Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 566687 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #7845 on: September 22, 2024, 06:01:13 AM »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #7846 on: September 22, 2024, 06:15:32 AM »

Good Morning Everyone.!

Currently: 74F partly  sunny , High  97F sunny,  with  Low 74F

Hope everyone had a pleasant eveninghttps and a good night's rest.

Karen/Lani  I just nodded off .

Lani  the scoop on Larry the Cat:  https://www.the-independent.com/news/uk/politics/larry-the-cat-downing-street-death-b2602158.html

{{{Tsk & Tim }}} and Lulu    :-* , too

Karen  sounds like you might be feeling better, I hope so

Prayers for: The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #7847 on: September 22, 2024, 06:16:02 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7848 on: September 22, 2024, 06:46:03 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, hope you got a good night's rest and are feeling better this morning! The first day of Autumn, my favorite season! Thank you for breakfast this morning, I love cranberry orange bread... Good 365, love seeing the birds in France!  How are you this morning?

Lani, and how are you and Mike doing? Is Mike getting to work from home for a while?

oldguy, lots of good cat videos, thanks! The Sprite Cranberry one reminds me of our kittens and Harley, who is also fat and tries to eat their food! Wonder where Larry is?  I didn't realize he was that old!

karen, Piper is a smart girl, she keeps you on your toes!

baz, you are so good to help your friends when they need so much help! I cannot imagine how devastating it would be to lose almost everything. Thank goodness there are still good people in this world. I hope they get the help they need to get their lives back... These disasters are happening too often these days.

Lisa, that sounds like kind of a serious recall! I hope you get an answer when you talk to the dealership again!

Wouldn't this be great?
  Australians have found a solution to making road markings more visible at night. They want to paint them in 'photoluminescent paint', similar to that on the hands of some watches

« Last Edit: September 22, 2024, 07:08:15 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7849 on: September 22, 2024, 07:14:45 AM »

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7850 on: September 22, 2024, 07:35:29 AM »

First day of fall - YAY

CLYNN  Beautiful opening to Caturday yesterday  ;D  LOL  I voted for Kiwa too  ;D    Those two cats are a stitch - Good shot of them looking out the window and of course Sam has learned to read already  ;) ;)  We are supposed to get light rain today  Hmmm    Banyon tree  WOW

PHYL   Love those shots of Maggie  :)  Oh Oh with the balloon  LOL  You fell asleep driving???  :o :o  You've had a lot of good days!! What happened?  Walnut tree 365  Good one

KB    PIC line - Hear you!   Dad had a g-tube for a year - Pepsi was our cleaning method  LOL

TIG    I go the old fashion way - actually talking to a person - every chance I get!!

OLDGUY    Your links will give me reading material for the hospital today  LOL  Will say tho Sprite Cranberry was so cute  Lulu has that puzzle to find her treats at night - She is an expert  LOL

BAZI  As a matter of fact - Original removal of the gall bladder was to be 6 weeks from now BUT  I do believe I hear now it could be 3-4 weeks - YAY  I can keep you posted on the tribes and single cats if too sad. - I don't like that either.   Thank you so much for that flooding report.  You are so kind to try and venture out to get to your friends  How sad for them and for all so affected by this flooding.  So much time yet to get all repaired as well.  Be safe in your own journey to get there.

LANI    The leopard you will see in the Big Cats is learning to capture it's prey by tree jumping!  The Holy Spirit has really been in play for this whole ordeal with Tim.  If Tim hadn't had the vomiting incident he never would have been hospitalized - the gall bladder may have gotten worse - he would never had been hooked up with the endocrinologist for his diabetes( he had been refusing to go at his PCP direction)  - and if we had not been delayed yesterday in seeing the endocrinologist before we left yesterday we would not have know about the sudden atrial fib!!!  Everything for a reason.    Yay  how cute they describe TFT's final look at his home  Fly high little one.

KAREN   So Mickey is coming for a visit??  Will be good to see her.   Gall bladder removal could  be as early as 3 weeks from now.
That was a stray kitty that followed you in the house?  Oh  I get it Lisa said Piper got out - that makes more sense  That stinker!!

LISA   Well we will pray your car can wait for its turn  ::) ::)

Well we almost made it home yesterday!!!  Dressed and waiting for endocrinologist to answer all my question and to have IVs removed, D/C instructions etc  Nurse runs in and says " Are you all right?"  you're in atrila fib - WHAT??  I feel fine.  He's had it twice before and was hospitalized  last year  sigh.  So moved to a different floor and a step down unit.  Proper drugs administered and noted this AM HR is coming down but a ways to go.  Maybe today??  Have already cancelled a few things for this week..
« Last Edit: September 22, 2024, 07:38:27 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #7851 on: September 22, 2024, 08:08:43 AM »

Sorry to hear of Tim's setback tsk.  I have a small monitor always in the area.  Hope that now gets calmed down.

I originally got back on to report rain in my area - yours is coming up that way, too.

Hugs and prayers.

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #7852 on: September 22, 2024, 10:12:57 AM »

Good Morning Beakers...Happy Sunday, and First day of Fall!

Puff - Thanks  :)

Phyl - Oh yikes, falling asleep while driving! Oh, reading further, you nodded off.  Phew!   Dinner sounded good.  I hope you are all rested today.  Love your Autumn pics.  Thanks for the 365.

karen - LOL, Piper letting herself out. 

BrokenLug - Oh, Cape Cod...another place to add to my bucket list.  Have always wanted to go there.

oldguy - Thanks for the videos. Love the story on the cat finding its way back home to California, awww.

Lani - Thanks for the pic of #89.

clynn - Love your morning cuppa!  What worried me most about the recall was the distance driving, and something happening.  When I told the dealership how far I was driving, they didn't seem concerned.   :-\

tsk - Yep, car is going to wait its turn.  :)  Oh no, I am sorry to hear that Tim had a lil setback.  I hope everything gets sorted out, so he can get back home, and get back to normal.  ((HUGS))

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7853 on: September 22, 2024, 11:38:36 AM »

TRR - The Sloths are the National Symbol of Costa Rica  :-*

Sunday Blessings Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl, Former PM Rishi Sunak and family had asked to adopt Larry the Cat, but was denied... I hope Larry returns soon to #10.... awww love the Great Tit and Nuthatch...

Clynn, we're fine and Mike has been able to work from home these past weeks. So far so good!  :) .... interesting road markings color in Australia. Beautiful Banyan tree....

{{{Tsk and Tim}}} Amen, I try to tell myself everything happens for a reason, as difficult as it is for us to go through it... You've both been through so much, You're very inspiring  :-*
Oh no, another setback, so glad you both were there at the time... prayers Tim may be able to go home today. Peace be with you both.  :-*

Lisa, I would think the dealership would be concerned, unless they think there is no repercussions for them... take care.  :-*

Love everyone's Autumn pics!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #7854 on: September 22, 2024, 11:55:52 AM »

📺 SLOTH TV

🦥Sloth Preschool Update:
NEW ARRIVAL:
Zayed, 2F Sloth:
Zayed was brought to our clinic after being discovered alone on the ground in La Fortuna, San Carlos. He is stable but has a reserved prognosis.
Denahi, 2F Sloth: Denahi was brought to us after being found alone following her mother’s passing under unknown circumstances. She is stable but has a reserved prognosis due at this time to her young age.
Klara, 2F Sloth: Klara arrived after being found alone on the ground in the mountains of Coronado, Costa Rica. She is undergoing nebulization treatments to address a respiratory issue. Although she is currently stable, his prognosis remains reserved at this time.
Heidi, 2F Sloth: Heidi arrived from the mountains of Cartago, having been found alone after her mother’s passing. She is stable, but she’s experiencing stomach discomfort typical for her age. Although she is currently stable, his prognosis remains reserved at this time.

Cello, 2F Sloth: Cello is progressing really well. He’s growing steadily and maintaining a healthy appetite.
Pablo, 2F Sloth: Pablo has developed umbilical dermatitis, and while he is undergoing treatment, he is experiencing a significant improvement every day.
Preztel, 2F Sloth: Pretzel has been making remarkable progress; he remains highly active and is eating and growing well. He will soon be ready to graduate to Sloth High School!
Athena, 3F Sloth: Unfortunately, Athena has been undergoing nebulization treatments for pneumonia, and while she is receiving the necessary care, her prognosis remains reserved. We are closely monitoring her condition and hoping for improvement.
Opal, 2F Sloth: Opal’s fracture has been healing well. She has started to gain more mobility and remains more active.
Bonnie, 2F Sloth: After further examination, we have found that Bonnie has a ligament injury in her elbow, which limits her arm movement. Despite this, she remains active and is eating well.
Blake, 2F Sloth: Blake’s progress has been remarkable, he’s been eating well and growing steadily. We are very proud of his progress so far.
Clyde, 2F Sloth: Clyde has been growing steadily and he’s almost ready to graduate to Sloth High School!
TayTay, 2F Sloth: TayTay is progressing remarkably well, becoming stronger and more resilient with each passing day. Her continued growth and development are truly encouraging!
Waylon, 3F Sloth: Waylon’s appetite has improved significantly and now he’s eating independently and gaining weight!
Beanie, 2F Sloth: Beanie is growing well and has made significant progress, though she still has limited mobility in her upper limbs. We are actively working on improving her movement and ensuring she receives the support she needs.
Pixie, 2F Sloth: Pixie has grown a lot and we are very proud of seeing how far she has come!

🕊️In Memory Of: :'( Breaks my heart for the 3Finger sloth population.

Hebe, 3F Sloth: With a heavy heart we have to announce that Hebe has passed away due to some respiratory issues, Unfortunately, these complications are often seen in very young sloths.
Bubba, 3F Sloth: Bubba arrived at our clinic after being transferred from another rescue center, but despite our best efforts and dedicated care, sadly, she passed away due to persistent pneumonia that had been affecting her since her arrival. We are deeply saddened by her loss and will miss her dearly.  :'(

🌳Sloth Elementary / High School Update:

Nevada, 2F Sloth: Nevada has been steadily eating and growing, with noticeable strength gains each day!
Bruno, 2F Sloth: Bruno has been adapting well to Sloth Elementary! He’s growing and gaining strength every day!
Fiesta, 2F Sloth: Fiesta has been adapting well to Sloth Elementary and is growing quickly. However, due to her medical condition and ongoing lung issues, she will not be eligible for release and will have to stay in our sanctuary as a permanent resident where she will be provided with all the care and support she needs to thrive.
Wyatt, 2F Sloth: Wyatt has started the weaning process and is progressing smoothly. He is eating well and growing steadily, showing positive signs of development as he adjusts to this new stage.
Tulip, 2F Sloth: Tulip has started the weaning process and is progressing smoothly. She is eating well and growing steadily!
Rose, 2F Sloth: Rose has completed her nebulization treatments and she has started to eat leaves and spend time in an outdoor enclosure.
JJ, 2F Sloth: JJ has been steadily gaining weight and has begun spending nights in an outdoor enclosure. He is adapting well to this new environment and adjusting smoothly to the transition.
Mimi, 2F Sloth: Mimi has been steadily gaining weight and has started spending her nights in an outdoor enclosure. She’s adapting well to her new environment, moving confidently through the branches with impressive mobility.
Moose, 2F Sloth: Moose has been spending more time in an outdoor enclosure at night, gaining weight, and showing excellent progress.
Grover, 2F Sloth: Grover was displaying some respiratory symptoms, so we have started him on nebulization treatments. Due to this, we have temporarily halted his outdoor time to ensure his quick recovery.
Binx, 2F Sloth: Binx keeps steadily gaining weight and becoming more independent every day, we are really proud of her progress!

🎓Sloth University Update:

Phoenix, 2F Sloth: Phoenix’s progress has been slow but steady. He’s been adjusting well to his new surroundings while steadily gaining weight.
Natalia, 3F Sloth: Natalia has developed some dermatological issues. We’re keeping a close eye on her condition to ensure she receives the necessary treatment and care she needs.
Ken, 2F Sloth: Ken has been brought back to our Headquarters for specialized care after developing anemia. We’re hopeful that with proper treatment, he will be able to return to the Release Site soon and continue the final stage of his rehabilitation process.
Roo, 2F Sloth: Roo has been eating well and growing steadily, and we are really happy to share that he is almost ready to be rewilded!

REWILDED Maple, 2F Sloth: Maple officially has been rewilded! We are very proud of seeing her back in the trees and we wish her the best! We will be tracking her movements and behavior using a telemetry collar and a microchip for the first couple of weeks to ensure she is doing well.

REWILDED Marina, 3F Sloth: Marina has also been rewilded! We are really happy to see this little one back where he belongs! We will be tracking her movements and behavior using a telemetry collar and a microchip for the first couple of weeks to ensure she is doing well.

A friendly reminder: We are a critical care facility - Even though you do not see this on camera, the animals are under 24/7 vet care.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #7855 on: September 22, 2024, 12:01:49 PM »

Royal Albatross ~ TF Prepares For Fledging with Hovers, Jumps & Running Flapping Down Track 9.21.24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TJDEHkdgfM

Sep 21, 2024  #TAIAROA #royalcam #albatross
TF's fledging is imminent now as he feels the calling to the wind and sea! TF practices his wing flapping taking it running down the track several times. He will also do a jump hover as he passes his nest - with the EXACT same route that TFT took the other day before his fledge! TF spent the night just below the hill last night. Will TF fledge today? Stay tuned! Thank you for watching!

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk

Posted 11 hours ago, You can see the top of TF's head poking out of the tall grass in the middle of the pic - he's staring out at the big world and dreaming of adventures!

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7856 on: September 22, 2024, 01:38:05 PM »

Bounce
A beautiful 65 degree day at our minor league ball game. We are losing in the 5th, but we had an inside the park home run!
And we saw a BE soaring over the field.
Darn it, Rory M. , another 2nd place.  :(
SKOL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #7857 on: September 22, 2024, 03:04:51 PM »

Lani - Thank you for keeping up with the Royals, and TRR updates.  How interesting they will be tracking the sloths rewilded. 

tig - Cool to see the BE while at game.

{{tsk & Tim}}

Good night, everyone

Phyl

« Reply #7858 on: September 22, 2024, 06:20:30 PM »

Hi Everyone...thanks for the posts, updates and replies.
I've sat here so long doing 'other things' my bottom is numb.
Sooooo...hoping for a good report tomorrow afternoon.

Larry the Cat at #10 Downing  :-* :-* :-*   🙏

{{{Tsk & Tim}}}   🙏

Good Night Everyone... SEDs 

Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #7859 on: September 22, 2024, 10:06:55 PM »

Good night beakers! 
Thanks for thensloth and akbie report!
Love tge ciffee cup with tge umbrellaGood Caturday videos
Nice update on Tim.    Little 2 inch incision is a piece of cake!
Good report on floiding!  Says it all.
Crab cakes aremagazine worthy.
Piper saysshe is ready for bed!
Good luck with tomorrow’s shotsin theknees.  Getting flu and. Cividon October first!
Seds