Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 326838 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5296 on: June 11, 2024, 08:32:29 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tig - Thanks for the update on Key Bridge.  Glad you had a good pool day. 

karen - That is crazy that the OT person was someone from the home.  Did you like her this time?  ;D

BL - Cool looking pickle and love the bobble head beaver on the bow.

E4E - Thank you, I had being behind in the Beak.  :)

Lani - Thanks for the kind words.  :)  I am glad to hear that Mike got a Zpac, and I hope he is feeling better this morning!

Phyl - Good luck with the hand surgeon appt.  Thanks for the links.

clynn - Keep posting them..I enjoy looking at it and make notes of which ones I want to visit.  :D  Awww, Finn feeding Iris!

tsk - Thanks, I thought it was a pretty pic with the raspberries. I hope you have a wonderful day today celebrating you!

Puff - Thank you for the snail mail  :-* :)

kb - Love the osprey pic!

karengramke

« Reply #5297 on: June 11, 2024, 09:18:29 AM »

;D ;D. Happy Birthday, tsk!  :D ;D   Great breakfast you had to celebrate!  Enjoy  the rest of your day!  Plans for after your md visit?
So happy for Iris!   What a wonderful mate she got!   Pays to wait?  Some day your Prince will come? Congratulations to the Norths!

Fantastic work clearing the Baltimore Harbor!  The original estimated time line  was 6- 12  months and they got it done in 11 weeks!  Wow!  Still  a loss of over a billion dollars!

Tsk, I do not remember this ot lady!  She was in my room once and I wanted her out!   She wanted me to do things I needed a lot if pt before I could do them.  I really never saw her after that and  think she may have gone somewhere else!   Had ot later from a totally different person!   Was out if it while in the hospital with pneumonia! 

Lani. Good that Mike has a z pac!

Puff. Those Iowa  roller  coasters are great! wonderful relief after the flat, boring drive thru Nebraska!  The part west of Lincoln and Omaha!  I can still feel the ride and see the lush fields from 40 years or more ago!

BL, wonderful craft and set up!  Sounds like a great get away!  Is thua your cabin!  Respectful outdoorsman!   

Lisa, yes amazing and no!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5298 on: June 11, 2024, 09:50:05 AM »

Happy birthday to our dear Tsk!   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0n_6M_RL6g

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5299 on: June 11, 2024, 11:39:48 AM »

Puff, I found a video of Rollercoaster Road in Iowa!   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5ik8-N36Ls  43 miles east of Decorah!

karen, yes, Nebraska is boring until you get to where you can see the mountains! Becky and I drove through Nebraska when she moved to Oregon. I don't remember what state but there were some kind of rollercoaster roads on the way, past NE. It's funny that I remember that P/T person...you ran her off!

Lani, perfect birthday song for our Butterfly Lady!

Going-to-the-Sun Road in Montana, quite possibly the most scenic mountain road in all of the US.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #5300 on: June 11, 2024, 11:55:51 AM »

Have a wonderful day Tsk!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5301 on: June 11, 2024, 12:03:50 PM »

CLYNN- there was a  ' wash board' road just like your Iowa road near Decorah that ran between where we lived and Coachella in Mojave Desert. It was such fun as Dad would  up the speed for a spell.  Thanks for the memory.
  Tks for  Sonja Palentine's  Hellgate update w/ Finn feeding his Iris; Big Sky Montana

TSK- here's to  your special day  ;)

LANI-pretty 'live' butterfly card and     ;)  song  for Tsk

KAREN- sorry your OT gal wasn't likable; hope better next time

KB- awesome osprey for Tsk's birthday greeting

EAGLES- pretty card for Tsk

Doing catch-up on some things I've missed:

LANI- awwww kissing Pigmy Owls

BASI- LOL 'Mind body prob'

TIG- tks for update on Key Bridge
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5302 on: June 11, 2024, 12:07:25 PM »

PUFF  Thank you for the wishes.  My brother the geography major LOVES to always take the back roads whenever he goes anywhere.  The journey is half the fun.  Let us know how that works for you this year.  :D

KB  One of my favorite photos.  Thanks  :)

TIG   AHHH - So the freighter didn't hit anything afterall.... Thanks for the b-day wishes.  :)

LISA  Love the stack of coffee cups  ;D ;D  Thanks for the wishes  :)

KAREN  Have a 4:30 eye doc visit and 5:30 dinner in town with Barb and Tom.  I may meet them there if he's running late...

LANI    Thanks for the b-day wishes and monarchs joing in .  Great duet sung by 2 all time greats no longer with us.  Always loved that song. :)

CLYNN   WOW  What a road!

EAGLES  Thanks for the b-day wishes.  Lots of them coming in today  ;) ;) ;D
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5303 on: June 11, 2024, 12:49:41 PM »

Royal Albatross news!

TF gets feed from mom LGL  :-*
Weighing News (10.24 am):Top Flat chick is 140 days old and weighs 9.6 kg. Last week he weighed 9.9 kg. The average male weight at this age is 9.9 kg There is approximately 100 days till fledging. LGL was seen coming in to feed her chick yesterday while the live stream was off-line. There was a few calm days after weigh day last week and the parents have not been in as frequently, but the slight weight drop this week is not a concern.

Top Flat Track chick is 132 days old and weighs 10 kg. Last week he weighed 9.4 kg. BOK and WYL were seen feeding their chick yesterday while the power was out. Both BOK and WYL have continued to come in quite frequently. On Sunday WYL dropped a large piece of octopus which was too big and heavy for his chick.

TFT and Mom BOK

TFT parents WYL arriving on the left and BOK leaving on the right.

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

{{{Phyl}}} glad you have an appt for your hand, I hope it gives you the needed answers.... thanks for RRP update.

Clynn, Mike woke up at 3am coughing, and is in Gila Bend for the day, high temp will be 108 today.  :-\ ... Sweet Finn feeding Iris, it's what she's wanted for awhile.  ;D :-* ... beautiful Big Sky Montana.

Lisa, always love your morning pics.... the stacks of coffee cups would be a fun puzzle.

Karen, I agree about Nebraska  ;D

Puff We've driven a few times on Iowa's rollercoaster roads.  ;D

Kb, Magnificent Osprey!

{{{Tsk}}} I hope your eye appt goes well.... enjoy your birthday dinner with Barb and Tom.

Hi Eagles How's your temps? We're hitting 97 today.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2024, 12:52:11 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #5304 on: June 11, 2024, 01:27:18 PM »

karen;D ;D ;D 

clynn - Very cool on Roller Coaster Rd!  Going-to-the-Sun Road  is beautiful. 

tsk - You're welcome, and thanks!

Lani - Thank you, and thanks for the Royal update. 

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #5305 on: June 11, 2024, 01:36:29 PM »

Enjoy these soft donut holes with a fluffy doughy center, slightly crisp exterior and sticky sweet glaze!!!

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Phyl

« Reply #5306 on: June 11, 2024, 02:18:00 PM »

TSK- thinking of you and wishing you the best w/ your eye appt.  Dinner out for you B-day!  Do let us know
what you had  for dinner.  Birthday song is in order   ;D

LANI- tks for the Royal Albie report, TF sounds like he's gonna be one 'healthy' Albie  ;)  luv the snaps--'taking off' and 'landing'  :)

LISA- eclectic cupboard of cups this AM

LORI-   hope all's well on  your end.  Cute Calico kitten And all those dough-nut  holes ...enjoy Tsk

#Istandwith Evan

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5307 on: June 11, 2024, 02:36:16 PM »

some bounce

Watching another, all too many, procession of honor for a fallen police officer...  >:(   :'(

We went to breakfast in another town today... I had a turtle coffee, pancake with lemon curd n blueberry, perfectly poached eggs, bacon.
Salad tonight

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

« Reply #5308 on: June 11, 2024, 02:43:03 PM »

some bounce

Watching another, all too many, procession of honor for a fallen police officer...  >:(   :'(

We went to breakfast in another town today... I had a turtle coffee, pancake with lemon curd n blueberry, perfectly poached eggs, bacon.
Salad tonight

TTFN

:'( >:(
Chow sounds good

#Istandwith Evan

Puff

« Reply #5309 on: June 11, 2024, 05:55:35 PM »

some bounce

Happy Bird day TSK !!!

Update:  https://www.uppermichiganssource.com/video/2024/06/11/update-us-coast-guard-finds-crack-michipicoten-said-structural-failure-could-be-reason-freighter-took-water-lake-superior/

I hope all follow up with the second story after the freighter story.  You'll smile like I did, Good-feeling story.

P
« Last Edit: June 12, 2024, 05:50:48 AM by Puff »