Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 308139 times)

Puff

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3180 on: April 03, 2024, 05:23:01 PM »

Thanks Phyl for your post in Beak Forum for After The Fledge.  All notice is appreciated by RRP.

P

karengramke

« Reply #3181 on: April 03, 2024, 05:52:56 PM »

The PCH is a wonderful experience as is the Blue Ridge  Parkway , Lake Shore Drive. Etc!    I think they will need several cases of Gorilla Glue and a good engineer to repair the PCH.
Piper stayed in the house until 1 pm today!   Said it was too wet!   Been out several times since as it has turned into a pretty, sunny, low humidity day!   Temps are lower as well!   Sorry For all who. Got slammed by the storm!

The picture of tge .North nest is interesting as I always think of it being at the edge of a cow pasture!   Maybe it is!

Shunks. Are beautiful little animals!  My understanding  is that they only spray if alarmed pr scared!  lisa,  You can start going out with food and talking to Pepe while you put it down!    Gradually he will come running to you!   Lol
Thats. Enough fun for one  day!   All be safe, well and seds.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3182 on: April 03, 2024, 06:26:47 PM »

KB  That was so cute  " sniff, sniff, sniff" all good - onward  LOL   Wow  Watching that lady was awful.  Hope she wasn't hurt. :o

BAZI   Love all those "teeth missing smiles" on the twins   ;D ;D  Such a cute pic with Grandma :) and the Capitol bldg.

BL  Thanks.  I thought I  had heard before it was very near the Mn border.. Guess it's easier to call it Decorah than Winneshiek :-\ ;)
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3183 on: April 03, 2024, 11:31:32 PM »

I checked in on the nests this morning - Sometimes it just ain't easy being an eagle.   :(

What would really be great is a weekend stay at the Big Sur Lodge.

IMHO because I've done both - There's a lot of mention about the Cliffs of Moher/Ring of Kerry sights down the west coast of Ireland.  It is a must ride when you're there.  But - #1 has got to be Big Sur and the PCH/Pacific Coast Highway.   

P

Puff, I checked out both places you suggested. The Cliffs of Moher is stunning. I think I remember Aly mentioned seeing it on her trip to Dublin in the late 90's. She stayed with a college friend whose family had a pub in Dublin.  ;D

Hi Lani - I wish I could share the full experience.  The rest of the two views would help.  For sure you got the effect of the high, huge, long expanse.  What you don't see causes me to opt for PCH.  Behind the cliffs there is not much to see.  There are roads perpendicular to the cliffs and ocean front, maybe 1/2 mile drive in. It's open full fields of flat grass.  In CA there are roads right along the side, green foilage and plants and huge forests of high/beautiful trees, sometime even cattle grazing by PCH.  Let me mention too houses, restaurants, golf courses, beaches (hard to get to, but surfers at the bottom?), the sound of the crashing waves.  The overall special effects add the extra punch.  I'll always try to get any of my clients going to or thru CA to spend a day on the oceanfront if they've never had the experience.

P   

Puff, It sounds like a little bit of heaven.  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3184 on: April 03, 2024, 11:41:07 PM »

Safe night for Karen, Piper, Lisa, Tsk, Puff, Eagles, BL, and All

{{{Phyl, Jim, Miss Maggie}}} I hope you feel better.

Good night!

Dad Goose is on alert with mom ;D

Snow is gone, a better night for Decorah North :-*

Praying for those who perished today, their families, the rescuers and community

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eaglesrock, Tsk's friend Maureen, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #3185 on: April 03, 2024, 11:47:32 PM »

Bl - Always love Santana!   Thanks for explaining the area of DNN  :)

Lani - No, I have not stayed at the Big Sur Lodge, but we have stayed in a cabin at Pfeiffer State Park and I have a family history of camping at Big Sur.  My Dad & Mom took us kids camping in Big Sur when we were young, and then later, I took my kids camping to the same areas. Wonderful memories!
Like the Mother Goose pics - thank you!

Puff - You are correct about the Big Sur area and the Pacific Coast Hwy - so beautiful!

Clynn - A few days ago there was part of the roadway that slipped down into the ocean and now a lot of places in Big Sur can't be visited as they've had to close the road.  The ground is soaked from the recent rains.
I too, have wondered how far the Decorah nests are from Decorah North nest!   Beautiful Upper Iowa River pics!

Phyl - Good you got a little more sleep.  Hope you feel better soon.  Thanks for Amy's blog and all the links!

Tsk - Yes, it was nice that my sis got a little break.  She had a few errands to run, so it was just my Mom and I for a few hours!

Karen - Hope you & Piper stay safe in your weather situation.

Og - Great footage on the slides here in CA!

LisaG - Beautiful pic @ Trempealeau nest - sweet little one!!

Kb - Wow that was a windy walk you & Ollie had this morning!

Baz - What fun for your 'Greats'!!  Great pics!!

Beakers have a good night - SEDs  :)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3186 on: April 04, 2024, 06:01:25 AM »

Good Morning Everyone....

Currently: 53F cloudy  High  54F light rain sunny,  Low 40F

Jim's taking me to 'The Little Clinic' on Friday.

Prayers for: Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley, all those like her and family; Eaglesrock . All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/ 
https://greatergood.com/
https://www.livescience.com/

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #3188 on: April 04, 2024, 06:03:16 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Eaglet Growth and Development, Week Two
 April 3, 2024  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/04/03/eaglet-growth-and-development-week-two/

We’re writing a series of blogs about the first few weeks of an eaglet’s life. An eaglet spends roughly 75 to 80 days in the nest. For about the first half, it grows and gains weight. For about the second half, it grows flight feathers and starts developing the skills it will need post-fledge. We will focus on week two in this blog.

I just now realized that I used the wrong coding for my link.  ::) :P   As you can see, it's been correcterd.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 11:12:25 AM by Phyl »

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #3189 on: April 04, 2024, 06:04:38 AM »

March 5, 2024

One of our resident squirrels came up about 4:31 pm for a quick meal. There was Dad #2
 (offspring CR #49)     standing guard over his nest. I know a cell phone isn't the photo quality matching that
of a high quality professional camera or a research nest cam. We're just a common 'mom and pop' nature loving couple
that were blessed 22 years ago with a pair of human loving wild bluebirds that through the generations have chosen to nest
in our nesting boxes repeatedly for some mysterious reason.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 06:21:50 AM by Phyl »

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #3190 on: April 04, 2024, 06:06:06 AM »

March 26 2024

Mom, CR#44 ,taking a break about 4:33pm, from, what we later discovered incubating five eggs . Sorry. We were late / missed getting snaps of eggs. A lot going on

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #3191 on: April 04, 2024, 06:06:54 AM »

March 26, 2924

Dad #2, keeping guard of his nest and 'kids'.

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #3192 on: April 04, 2024, 06:08:59 AM »

March 26, 2024

The kids ... took a peek in them about 11:35 pm...
looks like we have four to start off the 2024 nesting season.
We're looking at future Cane Ridge #61, 62, 63, 64.
Welcome to The World!

Hopefully, this weekend we can get another snap of 'the kids'.

#Istandwith Evan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3193 on: April 04, 2024, 06:48:08 AM »

PHYL    LOLOL  Restless  "egg syndrome"   Pasque flowers beautiful 365   Great shot of the squirrel and bluebird this AM.  What a sweet nest photo too.  :)

More light rain and snow today high 41
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #3194 on: April 04, 2024, 06:54:58 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

tsk, more snow? So I looked at TWC radar, it's coming from the northeast. Lake effect snow? We are having sun today...

Phyl, awww, you have babies again! Good pictures! Do you have two Bluebird nest boxes? The squirrel is keeping watch!  The Pasque flowers are very pretty, I have crocus and a couple of hyacinths. Glad to hear Jim is taking you to the Clinic, are you feeling any better? 31 here now, high 54 today, not as windy as yesterday!

E4E, wow, is there only one way into Big Sur? That doesn't look like a very easy road fix!

Lani, love the good night pics from Decorah and North, they look so peaceful... And the pic of the snow and the North Nest, it's a good one. Love those eagles!

karen, I have been to the Pacific Coast Highway, the Blue Ridge Parkway and Lake Shore Drive! All are beautiful! Lake Shore Drive (LSD) always reminds me of this song:  https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube%20lake%20shore%20drive%20jeremiah%20videos&FORM=VDRVRV&mid=DEB8018EAB0DFD884FD4DEB8018EAB0DFD884FD4&view=detail&ru=%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dyoutube%20lake%20shore%20drive%20jeremiah&ajaxhist=0

BL, have you been to the North Nest or have you located it via your wizardry with maps? I can visualize you searching for it online...

baz, great family pictures! Enjoy seeing the twins and twins and Lil; Punkin and Baby Bro!  They are all growing up so fast, just like Talon and Bella!

Aerial View of Monument Valley

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown