Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 308092 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3285 on: April 06, 2024, 01:42:04 PM »

HAPPY CATURDAY BEAKERS! :D

;D

I'm so sorry to hear the update on Mr. T, the MIA Bald Eagle at the Wisconsin nest. Talons crossed for him, and for Mrs. T, incubating alone now.  :-* :-*

Lani, LOL, Bandit takes his stuffed toys to the sofa in Mike's office, and tells Norman he will have to go through Dad to get to them again!  :D :-* :-*

Clynn, love the pics of Bella and Talon!  :-* :-* They have such a great sibling bond, and will always be close. That's so great to see. Talon is a great big brother to Bella. LOL on him test driving the Barbie comb.  ;) :D  Clynn, I double-checked to be sure, and today is Saturday.  ;) ;) ;)

((Phyl)), sorry about your voice. Hang in there, and keep resting and doing what you're doing.

((TSK)), glad you're getting sun today!  :-*

Lisa, will you be visiting with little Sydney anytime soon?

Tig, glad you caught yourself before hitting the ground. Good to get it checked out, but I hope it isn't afib. My Mtns Sis is managing hers ok with meds now.

BL, check in with a report when you can. Hope all is ship shape there and all are okay, and unmoved. Did the rattle rattle Kopje?

OG, good luck at cards tonight!

Karen, I hope Piper is still doing fine after the chocolate bunny affair, and maybe y'all are enjoying a little sun in the yard today. Much warmer temps come back this coming week there!  :)

E4E, are you drying out any yet? Did any water find its way into the garage again? I hope not much, if any.

I haven't felt like walking the last several days. But today looked like a good day for an upright walk in the chilly sun. About a half block from home, I ran into a neighbor walking her sweet German Shorthair, Birdie, and she had another German Shorthair with her too, who I hadn't seen before. So I stopped to chat with her and get a good hug with Birdie, and remark on the other dog. She sometimes walks another person's Boxer, so I thought she might be walking a friend's dog today, too. It turned out she adopted the 2nd German Shorthair with her just yesterday afternoon, as a rescue in SC. Her Birdie was a rescue, too, a little over 2 years ago. Early indications all are getting along well. The new rescue, Dottie, hit the jackpot. Her new "Mommy" is the best doggy-mom! I loved on both pooches for a bit, and then turned to continue my walk, after checking my mail, as I was right beside our mail bldg. Then I walked maybe 15 steps, and kerplunk! My upright walk took a sudden flying 90-degree rotation, and I landed cheekbone side down on the sidewalk. It took me a minute to get limbs right and get up. Got an unplanned heavy duty exfoliation of knees, heels of palms, cheekbone, cheek, and eyebrow bone. Three middle fingers on my non-dominant right hand work, but don't want to - they suffered a wild test of mobility. No, they aren't supposed to bend in that direction. My middle finger looks like it was recently attached from a much larger person. Those 3 middle fingers still work, but not well. One cheek looks like I don't know how to blend in a heavy dose of rouge, and that I mis-applied a dose of brown and purple eyeshadow in places where it isn't supposed to be. My skull took a licking on the side above my temple, and gave me a nasty headache. After I got myself upright, I walked home to take anti-inflammatories right away. My headache is already way better. A couple of finger tendons seem to have been over-stressed, and I have a fresh batch of scrapes and bruises, liberally distributed, but nothing seems broken. Maybe I will walk later. After all, the impact resistant sunglasses I was wearing passed their test!  ::)
 We'll see.  ::) 8)

Reminder of Men's Final Four games: NC State men v Purdue at 6p, Eastern today. Then UCONN men v Alabama play afterward. The winners of those 2 games will play each other for the whole banana Monday night. Go State!
  ;D

Later, Gators! Stay upright when it's called for and if at all possible.  8)

« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 01:57:00 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3287 on: April 06, 2024, 02:22:00 PM »

some bounce
Back inside, safe.
TSK... these are annoying cones... about the size of your thumbnail. I'll find out next Friday about the monitor vs. showering and swimming. That is IF Medicare approves.
BAZ... I have AFib. The monitor is to determine whether I'm
having "breakthroughs" when I don't realize it... during sleep.
I'm now watching our MN Golden Gopher women BB in the WNIT championship game!
KB... I vote boulders... if you can find some inexpensive
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #3288 on: April 06, 2024, 02:43:49 PM »

Tig - everyone from sis to neighbors concur with you.

I'll have to check boulders out...and not so expensive.

oldguy

« Reply #3289 on: April 06, 2024, 03:07:21 PM »

KB - here is a website with some good info and general pricing...  This is general for US - since most of Minn. has them popping out of the ground every spring - cost may be less..
https://www.angi.com/articles/landscape-boulder-cost.htm   

Contact a local landscaping Co. for exact info
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

oldguy

« Reply #3290 on: April 06, 2024, 03:20:03 PM »

Good news out of N.J. today on the houses that had earthquake damage.
Newark homes deemed structural safe after damage in NJ earthquake   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0oszEyw42Y

Iceland Volcano Eruption Update   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54f2XUPa3e8
New Footage From Above The Volcano!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CNMWuYEuqs

After 8 Years, My Cats Finally Understand Human Speech! (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sTGihnuUHI

UNDERSTANDING CAT MATH - Caturday Film Club   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VjLxW33bx4
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

kbshcb

« Reply #3291 on: April 06, 2024, 03:43:23 PM »

KB - here is a website with some good info and general pricing...  This is general for US - since most of Minn. has them popping out of the ground every spring - cost may be less..
https://www.angi.com/articles/landscape-boulder-cost.htm   

Contact a local landscaping Co. for exact info

Thanks much, oldguy. Will do...saved.

They are blasting their outdoor music at the moment......grr. So much I can hear it inside my closed up house with my own tv on loud.

LisaG1967

« Reply #3292 on: April 06, 2024, 04:20:31 PM »

Lani - {{Norman and Sadie}}  Kitty videos, funny!

kb - Sorry about your fencing!

baz - Oh no, I hope you are OK!  That sounds like a bad fall. 

T40 - Thanks for the videos!

Good night, everyone!

BrokenLug

« Reply #3293 on: April 06, 2024, 05:04:15 PM »

HAPPY CATURDAY BEAKERS! :D
BL, check in with a report when you can. Hope all is ship shape there and all are okay, and unmoved. Did the rattle rattle Kopje?

Pip, Kopje and I are just fine. Thank you all for the Beaker concern.  8)

In fact we didn't feel a thing as we were driving north on the NYS Thruway at 70 mph at the time the 4.8 hit.

We called our 'critter sitter' back at the abode as soon as we heard the news on the radio.
She said it rattled some dishes and a few pictures are askew but other than that all is A-OK at home.   8)

It did freak her out a bit at 1st, but she lived in CA for a few years and quickly realized that it was an earthquake.   
She also said that some of the critters "wigged out" right before the shaking began and for a little while after .. they all settled down shortly after the shaking ended she said.    :-* :-*

The mag 4.8 quake originated about 42 miles SW of us on the Ramapo Fault.
That same fault line runs only a few miles west of our home so we are very glad the Magnitude wasn't higher and the epicenter wasn't that close to us.

Most importantly no one was hurt and there was no serious infrastructure damage reported in the Tri-State area that we have heard of.

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/?extent=40.19776,-75.72601&extent=41.27987,-73.08929&range=week&magnitude=all&sort=largest&listOnlyShown=true&showPlateBoundaries=false&baseLayer=street

Baz now will you please stop trying to beat up on that asphalt with your face .. what did it do to you anyway?   ;)
Don't make us send Lani's Mike over there to school you on asphalt abuse.   ;)

Seriously hope you are okay.   :-*
Perhaps a glash of wine is in order for the NCAA Games ?    ;)
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #3294 on: April 06, 2024, 05:38:24 PM »

Kb we live just south of the Rockland County, NY line.

They are still giving away big landscaping fence defense boulders for free .. well since the last Ice Age anyway.

The Amazon Drone shipping and placement cost is the rub ..

Not to mention it's highly inaccurate and has been known to damage unruly neighbors vans and barbecues.   ;D

Unless you use Amazon Prime Drone Delivery (APDD) of course .. which I would opt out of if I was you .  ;)   :P

All deer, trees and fence must stay.

There are so many critters amongst us all that enrich Pip and I Karen.

Many that own us.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 07:37:36 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

karengramke

« Reply #3295 on: April 06, 2024, 06:02:28 PM »

BL. Glad to hear all is good  with you and yours!   What kind of critters to you have and, how many!?   Good advice for Baz!
Kb, If that land was my little piece of Paradise, I would get the boulders and inter plant them with Yucca plants!   Might consider yuccas as rabbit fencing!
Lisa, I am finally clear on the Trempealeau nest , I think!
Posted in that new thread!   We have seen a one parent  deal in decorah and swfl but the eaglets were older than this little fluff ball.

((( phyll, Baz, Tig))).    Feel better soon!

Clynn, good pictuRES .  I DO NOT KNOW HOW I GOT ALL CAPS TO STAY,   BBL.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 08:57:49 PM by karengramke »

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3296 on: April 06, 2024, 06:09:32 PM »

Lots of good Caturdays gang!

Lani- in the past I've gotten a bottle essential oils from Aveda.com  ---the Bergamot . Think I'll check their selection again. Poor Sadie and her toys , she
knows to trust them to Mike, that's sweet. Have wondered about getting a stuffed toy for Maggie, might be interesting to see what she does w/ it.

CLynn- luv the cat straddling the venetian blinds; Sam and Sophie in the window, I bet they're noticed. Luv snaps of the Munchkins, looks like  Talon/Bella have a
good relationship

KB- thanks for the blue footed Boobie-has been a while; that 'happy' dog LOL; your weed preventer---'Preen" ?  Bouders  ;)

Tsk-sweet Caturday this Am; It's been 6 yrs since my cervical spine surgery, if I'm ever gonna get back to walking for exercise--otta be this year, eh?
Don;'t over due. Gosh I need to get out and do the 'yard thing'. Neither of us has the gumption.

Tig- heart monitor would be in order, relieved you didn't fall

Lisa- cute Caturday---I hoping for 'drugs'  come Monday. LOL

Puff- Lani- hoping the Trempealeau nest will be fine, sharing concerns

Lani- Sylvester & Tweetie bird LOL He never did catch Tweetie; tks for Trempealeau's candle9 did one here)  the nest is gonna need it.   Mike has his 'smell' I have
read that's true for some folks; enjoyed cat vids

Baz- bubble wrap  ;)   ; cute Caturday; I woke myself up at 4am coughing violently albeit not in vain sure was a strain.

BL- glad you checked in

OG- hopefully a good card game tonight; glad for good news from NJ & EQ; Understanding Cat Math, LOL

T40- thanks .  Some really good videos for today. LOL

Karen-  thanks; how are you & Piper these days?

Hope I didn't miss anything--- :-\
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 06:20:59 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #3297 on: April 06, 2024, 06:10:34 PM »

Two Lynx in Ontario Have Intense Conversation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaXmIPHrHmY

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #3298 on: April 06, 2024, 06:21:47 PM »

Good Night Everyone...SEDs.  🙏 's     

#Istandwith Evan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3299 on: April 06, 2024, 07:39:28 PM »

KB  The boulders would not have to be touching but maybe 6"-12" apart?

OH BAZI  It sounds terrible but you tell it in such a humorous way...DID YOU ice your hand??  Stick the whole hand in a bowl of ice water for about 5-10 min?   Ice pack on the side of your head?  Did you trip? 

T40   Loved the reaction to cat kisses  LOL   Hefty Dog getting into the space with the 2 cats  ;D   I think my cat is broken  LOL

BL  Good report on your NJ abode while you were away.

PHYL   the outdoors activity today was only activated because of the sunshine and 50 degree temps - It was energy day.  We've been in dreary weather for days so it was good today.
Chicagoland