Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 358294 times)

BrokenLug

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5325 on: June 12, 2024, 08:01:53 AM »

DN 17 just fledged from the North Nest ...    8) 8) 8)

17 and 18 are now both out exploring their green valley.  :)
U. S. A.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5326 on: June 12, 2024, 09:10:53 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...                                                                                                                     

Currently: 70F sunny skies , High  84F  mostly  sunny,  with  Low 60F

The most wonderful news out of Hellgate!    A hatch and a  delight for Iris and Finn. Lucky us too!

Must be catching...I had the same accident this AM and hit the wrong 'button', too. So decided to wait to post.

CLYNN-   Munchkin Day for you and loads of fun. Your coffee looks like a good idea.

TSK-  tks for the link /about the 'Bearwalker' movie on Dr. Lynn Rogers story, interesting; your dinner sounds really good and dessert  and a nice celebration    ;);  I' cant resist a salad so that's the first I spear. LOL

PUFF /  BL- thanks for the news on the adventures of DN 17 and 18--the sky's the limit !  ;)

EAGLES- thanks Doc visit will be extremely interesting

LANI- luv the snap of  Iris on the nest

Prayers for: The Beakroom and Cheers.; Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.  Greenfield, IA;Laken Riley, all those like her and family .
 'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere .

« Last Edit: June 12, 2024, 10:01:21 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #5327 on: June 12, 2024, 09:13:35 AM »

Look what I found...

First Fledging For the 2024 Cornell Red-tailed Hawks as "N2" Takes Flight! June 10, 2024

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnNjX24lwIA

#Istandwith Evan

LisaG1967

« Reply #5328 on: June 12, 2024, 09:14:35 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

BrokenLug - Thanks for the info on DN17, WTG!!

Puff - I did the corn stop my first year at ATF.  I need to remember to do that again this year.  I bought the corn from a lady selling it at a gas station either before or after the Whippy Dip.

clynn - Sorry about your post, but YAY on the hatch at Hellgate!  Have a good day with the munchkins.  :)

tsk - Pretty morning greeting.  Your birthday dinner and dessert sounded wonderful!

Lani - Good pics from Hellgate! 

E4E - Thank you!  :-*  Are you getting excited for your trip?

Phyl - Thanks for corn cob day, and King Kamehameha Day.  Those cups were cute, huh?

tig - Your breakfast yesterday sounded delish!

Lori - Ooo, those donut holes look good!  How have you been???

Be back later, off to the endocrinologist.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5329 on: June 12, 2024, 10:27:26 AM »

BL   Thanks for the Norths update.

PHYL  Remaining Cornell hawk  " Where'd he go????"  LOL  Nothing like getting in a good poop shoot before that first flight  ;) ;)

LISA  Beautifully composed AM photo, :)  Am sure your visit will be on target.
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5330 on: June 12, 2024, 12:48:00 PM »

Just peeked in on Hellgate and found this video posted on X by Cornell:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd2EylsHRRg

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/cams/hellgate-ospreys/

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5331 on: June 12, 2024, 02:08:33 PM »

So many wonderful captures of Iris, Finn and new chick.  :-*
It's been 6 years since Iris has tended to a chick.
Many happy followers of this beautiful Osprey is doing the happy dance today!

Finn feeding Iris.

A great day in Hellgate! Big thanks to the camera op who stayed up all night capturing this amazing footage!

Finn sees his chick for the first time  :-*

Hi Beakers!
I'm moving a bit slow today. I had heat stroke or serious breathing episode on our morning walk.
Thankfully, my walking partner and dogs got me home. My blood pressure is low, and I'm moving slow.
I don't want to leave Mike and the furry pets alone. So, lots of water and rest is on the schedule today.

I may be a bit quiet, but no worries. All will be well. And prayers each of you are well too!  :-*

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5332 on: June 12, 2024, 02:51:32 PM »

CLYNN  Oh my gosh I think Iris missed more that she got in.  She's forgotten how to hit a moving target  LOL  Love the piece on baby's forehead. LOLOL

LANI   You can get easily dehydrated in the kind of weather you are having.  Rest well today and drink drink drink.  Do you have like a Gatorade?  We always keep a few on hand.  Bless your walking partner.
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5333 on: June 12, 2024, 05:58:53 PM »

Heck of a bobble head beaver. We pondered that bow talisman for years.

It grew on us, it's a wingnut.

I just don't know what to say other than the weather here has been most kind.

Pip, Kopje & I finally pulled the pickle ashore just to reflect on it all and enjoy the land.

We've honestly lost count on the bucket mouths?

All most all Catch-N-Release.

Well to tell U the truth there is one that will hang on a Catskill cabin wall above the fireplace for a long time.

No tackle used contained one shread of lead.

Not a single strand of fishing line that was lost that we did not valiantly retrieve.

Many participants of nature joined us vying for and fussing over our presence in their fridge.   ;D

We sincerely don't apologize.

Well maybe a wee bit to that black bear we sprayed .. My Fish, my fire, my dinner .. Big forest that way big guy > >  :-*

BL, tee hee... gotta love that bobblehead beaver figurehead on The Pickle!! ;D  Nice pics! Shoo bear!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Phyl

« Reply #5334 on: June 12, 2024, 06:06:06 PM »

BL- keep those updates coming; tks for  Norths update.

LANI---I've had heat stroke  . A visored  or brimmed hat when the Sun's out helps. As well as good hydration --- water before going out of doors, during and when you're back indoors. Remember, the human body assimilates cool  ( 50–72°F )   water best and more easily then any other liquid  or temperature.  The human body is 50 to 75%% water depending on many factors---
age, gender, body type and hydration levels.  Good idea having a walking buddy and sounds like you have a good one.

CLYNN-tks for the Hellgate update--  6 years since hatchlings and Iris maybe  out of practice  with that moving 'target'...LOL; tks for the updates/snaps You too Lani.

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #5335 on: June 12, 2024, 06:09:53 PM »

BL   Thanks for the Norths update.

PHYL  Remaining Cornell hawk  " Where'd he go????"  LOL  Nothing like getting in a good poop shoot before that first flight  ;) ;)

LISA  Beautifully composed AM photo, :)  Am sure your visit will be on target.

OH yes---N1 was left in the 'dust'.  N2 took off with out a 'See ya' or 'So long."  So cute.

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #5336 on: June 12, 2024, 06:28:13 PM »

Congratulations   Iris  and  Finn...                                          Congratulations  Iris  and  Finn...  

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #5337 on: June 12, 2024, 06:30:02 PM »

Good Night Everyone...    sleep well.

#Istandwith Evan

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5338 on: June 12, 2024, 06:39:26 PM »

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, TSK!!  :D I'm sorry I never made it to The Beak yesterday, and I missed all of your party here!! I hope you had a wonderful day with some great treats and fun surprises!  :)

Enjoy some lemon pound cake with strawberry rhubarb sauce!  :D

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5339 on: June 12, 2024, 06:53:27 PM »

camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)