Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 409377 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6075 on: July 11, 2024, 03:35:57 PM »

Good afternoon!  Jut checked in on Houston!  Temps
Are 90and above and 1.3 million folks  are still without power s of 11  today!
I cannot even imagine!  Hopefully there is some place with a generator that can hand out a hamburger! The conditions must be unbearable!

Lani, good to see you!
Love the funnies today and  yes, the sprinklers and the swings are great!    I have a sprayer kind of thing that makes sitting  outside in extreme heat very comfortable! 
Clynn, Bella did lose her tooth!
Are you and Kelsey about ready for your trip?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2024, 06:45:00 PM by karengramke »

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6076 on: July 11, 2024, 03:40:31 PM »

TSK never ate 'cookie dough' ice cream--is it tasty? Dad had buried our sprinklers and it's system of connecting hoses in the lawn so all we had to do was turn them on. It was company housing ...Kaiser Steel paid all utilities and repairs. So all we did was turn them on and enjoy.
'Welcome to the world tiny caterpillar'   :-*

Lisa nice latte and croissants where's   butter and jam ?

KB do you have 'the juice' back on? Hope so.

Lani  'Hawaii 'shark bait' socks and sandals   ;D ;   tks for the Royal Albie report being chubby is good when youngster learning to fly;  sounds like a real 'girl day' tomorrow...hope you both really have fun. I miss doing that w/my mom.

{{{Baz and sister}}} 

Prayers for all w/o electricity.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

Puff

« Reply #6077 on: July 11, 2024, 04:03:32 PM »

You saw the egg, this is the caterpillar

Monarch?

P

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6078 on: July 11, 2024, 04:05:10 PM »

Henrietta went peacefully this morning around 11:30. May Etta rest in eternal peace and love. Forever in our hearts.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2024, 07:08:56 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #6079 on: July 11, 2024, 05:08:29 PM »

Thanks to all the Beakers for your kind words of hugs, support, and prayers.

Just 2 more remembrance pics of Henrietta... And then I am calling it a day here.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Puff

« Reply #6080 on: July 11, 2024, 05:44:06 PM »

Found this today. . . Certainly I cried.

https://joltofjoyful.com/mystery-author-of-the-rainbow-bridge-found/

Of course my furry friends were special and are special.  We're so fortunate to have had them share their time with us.

P

« Last Edit: July 11, 2024, 05:46:35 PM by Puff »

Puff

kbshcb

« Reply #6082 on: July 11, 2024, 06:51:19 PM »

Just got the juice on now!...we were looking for a hotel room that took dogs when it came back.

90 outside and got up to 80 in the house...

Mainly we were at our wits end as Excel Energy for the last years has been good about updating estimated time for power coming back. Not this time. Last update from 9am this morning was for 3:15 and nothing further till it came back just now.

That makes it hard to decide what to do or know if one should leave the hot house.

So I complained to the Mayor...did get 2 calls back btw, filed a complaint with the PUC in Minnesota and others.

Excel I tried to call for hours...waited for over 30 minutes and then hung up. Rinse and repeat. Last call just an hour before it came back the woman gave me 3:15 and it was already 5!...The woman said she was in Texas which is their headquarters.

Perhaps with the issues in Texas all crews/notifications/ whatever are down there...Geesh. Power is out everywhere...

Me thinks the freezer food may need to be tossed?...what say you...about 9 plus hours..the ice was clumped and melted. The ice packs were warm...I dunno.

Had food delivered for dinner....

It's still 85 outside and the a/c is "cooking"...

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6083 on: July 11, 2024, 06:59:35 PM »

PUFF   Yes, monarch about a half day out of egg.  What a beautiful piece on the Rainbow Bridge.  A beautiful poem written from a child's heart.  Glad she was found.

BAZI   Awww Love the pics from Etta's picture album esp the first one in 2nd post  How old was Etta - I may have forgotten

KB   I found this. A full freezer will hold a safe temperature for approximately 48 hours (24 hours if it is half full and the door remains closed). Food may be safely refrozen if it still contains ice crystals or is at 40°F (4°C) or below, however, its quality may suffer.Sep 20, 2023
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #6084 on: July 11, 2024, 07:02:41 PM »

PUFF   Yes, monarch about a half day out of egg.  What a beautiful piece on the Rainbow Bridge.  A beautiful poem written from a child's heart.  Glad she was found.

BAZI   Awww Love the pics from Etta's picture album esp the first one in 2nd post  How old was Etta - I may have forgotten

KB   I found this. A full freezer will hold a safe temperature for approximately 48 hours (24 hours if it is half full and the door remains closed). Food may be safely refrozen if it still contains ice crystals or is at 40°F (4°C) or below, however, its quality may suffer.Sep 20, 2023

Thanks, tsk. Yeah I just read the CDC on it. My refrigerator food was in for 9 hours and they say throw after 4...ugg. I just bought and have slightly used condiments...I may try to keep them and just throw the rest in the fridge part..on shelves etc..and in vegie drawers...luckily I did NOT make it to the store for groceries today. I almost went thinking EXCEL would fix even before their estimate....nope not this time

kbshcb

« Reply #6085 on: July 11, 2024, 07:43:17 PM »

And also today, my brand new ( 3rs old) 2021 outdoor spigot is majorly leaking.

The company that put them  on..2 of them, but only one is leaking won't stand by their product/work.

Geesh, the old one lasted more than 25 years!

Someone suggested these new up to code ones have anti siphon thingy's on them. I am thinking that's the part that is gushing..the top round part...

Flowers now need water with our temps esp. this weekend.....

What's new is awful these days....don't replace anything that ain't broke!

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6086 on: July 11, 2024, 07:51:54 PM »

some bounce

After Camper's son cut the grass and his dog chased a rabbit from the yard, we traveled about an hour to an old drive in where classic cars gather on Thursdays. A burger and a malt in the shade.
We keep the Old stand up freezer my parents had in the basement. Talons crossed. It holds gallon milk jugs with ice to use in the fridge upstairs should there be a power outage. It works well.
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

« Reply #6087 on: July 11, 2024, 09:19:42 PM »

TSK, thanks. Etta's 15th birthday was today.

Phyl

« Reply #6088 on: July 11, 2024, 10:40:02 PM »

Bazi oh those sweet photos of Etta.  :-*  Thank you for sharing them with us. I'll miss hearing about      and seeing her.  :'( :'(

Good Night Etta...

Phyl

« Reply #6089 on: July 11, 2024, 10:42:58 PM »

SEDs  Everyone...