Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 326829 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5250 on: June 09, 2024, 11:35:25 AM »

Lisa ... I've been making some version of it all winter. White chicken chili... or, something  ;D
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5251 on: June 09, 2024, 12:05:59 PM »

Sunday Blessings Beakers!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Good morning Beakers,
It was a long night, as Mike didn't sleep well and I didn't get much rest either.
He's up and having breakfast. I thought I stop in quickly and say Hi.
Please forgive me if I make this a short post.
I'll be back later.

Have a good day Everyone!  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5252 on: June 09, 2024, 01:58:46 PM »

PUFF   I didn't know that PAWS  was Bab Barker  :o

TIG  That was a great video!!  2.5+ walking round trips and you'd have your mile in for the day  LOLOL

KB   Keep us posted on the follow up on the freighter story.

LANI   Sister's complection matches her habit  ;D   HUGS as you get your day sorted out.
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5253 on: June 09, 2024, 04:35:42 PM »

Phyl  You're first hearing about the "tipping" of the stray cats, or even cats who have a home.  It's quite a few years back that I heard of it.  We have to do better at spreading the word.  I've always had all my rescues feline spade/neutered, not clipped because they've liked living inside with A/C, and heat, and blankies.  I must have heard it either from Bob Barker or Betty White.  They did a lot with that promotion.

Puff not sure if I read this correctly. But, I've known about 'ear tipping' for 40yrs.  As I'm a supporter of 'Alley Cat Allies'.   https://www.alleycat.org/.
I have never had my cats ear's 'tipped' they are indoor only. That usually only applies to 'community' or feral cats who have been neutered (TNR program) and vaxed by a vet and then released back into the community of their colony. By posting about  Alley Cat Allies, I have spread the word via Twitter, FB  , Nextdoor.com and various local vet offices.  No better vehicle to make the TNR program known that Alley Cat Allies.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #5254 on: June 09, 2024, 06:18:22 PM »

CLynn luved the colorful picket fence; esp. the Victoriana Decorah North - Mom North, D17 & D18 photo of Decorah North - Mom North, D17 & D18   :-)

Tsk enjoyed your 'rustic' 'Good morning' today.   Speaking of Milky Way we're (solar system) on the very last spiral arm and at the very tip end of that. Lucky us, we have a perfect view of the begining of the darkness that lies beyond---talk about feeling alone.  :-\

Karen a lot of sad news in the plight of our natural resources and all

Lisa pretty daisies today

{{{Lani}}} pretty lotuses today; sorry for the 'long night' y'all had. Nothing to 'forgive'.

Good Night Everyone... sleep well.

#Istandwith Evan

karengramke

« Reply #5255 on: June 09, 2024, 06:31:15 PM »

Phyl, I have known about ear tipping about 50 years so there is no way of knowing when it started!   Some places will do a tattoo on the belly during a spay.   The problem is  that the program is not large enough, staffed with enough volunteers  or funded enough.    Many folks complain about the problem but have the opinion that the other guy should do it!   There was one woman who took care of a large colony in .Fairhope Al
 She took care of the vetting and then fed and watered every day! Periodically there was a request for food  or funds!  Her bill for that was enormous!   Oh well!  I wish I could do more!

Puff

« Reply #5256 on: June 09, 2024, 06:37:49 PM »

Well, ladies, I'm also not sure when tipping started, but it's been a long time ago that I heard about it.  There's also the option of having a house cat "marked" in case they like to roam or if they escape.  It just sends a reassuring clue of what is being handled.

There was also mention on news about Bob Barker donating the biggest amount of his will to about 50 (?) animal/cat/dog charities.

https://www.pawschicago.org/news-resources/news-features/paws-chicago-news/paws-chicago-news-item/showarticle/paws-remembers-bob-barker

P

karengramke

« Reply #5257 on: June 09, 2024, 08:31:01 PM »

Puff, I believe .betty White keft a bundle to animal welfare as well!

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #5258 on: June 09, 2024, 10:38:49 PM »

Baz- Good for you in how you saved that Tortoise.  Hope your scratches heal quickly.

Karen- Thank you!

Lani- Hope you and Mike get some rest.

Tig- Nice way to spend the day.

Kb- I know you were talking to Baz, but like the story of your Mom & Dad and the Turtle. :)    Bet your ribs were so delicious!

LisaG- Hope you get a good night's rest  :)

Lani

« Reply #5259 on: June 09, 2024, 11:23:45 PM »

Clynn, this is a perfect pic! It's a keeper shot!  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #5260 on: June 09, 2024, 11:27:06 PM »

Awwwww, Nothing sweeter---except a new born baby.

Absolutely, nothing sweeter!  :-*

Lani

« Reply #5261 on: June 10, 2024, 12:46:11 AM »

Baz, Love Etta's yoga pose! .... adorable pic of Lil Bro with soccor team. I could tell which was Lil Bro immediately. That gorgeous hair, pink happy face!  ;D ... what a great turtle rescue story. Glad you came away with not too many scratches.

Phyl, stunning photos of the galaxy! Thanks for links.

Kb, I see you have a turtle story too.  ;D ...thanks for freighter story.

Clynn, thanks for Simon and Garfunkel videos.... Beautiful photo of Decorah North Mom, D17 & D18 taken by Deborah Victoriana ...

Tig, awesome video of the American Integrity... I hope you had a good day

Puff, Bob Barker and Betty White were true champions of Animal Welfare, as was Doris Day.

Eagles, Tsk, Karen, and All! Thanks for the TLCs....  I'm hoping Mike will feel better tomorrow.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

Phyl

« Reply #5262 on: June 10, 2024, 06:12:12 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...

Currently: 60F partly sunny, High  81F sunny,  Low 56F

Lani hope everyone feels better this morning;  mama bulldog and her puppy last night ,  awwww

Dina, Sauces nest Channel Islands, California   5-19-21

Prayers for: ‘ Unspoken Requests”; The Beakroom and Cheers.; Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.  Greenfield, IA;Laken Riley, all those like her and family .
 'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere .

#Istandwith Evan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5263 on: June 10, 2024, 06:17:50 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, hope you and Mike and Sadie had a good healing sleep...  I Googled 'famous people who champion animals' and there is quite a list!  https://www.thetalko.com/18-awesome-celebrities-who-love-animals/

Phyl, I think social media has greatly increased the help people give to animal causes, kudos to you for spreading the news! I rarely post anything on Facebook that isn't about animals, mostly eagles and the need to stop contributing to the lead poisoning...  Now I need to get more coffee...  ;D

Hellgate Canyon - Iris and her eggs early this morning and yesterday evening!

The Badlands, South Dakota
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5264 on: June 10, 2024, 06:31:31 AM »

Morning Everyone

KAREN/PUFF    Yes Betty White and Bob Barker were big advocates for the animal kingdom and proud of it..  I remember several times when animals were incorporated into a Golden Girls story line, :D

LANI  Today is a new day and hope your patients have all improved.  :-* :-*    Awww  Gentle Mama and pup  :)

CLYNN   Love that sliced orange hanging. Thanks for the celebrity list - I had forgotten about some of those Ellen DeGeneres for one.  Howard Stern was a surprise.   Badlands are beautiful.   Amazing how varied all of our 50 states are.  You can see everything here.
Chicagoland