Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 533710 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6030 on: July 09, 2024, 05:53:47 PM »

baz, well, now you have to tell us! What has been going on today? I am sure we all remember the intro to the Twilight Zone!  And there was also The Outer Limits!  https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=intro+to+outer+limits&mid=3DC0866D0F2AE35F01A03DC0866D0F2AE35F01A0&FORM=VIRE

Lisa, I think the female cats always rule, at least in my years of experience! Harley was scared of Honey, and it seems Sam is a bit scared of Sophie. Max always let Emma have her way. It's just nature...  Not that the males were really scared, just more wary...

kb, good for that policeman!

tsk, I love how cats just look at when you want them to do something, like move!

National Geographic Nature - When you eat fruit, don't throw seeds and kernels in the trash. Wash and dry them. Put them in a box and put it in the car. When you're on the road, throw them through the window in places where there are no trees.
Nature itself will take care of them. Or throw it out during a walk or bike ride. This practice has been around for centuries in Asian countries. That is why their fruits are now growing everywhere. I would like to add that I have seen a similar phenomenon in Slovenia. While walking through the forest on the slope of the mountain around the city, I was surprised to find apple trees, apricots, plums and pears growing in the forest.  Just pull and eat as much as you want. 

National Geographic Nature - Four legged tree in Cedar Falls, Iowa.
One hundred years ago (1915), John Henning planted 4 linden tree saplings—2 on either side of the walk—leading up to his front door. Mr. Henning, a farmer who had immigrated from Germany as a young man, had moved into town when he retired. With lots of expereince grafting apple trees, he aimed to imitate the archways of lindens he recalled from Berlin. First, the two on the same side of the walk were lashed together and grafted. Then when each pair was tall enough to arch over the walk, he grafted the pairs. Over time, a towering trunk grew from the original four.
The four-legged tree of Cedar Falls has weathered two major setbacks in its long life. Not too many years after Mr. Henning started his project, the front right tree died and a replacement was grafted in. Thus the lesser girth of that trunk.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6031 on: July 09, 2024, 06:15:40 PM »

KB   And the dog was so willing to get in his car.  Nice guy!

BAZI  Perfect intro to your day  :D   So what happened??

KAREN   Agree with you on the absence of Eagles.

CLYNN  Great idea about the seeds.  4 legged tree very cool

Here's to a safe trip for Aly and Dewey and some fun hours catching up.  Mike can even get in on it  ;D
Chicagoland

BrokenLug

« Reply #6032 on: July 09, 2024, 07:10:07 PM »

Just too hot for true outdoor enjoyment in my boot book where here is.

94° F air temp + 74° dew point = 105° F feels like mud.

Weather you can truly wear.

I was cracking up with our big time heat tough Australian cattle dog Kopje with ample water.

Paws on wet morning green grass. 

Daddy 'wag .. wag' lets go back inside for the that ac coolness stuff Ice cubes and Pip and stuff.  :-*

Outback taking moister from the land like a Aborigine right out the window ay boy.

I have moved across some and one needs to be fully prepared for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAKIOlZrLzw
« Last Edit: July 09, 2024, 08:19:35 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

karengramke

« Reply #6033 on: July 09, 2024, 07:35:27 PM »

Bl, thanks for the EJ!

Tsk, loved a triple dip cone as a kid!  Only waffle cones!
Clynn, thanks for the idea!  Could throw seeds in the yard!   Most of the fruit I get is seedless!   Johnny Appleseed!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2024, 07:46:19 PM by karengramke »

kbshcb

« Reply #6034 on: July 09, 2024, 07:53:06 PM »

How hot is it?

It's so hot all I can do is sit around inside and watch videos like this ::) ::)

Hawk's reaction to a wooden mallard

https://x.com/i/status/1810834526219694566

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6035 on: July 10, 2024, 12:19:41 AM »

Hi Beakers! I hope all of you are well and had a good day!
Aly and Dewey are home. Dewey and Sadie was very happy to see each other.
Lots of wagging tails and cries of joy from both! Cats were bored. Aly looks great!
We had an unexpected guests stop by too. They were travelling through Payson on
the way to CA. It's been a long day. Looking forward to catching up with everyone's
news tomorrow.

Till then Good night dear Friends! Sweet Eagle Dreams  :)

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn's sister Cathy, Aunt June, Aunt Linda and Mom, Clynn and Ed, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6036 on: July 10, 2024, 06:03:20 AM »

Everyone...Happy Wednesday!     

Currently: 71F cloudy , High  88F  mostly sunny,  with  Low 68F

It's all about the cats...big, small and in between

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

Lani so glad Ally and Dewey arrived safely; Sadie and Dewey will have lots of fun; lots of 'company' for you w/ guests
stopping by while traveling

TSK never was brave enough to have more than a double scoop waffle cone

CLynn thanks for nests updates and all;  such sad news out of Dunrovin, with youngest chick falling out of nest

Karen  :)

Baz keep cool

Twitter short,  Hawk and wooden mallard duck---'It's not nice to fool Mother Nature. ' Seriously so cute and funny.

Prayers for:  The Beakroom and Cheers.; Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. 
 'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere .

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6037 on: July 10, 2024, 06:14:03 AM »

I snapped this of the Mississippi River Flyway  just now.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

karengramke

« Reply #6038 on: July 10, 2024, 06:41:04 AM »

Good Morning!  Hump Day!  77 degrees with 98% humidity!  Sunny with a possibility of a little rain at 11 am!   High of 90.

Lani,  can just imagine the excitement of Sadie and Dewey!   What fun they will have!  Wish they had longer together!   Enjoy the two weeks!

Terrible fires and flooding in  New
Mexico and very bad fires in the worlds largest wetlands , in Brazil!  Awful devastation both places!  Wildlife  truly suffering death and devastation!
Enough doom!  Piper says, get the day started!   Waiting for  Clynns cheerful morning pictures!

kbshcb

« Reply #6039 on: July 10, 2024, 06:42:05 AM »

My what a big rack you have!....Quebec Canada

Phyl - good one: "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature"

Am going to try and mow my front yard....by 8am...after that, well inside it is mostly.

Happy Wednesday all.

clynndunn

« Reply #6040 on: July 10, 2024, 07:10:34 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Wow, I really overslept this morning!   Probably because my mind knows I have the Munchkins today! Needed more rest!

Lani, so happy to hear that Aly and Dewey are safely at home! Dewey and Sadie will have as much fun as you and Aly, those tails will be wagging non-stop!

kb, very good looking moose! Happy mowing!

Phyl, perfect timing on the Flyway sunrise!  Love the pics this morning, so dainty! 70 now, 85 high today.

BL. and we wonder how those before us managed without A/C! Kopje smart boy! Good music choice!

Hellgate - Sleeping babies... guards watching...

Decorah North - Parent with the kids on their adventures!  Kathy Harrington

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6041 on: July 10, 2024, 07:15:11 AM »

GOOD MORNING

1 1/4" of Beryl rain late yesterday.  YAY

BL   LOL  Even Kopje knows when to call it!!

KB    So interesting to watch that hawk.   So even the texture of the wood and not flesh did not turn it away.  ???  That is one majestic beast!!

LANI  Hope you all had a good night's sleep after that busy day  ;D  I can just picture those tail wags  ;D  " Cats are bored" LOL

PHYL   Cute AM greetings  :)  Another awesome flyway shot.

CLYNN   I overslept as well but you got in before me  LOL   Enjoy munchkin day  :)
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #6042 on: July 10, 2024, 07:31:51 AM »

What the heck - ME TOO!  Almost 2 hours extra.

Maybe the sounds of rain, or maybe the cooler temp, or maybe because the bod says "I need it."   LOL

P

clynndunn

« Reply #6043 on: July 10, 2024, 12:49:07 PM »

It's awful quiet in the Beak, how about something funny!  ::) ::)

MEANWHILE IN MONTANA: A handful of cows found their way into a newly built home and lived in it for a month before being noticed.
The family was moving from Washington. The Aunt was supposed to be checking on the place, but she didn’t. A rancher had filed a report about missing some cattle and even checked their barn, but not the house. They think a bad storm sent them looking for cover. They also think the storm blew a door in or somehow one of the cows nudged one open"

LisaG1967

« Reply #6044 on: July 10, 2024, 12:53:39 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

Late again, but had the dentist today.  I didn't realize I made so many appointments close to leaving for ATF.

tsk - Wow, you got quite a bit of Beryl rain.  Another hot one for us, it's 91° but feels like 103°.  I think the slight breeze is the only thing making it not feel like 103.

clynn - Pretty morning pics full of color. Great pics from Hellgate and DNN.  Have a good day with the munchkins.  :)

kb - Wow, that is a big rack.  Hope you got your mowing done, and are inside and out of the heat. 

karen - You and Piper stay cool. 

Phyl - Pretty morning greetings. 

Lani - Glad to hear that Aly & Dewey arrived safely and Sadie was happy to see Dewey. 

BrokenLug - Glad to hear that even you are staying out of the heat.  Thanks for the tunes...love me some Elton!