Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 568008 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #7830 on: September 21, 2024, 12:12:48 PM »

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #7831 on: September 21, 2024, 12:23:00 PM »

What a view!
https://x.com/i/status/1837489620352704563

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Lisa, Recall on your car's is a scary situation for you and Jeff. It's terrible Honda is taking so long in getting back to you. Maybe you should go on their facebook page and make a complaint. That always seems to motivate people.  ;D

Oldguy, thanks for volcano update, I sent the link on to family. We have many memories.

{{{Tsk and Tim}}} May each day, each moment bring you both healing, answers to questions and comfort...  sending prayers for a good day  :-*

Clynn, Love the pics of S & S... especially Sam checking out the Beak!  ;D :-*

Phyl, Love Miss Maggie  ;D {{{Mike and Samantha}}} ... coyote and owl playing peek a boo.  ;D

Kb, sweet sperm whale ... WOW great cloud pics! Glad the storm missed you.

Tig, good for you!!  8)

Royal Albatross update - TF chick further down the hill  :-* ... not too many chicks left on the island. A new season of parents are about to descend on the empty nests.

You can see a little dark spot over to the right of this pic - TF chick sleeping last night

Royal Albatross ~ TF & TFT's Last Visit Before TFT Fledges! 💕 9.19.24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ar4qJ7zgQc

Sep 20, 2024  #TAIAROA #royalcam #albatross
This is the last cam view footage we have of TFT before he went down the hill and later fledged. TF is on his nest and TFT comes into view from the left practicing his hops & running with wings outstretched. TF clacks at TFT when he got too close lol One last clack for good measure! 💕😊

TFT takes a short rest and the chicks look at one another before TFT gets up and continues his running and hops down the track. TFT pauses a few times, taking in Top Flat and imprinting it so he can return here in about 5-8 years. Then TFT goes down the hill and we no longer see him.

TFT was a delight to watch from his hatch to his fledge. He was such a sweet chick, was well fed by BOK and WYL and had a great neighbor in TF to hang out with. Godspeed TFT - have a safe journey & may you always have a belly full of squid!! 💕😊 The video is dedicated to my good friend Silvana Souza who is one of our albatross's biggest fans and especially proud of first time parents BOK & WYL and their chick TFT! Thank you for watching!

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

karengramke

« Reply #7832 on: September 21, 2024, 12:26:16 PM »

Happt Caturday.
Seems like when on day closes another opens!   Good luck tothe albies on their long sea journey!  Hope the bears all find safe warm dens for the winter.  Prayers for Iris and her babies! 👶   Florida eagle nesting season officially begins on October  first!
Glad all the cars are working well, oh, except Lisa, pending receipt of the  recall . I have always been told that the way a car is driven, not age or  miles is important for optimum performance.
My driving is short, stop and go trips and I am anxious for Mickey to arrive oi
For a Christmas and  get the car on the highway
For a while!   Even while sitting, unused, there are things that will deteriorate!
 Tsk,  looks like a silver lining maybe emerging for Tim and you.   Have they decided what they will ultimately do with the gall bladder?
Do take care of yourself and Lulu.

Phyl, the houses you have been posting look European to me.  Would love a matched print of all framed on a wall,  so colorful and cheerful!
Going out to walk tge driveway.  Like tge car, short, stop and go trips!

LisaG1967

« Reply #7833 on: September 21, 2024, 12:56:45 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers....Happy Caturday! 

We left early this morning to do our Walmart shopping, and decided to get our Flu shots while there.

Phyl - Loved your good night pic last night.   Aww, all your kitties, great pics of them. Thanks for the 365.

Lani - Beautiful pic from Katmai!  I had worried about my car the whole time going to Decorah and back, and also driving down for my Mom.  But, thanked God each time I made it.  :)  Thanks for the Royal update. 

oldguy - Thanks for the latest from Hawaii.

tsk - Sounds like you all have got some good information yesterday.  I hope Tim is getting better, and can come home soon.  Yes, the recall is a parts issue with Honda.  When the first notice arrived it said, you would receive another when the parts would be distributed to the dealerships.  I have an oil change & tire rotation next Tuesday.  I did ask about the recall, like I do every time I get the oil & tires done, and this time the adviser said they were not working on V6's yet, to hang in there.  It should be soon!

clynn - Love the pics of S & S!  Did Sam find the Beakroom interesting?  ;D  Glad to hear that your car is all fixed and no issues.

kb - Wow, those clouds!

baz - So sorry to hear about your friends.  It is so nice of you to pick up some things for them at the store.   :-*

karen - You want me to come down and take your car for a spin  ;D

tig, and Puff -Afternoon  :D

karengramke

« Reply #7834 on: September 21, 2024, 01:23:37 PM »

Baz, what a story!  Prayers for tge affected famikies and theirbpets!

karengramke

« Reply #7835 on: September 21, 2024, 01:43:55 PM »

Lisa, come on down but get your car fixed first!   Lol

Was on my first trip down the driveway and something caused  me to look behind me and there was a little  black 4 legged baby trotting behind me!  No, collar, harness or leash!  Fortunately  she followed me back to the house and is safe inside!   Went back out but made sure the door was  closed tightly!

Clynn, that Sam, reading the Beak!  He hasn’t  even started Kindergarten yet, has he?

LisaG1967

« Reply #7836 on: September 21, 2024, 02:00:50 PM »

Lisa, come on down but get your car fixed first!   Lol

Was on my first trip down the driveway and something caused  me to look behind me and there was a little  black 4 legged baby trotting behind me!  No, collar, harness or leash!  Fortunately  she followed me back to the house and is safe inside!   Went back out but made sure the door was  closed tightly!

Clynn, that Sam, reading the Beak!  He hasn’t  even started Kindergarten yet, has he?

Oh no, I am assuming you are talking about Piper?  Glad she got back inside!

Puff

« Reply #7837 on: September 21, 2024, 03:39:43 PM »

I either missed it or forgot Lisa.  What is the recall for on the car?

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #7838 on: September 21, 2024, 04:04:17 PM »

I either missed it or forgot Lisa.  What is the recall for on the car?

P

Puff -  The recall is on a fuel pump module that may have have an improperly molded impeller, per the form.  It also states, that an inoperable fuel pump could prevent engine from starting, cause vehicle to lose drive power or stall while driving, causing the risk of crash or injury.

Puff

« Reply #7839 on: September 21, 2024, 04:26:55 PM »

Lisa That doesn't sound good at all - especially the wait - Hope they get things moving for you.

You and KB don't need the extra aggravation and worry.

Wish there was more we could do for tsk KB, Phly.  At least our supply of hugs/prayers still going out. 

Had to check out the noise on another channel - It is raining at the Mississippi.  Mother nature needs to share that around to the dry areas.  Like IL.  Suppose to be here tomorrow for us.

Back to reading and watching football.  Too hot for outside.

P

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7840 on: September 21, 2024, 05:23:21 PM »

Not much good news floating around the Beak this weekend. I'm sorry all this difficulty.
I'm not doing my best---fell asleep driving this PM. Jim in passenger seat.
All is well though.

Yes. On the new series on PBS about the Big Cats.   Awesome.
The professional photographers following a tribe of lions, a cheetah and a leopard over a period of a couple of months.
Again, prayer candles lit {{{Tsk & Tim}}}.

I'm gonna call it a day. Take a wee nap. Then get our pizzas made,  Romain/spinach salad e/ creamy Caesar dressing, brew each. No dessert.

Here's an early Good Night Everyone... SEDs 

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #7841 on: September 21, 2024, 05:57:16 PM »

Sorry Lisa, yes it was piper! She has become very adept at opening the doors and taking herselfout!  I have to be more careful about closing them!
Phyl, you fell asleep driving?  Yikes!

BrokenLug

« Reply #7842 on: September 21, 2024, 08:44:18 PM »

Good morning Cape Cod.

Wow holly molly.

Looked wicked pisser on the radar loop.

Everybody's anchors still in the clam mud there ?

https://mrms.nssl.noaa.gov/qvs/product_viewer/index.php?web_exec_mode=run&menu=menu_config.txt&time_mode=update&zoom=7&clon=-74.741642951966&clat=41.385260198152&base=0&overlays=1&mping_mode=0&product_type=shsrs&product=SHSR&qpe_pal_option=24&opacity=0.8&looping_active=on&num_frames=36&frame_step=200&seconds_step=3600

Sitting on a rocking chair porch toking on a mighty fine cigar dipped in some mighty fine brandy here in the Catskills.

Gandalf type smoke rings a rising.

A mature red tail fox just walked up to us like what the heck are U humans doing here.   ;)

We'll be out of your tail realm after the embers are cold.

tsk    :-*
U. S. A.

oldguy

« Reply #7843 on: September 21, 2024, 11:47:40 PM »

Good Caturday Evening Beakers

Some feel good cat stories

INTRODUCING: SPRITE CRANBERRY MCDONALD YORK   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uJKvRMTL_4

Lost cat that went missing in Yellowstone makes journey back to California   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl52pxFcjnw

Stray Cat Walks Into Vet Clinic with Sick Kitten   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwtOJGT-7V4

DOWNING STREET LARRY TOTALLY DISAPPEARS WHAT HAPPENED   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgTY4ZVgc7s

Maru won the box over by silent pressure   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25QBpAcvL50

Kilauea is still resting - here is complete info on this latest event...
Eruption on Kīlauea middle East Rift Zone   -   https://www.usgs.gov/observatories/hvo/science/eruption-kilauea-middle-east-rift-zone

« Last Edit: September 21, 2024, 11:52:26 PM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

« Reply #7844 on: September 22, 2024, 12:09:40 AM »

{{{Phyl, Jim and Maggie}}} glad you're okay, sleep well tonight.  :-*

Karen, you sound like you're feeling better.... Hugs to you and Piper.  :-*

Hi Puff, Lisa  :)

BL, Pip and Kopje Enjoy your weekend.

Oldguy, SPRITE CRANBERRY MCDONALD YORK great name!  ;D ... I hope DS Larry returns.... amazing story of Rainbow, that beautiful cat should be kept at home from now on. They are so lucky he tried to return home. Just amazing he made it so far...

{{{Tsk, Tim, Lulu}}} sleep well  🙏

Good night! prayers for our Beak Family.  🙏

#89 Backpack having late night snack

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tig, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles and Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen and Piper, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Hellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2024, 11:13:00 PM by Lani »