Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 599232 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5220 on: June 08, 2024, 04:58:50 PM »

Awwwww, Nothing sweeter---except a new born baby.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #5221 on: June 08, 2024, 05:18:20 PM »

Nice Caturdays CLynn, Tsk, Lani and Lisa thank you.  :-* 

DN17 and his Dad :-* ; Hellgate thanks for updates.

In 40yrs of cat parenting I've never allowed my cats out of doors un leashed or  not  in a buggy/carrier ---with all the weird-os and sick-os  out there, no cat is free from abuse, torture,  hatred and murder.

TSK I just use a rolled up back issue of Nat Geo and smack 'em with a back hand swing--- ;)

Lisa  enjoy  the grad party

Lani Gosh! Sorry to hear Mike's under the weather. And so is Miss Sadie. ..Maggie sends purrs.  Becareful not to catch those rhino viruses
Montana Osprey Cam  those are  some heavy duty 'crib rails'.

Karen your mandarin orange snack sounds great. Do you chill them?

Jim was out all afternoon weeding after a big breakfast.
Soooooo, after a long hiatus I'm making 'pizza supreme'--- pasta sauce over a medium crust with mozzarella shreds, cooked  crumbled Italian sausage/pepperoni slices;  fresh sliced onion and tomatoes with sliced green bell pepper, fresh  sliced broccoli and sliced black olives and more mozzarella.   And, lots of brew and green salad.  Devil's Food w. fluffy white frosting.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #5222 on: June 08, 2024, 05:19:14 PM »

Good Night Everyone...    sleep well.

Bob and James

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5223 on: June 08, 2024, 06:42:59 PM »

KAREN  Gloomy and dreary day here today.  We did get a small rain shower about mid afternoon.  Maybe some more yet to come.

LISA    Have fun  ;D

LANI   Good to have Mike home despite his awful cold.  Hope he is beyond spreading it to you.  However your work never ends!!!  Poor Sadie.   :(  I'm happy to see Dr Kitty has it all under control tho.  ;) ;)   Thanks for the Hellgate update.  Getting close now.  Those sticks don't look that big when camera is back further  LOL

TIG    Do you see deer often?  Bet that fawn was cute  :D

PHYL  Hope you enjoyed that pizza  ;D
Chicagoland

BrokenLug

« Reply #5224 on: June 08, 2024, 07:13:52 PM »

BL  Would love to see Pip's paddle.

Tsk these are the paddles that Pip & I use. The 11 degree bend of the blade gives a better "bite" on the water.

https://bendingbranches.com/collections/canoe-paddles/products/bb-special?_pos=1&_fid=144ee5771&_ss=c
U. S. A.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5225 on: June 08, 2024, 08:08:02 PM »

LOLOL! Good one, Lani!  Shaken, not stirred. He's hired!!!   :D :D :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #5226 on: June 08, 2024, 08:10:06 PM »

Lani - I will have my Martini shaken, not stirred  ;D 

Tee hee. Like minds, Lisa!  ;D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #5227 on: June 08, 2024, 08:11:46 PM »

karen - Happy Belated Heavenly Birthday to your dad! We are at 80° right now, with 36% humidity.  I turned off the AC, and opened the windows. 

tsk - My Dad lives in Kenner, Louisiana, not too far from the airport.  I told Jeff I would like to go down and visit after ATF, so I might either drive or fly.  We will see. 

Puff - Awww, so sorry about your door, and the bird nest. 

Lani - I will have my Martini shaken, not stirred  ;D 

Lisa, that's how Mike likes his  8)

You know what they say Lani... Be like Mike!!  ;D ;D ;D

baziunc

« Reply #5228 on: June 08, 2024, 08:31:19 PM »

Decorah North - DN17 and Dad North

Clynn, that is an awesome "keeper" shot of DN17 showing his reverence for his Dad North!   :-* :-*

baziunc

« Reply #5229 on: June 08, 2024, 08:42:24 PM »

BL  Would love to see Pip's paddle.

Tsk these are the paddles that Pip & I use. The 11 degree bend of the blade gives a better "bite" on the water.

https://bendingbranches.com/collections/canoe-paddles/products/bb-special?_pos=1&_fid=144ee5771&_ss=c

BL, nice!

baziunc

« Reply #5230 on: June 08, 2024, 08:53:35 PM »

Rest in Peace, Bill Anders.  He took the very famous "Earthrise" photo in space, immortalized as a postage stamp, and on many magazine covers.  This is a very nice, short overview (do scroll past embedded ads, etc) that reports a bit more about his fatal plane crash, about his Apollo 8 trip, and the circumstances around when he took his famous "Earthrise" photo. I heard on the radio yesterday that he said he thought that famous photo he took was his greatest contribution from his time in the space program.

https://www.npr.org/2024/06/07/401128365/nasa-astronaut-bill-anders-apollo-8-dead#:~:text=Bill%20Anders%2FNASA-,This%20picture%2C%20taken%20by%20Apollo%208%20astronaut%20Bill%20Anders%2C%20is,to%20the%20moon%20in%201968.

baziunc

« Reply #5231 on: June 08, 2024, 09:03:51 PM »

Happy later Caturday, Beakers!  :D

Etta greets you on this Caturday while practicing one of her yoga poses.   ;) ;D :-* :-*

(click to enlarge, natch)

baziunc

« Reply #5232 on: June 08, 2024, 09:06:56 PM »

I haven't shown this to Zippo... don't want to give her any ideas.

baziunc

« Reply #5233 on: June 08, 2024, 09:10:40 PM »

Baby Bro had his last soccer practice of the season. They don't play games... It's mostly just a way to get out and play with other kids, kick the ball around, and maybe someone will get an idea to try and kick it in the net!  ;D :-* 

« Last Edit: June 12, 2024, 07:45:32 PM by baziunc »

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #5234 on: June 08, 2024, 09:23:19 PM »

Phyl- I have not heard of ear tipping.  This is surprising - wow.  I guess I am not 'in the know'!!  Sad for you in how you miss your Dad - especially on his up coming birthday.    Nice warm temp in your area today!     I want your yummy dinner tonight!! ;D

Karen- What does a person do when they catch the cat in the trap?  Do they take it to the animal shelter?

Kb- Nice of you to have given your trap to a citizen to catch a chipmunk, but why didn't you ask that it get returned to you after they used it for their purpose?

Lani- I am sure you are right that the next 4 years will go by quickly!  Oh no, just read about Mike.  Bed rest is what he needs now!   Hope he feels better soon.   Sorry that Sadie is not feeling well.   Hopefully you are getting some much needed rest yourself.

Clynn- Good for you in keeping your kitties inside for their safety.  Sad about your JB that got hit by a car back in 1973.     Love the pics of DN17 & Dad North!

LisaG- Kind of frustrating when you think you have posted and then you find out it is still there! :)    Enjoy graduation party for Jeff's niece! :)

Tig- How sweet to see a mama doe and her little small fawn!!

Beakers have a good night.