Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 542895 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #7200 on: August 28, 2024, 05:37:32 PM »

Cute handshake, Lani

LisaG1967

« Reply #7201 on: August 28, 2024, 05:55:05 PM »

Kb - Amazing bat video.  Hope all went well with the toe nail clipping.

BL - Wow, what a light show ⚡️

Lani - Thanks for the bear update. 

Karen - Pouring a cup for you and Lani ☕️

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7202 on: August 28, 2024, 06:03:59 PM »

PUFF  After listening to the weather tonight almost all of Chicagoland was involved in that storm.  9,000 still without power.  ORD wind gust 59 mph but was not the greatest.  Up to 80 mph in some areas.

LANI   There have been an awful lot of bears just in the years we've been watching. So many return within viewing. Couldn't agree more about the fall and things slowing down some.    LOLOL on the secret handshake.  Perfect caption.  :D
Chicagoland

oldguy

« Reply #7203 on: August 28, 2024, 08:02:45 PM »

Hello Beakers

I was going to update my post last night after the rain, but my internet went down... :P  It was back by morning... :D  We got .56 in of rain.  The temps got down to 70 by morning, but the dew point was 68 - it made it to 89 by 3pm and dew point of 74 - so still very sticky.  Still much better than the last 2 days.  Got my lawn mowed this evening after the sun got behind the trees.
Forecast is back to 90 and storms for tomorrow after 3pm.

Interesting read last night on the children of Simon & Garfunkel - 4 for Simon (Harper, Adrian, Lulu and Gabriel) and 2 for Garfunkel (James/Art Jr. (born 1990) and Beau Daniel 2005) - all 6 are involved in music careers.  Art Jr made it big singing his dad's music in Germany.

This is from 5 years ago - from the comments - "They aren't trying to outplay each other. They're trying to see whose brain catches on fire first."
Best guitar duel ever! Joe Bonamassa and Eric Gales   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9eNyWFT64o

Quarantine Kids play "The Swimming Song"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnD6FgPIilA

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7204 on: August 28, 2024, 09:02:08 PM »

Some bounce
We had a wonderful time together today at the State Fair.
But the latest estimate for power says tomorrow at 3 p.m. I will toss some food in the morning before we leave. Bro will check the thermostat and garage door function once power is restored. When we return I'll toss more food as necessary. Sigh.
Sed
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #7205 on: August 28, 2024, 09:07:37 PM »

Some bounce
We had a wonderful time together today at the State Fair.
But the latest estimate for power says tomorrow at 3 p.m. I will toss some food in the morning before we leave. Bro will check the thermostat and garage door function once power is restored. When we return I'll toss more food as necessary. Sigh.
Sed

Sorry tig.....we may have an entire repeat of the last storm..tomorrow late afternoon....quick, get out of town!

karengramke

« Reply #7206 on: August 28, 2024, 09:24:00 PM »

Tig, you can declare lost food on your taxes!  Safe traveks

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7207 on: August 28, 2024, 11:26:38 PM »

CLynn pretty impactions (?)  and vinca (periwinkles) in your front garden. luv the red  'she-shed'

Lisa had a latte at the vendor just inside the hospt/garage lobby

Tsk that's a good bit of rain; prayers for the 9,000 + w/o elect

KB wonderful video of Nora and mombat and her pup tks

BL  awesome storm video, tks

OG  always enjoy he Q -kids for the links.

Tig you can also claim the food you lost in the electricy outage on your homeowners insurance---if the amount is greater than
your policy deductible. Travel mercies.

Lani many tks for the North American Black Bear Family; sweet snap of her cubs

Good Night --Everyone... sleep well. 

« Last Edit: August 29, 2024, 02:03:45 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7208 on: August 29, 2024, 01:03:02 AM »

{{{Tig and Camper}}} Glad you had a good time at the fair... sorry about the power, glad your brother will check on the house while you're gone.
Safe travels and take care. Looking forwrd to pics!  :-*

Oldguy, enjoyed the QKids

SED Karen, Kb, Puff  :)

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tig, Tim and Tsk, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles and Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Karen and Piper, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Hellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #7209 on: August 29, 2024, 04:57:11 AM »

Good Morning Everyone!
Happy Thursday...

Currently: 72F sunny , High  100F sunny,  with  Low 72F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

My appt with Dr. Martin,  whose an MD, DO and her staff went extreme well. New x-rays were taken and Amy, doc's PA went over them thoroughly.
She explained no surgery was needed at this time. Which thrilled me to no end.   ;D  I say---Leave my knees alone. LOL
But, injections resumed   ;D  while Doc got  insurance approval on the Hyaluronic Acid keen gel .  So, I'' be getting this
As for the cortisone,  well she said steroids were simulants and I'd be up for a longtime to night and to keep busy.   So, here I am. LOL

Prayers for: The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

Picture me in the two on the right---long black hair past my shoulders, with bangs pulled back off my face and
secured with one of those long narrow flat metal barrettes .
My mother made all my clothes while I was growing up.  Then I took over. She usually used 'Simplicty' or 'Butterick'.
Only on rare occasion did she  or I use 'McCall's .
LOL---now I have bangs and shoulder length silver streaked hair.

Thursday’s Thunder
The storm begins, with rumblings loud
As Thursday’s tempest, our hearts and souls avow
The world’s a vessel, tossed by turbulent seas
As we ride the waves, of life’s unpredictable breeze

The lightning flashes, a moment’s glare
As Thursday’s power, our souls and hearts do share
The storm subsides, with a gentle rain
As Thursday’s lessons, our hearts and minds do sustain
« Last Edit: August 29, 2024, 05:24:04 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7211 on: August 29, 2024, 05:55:13 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, you're up early too, or did you ever go to sleep? A nap will be in order later today... Sounds like your Dr. is taking good care of you, sounds like she is very thorough and really cares. Very interesting 365, peaceful sounds. Was that a herd of wild boars?  :o  Love your vintage sewing patterns! Empire waists, puffy sleeves! I can definitely picture you in that dress! I bet I have sewn a million miles in my lifetime! My Mom also made all of our clothes when Cathy and I were youngsters. The school I attended in AZ had Home Economics starting in 7th grade, that's when I took over making my own dresses! We all wore dresses back then, no slacks allowed for girls! Then I took Home Ec all four years of HS. Do you remember the tent dress from the mid 1960s? One could whip up one of those in an hour! When we got the kids I was really into Daisy Kingdon patterns for Kelsey, the picture is one of the years I made them coordinating Christmas outfits.

Lani, has Mike had to travel lately? I hope he is doing well, looking forward to retirement I bet... Hugs to the Furkids! Thanks for the beautiful pictures of the bears at Anan Wildlife, the cubs and the handshake is so sweet! And Lily and her 4 CUBS! I bet it was very noisy in the den when all four were hungry!

tsk, staples out, that is good and almost back to normal for Tim! I need to make an appointment for some minor foot surgery, just dreading it so keep putting it off... We got nothing from that storm that hit you, but we are supposed to get some rain tonight. And that will start the cool down. 92 today, 81 high tomorrow with showers in the morning. I am ready for Fall (but not for winter!!).

oldguy, thanks for the info on Simon and Garfunkel's children!

I grew up in Minnesota · Lopez Barcelona - Snowy Split Rock Lighthouse seen from a plane
Capturing this image was an incredible experience. I was in a single engine Cessna flying up and down the North Shore to experience its incredible sights from a unique vantage point. To get this specific photo, I had the window of the plane open while we were going 100+ mph as I fired off a volley of images as we circled the historic lighthouse. Split Rock Lighthouse. Two Harbors, MN

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7212 on: August 29, 2024, 06:31:58 AM »

Very cool image... Looks like a blanket on the ground... Which, of course, it is. Just don't use the four letter word... Yet  8)
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Puff

« Reply #7213 on: August 29, 2024, 06:49:34 AM »

Clynn  I'm sure there are not too many of us on line this a.m. who have ever even heard of Two Harbors. 

I've mentioned before I'm sure, I once was married in Two Harbors.  December 29, 1965.  He was stationed nearby in AFB.  Drove into Canada for a scenic afternoon.  Car accident, 1 week in hospital before I was released to fly.  VW wagon was totaled on bunch of wild dogs.  I'll not go back in to that.  Beautiful area to ride through, though.

P_

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7214 on: August 29, 2024, 07:05:29 AM »

Puff, my Dad was stationed at the Duluth AFB after he finished his tour in Viet Nam in 1969, and that is where he retired after 23 years. It is about 35 miles from Two Harbors and is now a MN National Guard base. We drove there several times, beautiful area! Short trip to Canada!
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown