Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 545286 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5145 on: June 05, 2024, 05:52:29 PM »

Tried to sit on the patio and capture some vitamin D rays.  Too many bombardments  LOL  Will be working with my team in the Mary garden at church tomorrow.  It is teeming with cicadas  LOL  We need to do major trimming of all the shrubs.  ::)

LANI    Awww  cute Willi and Millie  You are so good to be so faithful to cleaning all those bowls of water every day.  We have 3 birdbaths going that are cleaned every day.  Right now cuz they fill up with cicadas  LOLOL  Squirrels and birds and now deer I suppose,  ::)  help themselves.  I put ketchup on my scrambled eggs  ;) ;)   Good timing for Mike to catch a ball game  LOL  Hope it wasn't too warm to do your outside work today.

KB  Bummer on the lilies - Mine made it LOL

TIG  Glad you back to the pool.  :)

do you mean asiatic or oriental lilies?....when you say mine made it?....and are you referring to bunnies or deer?...I don't have deer here thankfully.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5146 on: June 05, 2024, 06:37:38 PM »

Got a call from Rainey, Doc's NP: all good results on the 4 tests from Monday. So this little old lady is doing real, real, real  good!   ;)  All that's left is the hand surgeon and bone density. She also told me that in view of my nose still huring in place where broken. I should contact the ENT that I saw  and talk
to him about this. She told me that it shouldn't hurt for this long after.

Tsk
cute card for  Erin;  it's nesting season the parents aren't taking chances with anyone LOL---the mockingbirds always  hit me,  even feel claws in my hair  :o

CLynn nice 'red' theme this AM; thanks for  update on DN17  branching 'Congrats' Kid-O !   'Good Luck' Sydney on job interview!

Lisa pretty flowers this AM; hoping the vehicle rfepairs are too costly

Karen  sorry , in my hasted this AM I forgot to find a  'non--[remimum' link

OG I watched 'Starliner' lift-off on TV live. I never miss a space launch. Thanks for the video; cool card for Erin

Lani tks for the Puffin update Willie and Millie and little eggbert  :-*

Tig glad you had a nice swim and could loosen up those knees; dinner last night sounded yummy

Good Night Everyone...    sleep well.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5147 on: June 05, 2024, 06:54:25 PM »

KB   I believe my lilies are just oriental..I'll see if tomorrow I can get a pic.  Nothing seems to ever eat them.

PHYL   Good goin' on the blood work.  ;D
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5148 on: June 05, 2024, 11:51:03 PM »

Kb, cute alpaca ... sorry about the rabbits.

{{{Tig}}} I bet it felt good to be back at the pool.

Tsk, I like salsa with my scramble eggs and omelets.  ;D ... it was 96 today.  :P

{{{Phyl}}} very glad the 4 tests went well.... prayers for the rests.. sleep well tonight.

SED Karen, Eagles, Puff, Oldguy, Lisa :)

Good night from Mormon Trail!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2024, 11:53:38 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #5149 on: June 06, 2024, 06:03:50 AM »

Good Morning Everyone !   

Currently: 72F cloudy , High  87F  mostly sunny,  Low 61F

Lani  Thanks.    I do enjoy salsa on scrambled eggs from time to time

Tsk  hope you have some good luck with the deer seems like there outta be a
way to keep ‘everyone’ happy.
 I now have 3 squirrels and two chipmunks feeding.
There’s one ‘chippy’ that if the jar isn’t full .That little ‘bugger’ will claw my soil up in the one pot that doesn't have chicken wire. Jim’s says ‘Too bad.”

Prayers for: The Beakroom and Cheers.; Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.  Greenfield, IA;Laken Riley, all those like her and family .
 'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere .

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #5150 on: June 06, 2024, 06:11:21 AM »

Cane Ridge Bluebirds, Cane Ridge, Tennessee May 2024
 2nd clutch May 2024
https://raptorresource.org/raptorresource/forum/index.php?topic=2741.240

The 2nd clutch with CR #69,  70, 71, #72 have fledged  --again I was too slow and missed one perched in the 'hole' of nesting
box about to 'launch' for the first time into the world. With Mom and Dad, siblings waiting in the nearby willow.

It is now June and currently the 'kids' are about to return from 'Flight School' as I like to call their week or so in the woods getting
educated on hunting and foraging. They'll return for some training from Mom, on the feeder pole and meal worm
feeder box,  here at our backyard. Hoperfully these fellas will not be so 'shy' and perch on the deck for some graduation
snaps.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #5151 on: June 06, 2024, 06:11:32 AM »

Cane Ridge Bluebirds, Cane Ridge, Tennessee June 2024
 3rd clutch June 2024

https://raptorresource.org/raptorresource/forum/index.php?topic=2741.240

In the mean time...Mom and Dad have been busy with a third 'family'. :o
Not altogether uncommon.

Here, we are looking at CR#73  positioned right at '12  O'Clock'

Taken 6-4-24 6:17PM

But, I was hoping that this family
was through nesting so I could get some unwanted volunteer
trees and shrubs cut down/removed.

This will have to wait !

I am getting ready to have Jim take my iPhone and mosey down to  nesting box#1  and take a peek and a snap ---checking laying progress.
Will we have two eggs or three or four by now?

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5152 on: June 06, 2024, 06:46:54 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Good day with the Munchkins! Bella had me busy all day, I was sure ready to relax when Erin picked them up! Bella was busy all day! Erin told me to tell all of you thank you for the great birthday greetings! He said WOW as I showed them to him!

Phyl, good shot of the first egg of the third batch?  WOW!  Will they have four this year? From hatch to fledge seems like a very short time! Great pics of the vintage kitchen tools, I have had many of these that Ed picked up at the thrift stores and I sold on eBay! Good news on the tests you have had done! Oh your poor nose!

Lani, what a beautiful sunset on the Mormon Trail... Erin stopped by last night to drop off an item for the trash pick up today. It was almost 9:00 and there was a beautiful sunset with a piece of sun shooting through the clouds...  So good to see Willie and Millie with Eggbert, love the 'Honey, I'm home'! Sydney said her interview was bery good, the person who interviewed her even walked her out to her car! She felt really good about it!

tsk, we have not seen or heard any cicadas so far! And you are teeming with them! So is Lani! I think we would love to see some pics of the church gardens, it sounds like they must be very pretty as they are so well taken care of by you and others!

karen, yes, we all watched the Starliner launch yesterday! Talon actually took his eyes off of the computer and was really interested! I always watch launches when I can, I remember being at work at the bank in Springfield when the Challenger launched, we were all watching... I can never get that sight out of my mind when I watch a launch.  https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=challenger+launch&mid=FA77125733CCE52A15BAFA77125733CCE52A15BA&FORM=VIRE

Wells Fargo Ospreys - All four are doing well! Pic from nr.

Hellgate - Iris, Finn and the 3 eggs! Trudi Kron

« Last Edit: June 06, 2024, 07:07:52 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5153 on: June 06, 2024, 07:01:04 AM »

LANI   WOW  96.  Please take care.  I've got some salsa in the frig!  Plan to try on next scrambled eggs..LOL

PHYL    Not familiar with a few of those utensils  ???  Remember my Mom's had beater tho.  Now one more set of bluebirds to look forward to.

CLYNN   Shades of yellow this AM  :D   Looks good for Sydney.  Fingers crossed.   Kids continue to be so cute and happy go lucky.
 Is the playground done yet?
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5154 on: June 06, 2024, 07:10:50 AM »

tsk, it doesn't look like they have done anything at the playground but tear it down. Has really put a crimp in our Wednesday activities!  :o ::)
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #5155 on: June 06, 2024, 08:23:14 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

karen - We had some wild weather here last night in MD.  There was a couple of tornadoes last night in Maryland on the other side.  One where Bradley use to live in Gaithersburg, and then another N of Baltimore.

oldguy - Thanks for the Starliner info.

Lani - Thanks for the Willie, Millie and eggbert pics! Hope you didn't over do it on the yard work yesterday. Beautiful pic of the Mormon Trail.

kb - That is a cute white and brown alpaca.  Sorry about your plants. 

tig - Healthy eating is such a bother  ;D  Glad you are back at the pool. 

tsk - Oh no, bombardments of cicada's?

Phyl - Thanks  :)  Jeff's repairs for his car will be covered under his warranty.  Thank goodness.  Glad to hear that you got good results on your lab work. Love your kitchen pic this morning.

clynn - Glad you had a good day with the munchkins, and that you and Talon watched the launch.  Great pics of Iris, Finn and the 3 eggs!

Phyl

« Reply #5156 on: June 06, 2024, 08:39:29 AM »

80th Anniversary...

'All game some, Some gave all."

Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

« Reply #5157 on: June 06, 2024, 09:46:38 AM »

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5158 on: June 06, 2024, 10:21:34 AM »

LISA   I expect tornados aren't a common occurrence in Md.?   bombardments - it is ridiculous here.  Altho Tim is suffering greatly with his back ( sees doc next week as first injections did not "take") he has been able to mow the lawn - his only exercise.  However today he hired a guy to mow the lawn today. ( our former landscaper who we are friends with). Truthfully, I think he does not want to deal with the cicadas!!!  ;D ;D   I brought on into church this AM.  ::)  LOLOL

KB   Terrible pics but one of several lilies is open - milkweed growing up right in the middle  :-*
« Last Edit: June 06, 2024, 10:53:27 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

Lani

« Reply #5159 on: June 06, 2024, 10:47:21 AM »

Royal Albatross ~ DOC Rangers Colin & Jim Weigh The Chicks! 😊💕 6.4.24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Suz3ySFyECg

Jun 4, 2024  #royalcam #albatross
The DOC rangers Colin & Jim are on chick weight check duty today as they go around the colony and take all the chicks weights. Last week, TFT was the heaviest chick in the colony and came in at a whopping 10.4kg!  TF was at a good weight too last week at 9.6kg.

Today TF is 133 days old and weighs 9.9kg (21.83 lbs) and is slightly over the average weight for a male at his age. TFT  is 125 days old came in at 9.5kg (20.94 lbs) - a decrease from last week but that is totally normal since his weight shot up with several big feedings from BOK and WYL. TFT is still very good and he is is over the average weight for a male at his age. The heaviest chick in the colony weighs 11kg - Observation post chick! These chicks are now well over 20 lbs and still growing - that is quite the armful to fit in the basket! Thank you for watching!

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Lisa, I read several texts late last night about the storms and tornadoes going through your area. I'm so glad all is well with you, Jeff and Bradley's family too.  :-*

Tsk, I did 10 49 gallon bags yesterday. I have several more to fill today. I hate the Emory oak leaves, the tree loses its leaves in late spring, then their blossoms are messy, and they are very slippery to handle. It's their blossoms that affect me..... Since I have several oaks, It's best to wait for the blooming season to be done and clean up all at one time.... Prayers for Tim.

Phyl, beautiful new BB egg... I have Mike's grandmother's old fashion hand mixer....

Clynn, The munchkins look great!  ;D I bet you're exhausted, the older they get, the more busy they are..... the cats/Sadie exhaust me. LOL!!! ... Prayers for Sydney, it all seems like good vibes for her so far..... no cicadas here, though large grasshoppers have been hopping around... 4 darling WF babies.  :-* .... Trudi is wrong, there are only two Hellgate eggs. I love Finn, he's such a wonderful mate to our girl  :-*... whoever is in charge of the playground certainly didn't prepare for the summer.