Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 585322 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #8040 on: Yesterday at 02:12:06 PM »

Happy Coffee Day!   Georgia power said my power would be restored by October 5!    Came back on about 45 minutes ago!   Good job, Georgia Power!   Bbl

Oh so happy for the early service K.  Now you can enjoy a hot dinner - with coffee.

Someone's done their job expeditiously!!  Giving them a pat on the back and a raise?  What a load of work to get to.

P

Puff, Karen could already have a hot dinner.  ;) :D She has a brand spanking new and working whole house generator now! Yay! But now she can cook a hot dinner without using propane to run the generator! Yay!
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:48:42 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #8041 on: Yesterday at 02:47:21 PM »

Waving to All the ((Beakers))!  :)

Lori, thanks for sharing Penny Pics from LilBro! I love Penny's new shirt - the Peneloraptor!! Love it!!  :D :-*

Lisa, I didn't know that Bradley went to the Savannah College of Art & Design! That's a Big Wow!! Good for him!

Lani, I'm so glad Mike's brother and his wife are okay. I have seen many videos of the awful damage and flooding in Sarasota, FL.

Clynn, three cats make for a comedy troupe!! LOL. S&S&H need to start an act and take it on the road!!  ;) ;D  My Mtns Sis and her husband live on the top of the mountain ridge above the town of Mtn City, TN, and they rarely go into town where they live for anything - not much there, really. They typically do all their grocery shopping, hair doing, medical appts, and any other shopping by driving either east to Boone, NC (currrently flooded out), or west to Elizabethton, TN (currently flooded out), or drive to Johnson City, TN. They drive to Johnson City, TN at least once a week. That's where they were able to get to today, and get a hotel room! Yay!!

There are some plans starting to be put in place for some areas cut off from transportation and communication - Starlink satellite comms are going to be used to help some of the states, and there are plans for food and supplies air drops in some places, too. The Army Corps of Engineers is working now to find ways to speed up getting more roads passable, even with temporary fixes here and there, to allow supplies to be brought in to the cut-off communities.

Last death count I saw this morning was 61. It will grow, sadly. Tennessee is not giving a total yet - say the total of deaths in that state due to Helene is currently unknown, with many unaccounted for. Prayers for All.

Thanks to all for your wishes for my family members in the mtns of TN and NC who were affected by the storm. Even though my Mtns Sis's son and his wife lost the contents of their home that they had temporarily stored in a different home while a new home is being built, they are safe. But the basement, not where they are temporarily living, but where their home's contents were being stored, completely filled with flood water. It's a total loss.

For someone else who asked... yes, of course my Mtns Sis and her husband prepared with non-perishable food and bottled water!! Doh! LOL. They go through periods of extreme weather, storms, and power loss from the usual extreme weather conditions they experience now and then, since they live in a rural area on the very top of a mountain ridge. That's why they have a whole-house generator. But it has been temporarily not working because of a needed part that is on back order. Awful timing! But it's near impossible to prepare for loss of all communication, aside from a satellite phone, and loss of water utilities/cell towers/ washed out roads and bridges, etc. The infrastructure is gone, and won't be back for months to come in many cases, for so many people in many places. The scale of destruction across such a giant area is incredible - FL, GA, SC, NC, TN, VA, WVA!!!

Great news this afternoon from my Mtns Sis! She and her husband were able to finally get a barely driveable path out of town to a highway that got them to a much larger, way less affected city - Johnson City, TN. She said it was very very dicey in many spots! They got a hotel room! Woot!! Now they can shower, get hot fresh food, have refrigeration, have access to services they need. And sleep! She said she needs sleep more than anything! Yay! Though she said the cell phone and internet connections are still touch and go, even there - so many cell phone/communications towers are completely destroyed.

In other news...
The KC Chiefs play in an hour!! I have to make a run for supplies!  ;D Go Chiefs!  :D

Later Gators!  :)
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:57:30 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8042 on: Yesterday at 03:28:37 PM »

LORI   Thanks for all those pics of Penny at 5 yrs old.  So cute and turning into a real beauty!  We can't tell if she's wearing her cowboy boots  LOL

KAREN   Yay to Georgia power.  Now will you contact the propane company and have them refill your tank?

LANI  Pastor Doberman from the Humane community shelter greets us this AM  LOL

PHYL   Crepuscule awesome 365   Love that "fall" stairway.

BAZI   So good to hear about your sis and hubby getting to a hotel room!! Food and "facilities"  What a luxury..AND sleep I see you added later.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #8043 on: Yesterday at 04:18:04 PM »

Lani - Pastor Doberman!   ;D   Hope you had a good trip to the valley. 

Phyl - Pretty fall greeting this morning.  Thanks for the 365.

baz - Good news about your Mtn Sis.  Hope she sleeps well tonight. 
Thank you, I am proud of him.  He graduated from there with a BFA in Interactive Design & Game Development .  He is a Dev QA tester for a major video game company.

baz and Lani - Good luck to your Chiefs!

Good night, everyone  :)

karengramke

« Reply #8044 on: Yesterday at 05:55:36 PM »

Kris Kristoferson  has died at 88!     Had no idea he would be that old!   RIP Kris.

Emyrauld

« Reply #8045 on: Yesterday at 06:46:05 PM »

A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected and smile through the unbearable....Moshe Woldoks

karengramke

« Reply #8046 on: Yesterday at 07:12:07 PM »

Thanks Emy, Nice!

oldguy

« Reply #8047 on: Yesterday at 07:14:15 PM »

A good historical look at his life by the AP
Kris Kristofferson, singer-songwriter and actor, dies at 88   -   https://apnews.com/article/kris-kristofferson-dead-47becf20fecd41aba66840af2e1275db
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Emyrauld

« Reply #8048 on: Yesterday at 07:43:14 PM »

I have most of Kristofferson’s Albums and a book of his music and lyrics.  Needless to say I am a big fan.  So many of his songs hit home with me  and I still listen to him regularly.  His music is his timeless legacy.
A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected and smile through the unbearable....Moshe Woldoks

Puff

« Reply #8049 on: Yesterday at 07:57:54 PM »

They said Kris Kristofferson died in Hawaii.

Only Willie Nelson is still here from the Highwaymen Group - Lot of talent in those 4 guys.  Willie, 91 years old.

karengramke

« Reply #8050 on: Yesterday at 08:38:39 PM »

Emy, I have some of his songs in my head but no collection like yours!   Quite an interesting man!

Baz, I think I have written, on the Beak  that  one of the places that I called home was Ashville.   During my two anda half years there I drove up and, down the mountain roads visiting hospitals, blood donor groups and community organizations.  It breaks my heart to see the pictures of the destruction in this beautiful part of the world. I am familiar with mountain city as well as Johnson City, and I am glad to read that your sister and her husband are in a hotel in Johnson City until I am sure the water recedes and makes it safe enough for them to return home, Johnson City has a lot to offer to people in the way of shopping hotels and medical care. It’s been a long time since I’ve been in the area but remember a it well.I hope that the new 🆕 Biltmore village can be restored and I am going to be interested in seeing how they repair interstate 40. Well, I don’t want to introduce politics into the Beak , but we as a country  and the world have to do something to save  our beautiful  land from total destruction .the climate changes are unbelievable .  We my house was spared this time and BLI will not be cutting down trees that are not Ready for the telephone pole industry !having  served on a number of  disaster relief agencies staffs, I have seen my share of disreputable
People and I am aware that I must wait at least six months to contact A

tree company in order to have them assess the 14  loblollys in their on my property. I certainly will only cut those that are diseased. Reminded me. If this is what I need to. My front yard is clear of everything, except for a massive pile of pine branches that are at the curb waiting to return to be picked up. The sides are clear of everything, but the backyard is a mess. There are branches everywhere, but I have the
time to get  this cleaned up. Anyway thanks for letting me vent and be safe.  I hope I can see some better news on the beautiful Smoky Mountains and the Blue Ridge Mountains prayers for all in harms way from all the water
Seds

staff across the country. I also am aware that I cannot call anybody for pricing until the storm has passed and I will only be calling a trusted local tree service people to come and give me an idea of what is dangerous and what is not , interestingly enough, I do have three Live Oak trees on the side of my house that had no damage whatsoever to them. I do love those trees and love the avenue of them in in Savannah. I also have some eastern red maples also , some other oaks, and a number of other little trees that are what I consider gentle on my property so, even if I take some of the pines down, I will not be  without trees and I do have to plant some something to replace part of the Pine , that is missing , too much sun coming in in the morning. Well that’s all for the day 

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8051 on: Yesterday at 10:54:37 PM »

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

« Reply #8052 on: Yesterday at 11:33:28 PM »

Rest easy now, Kris Kristofferson.  :-*

I remembered seeing this last year on TV when Kris was at this concert for Willie Nelson's 90th birthday at The Hollywood Bowl. Kris went on-stage and sang with Rosanne Cash! and he looked so happy. I remember seeing and hearing him then made me happy, because I knew of his illness and I was touched to see him smiling and enjoying that. I don't know for sure if that was his last time on stage, but it could have been.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw94RzY1Y7g - last year on stage at the Hollywood Bowl concert for Willie Nelson's 90th b'day

Another good article - excellent bio info, including info about his illness:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/obituaries/2024/09/29/kris-kristofferson-actor-singer-dead/

Lani

« Reply #8053 on: Yesterday at 11:44:12 PM »

Baz, happy to read you received good news from your mtn sister and hubby. I hope they have a good night's rest and recuperate from what's going on. It's hard to watch the news. I'm so sorry for the loss of life that keeps increasing. Just so heartbreaking  :'( .... yes, the Chiefs won. I held my breath the last minute. LOL. :)

Tsk, Lisa, I thought Pastor Doberman was a very dignified looking gentleman.  8)

{{{Emy, Karen}}} I had no idea Kris K was that old... He and Willi seem ageless..... Loved his voice, songs, I remember songs with Rita Coolidge..Besides Sunday Morning this is one of my favorites https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCgnbRWVvU8

Oldguy, thanks for the article. He didn't seem 88 years old. I'm shaking my head and wondering where the time went. .... his voice and music will be Timeless, like so many from his generation.

Puff, I can't believe Willi is 91.

Karen, I had to look up Loblolly Pine. A new one for me. You and tree experts will know what is best to do.  Take care  :-*

SED Phyl, beautiful day in France.... I hope your knee is doing well.

Good night and prayers for our Beak, Cheers and Forum family and friends. So much sadness and worry, prayers for loss of life, communities, animals, wildlife,

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tig, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles and Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk and Tim, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen and Piper, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Baz and family, Eagle and family, Tsk's DIL Amy, Puff, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Hellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #8054 on: Yesterday at 11:46:20 PM »

Rest easy now, Kris Kristofferson.  :-*

I remembered seeing this last year on TV when Kris was at this concert for Willie Nelson's 90th birthday at The Hollywood Bowl. Kris went on-stage and sang with Rosanne Cash! and he looked so happy. I remember seeing and hearing him then made me happy, because I knew of his illness and I was touched to see him smiling and enjoying that. I don't know for sure if that was his last time on stage, but it could have been.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw94RzY1Y7g - last year on stage at the Hollywood Bowl concert for Willie Nelson's 90th b'day

Another good article - excellent bio info, including info about his illness:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/obituaries/2024/09/29/kris-kristofferson-actor-singer-dead/

Thanks Baz, I just missed you.  :-*