Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 300382 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3240 on: April 05, 2024, 10:52:03 AM »

oldguy - Thanks for the info.

Lani - Hope it's Iris!

clynn - Thanks for the video.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3241 on: April 05, 2024, 11:04:00 AM »

Good Morning and tgif! 
Earthquake in NYC!  4.8 and really shook some walls!  Did you feel it BL?
58 degrees going to the low  70’s.
Colorful morning pictures Clynn!  Bbl

Heard about this on FNC right after it occurred. FNC did a 'Breaking News".  USGS stated while rare occurrence, not uncommon.

Bringing back memories from Southern Calif.  living on the San Andreas Fault and Joplin, MO on the New Madrid Fault.
Recalling   from  childhood and adulthood,   in school n a classroom  and crawling for cover underneath my desk. And,  teacher's assistant in Kindergarten;  running errands in town--being knocked to my feet in stores  with stocked shelves  toppling goods to the floor ; in parking lots , trying to hold on to anything stable.   Seeing the concrete based high ways and interstates roll like the waves in the Pacific ocean --- watching parked vehicles sway from side to side like baby elephants at play; awakened from a sound sleep , sitting straight up in bed holding onto the mattress because the magnitude was so strong one couldn't stand or move.

Yes if BL was at home in the area he would have felt it for sure.
 Hoping that BL and all in immediate area are well and property is un damaged---at least not seriously.
Take care everyone. Praying and thinking about you.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

karengramke

« Reply #3242 on: April 05, 2024, 11:19:24 AM »

You can enlarge the picture on an ipad but the eyes look blurry as they get larger.  Clynn, try it on your phone!
Lisa, I have not looked but, has rrp said anything about  the missing Mr, T at the new camera Wisconsin nest?   Nothing on the cam site.   Since it is on private property I thought the owners might have a clue! 
A brief history lesson I found interesting:  stewardsumrrorg.   Sorry you cannot click on it but you can google it!
Phyll, ALL the networks broadcasted the earthquake as breaking news!   It also flashed on computers!
You

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #3243 on: April 05, 2024, 11:21:55 AM »

From this morning... Hellgate Osprey cam
Visitor or... Iris? That is her favorite perch :) We 💜 you Iris!!  Talons crossed Lani & all!!

Below is Iris from 2022... I hope you are home sweet girl!!!

« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 11:24:05 AM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #3244 on: April 05, 2024, 11:40:58 AM »

Have a beautiful day Lani, Tig, Clynn, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, E4E, KB, Bazi, pink, Blschue, T40, Lilbro, BL,  Nora, Jaspurr, Phyl, EBURG, Karen, Jilltosa, Peep, Puff, Ssrl, Mass, Ezee,  MpMom, Godiva, Ginger, Oma, Weasel, Maxie, Lindy, Nanimal, Emyrauld, Nrstooge, Ruby, Paulie, F22Raptor, the Cheers group & ALL of you special eagle lovers!
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3245 on: April 05, 2024, 12:03:39 PM »

Lani, I can't tell if it's Iris, we need a good close-up so we can see her eyes! I am praying that Louis keeps to himself this year, we so need babies at this nest. I found this video for you from 2014 when the nest was full!   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uCu7WT3r8Y

such good memories  :-*
I don't want to cry for another lonely year for her.
Praying for a mate ASAP!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3246 on: April 05, 2024, 12:08:48 PM »

LISA   LOL  No I think it is further north on the drive than when you turn west.  ;) ;)

KAREN  Heard that on the news in the car about the earthquake.  Thousand of earthquakes happen everyday on this planet to varying degree of magnitude and generally they get recognized if over 5.0 said the reporter.

LANI   It has to be Iris as the timing is perfect as to when to expect her.  Let's hope.

LORI   Cute Friday pics  ;D
Chicagoland

Lani

« Reply #3247 on: April 05, 2024, 12:11:07 PM »

From this morning... Hellgate Osprey cam
Visitor or... Iris? That is her favorite perch :) We 💜 you Iris!!  Talons crossed Lani & all!!

Below is Iris from 2022... I hope you are home sweet girl!!!

When I think of you sweet girl "Iris" :-*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGoEJyV7Snw
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #3248 on: April 05, 2024, 12:13:43 PM »

TGIF Beakers!
Morning Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Praying no injuries or damage from the earthquake   🙏

Lori, I pray it is Iris and a new mate will soon follow!  🙏

Lisa, I pray Mr T. returns to the nest   🙏

Tsk, yes, he's home, tired, but home.  :) ... keeping your family in our thoughts and hearts too.

Kb, we have problems even with our cable lines underground. Just last week APS was digging to do repairs on powerline and tore cable line too. And it was marked. Our power was down for a couple of hours. While two companies made repairs.... Elephant looks like its in a rush, places to go, ellies to see.

Clynn, the cups pic would make a great puzzle.... {{{Ed }}} feel better soon 🙏 ... so many interesting places to see in Utah. Newspaper Rock is a must.

{{{Puff}}}  for you and your memories. Here Keali sings of the love and memories of his mother and all he holds dear to his heart.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjLR1NmbF7Q

Baz, {{{Pete Seeger}}} it'll be a good weekend for basketball.

{{{Phyl}}} I hope all goes well at appt.... It will be interesting to see if NASA gets the info they're hoping for.... a little chamomile and lavender diffuser oil in the air may help comfort. Or even in tea form... spring is in the air on today's nature vid  ;D ....

He Lei No 'Aulani by Kealii Reichel a lauded musician and kumu hula. I have his cds, especially his chants.. He wrote of a person that is welcoming, that opens themselves up to the people of islands that encompass all differences of each districts of the islands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg9GUoby69k&t=183s

Lani

« Reply #3249 on: April 05, 2024, 12:30:17 PM »

Lani, I can't tell if it's Iris, we need a good close-up so we can see her eyes! I am praying that Louis keeps to himself this year, we so need babies at this nest. I found this video for you from 2014 when the nest was full!   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uCu7WT3r8Y

Hellgate just confirmed it's her!

TOUCHDOWN--04/05, 06:53
QUEEN IRIS has returned!

Rejoice #CHOWS---- Let the season begin!
#BeAnIris
#HellgateOsprey https://t.co/4nQhfWtUxE https://twitter.com/HellgateOsprey/sta.

oldguy

« Reply #3250 on: April 05, 2024, 12:40:38 PM »

Here is a geologist breakdown of today's earthquake - he has been active in reporting on the Iceland volcanoes as well.
New York City Metro Region Rattled by Quake   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmWD581Egos
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #3251 on: April 05, 2024, 01:28:12 PM »

Lani, YEAH! Welcome home our dear Iris!   Now be nice to the handsome osprey guy and tell Louis to take a hike!
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

karengramke

« Reply #3252 on: April 05, 2024, 01:45:55 PM »

Lol, Clynn!  Exactly!

Thanks Old Guy!
Found out that  Sams is now carrying decaf coffee pods.  It is Members Mark and I will tell you how it tastes when I start on the box!   Cheaper than the small boxes of .starbucks from Publix, so I was pleases!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 02:22:29 PM by karengramke »

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #3253 on: April 05, 2024, 03:28:07 PM »

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #3254 on: April 05, 2024, 04:18:39 PM »

HAPPY FRIDAY!  :D

The 2 Women's Final Four games are tonight, on ESPN.  The NC State women will play SC at 7pm (Eastern times).  The Iowa women (with phenom Caitlin Clark, who won the women's Naismith Trophy yesterday) plays UCONN after the NC State game, or around 9pm (Eastern). The winners of those 2 womens games will play each other for the Women's NCAA Basketball Championship, on Sunday at 5pm (Eastern time), which will air both on the ABC network, and on ESPN, with different people calling the game on the 2 different channels, so take your pick.  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVX93-p69Pk

The 2 Men's NCAA Final Four games will be played on Saturday. The NC State men will play Purdue at 6pm (Eastern), and the UCONN men will play Alabama afterward, around 8:30pm (Eastern). Both of those games will air on 3 different TV channels - TBS, TNT, and TruTV. The winners will play each other on Monday for the Men's NCAA Championship title at 9p (Eastern), also on all 3 channels, TBS, TNT, and TruTV.

My 4 twin "greats" and their dad went to visit at the home of my LGN and Baby Bro and family one afternoon/evening this week. So all those 1st cousin kids got to spend some time playing together there. They had a ball.  :) The next day (yesterday), they all rode Amtrak from DC to Baltimore and went to the Baltimore Aquarium together, and had a great time! Then they also spent some time relaxing, sightseeing, and getting a bite to eat at Baltimore's Inner Harbor. Fun times.  :)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 11:57:49 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center