Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 308138 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3165 on: April 03, 2024, 09:07:14 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

karen - I hope you are out of the woods with that weather.  It looks like we are to get some storms between 12:45 and 3pm. 

tsk -Cute morning greeting.  There is a new eaglet this morning at RRP's Trempealeau nest.

((Phyl)) - I hope you decide to go to doctor, and get checked out to see what is going on.
Thanks for the links, even tho you do not need to when you are feeling bad. 

clynn - Pretty last pic with the flowers and fruit.   I have a feeling that the North nest isn't as close to Decorah as one might think.  The weather sure seems different at times. 

Puff - I agree not a good day to be any birdy in Decorah.

Lani - Good pics from the Deocrah nests.   

E4E - Glad that you had a nice day with your mom.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3166 on: April 03, 2024, 09:40:21 AM »

I checked in on the nests this morning - Sometimes it just ain't easy being an eagle.   :(

What would really be great is a weekend stay at the Big Sur Lodge.

IMHO because I've done both - There's a lot of mention about the Cliffs of Moher/Ring of Kerry sights down the west coast of Ireland.  It is a must ride when you're there.  But - #1 has got to be Big Sur and the PCH/Pacific Coast Highway.   

P

Puff, I checked out both places you suggested. The Cliffs of Moher is stunning. I think I remember Aly mentioned seeing it on her trip to Dublin in the late 90's. She stayed with a college friend whose family had a pub in Dublin.  ;D

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #3167 on: April 03, 2024, 09:50:01 AM »

{{{Phyl}}} feel better soon.  :) Thanks for RRP blog with pics. Bless Decorah North and egglets.  :-* Very intense pic and update from Mother goose in N2B nest, Looks like we got a crazy Wanda intruder goose wanting to lay her eggs in someone else's nest. Sorry MG lost another egg.... geez.  :-\ .. The same thing happened years ago at the Eaglecrest gooseland.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #3168 on: April 03, 2024, 10:07:32 AM »

Decorah Mother Goose tucks her 6 eggs in before leaving for a swim below photos by Oliver Case

Clynn, 6 eggs at N1

Thanks Oldguy, hopefully repairs to Highway 1 can be made quickly.

Lisa, sweet newbie at Trempealeau nest. I see there's a thread for this new nest now.

{{{Karen, Piper, Lisa and All}}} in harm's way of storms.

Reminder: Posted this weekend.  "There are appropriate places for political opinion, but nowhere in RRP's Forum is it appropriate to express them!"  "Climate Change" included. Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 02:07:27 PM by Lani »

Lani

« Reply #3169 on: April 03, 2024, 10:51:57 AM »

Sweet friends

https://twitter.com/i/status/1775189434759037180

Mei the sea otter handing back the seashells with kind of "kisses" before returning them.
[📹 Toba Aquarium]

https://twitter.com/i/status/1775504890904625560

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3170 on: April 03, 2024, 11:28:36 AM »

OLDGUY    My friends in the UP are really getting dumped on.  Power out in some areas.   Thanks for the North nest perspective to the Hatchery nests.  Now I know what the term "slip-out" means. US1 That is the trouble with not having an alternate way around the problem.  How on earth do you fix something like that?

KAREN   Good news so far on your weather.  :)

LISA   Hey, Just when Amy predicted a hatch, there is T1? at Trempealeau  ;D

LANI   Peg and Molly.  How unusual is that?  Think the dog expected the crow? to fetch the ball  LOL   Oh Gosh  I watched Mei a couple times to see how those shells were stored on her belly  LOLOL  How cute was that.  ;D
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #3171 on: April 03, 2024, 11:53:10 AM »

tsk - Good prediction from Amy  :D

Lani - I saw the thread this morning when I looked to post the pic.   :)  Great pics of Mother Goose's eggs. 

kbshcb

« Reply #3172 on: April 03, 2024, 12:03:30 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1774313172817641661

this reminded me of Lisa!...how is your skunk situation these days?

Lani - loved the dog and bird vid.....there are so many cute animal videos on X...

Well, I took a walk with Ollie man during wind gusts up to 40mph....was worried I might end up like the lady in Kentucky!...all is well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbA9wzors9k

I have loved that Big Sur Highway 1 trip....made it many times.

Tapping my fingers and waiting patiently for even average spring temps to return, LOL

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #3174 on: April 03, 2024, 01:23:54 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

I hope everyone in the path of the stormy weather, be it rain, hail, wind, or snow, stay alert and safe!

My twin "greats" are having a good time visiting sights in DC this week, and dodging the rain and storms as much as they can. They've been caught by some downpours several days. Over the last couple of days, they have visited some of the Smithsonian museums, and have spent time visiting some of the memorials and monuments along and around The Mall.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 04:03:23 AM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

« Reply #3175 on: April 03, 2024, 01:58:55 PM »

Happy pics Baz!

Tsk, very unusual and heartwarming friendship between Peggy and Molly.

Kb, oh my goodness, family of Pepes are adorable, yet at the same time it's YIKES!!  :o ... I hope the woman in Kentucky is okay!

I took this pic of DN nest rocking and Dad North is keeping close eye from a distance. {{{Decorah North mom and babies}}}

LisaG1967

« Reply #3176 on: April 03, 2024, 02:40:51 PM »

kb -  Oh, I don't know if I would let Pepe' and family get that close to me.   ;D

baz - One of my favorite field trips to go on with Bradley when he was in 2nd grade, and also took my Mama to the Natural History Museum when she visited years ago.  Looks like everyone is having a great time. 

Lani - One of my favorite views from the DNN cam..nest and love tree!

Puff

« Reply #3177 on: April 03, 2024, 03:08:24 PM »

I checked in on the nests this morning - Sometimes it just ain't easy being an eagle.   :(

What would really be great is a weekend stay at the Big Sur Lodge.

IMHO because I've done both - There's a lot of mention about the Cliffs of Moher/Ring of Kerry sights down the west coast of Ireland.  It is a must ride when you're there.  But - #1 has got to be Big Sur and the PCH/Pacific Coast Highway.   

P

Puff, I checked out both places you suggested. The Cliffs of Moher is stunning. I think I remember Aly mentioned seeing it on her trip to Dublin in the late 90's. She stayed with a college friend whose family had a pub in Dublin.  ;D

Hi Lani - I wish I could share the full experience.  The rest of the two views would help.  For sure you got the effect of the high, huge, long expanse.  What you don't see causes me to opt for PCH.  Behind the cliffs there is not much to see.  There are roads perpendicular to the cliffs and ocean front, maybe 1/2 mile drive in. It's open full fields of flat grass.  In CA there are roads right along the side, green foilage and plants and huge forests of high/beautiful trees, sometime even cattle grazing by PCH.  Let me mention too houses, restaurants, golf courses, beaches (hard to get to, but surfers at the bottom?), the sound of the crashing waves.  The overall special effects add the extra punch.  I'll always try to get any of my clients going to or thru CA to spend a day on the oceanfront if they've never had the experience.

P     

BrokenLug

« Reply #3178 on: April 03, 2024, 03:53:30 PM »

For those wondering how far north the North Nest is from the hatchery it's about 8/10 of a mile south of the MN/IA state line. So it's definitely not within Decorah city limits and it"s just inside of Winneshiek County,IA.   :)
U. S. A.

LisaG1967

« Reply #3179 on: April 03, 2024, 04:32:04 PM »

Have a good night, everyone  :)