Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 599362 times)

oldguy

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5310 on: June 11, 2024, 06:08:23 PM »

Happy Birthday TSK

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Puff

« Reply #5311 on: June 11, 2024, 06:25:55 PM »

Not really a major deviation, just a tweak on my route to Deborah.  Leaving Prairie du Chien I go a bit north west.   Town is Waterville; there are a couple others in Iowa, but this is on the way.  Clynn found the same pic I've been looking at for maybe 3 or 4 years.  Mentioned the caveat before - my hotrod rides low and even has a low hanging spoiler at the front.  Phyl I don't think I'll be able to sail through the ups and downs.   ???  I was talking it through with OG.  He helped with the map and Rte numbers.

BTW tsk The fledge today was a special BD present all the way from Decorah.  But then too, these fledges always have to be around your BD.  Has it ever happened before??

P   

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5312 on: June 11, 2024, 06:44:58 PM »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #5313 on: June 11, 2024, 06:51:14 PM »

Fledge Watch 2024: Cornell Hawks Edition
June 10, 2024

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/cams/fledge-watch-2024-cornell-hawks-edition/

Kestrels Count Down The Days Until Fledging
June 10, 2024

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/cams/kestrels-count-down-the-days-until-fledging/#

Incubation Period Brings Excitement And Challenges For Hellgate Ospreys
June 10, 2024

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/cams/incubation-period-brings-excitement-and-challenges-for-hellgate-ospreys/

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #5314 on: June 11, 2024, 07:02:17 PM »

National Corn on the Cob Day – June 11, 2024
U.S

https://nationaltoday.com/national-corn-on-the-cob-day/

Some call it “corn-stick,” others go with “sweet pole,” but we like to call it amazing — especially when you use those cute plastic corn on the cob handles. National Corn on the Cob Day falls on June 11 — the perfect pre-summer date. (Although, for most home gardens, mid-June is still too early for the harvest.) But you can’t blame anyone for being in a hurry. The sweetness doesn’t hang around for very long. It has to be picked at its freshest, otherwise there’s a risk of — nothing really — it’s just slightly less incredible tasting.

Note: If you plan on doing the picking yourself, there’s a trick to spotting when the corn is ready. During the milk stage, the kernels are still soft, and this is nature’s way of saying “come and get it!” Boil it, steam it, roast it, or grill it —
there’s no wrong or right method as long as it stays on that cob.

King Kamehameha Day – June 11, 2024

https://nationaltoday.com/king-kamehameha-day/

King Kamehameha Day, a pretty big deal in Hawaii, falls on June 11 and celebrates the accomplishments of “Kamehameha the Great.” He’s credited with uniting the Hawaiian Islands in 1810.  A highly revered leader, Kamehameha is honored each year with numerous celebrations across the islands.  Downtown Honolulu hosts one such celebration, where hundreds of leis, at least 30 feet long, are draped over the a 15-foot statue of the celebrated ruler.  Other celebrations include parades, a plethora of floral arrangements and, of course, the traditional Hawaiian hula.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #5315 on: June 11, 2024, 07:05:40 PM »

OG- 'cheesecake'  looks so  yummy. I hope Tsk has left some room for it after tonight's dinner.    ;)

Good Night Everyone...    sleep well.

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5316 on: June 11, 2024, 07:43:39 PM »

LANI   Thanks for the update on the Royals.  Boy 100 days yet til fledge.

LORI  Donut holes - my favorites along with that cute little calico  ;)  Thanks for the b-day wishes.

PHYL  Tim had a vegetable risotto and I had a bolognaise. ( some for dinner tomorrow too) We split a salad.  Barb spoke up and mentioned my b-day so a great cannoli with strawberries for us to split.  ;D ;D   Some pretty interesting June 11th days - corn on the cob and King Kamehameha  ;)

TIG  Turtle coffee  :o :o

OLDGUY  WOW  What a dessert - enough for all of us so everyone enjoy.  ;D   Thanks OLDGUY

PUFF  Fledge on my B-day?  I don't think so and thanks for bringing it to my attention.  It didn't click this AM  ::)
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5317 on: June 11, 2024, 08:51:48 PM »

Just posted on Hellgate! Tears of Joy and prayers soon to be answered !!!  ;D :-*

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #5318 on: June 11, 2024, 11:19:06 PM »

Mama Iris checking on her baby  :-*

I got a pic of the egg tooth!  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2024, 11:30:41 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #5319 on: June 11, 2024, 11:21:44 PM »

Lani- Glad that Mike got started on a Z-pak this afternoon.  Hope he feels better soon!  Thanks for Albies!   Our average temps lately have been 65 deg.

Phyl- Wishing you all the best next week when you see an orthopedic doctor for your hand.

Clynn- Yes I do enjoy the photos of different places that you post every day - yeah, seeing the USA!!

Tsk- Hope you had a beautiful and happy birthday!  Hope you & Tim were able to meet up with Tom & Barb for dinner!!  Yummy - sounds like a delicious dinner was had by all!

LisaG- Just thinking of you!

Lori- Cute birthday greeting for Tsk!

Tig- Yummy breakfast!

Beakers have a good night.

Lani

« Reply #5320 on: June 12, 2024, 12:13:46 AM »

Oldguy, delicious birthday dessert for Tsk!

Phyl, Thanks for update on Red Tail Hawk Fledge Watch amd Hellgate's update .... King Kamehameha Day!  :-*

Tsk, sounds like a delicious birthday dinner with Tim, Barb, and Tom... and yummy cannoli for all to enjoy! I hope you had a lovely day! :-*

SED Eagles  :-*

Good night! It's a very windy night. The nest is rocking. Happy to see Mom Iris finally getting some shut eye!  :-*

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

[/size]

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5321 on: June 12, 2024, 06:32:03 AM »

LANI  Great news at Hellgate.  ;D  Today is a catch up day for me.  LOL

EAGLES  Just think, this time next week you'll be " North to Alaska"  ;D

CLYNN  This is munchkin day for you.  :)
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5322 on: June 12, 2024, 06:37:26 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

I was done with my post and accidentally closed it after previewing, I got so excited because I just saw that the egg at Hellgate has hatched! I don't have time this morning to do it over, I have to go get the Munchkins in a little while and have some things to get done first! I will be back later!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #5323 on: June 12, 2024, 07:05:48 AM »

National Corn on the Cob Day – June 11, 2024
U.S

https://nationaltoday.com/national-corn-on-the-cob-day/

Some call it “corn-stick,” others go with “sweet pole,” but we like to call it amazing — especially when you use those cute plastic corn on the cob handles. National Corn on the Cob Day falls on June 11 — the perfect pre-summer date. (Although, for most home gardens, mid-June is still too early for the harvest.) But you can’t blame anyone for being in a hurry. The sweetness doesn’t hang around for very long. It has to be picked at its freshest, otherwise there’s a risk of — nothing really — it’s just slightly less incredible tasting.

Note: If you plan on doing the picking yourself, there’s a trick to spotting when the corn is ready. During the milk stage, the kernels are still soft, and this is nature’s way of saying “come and get it!” Boil it, steam it, roast it, or grill it —
there’s no wrong or right method as long as it stays on that cob.

Another of my annual yearly ATF traditions - - - On the way home from Fledge I stop at one of the roadside vendors to get a fresh off-the-stalk supply of sweet corn.  Delicious stuff !   Well not last year; crop was a wee bit before peak season, only OK.

AND. . .Just in case you didn't get the word - DN18 did make it back to natal nest last evening about 9 o'clock.  Spent time talking to 17 about the escapade.

P
« Last Edit: June 12, 2024, 07:10:06 AM by Puff »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5324 on: June 12, 2024, 07:23:18 AM »

Bearwalker - Making a movies about Dr Rogers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK6DUNrpvow

CLYNN   Thanks for hatch info!   Did any of those milkweed seeds germinate?
Chicagoland