Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 222443 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3270 on: April 06, 2024, 06:13:33 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Trempealeau Eagles Update
 April 5, 2024  RaptorResource

What’s going on at the Trempealeau eagle nest and where is Mr. T? We haven’t seen him since March 28. Prior to that, he and Mrs. T were exchanging incubation duties and he was acting like a normal eagle Dad. But we haven’t seen him on the nest since his last shift and no one has reported or found him, live or dead, in the vicinity of the nest.
Continued...

https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/04/05/trempealeau-eagles-update/
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #3271 on: April 06, 2024, 06:14:04 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #3272 on: April 06, 2024, 06:20:13 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #3273 on: April 06, 2024, 07:02:39 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!  It's Caturday!

Phyl, good cat pics, mooning the neighbors! Sam and Sophie love sitting at the front window, I wonder if people walking by notice them! Love the sounds in the 365! So Mr. T is missing. Dang. I hate to hear that. Hang in there today and hopefully you can get some help from the Dr tomorrow. I bet Maggie knows you aren't feeling well...

baz, I did sleep very well last night, thank you! See you later!

Lani, I thought it was funny, Mike can't smell anything but turkey! Not even the Cozy Burgers? Good to hear he had a good trip tp Minneapolis and is safe at home for the weekend.

E4E, the Munchkins have no school today, they are off for the eclipse. It's crazy! And I am sure there will be a couple more days off for teacher's workshops or something like that!

Munchkin pictures from yesterday! Talon actually played Barbies with Bella. I think he was saving his computer time for later, he only gets to spend so much time a day playing games. In the one picture he was coming his hair with Barbie's comb, Bella thought that was funny!

oldguy, thanks for Maru, Hana and Miri and Walter Santi and especially from Lesley! So good to hear from her!

tsk, so sorry to hear of the loss of your good friend...

« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 07:18:34 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #3274 on: April 06, 2024, 07:46:39 AM »

Because we haven't seen a blue footed boobie in awhile...

Happy Dog: and cutie pie
https://twitter.com/i/status/1776378211145851101

Morning.

Lani - happy to hear Mike was successful in Minneapolis...nice to hear his thoughts about it too...Pretty is yet to come imho...when the leafs open on the trees and everything turns green!

In fact I'll be spending more time outside today and may drop crab grass/weed preventer?..depends on how quickly Amazon delivers today.

Lots of rain coming tomorrow into Monday so wouldn't have to water....soil temps are warmer than last time this year...yes my lilacs haven't bloomed yet and soil temp has nudged to 50 but back down to 40 but I've had success laying this product out even with snow in some areas before...

Close to 60 above once again today and the sun is out at the moment.

Can you tell I'm anxious?...LOL

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3275 on: April 06, 2024, 08:11:56 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE

The sun is finally shining here today after several cloudy rainy days.  We will hit 51 degrees - An outdoor walk may be in order.  ;)

OLDGUY  Thanks for the update on Lesley - You'll  update us I hope when the new video comes out.  ;)   Hana surely seeks solace in Maru   Cute Santi piece.  clever cat.  ;D    I liked comparing the new Runaround Sue to the first one they did!!!  Thanks for the update on Iowa.  They were losing when I went to bed. :o

BAZI  Glad I was sleeping during that nail biter.  LOLOL  That will be some final game!!!

(((PHYL)))  Noah's ark - LOLOL   Kind of tenuous at the Trempealeau nest  :(

CLYNN   Talon's a good brother  :-*

KB   Oh that happy dog makes me laugh  ;D
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #3276 on: April 06, 2024, 09:06:29 AM »

Not a cloud in the sky tsk I'm counting on 60 for my area today!

Ending was good but took every ounce of effort and every sec left for Iowa to get the win.  Long wait until Sunday.

Going to get to my feathered friends today - they're starting to picket  me.  Had to handle Good Sam this week 4 different times/appointments.  Ugly weather anyway.  Birds will be happy.

Not sure who posted the site for the PCH video, maybe OG?  Since all the posting on the subject earlier this week it verifies any #1 voters choice.  I didn't realize it was  655 miles north to south.  Much longer then the Ireland cliffs at 15 miles, sans the spectacular views, too.  Makes me want to take the drive again.  But just thinking about things - - -Top to bottom before was with Ton and 4 of our friends.  I'm the only one left in the group.   :'(

Really going to be a tough call for the new nest in Wisconsin.  I think it was Lisa who caught the pic of the pip in the egg left.  Because of care needed and temps there, it was an iffy call before.  It would really put pressure on mom to do survival duties for 2.  We'll probably all be waiting for any more progress today on that pip.

P   
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 09:08:17 AM by Puff »

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3277 on: April 06, 2024, 10:22:50 AM »

some bounce

I'm around. Had to take a break.

((TSK))

I picked up my lawn supplies Thursday but am watching soil temps for right time to apply. I also went to the hardware store for some items and almost fell in their parking lot. Our car took a little beating from my cane and there was a release of adrenaline, but all is well.
I visited my heart doctor yesterday, first time in 11 years. This is the second time I am now seeing the son of the original doctor!! I'm officially old. He prescribed a 30 day heart rhythm monitor to evaluate for silent or asymptomatic atrial fibrillation. Joy.
I may clean up some cones etc. from our spruce later when it warms up.

I cheered for Caitlin. I can cheer for Paige next year.

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #3278 on: April 06, 2024, 10:51:58 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....Happy Caturday!

((tsk)) - So sorry to hear of Kathleen's passing, prayers to you and her family! 

Phyl - Sorry you didn't get into the lil clinic yesterday, but glad to hear you got an appt with your PCP's NP on Monday. 

karen - Did you see the RRP post about Trempealeau?  It was posted yesterday after you asked me about it.

oldguy - Thanks for letting us know BL logged in, and thanks for the videos.

E4E - Thanks, and I hope you & Kris have a nice weekend, too.

Lani - Mr. T is missing, per RRP's post last evening.   :(  Loving your pics from the RRP cams.   :D  I had to laugh when you said, Mike can't smell anything but turkey at Thanksgiving and Christmas.  They should bottle that smell, IMO!

baz - Waving back at ya!   :)

clynn - Great pics of the munchkins! 

kb - Hope you get your delivery soon, so you can put your crab grass/weed preventer down before the rain.

Puff - I hope the Wisconsin nest does OK.  That will be a tough job for that mom.  That was not me that posted the pic, looks like a newbie, or maybe someone who knows the nest very well?

tig - I am glad that you did not fall, and the cane and car helped stop the fall.   

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3279 on: April 06, 2024, 10:58:48 AM »

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #3280 on: April 06, 2024, 11:20:59 AM »

Norman sometimes get upset with Sadie's stuffed animals! I don't know why.  ???  Of course, it upsets Sadie, and she'll move the toy to Mike's office, and place on his couch. There's 5 stuffed toys laying there.

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Morning Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

{{{Tig}}} Take it easy 🙏

Puff, Yesterday, we had our last slushy rainy day.... That's probably it for awhile. It'll be in the 70's starting Weds.... the last 4th quarter of the Iowa game was a nail biter for sure... lots of prayers for Mrs. T.

{{{Tsk}}} darling ginger cats. A good day for walking.

Kb, cute pup barking at it's shadow. The rest of the pics in your X thread has a lot of wonderful animal videos too.... nice day temp, we're heading up the to the 70's next week.

Clynn, OOPS, I forgot he can smell cozies, especially the onions! Mike lost the sense of smell after several years of heavy smoking, college, Navy, etc. He quit when he turned 40... he can't smell perfume, flowers, cut grass, popcorn or when the girls needed their diapers changed. LOL! But, he can smell burgers and roast turkey.... great pics of the munchkins! Sitting on the floor, Talon and Bella look to be the same height and close to age... What a good brother and sister, loving relationship. :-*  ... fun Caturday pics.

Phyl, yes, I use a diffuser  :) ... Noah's Ark  ;D ... cats/money! LOL! ... sweet Roe Deer herd.... I lit a candle in our Beak candle room two nights ago for Trempealeau eagle nest 🙏
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #3281 on: April 06, 2024, 11:59:52 AM »

Well, I just came up from working outside out back and watched my neighbor back his van which was too close to the property line, just drive over 3 pieces of fencing and they are wrecked. They are just inside the property line. The reason they are there as they keep driving on my property.

Actually it was a friend/relative and the owner saw it..he doesn't speak English but someone else did and I said he doesn't use his mirrors..Yep the other guy said yep...I said don't let him drive again.

They jammed the crooked pieces best they could and I went out to straighten a bit better. It looks awful and I will have to replace them.

I DID put a boulder inside the fence. To bad he missed that!

Resting and then going to drop my crabgrass preventer. It doesn't have fertilizer in it...I use milorganite for that much later in May...

Lani

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3283 on: April 06, 2024, 12:25:53 PM »

TIG   You've been busy and avoiding falls at all cost.  :-*    Good idea with the heart monitor since it has been 11 years.  They are much smaller now and you can shower with them - at least Tim's was that kind.   Just saw a Youtube video about how to plant pinecones in a pot.  I keep forgetting to look for them on my walk. ???

LANI   LOL  Sylvester and Tweedy  ;D  Funny behavior with Norman's reaction to Sadie's toys  LOL   Just did a 30 min walk and 1 thing leads to another..Did some perennial cut downs and took the 3 hoses out for Tim to hook up.  Want to get the bird bath out and fill it.  ;) ;)  I will stop with that or will feel it later  ::) ::)     Those 3 cat/kitty vids were perfect.

KB   DANG  Maybe you should make a whole row of boulders?  How long is the fence?
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #3284 on: April 06, 2024, 01:00:30 PM »

TIG   You've been busy and avoiding falls at all cost.  :-*    Good idea with the heart monitor since it has been 11 years.  They are much smaller now and you can shower with them - at least Tim's was that kind.   Just saw a Youtube video about how to plant pinecones in a pot.  I keep forgetting to look for them on my walk. ???

LANI   LOL  Sylvester and Tweedy  ;D  Funny behavior with Norman's reaction to Sadie's toys  LOL   Just did a 30 min walk and 1 thing leads to another..Did some perennial cut downs and took the 3 hoses out for Tim to hook up.  Want to get the bird bath out and fill it.  ;) ;)  I will stop with that or will feel it later  ::) ::)     Those 3 cat/kitty vids were perfect.

KB   DANG  Maybe you should make a whole row of boulders?  How long is the fence?

Ha, I just talked with Dennis and Vi about doing that!....fence is over 15 feet long.. maybe needs to be a lot taller? ...er um, maybe they need to learn how to drive?

But, it's the last 5-7 feet they run over, not the 15 feet...they also repeatedly drive over the curb, um city property.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 01:09:48 PM by kbshcb »