Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 506675 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6045 on: July 10, 2024, 01:43:04 PM »

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/quirks/canada-wild-pigs-spreading-1.7214122

Okay, Canada. I'm tired of your smoke and now this....

Lisa - I did mow and other things before noon. Been inside since....I'm not a masochist, LOL

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6046 on: July 10, 2024, 02:55:32 PM »

CLYNN  OH NO - Can't even imagine the cost of cleanup of that new home... :o :o

LISA  Beautiful flower bouquet.  :D   You've been warmer than us of late.  Today we are at 80 and feels like 88 with a 65% dew point. So not too bad a summer day.

KB  " Who let the pigs out?"' oomph oomph.. ;D

Barb and I just met a friend at a new Sicilian restaurant for lunch( she is Sicilian) about 25 min away.  Cefalu https://www.cefaluseaside.com/
Very nice atmosphere and food very good.  Now Tim wants to go there  LOL
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #6047 on: July 10, 2024, 03:12:53 PM »

Ooooh, Clynn!   How funny!  Do you think they are going to be talking to the aunt?  When the  farmer checked the barn, I guess he didn't notice the open door!   The cows had to be going in and out!  Lolol!  Stanley steamer  would have a new ad!  A job for the disaster recovery folks!    Hysterical!  Nice cafe Tsk and the  pictured entrees look  very good! 

Puff

« Reply #6048 on: July 10, 2024, 04:39:04 PM »

Tsk - I haven't been in the back yet - Did we really have that much?  Maybe later day/tonight.  Was out for lunch with the Dorian Ladies Group today.  Showed 2 copies from last month posted from Deborah Victoria (who is that?),  one of M and 18 and one of D with 17 and 18.  Ladies were awed.

Oh My God - can't even imagine the smell!!!!!!

P
« Last Edit: July 10, 2024, 04:43:12 PM by Puff »

oldguy

« Reply #6049 on: July 10, 2024, 05:07:40 PM »

Hello Beakers

Have some rain moving in at this time - not expecting much... :(  missed out on Beryl

News from the Clark Family... so Bellamy does all the singing for 9-5
Quarantine Kids are playing at DOLLYWOOD!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I14y3REWsIk

Maru shrunk about 10 centimeters when he melted   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CEHsntEmls
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6050 on: July 10, 2024, 05:30:07 PM »

Beakers, it's very sudden and very grim news for Etta. I'm going to share this information now, but please don't make recommendations or ask further questions, because there is no additional helpful information really, and it is very distressful. I'm already in a puddle. Many of you have experienced this kind of sadness, I know. I just want to let you know that she went from seemingly perfectly fine, normal, happy, and purring with her mommy, as you saw in her picture from this past weekend, to suddenly very ill when my sister woke up Monday morning and Etta was nowhere to be found. She finally found Etta curled up and in hiding. Severely ill. Like someone just flipped a switch overnight. No eating or drinking, and obviously very fatigued. Monday she had many hundreds of dollars of labs, as well as kidney and bladder ultrasounds done, along with getting special hydration treatment. Those ultrasounds were normal, and all the extensive lab tests results came back the next day, all normal. But she was extremely ill. So today there were more ultrasounds, and also xrays, of other areas, including chest, abdominal, and intestinal areas. Unfortunately, she has an advanced case of GI lymphoma, affecting the lining of her small intestines and stomach, as well as a large intestinal mass. There are different forms of GI and intestinal lymphoma in cats, some of which can be treated as a chronic illness for up to 2 years on average. But hers is the type that typically doesn't show symptoms till very late in the disease progression. And so it is in her case. It's not treatable or survivable at this point, beyond mere days, and even that would require extreme medication and special liquid feeding, as she has just as suddenly quit eating and drinking. She has quickly become very weak and is staying curled up in protected dark spaces. She is in an awful state. Asking the vet, who knows Etta very well, for her thoughts and additional guidance, has led to the loving, but difficult, decision to let Etta go tomorrow. She was given a large dose of prednisone that will help the inflammation for 24 hours, and she came home. Sweet Etta is now curled up and being comforted by my sister at home. Tomorrow is her 15th birthday.

That's all for now. Good night.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2024, 05:34:48 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6051 on: July 10, 2024, 06:00:43 PM »

Aw, BAZ... No words.... Just gentle hugs

TSK....  Camper and I laughed out loud
KB... we did not get the rain today. I need to go out to water the annuals, but the good news is the grass will be dryer when Camper's son comes to mow tomorrow.

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6052 on: July 10, 2024, 06:10:42 PM »

{{{Baz}}} Thank y ou for the news about {{{Etta}}}---oh mercy what a week for that sweet kitty and her mama.  {{{Etta, your sister}}} and family and you,
of course.  Y'all are in our prayers. I'm so sad---so sorry.

KB that's a handsome stag with an awesome rack.  Reminds me of the stage and his harem that were here when moved in
23 yrs ago. --you wear a brimmed hat?  Those wild pigs ;D

CLYnn colorful garden gate this AM. How was Munchkin Wednesday?  Thanks for Hellgate and DNN updates/snaps   looking good
they are. Funny Montana

TSK those are some tasty  looking ice cream-a-licious sandwiches this AM; LOL wild pigs comment award goes to you ;nice cafe and menu looks/sounds yummy

Lisa pretty nosegay this AM

Karen  you and Piper keep cool

OG glad you missed Beryl; tks for Q-Kids and YouTube--great news playing at DOLLYWOOD for the Harvest Fest on October 6th, 7th and 8th!  ;)

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6053 on: July 10, 2024, 06:14:59 PM »

OLDGUY  Bellamy did a darn good job!!

BAZI   (((((You and your sister and Etta))))) :'( :'( :'(  My heart goes out to you all. :-*
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6054 on: July 10, 2024, 06:22:51 PM »

Prayers for you Bazi, Etta and your sister 

Good Night Everyone... SEDs
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

karengramke

« Reply #6055 on: July 10, 2024, 07:07:52 PM »

(((Baz, Sister, Etta)))

kbshcb

« Reply #6056 on: July 10, 2024, 07:22:58 PM »

Mari Saki photo in Minnesota.

Cranes, deer, racoon, and turtle....all in one shot!

Tig - we had a heavy downpour this afternoon...my gauge only showed 1/4 inch but it may be more as it was coming in sideways.

Phy - I wear a visor not a hat.

Baz - hugs..

oldguy

« Reply #6057 on: July 10, 2024, 08:03:10 PM »

We got some heavy rain this afternoon - .87 in. in 35 minutes
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6058 on: July 11, 2024, 12:11:39 AM »

{{{Baz, Etta and Etta's mom}}} sending prayers.

A busy day for us, I hope everyone's had a good day.  :-*

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn's sister Cathy, Aunt June, Aunt Linda and Mom, Clynn and Ed, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #6059 on: July 11, 2024, 05:53:27 AM »

Feel for you this morning baz  We do give you an abundance of hugs and warm feelings to you and your sis.  Take comfort in knowing she knew your love.  Love and hugs.  Sweet memories forever.

P