Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 545837 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5130 on: June 05, 2024, 06:29:53 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Erin will bring the Munchkins on his way to work this morning, normally I will go and get them but Sydney has a job interview this morning. Same school district, higher position. She is working her way up, taking courses so she can qualify for better positions. It will still be working with SPED (Special Ed} which is where her Mom has always worked.

tsk, looks like you might get some rain later this morning, although it looks like the stormy part will go south of you...

Phyl, love the lighting with the birds! I will show Erin the birthday greetings when he picks up the kids! And will read the interesting stuff after they leave this afternoon! He will appreciate that it is National Ketchup Day! He's a ketchup on almost everything person!

Lori, yummy turtle pie for Erin!

oldguy, I didn't think of a fissure going under the barrier in Iceland!  Glad it was so far minor volcano activity at Kilauea!

Lani, you have always put water out for the critters, I remember that from when you lived in Scottsdale! I am sure they appreciate it! Good to hear that Mike is having a good trip! Easier to relax when not so much to worry about (driving, flying etc...). Beautiful desert sunset!

E4E, do you plant annuals yearly, or have perennials? Or are you a shrubbery person? I can picture your house but can't remember!

Phyl, I hope the doctor can recommend something for your hands, I have arthritis in my wrists and sometimes it is very painful... and you need your thumbs most of all!

tsk, something must have happened last year that ran the deer to your area, new construction somewhere making it harder for them to find food.

Lisa, we got a good downpour yesterday, just when we needed it. The city finally picked up all the limbs from the storm we had a couple of weeks ago. We were notified to have it out by 6:00 AM a week ago yesterday, they came about 10:00 yesterday. Now that strip between the sidewalk and the street needs to be mowed! Today is the Annual Spring Cleanup where we can put junk out by the curb, things that won't fit into the containers. In years past I have put junk out and Ed has brought it back.  ::)

DNN - DN17 has branched!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5131 on: June 05, 2024, 07:55:37 AM »

I erred on our rainfall.  Checked the gauge  - another inch fell .  I did not hear the rain... So  3 inches in a week..

PHYL  Happy to hear our ketchup has morphed into what it is today  :o   Clever lamp shade  ;D   Good goin' for the Yellowstone alpha female gray wolf.  Glad they track those things.

CLYNN  a red Wednesday today  ;D   Good for Sydney.  I didn't realize she worked with Sp Ed... :-*     Love the casual pose of DN17  ;D.  " No big deal"
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #5132 on: June 05, 2024, 08:53:32 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tsk - Had to laugh at your comment to Karen about the deer jumping the fence.

Phyl - Good luck with the hand surgeon.  Mama had something similar to what you are describing, and she said it was very painful to do anything with her hands.   Hooray for ketchup! 

E4E - Aww, thank you!   :-* :-*

Lani - Beautiful good night pic.  Glad to hear that Mike's presentation went well. 

oldguy - Thanks for the info on the volcanoes. 

Lori - Oh my, that turtle pie...yummy!

clynn - We are supposed to get storms this afternoon, just about the time I have to drive over to Annapolis and pick Jeff up from work.  He is getting a repair on his car done and will need to leave it for an overnight or two. Love the pic of DN17!  Good luck to Sydney on the job interview, and have a good day with the munchkins!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Erin!!!

Puff, kb, tig and all - Morning  :)

karengramke

« Reply #5133 on: June 05, 2024, 09:11:17 AM »

Good morning!  Saw the news of the branch!  Thanks for the picture of dn17 Clynn!  The  look is sure one of great self confidence!  Good for Sydneyin continuing to learn and help others !  A very Happy Birthday to Erin!  He can enjoy your turtle pie and Loris!    Have an enjoyable day with .bella and Talon.  Is your park complete yet!   

Phyl, could not read the article on how your voice  changes with time.  Will look it up!
lani, beautiful picture last night!   Thanks for leaving water out for the poor animals in your area!  Do you ever see them drinking?   That is really important!

Tsk, I really believe wildlife well being is more important than a pristine  garden! We , as a society have done enough to wreck the environment with poor planning, poor growth management!   Was surprised to see a fawn carcass in the nest at North and later a  deer head brought in!  Wonder what caused the death and if a hunting  result, why it was left!  There is surely an abundance of fish in the area! 
Here we have an abundance of feral and abandoned cats!   People believe they can let them put and that they  will come in at night!   Other tan my friend in New Mexico who had William, my first encounter with a siamese, who rang the doorbell every night at midnight,  most do not always come back. 
Tsk, I do not understand how you cover the tomatoes?   Is this only at night or with netting!  Obviouslt they need exposure to sun.

We had thunder last night, no rain.  Some in the forecast today, but  I am doubtful!   Rain, not thunder!   All have a good and safe day!

oldguy

« Reply #5134 on: June 05, 2024, 09:22:53 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Starliner is set to lift off this morning at 10:52 EDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOFGG6mzseI

bbl

Launch was trouble free and is now in-route to the Space Station - arrival in about 24 hrs.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2024, 10:19:14 AM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5135 on: June 05, 2024, 10:30:24 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Starliner is set to lift off this morning at 10:52 EDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOFGG6mzseI

bbl

Launch was trouble free and is now in-route to the Space Station - arrival in about 24 hrs.

Glad all went well...
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5136 on: June 05, 2024, 11:13:00 AM »

OLDGUY    Pretty cool.
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5137 on: June 05, 2024, 11:19:54 AM »

Happy birthday Erin!
Sending many good wishes to an awesome person who is loved and admired by his family and friends.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

oldguy

« Reply #5138 on: June 05, 2024, 11:21:36 AM »

Happy Birthday Erin
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5139 on: June 05, 2024, 12:08:09 PM »

Honey, I'm home! Willie checking in with Millie and eggbert. 💕
photo taken by spamela.

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Karen, I do see the critters drinking, even lizards...  I have the drinking stations set up at four different places. One high up for elk, birds, and two on the ground for 4 legged critters, located away from the house and under trees. And another small dish hidden under low bushes, perennials for small critters, quail, birds, chipmunks, lizards and such. Probably snakes enjoy them too. Ick! .... In the warm months I make sure bowls clean and fresh water every day. I don't like mold to develop.

Clynn, Sending good luck wishes to Sydney! Like Erin my late brother loved ketchup on everything too, even on his morning eggs.... I miss my Scottsdale critters. You could be more connected and care for them through the Southwest Wildlife program. But, here in a national forest it's a no no... so making fresh water available in the heat of the summer is what I can do.
YAY DN17!!  :-*. ... have a great day with the Munchkins!

Oldguy, thanks for update on the volcanos. Sorry to read about the gas release from a fissure opening inside of the protective walls. I pray this isn't a sign of a lava flow occuring... I was watching the Starliner streaming, lots of people were on at the same time. It was cool. Safe travels for the two astronaunts!! Cool cake for Erin.

Lori, perfect card and cake for Erin.

Phyl, great cake for Erin.... Love the bird lighting..... awesome story of Yellowstone's elder female wolf  :-* ,,,,  national ketchup day?! Mike would celebrate it with hot dogs tonight!  ;D oh wait, I just remembered he's going to the Cleveland ball game tonight. The KC Royals are playing them!  🌭. 🍿   8)

Tsk, Sadie must like the smell of the Repel All. She won't stop digging under my potted roses. So many be the big critters don't mind it. :( ... 3 inches is a lot of rain.

Lisa, good luck with Jeff's car repairs. I hope it's not too many $$$.

I'll be working in the yard today.
Finally all the trees are in their summer stage.
Lots of clean up for me to do while Mike is gone
and before Firewise inspection by HOA and Tonto National Forest
later this month.

Have a good day All!  :)

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #5140 on: June 05, 2024, 12:26:41 PM »

What a cute white and brown alpaca.

Morning all..sounds like everyone is doing well.

I just weeded my front garden and those dang bunnies only ate my most beautiful and expensive lilies. My Asiatic and Oriental ones...hate them. Down to the ground...We have 1-5 bunnies per yard times 4,500 single family homes here...need more raptors please.

They have glorious grass, Chives galore, and other what we call ditch lilies in my garden to chose from but NO......
Had to go for only the most beautiful ones....what's that all about....I'll figure it out.

Later.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2024, 12:28:12 PM by kbshcb »

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #5141 on: June 05, 2024, 01:21:17 PM »

Happy Birthday Erin!

karengramke

« Reply #5142 on: June 05, 2024, 01:32:36 PM »

Old Guy, you can find tge best cakes!

Clynn, did the kids watch the space craft lift off?  Maybe they will become astronauts or  aeronautical engineers!   Many careers will develop from this point!

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5143 on: June 05, 2024, 01:52:37 PM »

some bounce

KB - sorry about your plants...
Must have had a huge wind gust... it blew down our patio table with umbrella CLOSED!

Finally tried the pool today. I just wanted to start moving again. Things went pretty well, even though I struggle to get up the steps.
I iced and elevated my knees when I got home. I don't know why I didn't think of icing my knee while at the lake!

I had lots of fish n salad n veggies at Camper's camera club dinner last night. Sigh... healthy eating is such a bother (said Pooh).  ::)

TTFN
« Last Edit: June 05, 2024, 07:20:51 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5144 on: June 05, 2024, 03:40:28 PM »

Tried to sit on the patio and capture some vitamin D rays.  Too many bombardments  LOL  Will be working with my team in the Mary garden at church tomorrow.  It is teeming with cicadas  LOL  We need to do major trimming of all the shrubs.  ::)

LANI    Awww  cute Willi and Millie  You are so good to be so faithful to cleaning all those bowls of water every day.  We have 3 birdbaths going that are cleaned every day.  Right now cuz they fill up with cicadas  LOLOL  Squirrels and birds and now deer I suppose,  ::)  help themselves.  I put ketchup on my scrambled eggs  ;) ;)   Good timing for Mike to catch a ball game  LOL  Hope it wasn't too warm to do your outside work today.

KB  Bummer on the lilies - Mine made it LOL

TIG  Glad you back to the pool.  :)
Chicagoland