Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 542921 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #7215 on: August 29, 2024, 07:07:45 AM »

OLDGUY   Guitar duel  :o :o  Simon and Garfunkel kids - a real testimonial to genetics  LOL

TIG   Too bad on the food.   :'(       Safe trip tomorrow.  ;)

PHYL   How do you prove to the insurance company the cost of the lost food?  Good news on the doc visit.  You'll have to let us know how the gel works.  My Mom sewed.  Familiar patterns  ;)   Nice thing about being able to sew is making just what you want   :)   365  Lots happens at night  ;) ;)

CLYNN   Red pink hues this Thurs AM  :D   Those were such a cute coordinating outfits for the kids  ;D  Still humid here as well with a 70 degree beauty of a day predicted for Labor Day.  What a magazine ready photo of Split Rock lighthouse.  :o   Great perspective.

PUFF   Well THAT was a very memorable "honeymoon" ride  :o :o
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #7216 on: August 29, 2024, 07:36:56 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tig - Picturing your image.   :D

clynn - Love the pic of Erin & Kelsey, so cute!  My mama use to sew our clothes too.  Cool view of the Snowy Split Rock Lighthouse.  When I first looked at the pic before reading the info, it reminded me of a lighthouse that my mama had at her house.  I took a few of them back home with me in May when she passed, and my brother kept a few.  My mom and Dad both collected lighthouses.

Phyl - Sounds like things went well at your doc appt.  Thanks for the 365.  Hope you enjoyed your latte.

Lani - Sweet good night pup   

tsk
- Tim still feeling good?

kb, karen, Puff and all - Morning  :)

kbshcb

« Reply #7217 on: August 29, 2024, 08:33:52 AM »

Ha ha on me!....hired an electrician and once he got here and we moved the christmas tree out of the way, the reset button was already fine!....
Had him put in a new one just for shiz and giggles...

It is old....the others were/are fine too....also had him check the voltage on my electric box...Chris found a "possible" recall on it and Siemes said they'd pay to have it inspected and put a sticker on it. He's not an inspector but checked it and it's fine so who knows. When I bought the house it was supposedly inspected and it's not been a fire hazard for now 36 years...only need a sticker now if I wanted to sell the house.

Silly me.

Getting ready for storms and mowing the back....later and have a great day

Puff

« Reply #7218 on: August 29, 2024, 10:21:10 AM »

Puff, my Dad was stationed at the Duluth AFB after he finished his tour in Viet Nam in 1969, and that is where he retired after 23 years. It is about 35 miles from Two Harbors and is now a MN National Guard base. We drove there several times, beautiful area! Short trip to Canada!

Ever hear of Silver Bay?  Was part of the Norad system.  Long since abandoned and razed.

P

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7219 on: August 29, 2024, 11:16:59 AM »

Aug 28, 2024 #birdcams #live #osprey
On the Hellgate Osprey Cam, Iris and Finnegan continue to supplement their fledglings with food as they hone their flight and fishing skills. Over the past few weeks, the nest site has proven to be a popular drop zone for these supplementary fish deliveries, and the fledglings know it!

In this clip, Sum-eh outcompetes the younger Antali for the rights to an incoming fish, but the hand-off goes awry. Minutes later, the siblings scramble in a flurry of feathers to claim a second fish delivery, and Sum-eh comes away with the prize.

Osprey Fledglings Compete For Fish Delivery, Sum-eh Wins The Prize – Aug. 28, 2024
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iUo5CqrxwQ

Sum-eh won a majority of the fish drops yesterday. Lots of wingslapping action between the siblings.  ;D

Antali makes another quick visit, before Sum-eh chases him off 2:34 pm Aug 27
https://x.com/i/status/1828533448169918782

Gorgeous wing span by Antali :-*

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Lisa, Love your mom's Lighthouse. I love collections such as yours, that one is timeless and could be set out on a shelf year round. Especially since you live in Maryland. In another three weeks or so, I'll set up my Fall/Halloween set.

Tsk, I hope Tim is doing well.  :)

{{{Puff}}} terrible start to your honeymoon.  :(

Kb, glad all has been checked out and well.  :)

Clynn, one of my favorite photos of Kelsey and Erin you have shared with us.... no, Mike has not had to travel, he will be doing that in September. And he's not retiring this next year as planned, there have been changes... so..... pretty pic of the Llighthouse, Two Harbors, MN., through your dad's years in the service, you've lived in many interesting places.

{{Phyl}}} good news for you with the dr. Prayers for continued healing and comfort with her suggestions for your care.... thanks for nature video, beautiful late summer night critters (looks like wild boars or javalenas to me)... I sewed a few Simplicity patterns for school. I had my favorite Clynn's 7584 would have been most common for school in the late 60's in Hawaii, going towards the sleeveless dresses.

8/27 Beginning on 8/5, the day Sum-eh fledged, Finnegan has brought in 76 fish/partial fish.
Iris has brought in 30 fish/partial fish.
Hardworking Mom and Dad!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #7220 on: August 29, 2024, 12:32:38 PM »

Calm waters says photographer Tim Card....this is the lake close to my house I used to walk around. 3.5 miles...it's just not safe anymore. :'( :'( Lake Harriet in Minneapolis

Calm before our predicted now enhanced storms for 5pm.

Many still without power since 3 days ago, argg.

got the back mowed.

I'm ready. So, I assume that means I won't be impacted ;) ;)

LisaG1967

« Reply #7221 on: August 29, 2024, 02:08:57 PM »

kb - Stay safe this evening with the approaching storms.  Hope you don't lose power!

Lani - Love the pic of Antali's gorgeous wing span! Thanks for the kind words on the lighthouse. 

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7222 on: August 29, 2024, 02:53:21 PM »

LISA   Interesting lighthouse collection.  Find it fascinating how people choose what they will collect and how it has special meaning  ;D
Tim got staples out yesterday.  Innocently he says to doc - " I don't know how you knew how to fix this".  Doc replies - "I went to spine school"  LOLOL    He's 100% with his leg pain and 85% better with his incision healing.

KB  Isn't that always the way!!  Like CLynn's car!   Good that you got a new one tho.  Beautiful lake photo - sunset/rise?

LANI   LOLOL  That video was so funny.  You'd think they hadn't eaten in a week.  I suspect soon, Iris and Finn will not be as ready to bring food and force the kids to get their own dinner   ;D ;D  Great screen clips  Wingspan  :o   I'm still cleaning the cat litter but Tim assures me by Saturday he'll be back to his job!   ::) ::)   Oh no,  sorry to hear Mike can't retire as planned. Dang!
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7223 on: August 29, 2024, 03:05:49 PM »

Bounce

We are at the Fargo Air Museum. Later to visit the "oldest" Dairy Queen, where the Dilly Bar was created.

Bro checked the house. All good.

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7224 on: August 29, 2024, 05:27:22 PM »

Lani, love the wingspan pic of Antali! Young ospreys are so beautiful! Iris and Finn are the best fish fetchers, wouldn't you love to watch them catch fish?

tig, hope you get to have a Dilly Bar at the DQ!

tsk, so Tim takes the litter duty back on Saturday! He is doing well!

Lisa, that is a beautiful lighthouse that was your Mom's! Someday I will take a picture of my curio cabinet with my Siamese cat collection display! And the 3 curio cabinets with my English teacups and other delicate items. Then there is my Longaberger Basket collection that is all over the place. Oh Lordy, I need to pare everything down.... And Ed is worse than me...  ::) Way worse, and his collections are just jumbled everywhere, in the basement Mole Hole.

Puff, I don't recall Silver Bay, I tried to Google it and couldn't find anything. Did you maybe mean North Bay? That was a NORAD facility for North America in Canada. Then there is the NORAD Combat Operations Center at the Cheyenne Mountain Complex, Colorado.

Unstoppable You (FB)
- Heavens to Mergatroyd!
The other day a not so elderly (I say 75) lady said something to her son about driving a Jalopy; and he looked at her and said, "What the heck is a Jalopy?" He had never heard of the word jalopy! She knew she was old ...But not that old.
Well, I hope you are Hunky Dory when you read this and chuckle.
About a month ago, I illuminated some old expressions that have become obsolete because of the inexorable march of technology.
These phrases included: Don't touch that dial; Carbon copy; You sound like a broken record; and Hung out to dry.
Back in the olden days we had a lot of moxie . We'd put on our best bib and tucker, to  straighten up and fly right.
Heavens to Betsy!
Gee whillikers!
Jumping Jehoshaphat!
Holy Moley!
We were in like Flynn  and living the life of Riley ; and even a regular guy couldn't accuse us of being a knucklehead, a nincompoop or a pill. Not for all the tea in China!
Back in the olden days, life used to be swell, but when's the last time anything was swell? Swell has gone the way of beehives, pageboys and the D.A.; of spats, knickers, fedoras, poodle skirts, saddle shoes, and pedal pushers.
Oh, my aching back! Kilroy was here, but he isn't anymore.
We wake up from what surely has been just a short nap, and before we can say, "Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle!" Or, "This is a fine kettle of fish!"
We discover that the words we grew up with, the words that seemed omnipresent, as oxygen, have vanished with scarcely a notice from our tongues and our pens and our keyboards.
Poof, go the words of our youth. Where have all those great phrases gone?
Long gone: Pshaw, The milkman did it. Hey! It's your nickel. Don't forget to pull the chain. Knee high to a grasshopper.
Well, Fiddlesticks! Going like sixty. I'll see you in the funny papers. Don't take any wooden nickels. Wake up and smell the roses.
It turns out there are more of these lost words and expressions than Carter has liver pills.
This can be disturbing stuff! (Carter's Little Liver Pills are gone too!)
Leaves us to wonder where Superman will find a phone booth.
See ya later, alligator! After a while crocodile. Oki-Doki artichokey!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

BrokenLug

« Reply #7225 on: August 29, 2024, 05:57:52 PM »

I was a might bit confused and turned around for 10 days but I ain't never been really lost.

In order to get truly lost entails not being anywhere, I haven't been able to re-create that.

If your somewhere then you just don't know where you are at the present time.

Kb Fenix Camping Lanterns.
Solid if you trust me.

With that Anker power brick U now got.

Past 15 years both Brands never played badly or let us puzzle down.  ;)

Our power goes out like people that keep hitting the free ranging telephone poles

BL, LOLOLOL on free-range telephone poles!!  I confess... Once, about 42 years ago, one of them suddenly jumped out from the grassy edge by the road, right in front of my right front wheel, and I managed to swerve just in the nick of time, so that I avoided a head-on collision, but did suffer a glancing blow that left only a slight abrasion on the otherwise unhurt telephone pole, and my car was the recipient of long, thin shards of splintered wood that shoved right in through the hinged-but-closed front edge of the passenger front door panel, and a few short ones lodged into my right front tire, which made for a weirdly uneven bumpy roll. I was able to pull over and mostly dislodge them enough to continue on to my morning commute to my appointed desk at work that morning!! That only happened once! As a result, I am now as alert and wary of free-range telephone poles as I am of deer in the roadside treeline at dusk and dawn.  And... I grew up riding in the back seat along my father's regular weekend and vacation road trips - long day trips, overnights, or extended getaways... He liked to take the road less traveled (and I imprinted on him, LOL). My mother famously would be overheard in the front passenger seat saying, "Bill, stop and ask for directions." After about the 3rd time she would say that, my father's reply, always, was, "I'm not lost. I just don't know where I am."  ;D ;D ;D  I loved my trips with my father, and not knowing where we were while we weren't lost. God, I miss that man.  :-*

You know Baz my conveyance has never struck any fixed object (true) the mobile objects have always struck my conveyance.

Allstate  101.

Boulders, trees, hillsides, rocks, fire .. some wildlife thrashing around in the Cab with me left some scars too .. just opened the cab door and let her out.   

I've never filed ever.

Stuff just happens while you are traveling if it doesn't than you ain't doing it right.   ;)

Camperstig.  :-*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6zaCV4niKk&list=RDzBMGovfHccI&index=27

« Last Edit: August 30, 2024, 12:54:40 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7226 on: August 29, 2024, 06:04:06 PM »

CLynn Yes I wore a 'Tent' dress. So did Mom. Dad liked it better on Mom; cute outfits for Kelsey and Erin. All those frills for a cute
little girl and handsome vest for a  little gentleman.
No I didn't make it to bed until 5:30am. No alarm and used those sleep masks that covered one's eyes from the light. Then 'Bingo"! 8:30 am and
I woke. JIm had left very early as they called him and offered extra hours. Awesome snap of  Snowy Split Rock Lighthouse and wingspan on Antali!

Tsk cute bear this AM; Definitely will keep you abreast of the progress of the gel injections. Guessing your  Tim is still improving.
Well in the 1980's all one needed to do was produce a receipt for the purchase of the spolied food. Most folks rescued the meat and stowed in
a ice chest and the appliance was replaced in a day or so it that was even necessary.  I guarantee it's not done like that these days. ;)
LOL Tim's  conversation w/his surgeon.  ;D

Lisa latte was nice.  :)   nice lighthouse display;

Tig
safe travels to you both;  relieved your bro is checking on the house and all. The first Dairy Queen-- :o.  Never had a 'Dilly Bar'.  :(

Lani  tks for the Osprey Hellgate update & snaps. You are dedicated nest watcher.
I just wish the Sauces and Two Harbors nest would snap out to their decline.
I very often wonder about Sauces' Dina who was banded and fledged May 2023. She was a big girl and rivaled her mama.

KB glad  youy got new breaker switches anyway. Better to be 'ready' for anything and nothing go amiss.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2024, 06:06:03 PM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7227 on: August 29, 2024, 06:12:17 PM »

Unstoppable You (FB)
- Heavens to Mergatroyd!
The other day a not so elderly (I say 75) lady said something to her son about driving a Jalopy; and he looked at her and said, "What the heck is a Jalopy?" He had never heard of the word jalopy! She knew she was old ...But not that old.
Well, I hope you are Hunky Dory when you read this and chuckle.
About a month ago, I illuminated some old expressions that have become obsolete because of the inexorable march of technology.
These phrases included: Don't touch that dial; Carbon copy; You sound like a broken record; and Hung out to dry.
Back in the olden days we had a lot of moxie . We'd put on our best bib and tucker, to  straighten up and fly right.
Heavens to Betsy!
Gee whillikers!
Jumping Jehoshaphat!
Holy Moley!
We were in like Flynn  and living the life of Riley ; and even a regular guy couldn't accuse us of being a knucklehead, a nincompoop or a pill. Not for all the tea in China!
Back in the olden days, life used to be swell, but when's the last time anything was swell? Swell has gone the way of beehives, pageboys and the D.A.; of spats, knickers, fedoras, poodle skirts, saddle shoes, and pedal pushers.
Oh, my aching back! Kilroy was here, but he isn't anymore.
We wake up from what surely has been just a short nap, and before we can say, "Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle!" Or, "This is a fine kettle of fish!"
We discover that the words we grew up with, the words that seemed omnipresent, as oxygen, have vanished with scarcely a notice from our tongues and our pens and our keyboards.
Poof, go the words of our youth. Where have all those great phrases gone?
Long gone: Pshaw, The milkman did it. Hey! It's your nickel. Don't forget to pull the chain. Knee high to a grasshopper.
Well, Fiddlesticks! Going like sixty. I'll see you in the funny papers. Don't take any wooden nickels. Wake up and smell the roses.
It turns out there are more of these lost words and expressions than Carter has liver pills.
This can be disturbing stuff! (Carter's Little Liver Pills are gone too!)
Leaves us to wonder where Superman will find a phone booth.
See ya later, alligator! After a while crocodile. Oki-Doki artichokey![/size]

I see alot of my favorite expressions here---

'Hunky Dory'
'Kilroy was here.'
'Pshaw'---Jim's favorite
'Fiddlesticks! '
'Don't take any wooden nickels'
 'Wake up and smell the roses.'
And on and on.  ;)

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl