Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 326835 times)

BrokenLug

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5280 on: June 10, 2024, 10:20:59 PM »

Heck of a bobble head beaver. We pondered that bow talisman for years.

It grew on us, it's a wingnut.

I just don't know what to say other than the weather here has been most kind.

Pip, Kopje & I finally pulled the pickle ashore just to reflect on it all and enjoy the land.

We've honestly lost count on the bucket mouths?

All most all Catch-N-Release.

Well to tell U the truth there is one that will hang on a Catskill cabin wall above the fireplace for a long time.

No tackle used contained one shread of lead.

Not a single strand of fishing line that was lost that we did not valiantly retrieve.

Many participants of nature joined us vying for and fussing over our presence in their fridge.   ;D

We sincerely don't apologize.

Well maybe a wee bit to that black bear we sprayed .. My Fish, my fire, my dinner .. Big forest that way big guy > >  :-*
« Last Edit: June 11, 2024, 12:00:25 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

kbshcb

« Reply #5281 on: June 10, 2024, 10:47:23 PM »

Nice "ship" you got there BL!...

The Canadian owned freighter that hit something under water in Lake Superior was 35 miles south of Lake Royale when it took on water....safely made it to Thunder Bay MN.

Still haven't reported what they might have hit in the deep waters of Lake Superior....and, I'm still curious.

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #5282 on: June 10, 2024, 10:53:35 PM »

Lani- How is Mike today?    Loved seeing Doris Day!  She did so much for animals too.    Just read that you told Clynn that you guys are better today.  I'm happy to hear that!

Phyl- Nice temp in TN!  Love the nest of the Cane Ridge Bluebirds!   Love the picture of Doris Day!!  Thank you!!

Clynn- Thanks for Hellgate pic!   Love the pics and the little story of Flathead Lake in Montana - absolutely amazing - didn't know about that special place!

Karen- You have lots going on.  Hope you ended up having a better day. {{Karen}}

Tsk- Wow- the Cicada in your sweatshirt! ::)   Hope you have a good visit to the eye doc tomorrow!

Baz- Take care with the exercises you will be doing.

LisaG- Take your time in catching up in the Beak. :)

BL; Pickle rides again!  Like reading about you, Pips, Kopje's adventures! :)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5283 on: June 10, 2024, 11:21:07 PM »

Good Night Everyone...    sleep well.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5284 on: June 11, 2024, 12:29:33 AM »

{{{Baz}}} glad you're done with OT for your hand, sending prayers for strong body/mind connection..... Can't stop humming "Shuffle off to Buffalo" !!! I'm a classic movie fan, 42nd Street was a great 1933 movie!    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMdEqB-TB8g&list=RDEMoyvdCBrmo44TAM5z0ITDHQ&start_radio=1&rv=pBmGCn81Qc8

Karen, glad you had a good pt.... no shuffling to Buffalo  at any time.... mirror at an angle is just a thought  ;D ... oh, my, what a small world it is to see someone from the home to do the OT evaluation!  :o

Tsk, Mike called his valley doctor this morning, he ordered a z-pak for Mike. We get our prescription at Safeway.... So he started on that this afternoon, hopefully, he'll feel better tomorrow. What a fun time with the girls! You took a lot of trips without having to travel and enjoyed a delicious dessert at the same time!

Hi Lisa Pretty pics of HD/HM in Decorah thread.  ;D

Tig, thanks for the Key Bridge update.

BL, The Pickle rides again!  ;D ... enjoyed reading about your adventures, I'm sure the bear will remember.

Hi Kb, Puff  :)

Eagles,  Mike's doctor started him on a z-pak this afternoon. So hopefully, he'll have a better night's sleep.

SED Phyl  :)

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #5285 on: June 11, 2024, 06:01:45 AM »

Good Morning Everyone !   

Currently: 55F sunny, High  79F sunny,  Low 52F

Yesterday, made a call to he referral PCP gave me. So,  I  have an appt with an orthopedic hand surgeon  next Wednesday to discuss options.

Hi Eagles  :)

Lani tks for the Royal Albie report, TF looking great.
Glad to hear that everyone is  doing well and Mike has meds

Karen glad PT went well; small world it is

TSK fun time with 'the girls' you had

BL that bobbled headed beaver commands the pickle on another voyage!
[/size]

Dina, Sauces nest Channel Islands, California   5-19-21

Prayers for: The Beakroom and Cheers.; Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.  Greenfield, IA;Laken Riley, all those like her and family .
 'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere .

« Last Edit: June 11, 2024, 11:35:34 AM by Phyl »

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #5286 on: June 11, 2024, 06:03:23 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

June 10, 2024: DN18 branches!
 June 10, 2024  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/06/10/june-10-2024-dn18-branches/

« Last Edit: June 11, 2024, 06:22:26 AM by Phyl »

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

#Istandwith Evan

LisaG1967

« Reply #5288 on: June 11, 2024, 06:19:30 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, tsk!!!!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5289 on: June 11, 2024, 06:31:05 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, D18 has branched! Thanks for Amy's Blog!  Soon D18 will join D17 in the sky, a good year for the North Nest! Ugh on those micro plastics... Glad to hear you got an appointment for your hand, hope there are good options!

Lani, good to hear that Mike got some meds, hoping he is already feeling better today. And hope he can stay and work from home for a while, he will get better faster under your care! Thanks again for the Royal Albie report, those kids are getting so big! Sweet little owls last night!

E4E, glad you are enjoying the pictures of all the beautiful places in the USA!

BL, you and Pip have such adventures! Love the Bobble Headed Beaver adorning the Pickle! And fish is good for you!  ;D

karen, I remember you telling me about that P/T gal when you were in the home, you weren't very nice to her! LOLOL!

Lisa, love that vase of flowers! I have a few FB pages that post all the pictures of wonderful places in the US, they amaze me, we have such a beautiful country!

baz, wow, you are done with the P.T for your hand...what an ordeal! Glad it's over and you are doing well with it!  Hey, I have that Mind-Body problem sometimes!

tsk, well, yesterday was our last nice day for a while, the heat starts today! 88. High 80s/low to mid 90s for the foreseeable forecast. Back on with the A/C!

tig, thanks for the FSK bridge video, really shows how huge the pieces of bridge are! I cannot imagine the cost of it all...

Hellgate - Finn feeding Iris! A first! What a guy he is!    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxa1dC4vf3o

Sonja Palentine

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

« Reply #5290 on: June 11, 2024, 06:32:16 AM »

Tsk, wishing you a 'Happy Birthday'!

#Istandwith Evan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5291 on: June 11, 2024, 06:35:47 AM »

Happy Birthday tsk!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5292 on: June 11, 2024, 06:43:09 AM »

LISA   Love those raspberries in the rose water  :)

TIG  All the documentation of this bridge disaster is remarkable.  An amazing insight into what it takes to clean up after a disaster like this.  Comes with a lot of risk.  :o

KAREN   Boy you were really out of it at the "home" not to remember her.  What a relief for her to see you recovered and healthy and your old self.

BL   You are a true outdoorsman.  Love Bucky the figurehead  ;D ;D

KB  I'd be curious too.  Keep us posted if you find out what that ship hit.

LANI   Yes it is always wonderful to live vicariously through your friends  LOL    Z-paks are the best.  Mike will feel better much faster.
The funny thing about Jean is that she is not known for her cooking.  To any of our potluck gatherings she always brings shrimp  LOL   So to have her make this entire dessert from scratch was wonderful and she was so relieved it all turned out.  ;D  It was extra special.  We both celebrate b-days in June.   Owls are cute - except when they attack our eagle and osprey friends   :o :o

PHYL  Clapping hands for DN18.  ;D  Thanks for the b-day greeting

Thank you LISA  ;D

CLYNN  Thanks for the butterfly b-day greeting and the bright yellow AM  pics
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #5293 on: June 11, 2024, 06:57:03 AM »

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY  X ???????

I feel bad Tsk, and I even had it in my date book.  So sorry.  I hope it is a spectacular, special day.

I also have to repeat what you said Clynn.  When I have discussions with clients I always try to sneak in my line, too.  We have a beautiful country - you could try something here.  A couple things come to mind:  A lot of  pics and testimonials of our country are shared in the forum, but the joy and overwhelming thrill needs to be added. Second I've seen so many (remember 45 states) but then someone will post a picture of their trip/park/sight - And I think to myself "Now I was there, how did I miss that?  I'll have to go back."    ::)

I've been to/through/stayed in Iowa many times.  This year I'm trying one of  the rollercoaster roads on my way there.  I find it very interesting that native Iowans I mention it to give me that blank look.  I hope to  have a review for y'all July 18.

ENJOY tsk     

P

kbshcb

« Reply #5294 on: June 11, 2024, 07:45:02 AM »

Have a great day, tsk