Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 410010 times)

BrokenLug

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6090 on: July 11, 2024, 11:28:16 PM »

Beryl the beast good riddance to u. 

You were most unkind sir your presence & low pressure is not welcome here anymore. 

Opens my east coast hurricane watching SE eyeballs big time.

The single most important safety device I own is my brain and I trust it.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2024, 11:57:50 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #6091 on: July 11, 2024, 11:37:23 PM »

It's like a shot across the bow  8)
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Last Edit: July 12, 2024, 12:41:23 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6093 on: July 12, 2024, 12:59:32 AM »

{{{Baz}}} Sweet photos of Etta, I'm so sorry.  :'(

Tsk, Hard to imagine that tiny caterpillar will transform itself into a beautiful butterfly. :-*
Kb, I hope all is well tonight.

Puff, Beautiful poem, thank you for sharing.

Hi Tig :)

BL, Great night of music!  8)

Good night!   

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn's sister Cathy, Aunt June, Aunt Linda and Mom, Clynn and Ed, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6094 on: July 12, 2024, 05:54:08 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...TGIF and Happy Weekend!

Currently: 72F  sunny , High  94F   sunny,  with  Low 72F

It's all about the cats...big, small and in between

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

BL true about one's brain;  great tunes from ACL and  'the Dude' jeff Bridges

TIG  :)

Lani tks for Hellgate

KB hope all’s well for you

Prayers for:  The Beakroom and Cheers.; Bazi’s Etta , Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. 
 'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere .

« Last Edit: July 12, 2024, 06:10:29 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

Phyl

« Reply #6095 on: July 12, 2024, 06:05:00 AM »

What defines a species? Inside the fierce debate that's rocking biology to its core

The question of what defines a species has vexed scientists across the ages, particularly in conservation, where decisions require a firm understanding of biodiversity.

https://www.livescience.com/animals/what-defines-a-species-inside-the-fierce-debate-thats-rocking-biology-to-its-core#:~:text=Researchers%20have%20since%20established%20definitions,different%20niches%20in%20their%20environment.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6096 on: July 12, 2024, 06:23:45 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, hope you are having a wonderful time with Aly! Awww, Iris watching over her babies... Thank you Finn, for taking care of your family! Great Alby update, they are growing up fast!

Phyl, cute little folk art birds this morning! 66 here now, 89 high today. Love the funnies! Will read the article later, it looks interesting!

baz, such sweet pictures of Miss Etta, we will miss her! It's never easy, I lost Max and Emma both in 2015, they were 15 years old. The memories and time eventually soften the heartache, but never totally.

tsk, thanks for posting the pic of the tiny caterpillar!  Keep us posted!

Hellgate - Oh that Finn! Jenny Powell

Decorah North - The kids playing! - Baiba Gaustina

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqmtypYwTGk
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6097 on: July 12, 2024, 06:59:24 AM »

KB  Maybe OLDGUY has a fix for that leak!!  Can you turn off the main water supply to the outdoors?

TIG   Great idea for using an old freezer that you no longer need.

BAZI  Nice long life full of love for Etta  :-*

LANI  I know - It's a miracle of nature every time and I never tire of it.

PHYL  Sweet colorful AM birdies  :D   Cartoons  ;D ;D ;D  " rabbit ears"   Species study is keeping a lot of scientists busy!  :o

CLYNN  Love the "rock heart".    Tomorrow you and Kelsey leave...Any more updates on either of the aunts and your sister?
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6098 on: July 12, 2024, 07:18:18 AM »

tsk, Aunt Linda gets to go home today, and she has someone staying with her for a while. Cathy is on meds for the pancreatis, they think it may be from something she is taking for something else. I know she takes something for acid reflux but I don't know what else. She is feeling much better. Don't know more about Aunt June yet.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #6099 on: July 12, 2024, 07:23:51 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

We are finally getting rain today.  They say, 1 to 2 inches expected.

((baz)) - Love the pics of Etta.  Sweet memories. 

tsk - Oh no, a hornet's nest..yikes!  Very cool pic of your caterpillar!

Lani - Enjoy your haircut and sushi today!  Thanks for the Royal update.

karen - Hope the people in Texas get their power back soon. 

Phyl - Those croissants needed some butter and jam, huh?  Pretty morning pics. 

kb - Sorry about your spout, and glad that you got your electric back. 

tig - That is a great idea about the gallon jugs in the freezer.  I am going to make up a couple for my stand-up freezer.

BrokenLug - What a path Beryl had!

clynn - Love the painted garden post.  Great pics from Hellgate and DNN.  Hope you and Kelsey have a safe trip to your Mom's!

Puff - Morning  :)

kbshcb

« Reply #6100 on: July 12, 2024, 07:54:06 AM »

tsk - I was wondering. But, I did figure out it's called a vacuum breaker...only on new outdoor spigots and upgraded city code...no wonder huh?...

I've called my recently happy plumber guy already this am. Even though I watched a you tube video on how to do it. not too hard. But, I get a little squeamish around doing plumbing work. This guy is too busy today and tomorrow...he's calling his trusted plumber friend about getting to me today as it's going to be well into the 90's tomorrow and if not fixed I'll have to walk out from the inside with a watering can and do the annuals that way. If not, Jack will fix it next week.

I was unhappy the company that fixed my sewer, and also has a plumbing division replace 2 outdoor spigots and 2 indoor toilets in the past, wasn't even willing to come take a look before I figured out what it was.
In other words, to me they weren't even willing to back up their product or labor.

My new guy has already fixed a laundry faucet and a lower bathroom faucet...I know older homes like mine have lots of plumbing needs.

Yes, I know how to turn the water off inside..it's new and just a handle/valve to move not a turning handle.

Yeah, the power is still on!

Hope excel gets it's act together in Houston for them and for the rest of us in the country, asap.

I need to re-stock my fridge this am and take a stool sample to vet as Ollie still has intermittent diarrhea.

When the s doesn't hit the fan, right?

blschue

« Reply #6101 on: July 12, 2024, 08:51:53 AM »

Good morning.
My grandson got married last month so he is no longer living with me. My granddaughter is having a baby in Sept so I will be a great grandma. This spring I bought a new Coachman Nova RB camper van. I decided the 1991 camper I had wasn't reliable. So I have been busy learning the ins and outs of the Nova.

Phyl

« Reply #6102 on: July 12, 2024, 10:38:27 AM »

CLynn St. Christopher be with you and Kelsey tomorrow as you travel to your mother's--prayers for a safe  fulfilled stay.  Hurrah for A. Linda's
discharge from hospt; more definative info on Cathy , hopefully an  update on A. June
Tks for Hellgate and DNN snaps and updates.

Tsk Arrrrggg! Hornet's nest---got stung by wasp once---OMG! A pain I've never known nor do I want ever again.  >:(

Lisa that's right butter/jam; pretty flowers this AM

Lani hope you day out is nice

Puff :)

Karen hoping folks in  Texas get elect back soon and you/Piper are okay

KB hope the plumber arrives later today; yeah the juice is still on.

Bischue congrats on new DIL and G. grand baby; have fun getting acquainted w/ your new RV and here's to lots of fun/safe  trips

Phyl

« Reply #6103 on: July 12, 2024, 10:43:10 AM »

National Geographic Premium
3 myths about bald eagles you might have thought were true

With its stark white head, dangerous talons, and a wingspan of more than 6.5 feet, the bald eagle cuts a silhouette few other birds in North America can compete with.
And yet, much of what we think we know about this raptor is, well, just plain wrong.
For instance, the bald eagle is not actually the national bird of the United States.

Even though the species, known scientifically as Haliaeetus leucocephalus, has appeared on the Great Seal of the United States since 1782, no president nor congress has ever officially declared the animal the national bird.
Conversely, the bison was designated the national mammal in 2016, and the oak named national tree in 2004.
Of course, none of this has stopped bald eagles from remaining prominent on American currency, military insignia, and every manner of patriotic merchandise.

The good news for bald eagle fans is that, as of last week, there is a bipartisan effort, led by the National Eagle Center and supported by the Midwest Alliance of Sovereign Tribes, to make the bald eagle’s status official.
This famous raptor’s official status isn’t the only fact many people get wrong about the bald eagle.

Screaming eagles
If you’ve ever seen a bald eagle on television or in the movies, there’s a good chance you’ve heard its telltale screech. Except, what you’re hearing is a lie.
“It’s usually a truck commercial or an iconic mountain scene where someone’s clinging to a rock face, and you hear what is supposed to be the sound of a bald eagle,” says Janet Ng, a wildlife biologist for the Canadian Wildlife Service.
“And it sounds really courageous,” she says. “Unfortunately, that’s the call of a red-tailed hawk.”
In reality, the bald eagle’s cry kind of sounds like a giggle, says Ng.

Are bald eagles really bald?
While it may look like bald eagles are lacking in head plumage, don’t worry—they’re actually well-insulated birds.
“They have feathers all the way from their beak to the ends of their legs,” says Ng. “The only bald spots on them are probably their beak and their toes.”
As bald eagles mature, the brown feathers that encircle their heads are replaced with a new batch of stark white feathers. Both male and female bald eagles sport white head feathers as adults.

In fact, the term “bald” here doesn’t actually refer to a lack of plumage, but instead is used in the fashion of the old English term for “white” colorations.
Similarly, you may have heard of horses having “piebald” coloration—which means they are black and white.

Predators unparalleled?
Standing at more than three feet in height and with talons capable of puncturing both skin and scales, there’s no doubt bald eagles are formidable predators.
“They catch a lot of fish,” says Ng, “and they actually catch a lot of ducks, too.”

But hunting its own meals is often a bald eagle’s backup plan.
“Their favorite way to get food is actually just to scavenge,” says Ng.
Sometimes they’re just looking for dead fish washed up on shore, and others make do with scraps from wolves, grizzlies, or hunters.
And if that doesn’t work, bald eagles aren’t above a bit of what scientists call kleptoparasitism—or stealing other predators’ kills. Osprey, which are themselves excellent fishers, often lose their catches to hungry bald eagles, says Ng. 
Of course, none of this should stop you from celebrating bald eagles as the objectively glorious creatures they’ve evolved to be.
But the next time you see one of these birds soar through a scene at the movies, now you can be the one to lean over to a friend and say, “Well, actually…”

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6104 on: July 12, 2024, 11:47:17 AM »

CLYNN   Thanks for the update on Aunt Linda and Cathy.  You will know more about Aunt June when you get there.  Prayers continue.
Doc is weaning me off omeprazole ( acid reflux) which I have been on at least a year as it contributes to my osteoporosis.  I was so comfortable on that drug - Now I guess it is one cup of coffee and decaf if I want more.  Think  I will be told to use Tums as needed. - Will check with him when done with the current prescription.   Never an easy solution..

LISA  You have such pretty coffee cup scenes  :)   Hoorah for your rain.  It is such a relief.

KB  You are doing a great job learning how to do things for yourself or at least figuring out how someone else should be doing them so as not to get cheated.  Kudos!

BISCHUE  Wow  Good to see you .  Congrats " Great grandma to be"  Keep us posted.  I think you will really miss your grandson but you were lucky to have him all that time.  Will he live near to you??    Your Nova Coachman is a beaut!!  You owe it to yourself to upgrade to improved safety and luxury - Congrats  ;D

PHYL   The only thing new to me was the fact that the eagle is NOT officially the national bird of the USA  :o :o

So just finished a 30 min exercise video and had a skimpy breakfast as the girls are meeting at 12:30 at Culvers  LOL  Two b-days to celebrate and I want a shake and a butter burger  LOLOL
Chicagoland