Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 585314 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #8025 on: Yesterday at 05:57:12 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, sweet good night kitty with her night cap ...

oldguy, thanks for the video! Great Simon's Cat, haven't seen him for a good while!  Love seeing the bear cubs at Brooks River, they look so cuddly!  ::)

Phyl, yes, 3 cats are a riot, especially two youngsters and the old man. They both try to cuddle up to Harley and he tolerates it for a bit. Then he runs off, like 'I'm outta here!'  How is Ms Maggie doing, I think of her as Dame Maggie! Thanks for the article on cat's senses, very interesting!

BL, funny, I said basically the same thing to karen, if those tall lanky pines survived Helene they must be very healthy! Don't cut down a healthy tree!

tsk, when I talked to Mom last she said they had some rain, but not a lot. It wasn't raining then, and the radar showed solid rain over her area!! They were supposed to get more later, I haven't talked to her since then. Will talk to her today.

Before/After over I-40, looking down at US 74 with the Blue Ridge Parkway bridge in the distance.  Asheville, NC. Matthew

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #8026 on: Yesterday at 06:52:39 AM »

Good morning clynn  (one of the other early risers). 

Horrid pic of US 74.  No words.  Prayers for any and all affected.  :'(

Would you believe - finally have a pic showing the teacup for starting the day vs. coffee.   :-*

Being the beak token tea drinking rep I thought I'd celebrate the day by making some coffee.  Very rarely do I ever drink coffee. . .unless it's KONA coffee, especially Kona when in Hawaii.  So in deference to my tea choice, I made a pot of Kona for National Coffee Day.  Ah, but then I do it all the way.  Made a full pot of my supply of 100% pure Kona.  You have to indulge in the real thing to know why I say that.  Not only is the taste great but there's not that ugly after taste that you have to hide by eating or drinking something or brushing your teeth  again.  Now halfway through my first mug of Kona.  Maybe it'll be 3 today (to celebrate the holiday) and then there's an extra cup left to warm up tomorrow. 

Warmed up coffee not such a good idea but it's too expensive to toss.  When I have a client who I help with their trip they usually ask what they can bring back for me.  I usually say a fresh island pineapple would be good.  But when they return they've learned the difference in cost of pineapples and Kona.  But you like Kona, don't you?  Not even easy to find it in my area.  Cost for a pound is - well, you could buy a lot of tea bags!!  Mostly sold in smaller 7-8 oz bags.   Not too many buy it, at least not any of my friends that I know.  Blended versions/blends are definitely not as costly (but the taste  :o  is lacking). 

I will use it when I have guests.  And I use it on special days like today.  And, I use it because I deserve it.   ::)

Anyone have a loooooong straw - I'll share.

P

So - long story short - today I'm having Kona. 
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:24:36 AM by Puff »

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8027 on: Yesterday at 08:01:30 AM »

some bounce

Yep... Capt. Johnny was on that boat since he was 16 years old. He is in his 70s. Sad.
Thank goodness for community.

HAGD
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8028 on: Yesterday at 08:04:04 AM »

NATIONAL COFFEE DAY TODAY

CLYNN   Live oak arch is a beauty.  Drove through one of those once.  One has to look at those before and afters and wonder if it will ever get cleaned up

BL   Great advise for KAREN

OLDGUY    Those videos are so hard to look at  :'( :'(    Teddy's tale  ;D ;D

LANI   Happy to hear Mike's bro/SIL dodged the bullet.  Sweet goodnight pic Awww
Chicagoland

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #8029 on: Yesterday at 09:09:00 AM »

Penny B-day pics posting for LILBRO!!

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #8030 on: Yesterday at 09:11:04 AM »

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #8031 on: Yesterday at 09:13:12 AM »

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LisaG1967

« Reply #8032 on: Yesterday at 09:21:16 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....Happy Sunday!

baz - Hoping your Mtn families are doing ok.  Just watched the video you posted of their lil town.

karen - So happy to hear that your fence is fixed for Piper.  I bet she is happy, too.

clynn - The picture you posted from Savannah, GA, it reminds me of another tree line street in Savannah....Abercorn Street. That street ran in front of the dorms that Bradley stayed in during his Junior & Senior year at Savannah College of Art & Design.  There was also some beautiful homes on each side of the street.  Yikes, the before/after pic of I-40.

tsk - It was good talking to you last night, even if it was by text.   :)

kb - Thanks for the info from the storm chaser.

Phyl:D 

oldguy - Thanks for the info in NC and TN, and videos.

Lani - Your sleeping kitty, so adorable in her night cap.

Lori - Thanks for the birthday pics of Penny.  She is adorable, and I can't believe she is 5 already!

tig, Puff and all - Morning  :)

karengramke

« Reply #8033 on: Yesterday at 09:37:46 AM »

Happy Coffee Day!   Georgia power said my power would be restored by October 5!    Came back on about 45 minutes ago!   Good job, Georgia Power!   Bbl

LisaG1967

« Reply #8034 on: Yesterday at 10:06:20 AM »

Happy Coffee Day!   Georgia power said my power would be restored by October 5!    Came back on about 45 minutes ago!   Good job, Georgia Power!   Bbl

Yay, that is great news!  :D

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8035 on: Yesterday at 10:16:41 AM »

Sunday Blessings Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Karen, YAY! You have power! That's fantastic news!  :-*

Lori, Love Penny birthday pics! Such a happy sweetheart, many good wishes sent her way!

We're making a quick trip to the valley this morning.
Have a good and safe day Everyone!  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #8036 on: Yesterday at 10:34:01 AM »

Oh so happy for the early service K.  Now you can enjoy a hot dinner - with coffee.

Someone's done their job expeditiously!!  Giving them a pat on the back and a raise?  What a load of work to get to.

P

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8038 on: Yesterday at 10:48:25 AM »

Good Morning Everyone!

Currently: 65F cloudy , High  69F mostly,  with  Low 64F

Was up w/ cuppa Joe on the deck to see the Sun rise and welcome a new day and a new week.   ;)   ;D

CLynn Yes indeed. Maggie is the Grand Dame---of  this household and the Beakroom .

Karen, glad to read Georgia power came thru---even earlier than expected  ;) Happy Coffee Day  ;)

Lisa  :)

Lani safe travels

Baz  Hoping your Mtn families are well

Lori Thanks for sharing Penny's birthday pics. So cute.

Prayers for: The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers, Cheerios and RRP and families.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8039 on: Yesterday at 02:10:26 PM »

Karen, WOOT WOOT!!! Yay!!  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center