Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 545224 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6315 on: July 21, 2024, 03:48:51 PM »

Thanks Bl!  You, the Cam operators and Lisa, brought us the event, atf in living color!    Hope the brunch was as good as the weather!   Looks like a full boat!

The boat trip was awesome😊

BrokenLug

« Reply #6316 on: July 21, 2024, 04:13:16 PM »

ATF peeps on the bow of the La Crosse Queen Paddlewheel boat near Lock and Dam #7 on the Mississippi River.

WI/MN border about 47.2 mile NE of the Hatchery as the BE flies.

Heading upstream at river mile 702.5 right by the lock just before they U-Turned back downstream to the Queen's dock.
I don't think they were able to "lock thru" #7 this trip due to barges in the lock.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/zcw3BE9EN26w7vEY7

It looked like mighty sweet weather for the Captain’s Sunday Brunch cruise.   :)

Images taken from the Great Spirit Bluffs Cliff Cam on 07/21/24. Cliff cam to boat about 4,000 feet or 3/4 of a mile.

I have know Idea who is who, but I think LisaG is just to the left of the port side bow anchor in the 1st image ?   ;D

Do they have Mimosas on the Captain’s Sunday Brunch cruise .. inquiring Saturday late night types want to know ?  LOL  ;)

Yes they do!!

LOL    :)      ;D       8) 

It wouldn't be much of a MS riv paddle wheeler Sunday brunch cruise now would it if they didn't ay' LG ....
« Last Edit: July 21, 2024, 04:19:33 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

karengramke

« Reply #6317 on: July 21, 2024, 05:11:06 PM »

Li sa looks like she is having a great time!  You know if you get the right boat,you can float all the way to .nOLA?   Thought about that once.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6318 on: July 21, 2024, 05:40:39 PM »

LANI   Good thing they have a porch on Iris's nest  ;D

BL  You are great with those maps  :D   That's so cool that the boat is caught in the GSB cam  ;D
Chicagoland

oldguy

« Reply #6319 on: July 21, 2024, 05:58:45 PM »

Hello Beakers

Got back home about 11:30 today - got caught up on my videos and now getting some photos ready to post.

The had with netting worked well on Friday - no see ums were abundant under the trees and in the tent.  https://www.google.com/search?q=no+seeums&rlz=1C1YTUH_enUS937US937&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
On Sat. we had a little breeze and it was not needed as much during the day.  For the meal at the tent - had to eat with it on... ::) so left it in the car - bugs were not bad thou.  The hat I have had for years to keep my ears and nose from sun burn when out side for activities like this, the netting was only $12 from a sporting goods store...  https://bens30.com/products/bens-invisinet-head-net

Photo 1
Dave brought his Gyrfalcon - https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Gyrfalcon/overview#
Photo 2
Kay brought Mr. Decorah as usual, but also a Barn Owl - https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Barn_Owl/overview

Brett and John talked about the Golden Eagle project.
Photo 3
List of eagles captured and transmittered for 2024 - all were found within about 40 miles of each other.
Photo 4
Map of their movements up to last week.  Green line is travel path and red lines in their hunting movements.  Some days they traveled up to 100 miles.  The surprise to them was that one went to the Yukon and another to the Hudson Straight - all previous releases went to the north shore of Nunavut.  There has not been any research on they eating habits in the far north, as it is almost impossible to get there.  But it is thought that they do not eat fish.

I will post more as I get them edited...

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

BrokenLug

« Reply #6320 on: July 21, 2024, 06:34:28 PM »

U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #6321 on: July 21, 2024, 06:38:51 PM »

Low and slow at the hacienda this weekend we've been as Pip has some sort of hip injury that our Orthopedic Surgeon Dr. Joe is evaluating.

Our Doctor. Joe the Joint has been on retainer since he & I went through grade & high School together.

We have laughed together several times as he and his wife are quite the trekkers in their own right.

We have occasionally crossed paths on our blue marble outings.   

We took 2 very different paths in life yet in the end we'll end up at the very same trail junction.

Pip and I keep bringing him ugly joint imagery and he keeps telling us to cut down on the downhill slope angle and that we're ruining his great work.

And then we smoke cigars dipped in fine brandy and just lament that joints were made to used.

She wanted to go to the Catskill cabin and ride the quads this weekend.
I won't be walking was the justification.

I'm no doctor but I have just enough wilderness medicine experience to make me dangerous.
I can tell well enough from the grimacing when it's time to take a break.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2024, 06:50:38 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Puff

« Reply #6322 on: July 21, 2024, 06:51:04 PM »

Pic of some of the ATF attendees by the retention pond at the hatchery this AM from the "Pavilion Cam".

About 9:45 AM CDT. 

Everybirdy wave and say EAGLES.    ;)   :D

Bummer - I had made it there on the 18th.  Didn't even know anything about the taking of the pics,
and I'm not sure why all were concerned about me getting there.  I've made the drive about 10 times now.  All was fine.  Both me and hot rod ready for another trip.  Let's see more of you next year? Super weather this year.  BTW this is sent from home PC which means I made it back home, too.  Nice time was had by all.

P

kbshcb

« Reply #6323 on: July 21, 2024, 07:57:03 PM »

Thanks Bl!  You, the Cam operators and Lisa, brought us the event, atf in living color!    Hope the brunch was as good as the weather!   Looks like a full boat!

The boat trip was awesome😊

Was the river obviously higher than last year?

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6324 on: July 21, 2024, 10:12:43 PM »

https://x.com/i/status/1814515802151756162

Lani, I love that video, and the still pic. He doesn't need any help from the Wizard of Oz. Courage.  :-* :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6325 on: July 21, 2024, 10:52:49 PM »

BL, oh, I hate that for Pip. Ouch!! Those downhills are "h" "e" double hockeysticks!!  All rest, and sending wishes for good recuperation and recovery.

OG, great pics! Thanks!

Puff, I wasn't worried about you getting there.  ::)  I was just glad you arrived safely. Same for your return home. i appreciate the same from others when I travel. Sleep well.

Lani, glad the A/C is humming along at your house now!!

TSK, I think you asked, maybe - a couple days ago... I like my refrigerator. I call it a good refrigerator if it works, and it does.  ;) Glad to hear Tim's daughter-in-law is doing well. Continued prayers for her.

Lisa, glad the boat float brunch was good!

I hope everyone having aches and pains rests up and feels better soon.

Good Night, All. Peace.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2024, 10:56:07 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6326 on: July 22, 2024, 12:33:02 AM »

BL, Great job finding the boat on the cam, thanks for the ATF pics! Looks like a beautiful day and a fun one for everyone... I hope Pip feels better soon, with lots of rest, rehab and TLC.

Oldguy, great pics, beautiful Gryfalcon and owl...Too bad about the bugs, lots of noseeums here too. They seem to like Aly.  :(

SED Tsk, Baz, Karen, KB  :)

Good night from Puffin land!

Millie and Ama  :-*

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn's sister Cathy, Aunt June, Aunt Linda and Mom, Clynn and Ed, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 12:34:53 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6327 on: July 22, 2024, 06:18:47 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...!

Currently: 72F partly sunny , High  85F more rain,  with  Low 71F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

So glad our ATF gang has returned safely from Decorah .  :)

Oh CLynn ?

Okay. Think this  will make me caught up---
Lani tks and enjoyed the updates/snaps from Toucan Ranch, Hellgate and Puffin Island, everyone looks great.; 'Brother Whiskers' is cute/perfect nick name too; 'Good Night' from Puffin Land--lovely sunset  ;)

Lisa  how was the boat brunch?; couldn't find you in the paddle boat snaps  :( ; bet Bandit/Misty /Jeff glad to have you back  ;)

OG many tks for full report on ATF activities /links, Mr. Decorah  :-*, tks for track lists and all; looking forward to the other info---
kinda brings some of the ATF home to the rest of us; awesome Gryfalcon and owl.

TSK LOL 'Jimmy'

Tig glad you'r dong better; interesting   story about Eowyn tks.

Puff  It's not  your competency driving that concerned me---it was the lack thereof in other drivers, etc., etc.;   happy you arrived and returned  safely

BL  sorry to hear about Pip's hip, hope Dr. Joe can figure it out--yikes you too ?! sending prayers get well soon   ;tks for maps; cool the boat was on cam feed

Prayers for:  The family of Corey Comperatore and all those injured on July13, 2024 Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2024, 06:37:01 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6329 on: July 22, 2024, 07:09:45 AM »

BL   (((PIP)))    You know your stuff and have a good doc.  A little break will give time to plan the next foray  ;) ;) ;)  Getting older isn't for the young at heart!  I remember when my Washington State friend and I did Banff and Jasper.  Two days left and I self diagnosed a patellar tendonitis.  Stiffed kneed the rest of the hiking!!  Healed when I got home.  LOL

OLDGUY   Thanks for the pics.  So very interesting about the golden eagle study!   I think John made a smart move in getting involved with that project.

PUFF  Good to hear you enjoyed yourself and home safely.

PHYL  Creative fruit and veggie pics  :)

CLYNN  Waiting to hear how your aunts and sister are...How was the boat ride?
Chicagoland