Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 315639 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3300 on: April 06, 2024, 07:45:23 PM »

Kb we live just south of the Rockland County, NY line.

They are still giving away big landscaping fence defense boulders for free .. well since the last Ice Age anyway.

The Amazon Drone shipping and placement cost is the rub ..

Not to mention it's highly inaccurate and has been known to damage unruly neighbors vans and barbecues.   ;D

Unless you use Amazon Prime Drone Delivery (APDD) of course .. which I would opt out of if I was you .  ;)   :P
PD
All deer, trees and fence must stay.

There are so many critters amongst us all that enrich Pip and I Karen.

Many that own us.

Too funny, BL...I laughed out loud... wish there was such a thing!..APDD...I'm still mad at her. 3 times is too much. I'll come up with something eventually.

Glad that earthquake didn't bother anything/anybody..after living in Cali for 20 years and experiencing them tens or hundreds of times I kind of laughed at all the tv coverage but I do know it's not a typical thing out east so it would be freaky.

Chris suggested large tacks that stick up!....to pierce a tire or two ya know.

Not Preen, Phyl. I tried that a few times in my gardens but never worked so I have resorted to mountains of mulch between plants...that works for me.

My yard routine: I drop crabgrass preventer early on the grass, Milorganite fertilizer (organic) 4 times a season and grubex twice. Grubex is for our Japanese Beetle infestations in this area.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 08:12:59 PM by kbshcb »

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3301 on: April 06, 2024, 07:54:55 PM »

BAZ!!!
Sorry I missed your story earlier. Nasty fall! Ouch
Gentle hugs
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

BrokenLug

« Reply #3302 on: April 06, 2024, 08:33:11 PM »

Phyll's some of the best north American pussy cats a talking.  :) 

2 male wolverines greeting each other gave at the edge of there ranges.

There such realms met _ it really scared the living stuff out of me me totally.

Hair on the back of the neck wildness freaky shivers.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 10:38:21 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #3303 on: April 06, 2024, 10:39:26 PM »

Places to stay in Capitola Village/Beach.  We have not stayed here, but we love to come and walk around the village and shop.  Always a good lunch along the beach in one of those fabulous restaurants!  My hubby's Sister & her fiance stayed in one of these rooms last summer and had a marvelous time!  Hubby's sister is from Colorado.   Not trying to promote anything, as this area is always busy!  Just sharing because I am trying to post things of interest. ;D

Lani- It was a great Iowa game last night!!!  Great DNN pics! :)  Like the Mother goose pic too!

Phyl- Oh no, what is going on at the Trempealeau nest?  Hope Mr T is alive and well. :o

Clynn - I would bet that folks walking by your house see your cute Sophie & Sam in the window!!   Yeah, the Eclipse is a very big thing this time around.  I know it's been huge in years past, but more people are very much into it!!   So cute how Talon played with Bella!!  Funny how she laughed when he combed his hair with the Barbie comb!! ;D

Kb - How was your day out in the yard?  Always taking care of things! :)

Tsk- Glad you got some sun today!

Hi Puff!

Tig - So you almost fell, but not quite? Hopefully you did not fall all the way! Hopefully your car was hearty with taking your cane!

LisaG- Hope you & Jeff are having a nice weekend.  How is your weather?  We've just stayed home this weekend - nothing too exciting! ;)

Lani- That's so funny how Norman is with Sadie's toys!  ;D

Tsk - Looks like you are ready to get set up for the Spring season! :)

Baz - Oh no! So sorry about the fall you took.  Hope you put some ice packs on your wounds.  Glad you say that nothing seems broken.

Og - You are always helpful with info! :)

BL - Like what you told Baz about her taking a fall!  ;D

Hi Lori- Hope you & Destini are doing well and fine. :)

Hi Karen  :)

Beakers have a good night.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3304 on: April 07, 2024, 12:54:27 AM »

Kb, Like Tsk and Tig vote boulders. Some of my neighbors have boulders as fencing to prevent parking on their property.

{{{Tig}}} sending gentle hugs and prayers.... rest easy.  :-*

Tsk, Like you I couldn't stop at just doing one thing outside today. I'm ready to start digging in the planter areas.  ;D

Oldguy, good suggestion for Kb. Thanks for links.... love Simon's cats  ;D ... Thanks for the Iceland volcano update, it's strange to see a bubbling vent and in the distance snow covered hills. Too bad about destroyed moss beds.

SED Lisa :-*

{{{Baz}}} Oh no, Ouch! Your fall sounds terrible. And you had such a nice walk and then visit with the rescued pups/owners.... I hope you didn't break or sprain anything. You'll be sore for awhile.  :-\ I hope you put you used ice packs, feet up, lots of rest and glass of wine later for the games...  The cats don't go into Mike's office unless I do, Sadie spends part of the morning sleeping on Mike's office couch and uses her special stuffed toys as her pillow. Good games today, UCONN and Purdue played hard the 2nd half. Looking forward to the women's game tomorrow. I hope you have a comfortable night's sleep.

T40, Loved your Caturday short videos, especially the bonus.

BL, good to see your post. Glad all is well with you and Pip and critters... thanks for map.... good advice for Kb and Baz  ;D

{{{Phyl}}} does Maggie like catnip? Maybe a toy with catnip.... oh my the two Lynx!  ;D . sending prayers for a good night's sleep... SED Bob

Eagles, Pretty colorful Capitola Village/Beach buildings... Looks like a fun place to visit, especially the nice sandy beach.  ;D

Good night!

Praying for those who perished today, their families, the rescuers and community

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk's friend Kathleen's family, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3305 on: April 07, 2024, 06:08:32 AM »

Good Morning Everyone. Sunday blessings.

Currently: 42F clear with a   High  76F sunny,  Low 42F

Lani- Maggie's had catnip toy all her life, a sock dog that sits on one of the stair risers .Not so often now. But that gal would snatch it up in
her mouth and roll with it---i shake it while growling.     Cute pup last night   

BL- lynxes are beautiful big cats, luv them and those snowshoes they wear  :o       

Tsk- understood

Eagles- I miss California---post away  ; the California condor (Gymnogyps californianus) nests are interesting and no one post about them. Awesome big raptors and
the longest living in the world at 50 yrs and not pretty to look at.  But impressive 7' wing span to say the least               

Prayers for:     Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley, all those like her and family; Eaglesrock . All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/ 
https://greatergood.com/
https://www.livescience.com/
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #3306 on: April 07, 2024, 06:10:14 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Hatch Fundraiser!
 April 6, 2024  RaptorResource
https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/04/06/hatch-fundraiser/

Welcome to our hatch fundraiser! We know that not everyone who watches can give, but any donation in any amount helps us meet our mission of education, conservation, and research: https://www.raptorresource.org/support-the-raptor-resource-project/make-a-donation/. You are also welcome to join us for chat: https://www.raptorresource.org/birdcams/decorah-north-nest/.

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

#Istandwith Evan

kbshcb

« Reply #3309 on: April 07, 2024, 06:29:03 AM »

This is Ophelia, a white German Shepherd, the story behind is too long for this post...heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time.

eagles4 - yes, I do take care of things, And, responsibilities in life provide meaning. I am it around here. Real and important meaning. Especially after losing the love of my life.

After responsibilities there is time for play...just a little bit of time with Chris and Ollie.

BL - wow, wolverines. Scott used to say the most dangerous animal on planet earth!..

It seems certain it will rain all day today....yah!...my yard product will be watered in from Mother Nature.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #3310 on: April 07, 2024, 07:02:36 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, love the 365, wrens have the prettiest song! Thanks for Amy's Blog! Hope you are feeling a bit better. Ed went to Urgent Care with his shoulder/nerve pain yesterday. They gave him a prescription for prednisone and a shot of something, but he said it hasn't helped. This is from a bicycle crash over 20 years ago, it has flared up for some reason. I hope you get relief today!

Lani, not quite warm enough to work out in the yard here yet but it's coming, maybe this week! I am looking forward to having the windows open!

E4E, love that little resort on the beach! I have been to Canon Beach in Oregon, your picture reminded me of it! Lots of little shops to explore!

tsk, doesn't it feel good when you get a nice sunny day after a few crappy days!

baz, OhMyGoodness what a fall you took! I am glad to hear nothing is broken, but I bet you look like someone beat the crap out of you! You need a few days of rest and ice packs! Did you trip on something? Good Grief!

BL, glad to hear you are all okay!

T40, good videos, still watching them!

oldguy, hope you did well at cards! Thanks for the Iceland update!

SF Bay Ospreys - Rosie and Richmond continue to build on a light pole about 1,000 feet away. This video includes some video and still shots from some Live Chatters for a new perspective. https://youtu.be/Qr_lr6tg_XwWatch live at www.sfbayospreys.org.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 07:24:39 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3311 on: April 07, 2024, 07:38:34 AM »

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING

EAGLES   Capitola  What a colorful place to visit  :)

LANI   I know it is still way too soon here to do much outdoors but some of the non weather related tasks could be done.  I want to transplant 2 hostas out of a fern garden that has taken over but they are not even up yet  ::)   Beautiful coloring on the good night pup.

PHYL  365  I love wrens and had a wren house up in the backyard.  Something chewed the small opening and now it is too big.  :(   Interesting about the planets aligning.

CLYNN  Sorry to hear about Ed's shoulder.  Maybe takes a day or two for injection to work?   My big April project is doing a full cleaning of the 3 season porch.  But has to be over 50 to work out there LOL  We do have rain coming in so they say.    Yes, I'm a different person when the sun is shining   ;) ;)   Thanks for R&R nest building vid.  Very determined and focused  LOL
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #3312 on: April 07, 2024, 09:44:15 AM »

Good Morning Beakers.....Happy Sunday!

BL - Glad to hear that you all are OK.

karen - I am glad the Trempealeau nest is all straight.   ;D  Such drama at the nests! 

Phyl - LOL, hoping for drugs. Thanks for all the links. 

E4E - The weather was cool and windy yesterday, but today is sunny with temps of 58.  It might be a good day to grill.  Love the lil colorful businesses! 

Lani - Awww, sweet good night pic!

kb - Yay, your yard is going to get watered. 

clynn - Pretty pic from Canon Beach.  Did I miss a post from you on why R&R are not on their usual spot?

tsk, tig, Puff and all - Morning  :)

karengramke

« Reply #3313 on: April 07, 2024, 11:30:07 AM »

Good news about the trempealeau nest but tge nest in the same county , in Blair was a continual disaster with injuries to the female, disappearances and finally egg destruction by a raccoon!    Farmers or someone leaving a dead deer near the base if the nest tree attracting many eagles!  Oh my!   I hope this nest is not going to have tge same drama!  Do not know how many of the beakers watched that nest.   Remember MP was there.
Interesting situation with HM and HD.   Lisa posted some good pictures in the Decorah Thread!

Sorry Ed is having shoulder pains  and no relieve from the injection and pills!   
Have you trued Bio Freeze?   Usually a goid short term  fix!  Maybe long enough to bbq!

Spring is in full swing here and today is sunny with a high in the 70’s.

In a few days that will be 80 and soon these highs will take over most of the day and not just for an hour or two, late afternoon!

Have to get ready for the game.  Good luck to Iowa, playing an unbeaten team!  Should be an exciting game!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3314 on: April 07, 2024, 11:33:15 AM »

Sunday Blessings Beakers!
Morning Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl, thank you for posting RRP Hatch Fundraiser! I'll post it again. I'm thankful for the privilege of reading and participating in this forum. It's an honor to give back.
April 6, 2024  RaptorResource
https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/04/06/hatch-fundraiser/

Phyl, I hope you're feeling better today...  sweet singing of the Eurasian Wren.  :-* .. Thanks for Science article, I shared with Mike and Aly.

Kb, beautiful white shepherd.

Clynn, {{{Ed}}} I hope with time, the shot and meds will help.... Wonderful to see Rosie and Richmond building a new nest. Do you know if this light pole is safe?

Tsk, Firewise season is starting next week. Mike is going to Ohio for a week next Sunday. I've got plans to clean the oven, windows, pick up branches and debri in preparation for Firewise time. Our 3 year inspection is May or June. I'm looking forward to it.

Lisa, enjoy your Sunday  :-*

BL, now this I would love to do! ;D
https://twitter.com/i/status/1776864636895166622

No dog ever abandoned its owner because he was old or sick 🙏🐕

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander