Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 544966 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6285 on: July 20, 2024, 07:00:02 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING

PHYL    That is the coolest link to bird anatomy.  :)   It's magic  LOL   Awww  Sweet fawns.

LISA  Now you've done it.  A pic of OG in the hat  LOLOL

BL   ;D

BAZI   I had forgotten how tiny sweet Punkin was.  She is such a miracle.  Baby Bro cracks me up.  Such a beautiful family.  Outdoors - a lost art for many, sadly.   So happy us kids were raised in the good ole days when the outdoors was the only way!

LANI  Yay that mother nature cooled you off for a bit.  Funny about Sadie  LOL 
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #6286 on: July 20, 2024, 07:33:39 AM »

https://scienceblog.com/546181/your-therapist-wants-you-to-go-outside/

speaking of nature!...short article and just close the pop ups.  But, they also include gardening......

https://scitechdaily.com/critical-public-health-threat-deadly-fungus-discovered-in-commercial-soil-compost-and-flower-bulbs/

Recommend wearing an N95 mask with purchased soil and bulbs for immune compromised folks and other conditions...well...poop.

Morning all..heading out with Ollie soon the temps and humidity increasing fast.

and Oh poop: I noticed my severe alcoholic neighbor's huge ash tree (never treated) has a huge limb broken or rather bent and hanging precariously over my beloved roses, fence, cable wire etc..he may not even know. But will need to be taken off before our next wind storm or I won't feel safe gardening up on my terrace and concerned about Ollie as well as he can get up there even with my attempts to prevent him.

Will have to call the city forester Monday and ask for his help....I haven't spoken with him in over a decade and he therefore leaves me alone. Any break in that on my part would open up the peeping, harrassing, and other bad behaviors....argg.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6287 on: July 20, 2024, 07:51:02 AM »

Zzzz
Yeah, neighbors woke me at 3:30... Outside screaming, again. Somebody, not me, called the police and 4 squads arrived. Unknown outcome. Quiet since.
Zzz
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6288 on: July 20, 2024, 11:25:14 AM »

It's Caturday Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Hi Beakers, lots to do before AC guys arrive at noon.
Have a great Caturday, I'll be back! Stay safe and Cool!!  8)

Iris and Finn's kids are growing, flapping their wings, learning how to be independent without their parents. Even vocalizing for food or their parents!  ;D
7/20 While Iris was out selecting nesting material, Elder practiced with his wings. Soon the nest will host both chicks getting a lot of wing practice and Iris will view from the perch.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

karengramke

« Reply #6289 on: July 20, 2024, 01:10:29 PM »

Lisa, see if you can get OG to organize a Saturday night card game! 

Go not remember if clynn is due home today or tomorrow!  Safe travels either way!

Lani, glad you will have ac this afternoon!   Sadie is so funny!   She has a great memory for th good times, good friends  and fun!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6290 on: July 20, 2024, 03:36:21 PM »

TIG  Ouch,   Happened to us a couple years ago.  All of a sudden police came - neighbor said later, to me,he had called them.

LANI   Seems like osprey grow a lot faster than eagles  LOL  Enjoy your A/C tonight

KAREN   I have that CLYNN is coming home tomorrow...Don't bet any money on my accuracy/memory  LOL

First time we have seen this - Baby squirrel finding the hummer feeder.  Yesterday Tim saw it sitting on the flower  LOL

Had Tim's son and wife and grandson here today and B&T joined us for lunch and catchup time.  ;D
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6291 on: July 20, 2024, 07:17:07 PM »

We have thunder storms right now.  :)   78F partly cloudy w/ rain but feels like 82F

Baz  Lil' Punkin has an infectious smile  ;)

Yes KB being out of doors is very 'healing' to humans as is the color green.

TSk LOL feline massage therapist; Oh-O...squirrels drinking the hummer nectar  :o ; I was thinking it was time for CLynn/Kelsey to return home.
TIG  :( :( so sorry you had a late night/early AM disturbance  hope tonight's better

Lani  Hurrah! You have your central  air working !     You'll sleep much better tonight !many tks for the update on Hellgate family--kids are looking good

« Last Edit: July 20, 2024, 07:34:37 PM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6292 on: July 20, 2024, 07:17:27 PM »

Good Night Everyone...    sleep well.   

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #6293 on: July 20, 2024, 07:30:17 PM »

Thanks Tsk. I was not sure!   I am sure you are correct!
Lisa has posted a two dozen photos on Facebook!  Great pictures and I think I can identify a few of the folks  but not sure of others!   Mr. decorah looks great! 
Tsk your yard looks very lush!  Cute baby squirrel!  I was almost over run with them but the population has decreased since my new neighbors cut down  most of their trees!   Hope your luncheon and gab fest was a success!

Phyl, enjoy the evening!  We had rain but very little!    Lots of thunder one day this past week but,, not a drop to drink as they say!
Seds
« Last Edit: July 21, 2024, 04:37:24 AM by karengramke »

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6294 on: July 20, 2024, 08:12:47 PM »

Howdy Beakers!

Lisa, have you posted any ATF pics yet anywhere that is not private member viewing only, by chance? On Forum or otherwise? I don't have access to any private parts of FB. TSK must've seen a pic of OG in the "fashion hat."  ;)

TSK, you didn't say where you saw the pic of OG in his new hat. Did I miss it somewhere here? What a sweet little baby squirrel. Don't guess he can actually get to the nectar, so wonder why he's going there more than one time, if he has. Wishful, maybe.  :D His Mommy must've told him to climb up to anything hanging in the yard, in hopes of finding something yummy to eat. Nectar isn't going to siphon out of that feeder into his mouth on its own. You need to give him a straw. LOL. Great picture!! You had the whole gang there vsiting today! Fun! Have you watched any of the British Open? I only caught a few minutes of it today.

Phyl, there you go talking about Chinese food again. LOL. Making me want some so bad! How did you know Lani's A/C was fixed already? Last I saw, she said the repairman was coming at noon. Did I miss a later report from her? I sure do hope it's working by now!

Lani, what an expensive A/C repair!! Wow! I don't know about that - my A/C definitely is too old to have that kind of equipment. It's holding up so far, but any day could be it's last, so I don't like to talk about it - don't want to jinx it. I hope you and Aly and Mike and S&D and M&N are stretched out lolling in the icy air now!!

Sorry for those who have difficult neighbor situations. I am so lucky in that department... knock on wood. Have had some doozies in the past though, and it could change on a dime. Fingers crossed!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 08:49:07 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LisaG1967

« Reply #6295 on: July 20, 2024, 08:29:42 PM »

Good Evening Beakers

baz - I have posted them on Facebook, but let me see if I can change to view public and you can view them. Let me know if you can view them from the link and click thru them.
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10233749925355761&set=pcb.10233749935316010

Here is a pic of oldguy in his stylish hat  :D

karen - Mr Decorah did look good. 

Phyl - Be safe with the thunderstorms.

tsk - How is Tim's sons wife doing?

Lani - Hope your AC is fixed. 

Good night, everyone  :)

baziunc

« Reply #6296 on: July 20, 2024, 08:48:47 PM »

Have a Good Night, Beakers.

I haven't eaten since breakfast. I've been busy all day doing things I didn't know I was going to need to do. Now I am sooo hungry, and it's late in my time zone!  ::)  Going  to head to the kitchen now and see what I can scare up on short notice.

SED, All. Peace.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #6297 on: July 20, 2024, 08:56:18 PM »

Good Evening Beakers

baz - I have posted them on Facebook, but let me see if I can change to view public and you can view them. Let me know if you can view them from the link and click thru them.
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10233749925355761&set=pcb.10233749935316010

Here is a pic of oldguy in his stylish hat  :D

Good night, everyone  :)

Lisa, thanks!!  :-*  Your link to the FB pics works! You have a lot of great pictures!! I see some people I recognize! Aww... look at all the different pretty, sweet, and awesome rehab/educational raptors.  :-* :-*  That pic of Oldguy in the fashion hat is an instant classic!!

Oldguy, you're rocking your fashion hat!!  :D

Have a good night.  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6298 on: July 21, 2024, 12:28:36 AM »

Hi Oldguy! Great to see you, love the hat!!  ;D

Lisa, great Decorah pics! Loved seeing Mr Decorah.  :-*... the geese "bottom up!"  ;D

Kb, being outside is always healing for me.  :)

Tig, sorry about the neighbors. I hope it's quiet tonight!

Tsk, Karen, Baz, Phyl, and All, Enjoying the AC tonight! Especially, when the day temp was 101 and humid!  ;D

Tsk, love the baby squirrel visiting your feeder while you're enjoying TLC family time.

Phyl, Milo and Norman do not like the tube cat treats. I had to give them away.

SED Baz, Eat, Drink and be Merry with Zippo! Sleep well....  ;D

Good night!

https://x.com/i/status/1814515802151756162

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn's sister Cathy, Aunt June, Aunt Linda and Mom, Clynn and Ed, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

karengramke

« Reply #6299 on: July 21, 2024, 04:58:00 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!   Have no idea why Piper and I are up at this dark hour!  Wow!   Had a little less than 5 hours of sleep!   Temp is 78 and humidity is 95%!  Rain expected at 4 pm!  We will see how much lands on this patch of earth! 
Safe travels to Clynn and Kelsey Today!
OldGuy, as .Baz said you were definitely  rocking that fashion hat!   Hope it did the job!
Lani, fantastic on the ac fix!  Some big kitty in your good night post!   Do not know how you and Sadie get up so early to walk!
Going for a second cup!
Lisa, your pictures are very good!