Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 599128 times)

BrokenLug

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5205 on: June 07, 2024, 10:02:28 PM »

The stellar Spring seasonable weather we've been stuck in for awhile is now forecast to continue.

It's grueling but we'll power through it.    :)

The large mouth bass I landed today and released does not supposedly exist.

I was standing in a 17' old town canoe playing a bass.

On her best bent wood paddle was the Pippy.   :-*
« Last Edit: June 08, 2024, 12:05:41 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5206 on: June 08, 2024, 12:42:44 AM »

Kb, beautiful Eastern Kingbird... we have a feral cat program here. I know I've mentioned before Payson Animal Shelter is a no-kill center for both cats/dogs.
Also, the main killer of cats in Arizona are the coyotes, bobcats and mountain lion. Our HOA does not allow your cats to be let outside. They won't live long in this environment.

Eagles, Your grandson's graduation sounds very special. The next four years will fly by to the next graduation. :)

{{{Tsk}}} hoping for a Cicada free day for you soon. :-*

Oldguy, thanks for links... Claire worked very hard on her beautiful garden. I hope all will be well in their new home... Miri has very ladylike manners when eating her snack... thanks for D-day link.

Phyl, I've never heard of eartipping... thanks for Alley Cat link, it's a wonderful organization... wonderful memories of your dad.

Tig, delicious dessert.

Karen, how sad about Bill Anders rip.  :(

BL  ;D

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5207 on: June 08, 2024, 06:09:17 AM »

Good Morning Everyone ...Happy Caturday !

Currently: 52F clear , High  80F sunny,  Low 52F

Karen    :(   Bill Anders, RIP

BL  ;D

OG tks/enjoyed the links

Lani  your 'Good Night'  LOL

Prayers for: ‘ Unspoken Requests”; The Beakroom and Cheers.; Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.  Greenfield, IA;Laken Riley, all those like her and family .
 'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere .

Sigourney Weaver and Jones the cat from Alien (1979)

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #5208 on: June 08, 2024, 06:10:06 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #5209 on: June 08, 2024, 06:12:18 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5210 on: June 08, 2024, 06:40:23 AM »

Good Morning Beakers! It's Caturday again!

Phyl, good cat pics this morning, love the American Gothic! We have 68 right now, high 81 today. I think I will turn the A/C off for a few days!

Lani, I have never let my cats outside, not since 1973 when my cat JB got hit by a car. Never again after that. And now there are coyotes to worry about!  Sam, Sophie and Harley love going outside on the deck! I open the sliding door every morning, just enough for them to come and go as they please. What do you hear from Mike? I couldn't find when you said he would be home! Love the dog noses good night!

BL, sounds like you and Pippy are having a great bass season! 

karen, in search of a fly swatter!  Seems like they are never handy when you need them!

oldguy, that was a great D-Day video! Thanks!

Decorah North - DN17 and Dad North - Deborah Victoriana

« Last Edit: June 09, 2024, 06:29:24 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5211 on: June 08, 2024, 06:44:30 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE

OLDGUY    Explosives are such a time consuming and intricate process.  Wonder who was in charge of where to put all the cameras...
Claire sure worked miracles with that garden.   Feliway - never heard of that product.  ???  Sydnie Christmas certainly picks the perfect songs that she can interpret in her own classic way.

PHYL  Thanks for Alley Cats info.  Wonderful story about your Dad and the German family.  :)  Roxy "testing her limits"  ;D

TIG   Dessert sounds really good.  :o

KAREN   We still use our old fashioned fly swatter  LOL  Just heard about Bill Anders this AM.  RIP

BL  Would love to see Pip's paddle.

CLYNN   Great clips of DN17 and Dad
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #5212 on: June 08, 2024, 11:29:56 AM »

Good Afternoon Beakers....Happy Caturday!

Lani - Just like James Bond...shaken, not stirred  ;D

kb - Ouch on the thorns!  Pretty Eastern Kingbird.

karen - Tsk and Tim with the matching cicada shirt..LOL 

tsk - It is another nice day here, very breezy. 

E4E - Appointment at ENT went well, thanks!

oldguy - Glad to hear that Iowa is out of the drought. 

tig - Your dinner sounded good!

Phyl - That is a very nice thing you do with the cakes for your parents birthday.

clynn - Love the pics from DNN!

I thought I hit post before I left for the store, but here my post sits.   ::)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5213 on: June 08, 2024, 12:47:09 PM »

LISA    Cute Caturday.   Cloudy and cool.  Supposedly rain moving in around 3.

Quiet morning in the Beak.  Morning included a craft fair in town, farmers market for my last rhubarb and strawberries  LOL, and the grocery store for a couple things.  Sauce is now cooling!
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #5214 on: June 08, 2024, 02:10:39 PM »

Good afternoon!   Temps going to 94 today!   Piper and I are relaxing a nd have shared a mandarin orange!   She loves them.  Who knew!   
Lani, is Mike home? 🏠
Like Clynn, love Phyls morning picture of American Gothic!

Lisa, Tsk and Puff, glad. Yout. Weather is good!  glad my ac is working!  Lol.  Later
« Last Edit: June 08, 2024, 06:43:03 PM by karengramke »

LisaG1967

« Reply #5215 on: June 08, 2024, 03:56:24 PM »

Have a good night, everyone! 

Off to a graduation party for Jeff's niece. 

Lani

« Reply #5216 on: June 08, 2024, 04:15:01 PM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!

Mike came home with a bad cold and cough.  :(
He's settled back in bed again.

Sadie came down with an upset tummy too. And threw up on Mike's office couch.
ICK! I've been washing sofa cushions, covers, blankets, dog toys  :(
I've been catching up with his laundry too.

It's a quiet moment, I hope everyone is having a good day.

See you later.  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5217 on: June 08, 2024, 04:19:56 PM »

some bounce
I was just resting on the patio while doing some things in the yard when camper came out of the door and said oh look. Not 10 ft. From me on the other side of the fence was a doe and very small fawn. They headed for the front yard.

I'm making a concoction for dinner with shredded chicken, leftover polska kielbasa, cream of jalapeno soup and cream of bacon soup, cream cheese, and garlic and other spices etc.

TTFN
(Lani/Mike
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

« Reply #5218 on: June 08, 2024, 04:25:00 PM »

Montana Osprey Cam - Hellgate update

Hi Folks,
You may notice a change in Iris’ behavior today!  She is spending a lot of time getting up and down, rolling her eggs, and probably talking to them. 
She laid these two eggs on 5 May and 12 May.  In previous years Iris’ eggs have taking 35-37 days to hatch, so we expect the eggs to hatch between 9-11 June and 16-18 June.  So the first chick to hatch might arrive in the next few days! 
Iris is probably feeling the chick move around and start to crack the eggshell with its “egg tooth.”  She may also hear it peeping while it is still inside the egg.  Iris senses big changes might be on the way, and she is rolling her eggs and checking them quite a bit.
Think pure thoughts,
Erick Greene and the Osprey Team

9:24, 6/8   All those sticks....yep, some are going to be in our way.   Crib rails galore!   
#HellgateOsprey

Phyl

« Reply #5219 on: June 08, 2024, 04:53:08 PM »

This is just too precious!  Tks
'One day my child, you too, will be a magnificent Bald Eagle---"

Sauces bald eagle cam