Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 506674 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6060 on: July 11, 2024, 05:58:03 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Munchkin Day:

Lani, you had a busy, and I am sure, happy, happy day yesterday! And hope another one today!

oldguy, we had a couple of short downpours. I looked at the weather channel once, no rain on the radar and 17% chance in the forecast. And it was coming down good for a few minutes.

baz, so sad to hear about sweet Etta, my heart feels the pain all who love her are feeling. It's never easy...

karen, I would write the Aunt who didn't keep an eye on the house out of my will, for sure!

kb, ugh, those pigs.  :o

Lisa, another beautiful bouquet!

Hellgate - Iris shielding the kids from the sun and heat!

Decorah North - Dad North and the kids!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6061 on: July 11, 2024, 06:17:17 AM »

Good Morning Everyone!

Currently: 67F  sunny , High  84F   sunny,  with  Low 62F

{{{Baz}}} done nothing but think of{{{ Etta, your sister}}} and you last night and today. Sending love and purrs--- :-*

Lani a slothful  'good night'

KB   can just see you in that visor  ;) ; lovely does and sandhills

CLynn cute Munchkins and a fulfilled day for y'all I'm sure-everyone looks good and happy.--; tks for the Hellgate and DNN nests updates ----

Prayers for:  The Beakroom and Cheers.; Bazi’s Etta , Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. 
 'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere .

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #6062 on: July 11, 2024, 06:18:53 AM »

Adorable owl ---going for a run

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/8pv5KAL1Bu0

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #6063 on: July 11, 2024, 06:23:38 AM »

Activity in Mississippi River Flyway, on the ol' snag this morning with a eagle and 'those' ring billed (?) gulls. LOL

Camera Time: Jul 11, 2024 6:18 AM CDT

#istandwithisrael

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6064 on: July 11, 2024, 06:28:59 AM »

GOOD MORNING

KB  Cool nature shot  ;D

CLYNN  Clever use of pine cones  ;)    Toothless Bella smile- so cute  ;D   Too hot and rainy to be outdoors again.. :(

PHYL  Sprinklers were the only way we had to stay cool.  We had the oscillating ones  ;D   " Hole foods"  LOL
  "Forbidden love"   ;D ;D ;D     Love the way eagles and owls walk/run  :)  Looks like the flyway lounge may be full.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #6065 on: July 11, 2024, 07:13:02 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

kb - LOL

tsk - Menu looks delicious at Cefalu.  We are definitely cooler this morning, 78° but feels like 81° and winds at 11mph.  Mmm, Cookie Dough ice cream, yum!

oldguy - Thanks for the Q-Kids video!

((Baz)) - I am so very sorry to hear about Etta!  Hugs and prayers to your sister!

Phyl - Thank you!  Remember doing both of those things when I was a child.  ;D

Lani - Sweet good night pic.  Hope you are having a great time with Aly. 

clynn - Looks like a fun day with the munchkins.   :D  Great pic of Iris shielding the lil ones from the heat. 

Puff

« Reply #6066 on: July 11, 2024, 07:37:32 AM »

Adorable owl ---going for a run

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/8pv5KAL1Bu0

My first reaction - What an absolutely beautiful owl!

The trot is a combination wobble.

P

kbshcb

« Reply #6067 on: July 11, 2024, 08:43:07 AM »

Ugg, power out....for the next 3 hours...it's blazing hot.

First thought?..they are laying more internet fiber down the block....can't these people capable of not cutting things?..like gas lines, other cable, electricity....Nope

I'm using my cell phone data plan at the moment....won't for long.

Not to mention our grid...they keep building multi family housing everywhere without concern for how much electricity is needed..pack and stack ya know
« Last Edit: July 11, 2024, 09:16:15 AM by kbshcb »

kbshcb

« Reply #6068 on: July 11, 2024, 09:54:02 AM »

New update..estimated return to power now at 3:15!.....ugg...guess I won't go grocery shopping today. No food in the house....I'll have dinner delivered...house shut up. no opening freezer etc.

LisaG1967

« Reply #6069 on: July 11, 2024, 10:22:26 AM »

kb - So sorry about the power being out!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6070 on: July 11, 2024, 12:11:02 PM »

Hi Beakers.

Well, this has been one of the weirdest days I've had in a while. I've been waiting for Rod Serling to step out of the shadows and pronounce, "You just crossed over into The Twilight Zone!"   ::)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y   ::)

::) :P

Baz, I felt like this these past few days.  :P
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6071 on: July 11, 2024, 12:28:39 PM »

KB   Good day to order out.  Hope it doesn't get too hot inside.

Running errands all morning - periodic drizzle.

We found a wasp" hornet" nest over our very high window over the front door. :o  Guy will be coming next Wed.
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6072 on: July 11, 2024, 12:56:04 PM »

Royal Albatross update

Weighing Update: (10.20 am)

Top Flat chick is 168 days old and weighs 8.6 kg. There was no weighing last week and this is nearly a 1 kg decrease in weight from the 25th of June when he was 9.5 kg. His parents came in frequently during the end of June but there has been a bit of a lull in feedings for Top Flat chick during July. A recheck of his weight will occur next Tuesday. There may be potential for supplementary feeding if there have been no significant gains by then.

https://www.doc.govt.nz/nat...

Top Flat Track chick is 160 days old and weighs 10 kg. There was no weighing last week, the weight on the 25th of June was 10.4 kg. Even with a 400g drop in weight Top Flat Track chick is still above the average weight for a male of his age. BOK is a larger female than LGL so we would not expect both chicks to be the same size.

Top Flat chick has moved away from the nest and is spending much time on the right side of the cam view. This is not so far away that his parents cannot find him when they come into feed. Chicks often move away from the nest at this stage. He has moved to the lower right of TFT chick.

Alphanumeric bands are being placed on many chicks early this season as the chicks become more mobile and shift locations. This will ensure that records are kept accurate, and no misidentification can occur. Top Flat chick was banded this morning as E24, and Top Flat Track was banded as E25.

The stainless-steel bands will be placed on the chicks early August.

Royal Albatross ~ TFT Skycalls LGL's Arrival ♫ 😂 LGL Feeds Her Hungry TF ♥ 7.11.24
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/6ca0a338437fdf6100de5c907b4809a040425e8131177cbac45b6861fcbbae52.jpg?w=800&h=475

Jul 11, 2024  #TAIAROA #royalcam #albatross
Today must be the day for skycalls for the chicks! Both boys were sleeping when they awoke to LGL flying in and landing just below Top Flat. TFT immediately does a skycall greeting and TF begins to whee! LGL walks up to where TF has been hanging out lately. TF begins to beg LGL for his supper - LGL wants to head towards her nest but decides to feed TF in this location.

TF must be quite hungry today -he is incessantly bill tapping Mom to open up & feed him. It is the bill tapping by the chick that actually stimulates the parent to begin the regurgitation process! LGL feeds her chick and then she walks to the right like she was leaving, turns around and comes back - heading to her nest to fix it up. TF has not been on his nest for several days now - he is too busy exploring the track around his nest.

LGL then decides to try and top off one more mouthful for TF before she departs to the right and down the track. It was nice to see LGL today and LGK the other day coming in to feed TF. WYL came in today to feed TFT (he did clack at TF for begging). Thank you for watching!

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk

It's obvious TF chick needs more food, poor boy. He's so hungry. I wouldn't be surprised if the rangers give him his first supplement feeding.

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Kb, awww glad to see the Texas Trooper rescuing the old dog during the storm on the busy road. I hope they were able to find his owners. He looks like an older pup... The Hawk and wooden mallard. LOL!!  ;D ... gorgeous Elk Bull... sorry about the power.  :(

Clynn, such sad news about the loss of one of the Dunrovin chicks  :'( ... My heart soars everytime I watch Iris and her chicks. It's still an amazing sight to see. A new mate and two babies for her, she doesn't have to get her own fish. Chicks have full tummies and Iris's devotion.... And like their mama the chicks watch the train go by.  :-*... Harley is being a good older bro  :-* ... I've thrown out a few fruit seeds myself throughout the years. I still do that with apples... 4-legged tree is very cool... Yesterday's mornings pics were darling... love DN parent with eaglets.... OMG in Montana! The aunt may be on the "no longer on speaking terms" list! I followed up on the story. Looks like it's not going to be an easy fix.  :o  too bad! LOL!! ... great pics of the ever-growing up Munchkins!!! Hi Kelsey!!  ;D ... sweet Iris being a great Mombrella over her chicks.  :-*

Tsk, our cat Milo is especially put out that Dewey is visiting... constantly giving Dewey owl eyes of disgust.... wonderful food at the Cefalu and a new friend too. .. B&J's cookie Dough  :-* ... oh no, wasp hornet nest! Glad someone is able to come and help you with it.  :-\

karen, Sadie is sleeping with Dewey at night, and then she tiptoes into our bedroom around 5am. She thinks if she slips in on her bed I didn't notice she was gone all night. LOL!

Phyl, great RRP news on the Trempealeau and DN eaglets. ;D ... interesting history of heat temps... Yesterday's Flyaway Sunrise pic was gorgeous! ... Higher and Higher was my motto on the school swings. Yep, lots of playing in the sprinklers if we couldn't make it to the beach till the weekend... in Hawaii, if you wear socks with your sandals they call you "shark bait."   8)
Hole Foods... Love the gator's new purse. LOL!! ... darling owl... another great Flyaway pic today!

BL, thanks for Elton John, it's been awhile.

Oldguy, what great news and fun for the QT family to perform at Dollywood!! Bellamy did a great job!!  ;D

{{{Tig, Puff}}}

Lisa, yes, we're having a great time with Aly and Dewey. She's driving me to the valley tomorrow for my haircut and she's going to buy fresh sushi from Sprouts for our lunch! I am so hungry for that. When I'm with Mike we get In and Out Burgers.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6073 on: July 11, 2024, 01:58:52 PM »

You saw the egg, this is the caterpillar
Chicagoland

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6074 on: July 11, 2024, 02:04:03 PM »

LANI   Thanks for that complete Albie report.  It pays to be a little overweight in the beginning  ;)   LOL  Shark bait - socks with sandals
Chicagoland