Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 539013 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #7245 on: August 30, 2024, 07:15:24 AM »

American Eagle Foundation - It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Tecumseh, our 44-year-old golden eagle. The difficult decision was made to humanely euthanize him after his quality of life declined.

Tecumseh hatched at the Topeka Zoo in Kansas and was shortly thereafter transferred to the Akron Zoo in Ohio. In 1995, Tecumseh’s life took a transformative turn when he was sent to American Eagle Foundation. Here, Tecumseh quickly became a star of the Wings of America Birds of Prey Show at Dollywood Theme Park, captivating audiences with his majestic presence and teaching millions about the importance of conservation.

Tecumseh’s legacy is one of inspiration. Like the great Shawnee leader for whom he was named, Tecumseh was a symbol of courage and strength, embodying the indomitable spirit of both golden eagles and the historic Chief and orator. Tecumseh routinely reminded us that conservation is a unifying goal.
American Eagle Foundation will forever remember Tecumseh’s incredible journey and profound impact. His legacy lives on in the hearts of our staff and our community, all of whom were inspired by his work as an educational ambassador.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7246 on: August 30, 2024, 09:15:29 AM »

Bounce
(((AEF)))
Prayers for Texas officer

No, no Dilly
Yes, damage from Tuesday storm. Not sure yet if we sustained more damage yesterday. We lost 2 large branches from  our evergreens... 1 in back, 1 in front. Plus a half dozen small ones. Something I have not seen before... I found several sprout stems scattered in the yard from my grandparent's roses. The directions items scattered... there was a lot of swirling in the wind.
On the road again 🎵
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7247 on: August 30, 2024, 09:36:47 AM »

Tsk LOL the Doc quip. Nope. No nude beaches back in those days. Tim doing "okay"?  Pets to LuLu. 
'Pond turtle or alien?' I thought so too.

CLynn  'Right on" w/ colored hands/arms. 
It was about 1972 when we got to wear slacks in the winter as the wind blew so and it was like icy pricks to the bare legs.
My mothers way around all that was 'Tights"  or colored panty hose. I was unique.  ;)
The huge deal was shorts about May-June and later if one was in summer school. The desert gets hot and hotter and the shorts were
hard fought...just 3" above the knee. When we wore dresses had to have panty hose on our legs. However, that later changed too.  ;D ;D
 :-*  SF Bay Ospreys - Richmond, Rosie, Tully and Pax.
 RIP  Tecumseh  :-* :-*, of American Eagle Foundation -the skies are yours now and forever!

Lisa that looks like some 'high octane' java this AM. How are 'the kids' and Sydney and Zeva? 

Tig that was serious tree damage. Ah poor rose bushes w/ sprout stems.  Can't beat Willie for road travel tunes. Esp 'On the road again."
"(((AEF)))
Prayers for Texas officer"

{{{Karen}}}pets to Piper

Bazi pretty 'G/N" yesterday

Okay I should be on track---

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Last Edit: August 30, 2024, 09:58:40 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Puff

« Reply #7250 on: August 30, 2024, 10:21:55 AM »

Tecumseh    :'(    :-*

It was nice that he shared his life and sweetness with us and made our lives better.  What a beautiful creation.  Just gave him a hug.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2024, 10:25:28 AM by Puff »

karengramke

« Reply #7251 on: August 30, 2024, 11:58:43 AM »

Sorry about misunderstanding!  I have power!   I was saying , that in the past, I have been without electricity  for weeks at I am not anxious to repeat it!  Reason for a generator now!   I  have never  claimed  a food loss or clean up cost on insurance as my deductible has always been higher than the loss value.
  Has worked on taxes!

Hot today but not  too bad. : any way, sorry for the confusion! 
Thanks for all the wild life reports!  44 years was a life for the golden!  Blessings.

kbshcb

« Reply #7252 on: August 30, 2024, 12:10:59 PM »

tsk - Cottage Grove Mn was determined to be straight line winds, not a tornado.....tons and tons of trees down.

Also, that beautiful Lake Harriet picture was sunrise...

Such a sigh of relief with cooler dew points today...got a long Ollie man walk in this am.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7253 on: August 30, 2024, 12:18:49 PM »

CLYNN   Looks like SF Bay osprey had a good year too.  What a great life Tecumseh had.  44 yrs old.  the Foundation must really be grieving to have an eagle's presence for so long and then not be there.

LISA  That AM coffee looks a bit "fallish" to me .  I'm ready.  ;D

PHYL   Bet you didn't learn anything new from that Bluebird piece  LOL

KB  Lots of damage from straight winds too I guess.  Terrible.
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7254 on: August 30, 2024, 12:19:56 PM »

American Eagle Foundation - It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Tecumseh, our 44-year-old golden eagle. The difficult decision was made to humanely euthanize him after his quality of life declined.

Tecumseh hatched at the Topeka Zoo in Kansas and was shortly thereafter transferred to the Akron Zoo in Ohio. In 1995, Tecumseh’s life took a transformative turn when he was sent to American Eagle Foundation. Here, Tecumseh quickly became a star of the Wings of America Birds of Prey Show at Dollywood Theme Park, captivating audiences with his majestic presence and teaching millions about the importance of conservation.

Tecumseh’s legacy is one of inspiration. Like the great Shawnee leader for whom he was named, Tecumseh was a symbol of courage and strength, embodying the indomitable spirit of both golden eagles and the historic Chief and orator. Tecumseh routinely reminded us that conservation is a unifying goal.
American Eagle Foundation will forever remember Tecumseh’s incredible journey and profound impact. His legacy lives on in the hearts of our staff and our community, all of whom were inspired by his work as an educational ambassador.

Tecumseh's spirit is free to soar the skies. 🙏
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7255 on: August 30, 2024, 12:32:20 PM »

TGIF Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Kb, terrible damage, glad you're okay and you were able to walk with Ollie.

Hi Lisa you and Jeff have a nice Friday! :-*

Karen and Piper, that's good news, you both have a lovely Friday.  :-*

Clynn, Beautiful morning pics....  what a joy it is to see Rosie and Richmond, and their two osprey chicks on their new nest! YAY for a successful season for them!!  :-* ... very sorry for AEF and Dollywood, the passing of Tecumseh after 44 years with them is heartbreaking.

Phyl, cute morning pics!  ;D ... peekaboo says the young turtle in today's nature vid! .. beautiful Eastern Bluebird.... thanks for info on cats...

Whatever you do today, have fun!!!
In Amsterdam!
8)
https://x.com/i/status/1829538282331615314

In Tarbagatay, Kazakhstan
https://x.com/i/status/1829530034174115873

In Capri, Italy
https://x.com/i/status/1829513996749480289

In Hangzhou, China.
https://x.com/i/status/1829551219054092445

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #7256 on: August 30, 2024, 01:24:51 PM »

Lani - Oh my goodness, if that is not the cutest pic!  Thank you, and you and Mike have a good weekend, too.  :)  Love that view from Capri, Italy. 

tsk - I am gearing up for my Fall coffee's, so ready for Fall!  ;D

kb - Wow, was that fallen tree near you?

karen - Phewww, glad to know that you are not without power! 

Phyl - So sad about the cat disease.  LOL, yes high octane java this morning.

tig - Be careful on the road!

clynn - So sad about Tecumseh, but he lived a long eagle life!

kbshcb

« Reply #7257 on: August 30, 2024, 01:32:27 PM »

Lisa - that tree was in Cottage Grove, MN just over the Mississippi river to the east from me.

But we had many like that where I live over the last week with 3-4 rounds of storms.

In the clear for the up coming week......finally!

karengramke

« Reply #7258 on: August 30, 2024, 02:23:49 PM »

Lani, what a darling little bear with its tongue out!  Thanks gfir the smile and the chuckle!

Phyl

« Reply #7259 on: August 30, 2024, 05:43:49 PM »

RIP  Tecumseh  :-* :-*, of American Eagle Foundation -the skies are yours now and forever!

KB Hurrah for the Ollieman--a good walk.   The house  in Cottage Grove survived a real 'close call' . Still alot of tree
left for shade. So glad you're in the clear weather wise.

Tsk Y our spot on with the bluebirds. After 20 years  documenting their nesting I had better have learned a thing or two.  ;) LOL

CLynntks for update on R and R. You keep us well up to date with the BEs.

Lani such a cutie of a cub with it's tongue out.  :-*

Sauces bald eagle cam