Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 300378 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3210 on: April 04, 2024, 02:27:49 PM »

Tsk, think there may be a drive similar to lsd in Milwaukee or Northern suburbs.  Had a college friend from Theinsvilke and one from a. Tiny  town  north of there.  Don’t remember the name of it and a google search did not bring it up!   Pretty drive with lovely homes on the lake!    The flight into  Chicago is fabulous!   There is also a flight into  DC   That is beautiful. At night!

E23 is still coming home at night and waiting for M to bring breakfast!   He chases a SA out of the nest tree the  other day!  Got help from Dad!   In a way I wish they would band the kids as it could well be some of tgem are  famiky!  Who is to know!

Bl, you are quite the outdoor traveling man!   Would love some of tgat fresh trout!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #3211 on: April 04, 2024, 04:47:00 PM »

Phyl, oh those little North babies! Looks like a big piece of fur next to them in the nest! Maybe they can cuddle with it!

Lani, Ed is back to normal, I told him thank goodness, I was almost out of underwear!  ::) Suzie Wong's Chinese Laundry was closed while he was sick but it's up and running again! Love the duck in the marathon, glad he got a medal!

BL, wow, and you recognized the area around the North Nest! You have a very good memory! I wonder if your fishing spot is stocked by the Decorah Hatchery? Oh, and is your age a secret or can you tell us how old you are? You don't have to say if you don't want to... just curious, you seem young. Must be because you are always off exploring somewhere!

tsk, what does the Du Sable mean, and I wonder why they would just stick it on Lake Shore Drive? Sounds kind of dufus! There must have been a new street somewhere they could have named Du Sable Drive instead of messing with a long-lived tradition.  I found this, is there even more to the name?
Lake Shore Drive will now henceforth be known as Jean Baptiste Point DuSable Lake Shore Drive!  It’s happened, folks. Chicago’s beloved Lake Shore Drive has a new name. 17 miles of outer Lake Shore Drive from Hollywood Avenue to East 67th Street will now be known as Jean Baptiste Point DuSable Lake Shore Drive in honor of the first non-Indigenous settler of Chicago.

kb, kind of the same thing with my Mom, her internet was so slow (rural) and when they came they said her modem was old. They installed a new one and the internet is zipping!

karen, I have flown into Chicago several times, it is a beautiful sight! Didn't there used to be a little airport that was on the water? Migs Field I think it was called. Is it even still there?  I have also taken the Amtrack from Springfield to Chicago 3 Times, loved it!

Puff, good memories of Chicago! I think Becky and Jennifer lived there when the two 90 degree curves were modified, I bet that was a mess...

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #3212 on: April 04, 2024, 04:56:10 PM »

Clynn - um a modem or router is different than the cable to the house. We mistakenly already paid for a new modem and router....spendy, but the problem was the outdoor cable to the house...not rural but urban.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3213 on: April 04, 2024, 04:59:33 PM »

Clynn, So glad to hear Ed is back to normal. And Suzie Wong's Chinese Laundry is back up and running again! LOL!...  Gorgeous pic of CC! The game isn't until tomorrow night.

Karen, thanks for SWFL update. I wish they would band the eaglets too. That sub adult may be one of Harriet's and it would be wonderful to know a part of her continues to return!

awww thanks Kb, Mike is at the airport and ready for the return flight home. Hopefully, his business went well. Glad to hear the cable situation was resolved. Done! All the cable lines here are underground now. 
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 08:45:34 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #3214 on: April 04, 2024, 05:14:11 PM »

tsk - I love the smell of Lavender, too.  Glad to hear that you did not get any snow.  I thought we were done with the rain, but it started again this afternoon. 

Lani - Aww, that duck is adorable. 

BL - How cool that you noticed the terrain right away when DNN cams came on live!

kb - Glad you got your internet/cable fixed. 

karen - Thanks for SWFL update.

clynn - Suzie Wong's Chinese Laundry  ;D  Glad to hear that Ed is feeling better.

Good night, everyone!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3215 on: April 04, 2024, 06:43:11 PM »

LANI    LOLOL  Duck winning a medal  ;D

BL   Thanks.  Figured you'd have some info on the north nest in a different capacity of course  ;) ;)

KB    So that's where you've been.  How rotten that you've paid for high speed and not gotten it all this time.  Now all is good - even better  ;D ;D

CLYNN  LOLOL   "Suzie Wong's Chinese laundry"    ;D ;D ;D ;D    You found the answer to " Du Sable"  ::) ::)  Meigs Field was taken down in the darkness of the night by Mayor Daley!!  City was shocked. This was eons ago...  You found some good pics of the modified "S" Curve.

LISA    We had drizzle or brief downpours all day today.  :(
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #3216 on: April 04, 2024, 06:59:29 PM »

Phyl, oh those little North babies! Looks like a big piece of fur next to them in the nest! Maybe they can cuddle with it!

Lani, Ed is back to normal, I told him thank goodness, I was almost out of underwear!  ::) Suzie Wong's Chinese Laundry was closed while he was sick but it's up and running again! Love the duck in the marathon, glad he got a medal!

BL, wow, and you recognized the area around the North Nest! You have a very good memory! I wonder if your fishing spot is stocked by the Decorah Hatchery? Oh, and is your age a secret or can you tell us how old you are? You don't have to say if you don't want to... just curious, you seem young. Must be because you are always off exploring somewhere!

tsk, what does the Du Sable mean, and I wonder why they would just stick it on Lake Shore Drive? Sounds kind of dufus! There must have been a new street somewhere they could have named Du Sable Drive instead of messing with a long-lived tradition.  I found this, is there even more to the name?
Lake Shore Drive will now henceforth be known as Jean Baptiste Point DuSable Lake Shore Drive!  It’s happened, folks. Chicago’s beloved Lake Shore Drive has a new name. 17 miles of outer Lake Shore Drive from Hollywood Avenue to East 67th Street will now be known as Jean Baptiste Point DuSable Lake Shore Drive in honor of the first non-Indigenous settler of Chicago.

kb, kind of the same thing with my Mom, her internet was so slow (rural) and when they came they said her modem was old. They installed a new one and the internet is zipping!

karen, I have flown into Chicago several times, it is a beautiful sight! Didn't there used to be a little airport that was on the water? Migs Field I think it was called. Is it even still there?  I have also taken the Amtrack from Springfield to Chicago 3 Times, loved it!

Puff, good memories of Chicago! I think Becky and Jennifer lived there when the two 90 degree curves were modified, I bet that was a mess...

clynn  DuSable was more than an early settler.  He was an avid developer and business starter of the region. 

That first pic (which by the way is a great find) is a great showing for Question Mark Pier (top) (wonder why they called it that   ;D ) and the large sand plot at the bottom is Oak Street Beach.   Oak Street Beach is used in the summer for the major showing of the Air and Water show.  It is scary and amazing to see those jets "performing" off shore and among the downtown monster buildings.  You also can imagine the echo/noise. 

Duckie was so cute.  I hoped and waited for more of the story.

P

kbshcb

« Reply #3217 on: April 04, 2024, 07:07:12 PM »

Awe, Thomas Demma was at Nancy and Beau's new nest today and lookie here: 2 babies!
The nest at the camera tree fell down last year on April 1st severe ice/snow storm including the baby which did not survive. The new nest is app a mile away and may have a new camera next season.

kbshcb

« Reply #3218 on: April 04, 2024, 07:45:28 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1775981337259737102

Willi, close your eyes!....close enough to a vulture...maybe an Andean Condor?..landing on a guy's foot in the air. Magical

karengramke

« Reply #3219 on: April 04, 2024, 08:00:15 PM »

Looks like a family member!
Seds beakers!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 09:30:18 PM by karengramke »

kbshcb

« Reply #3220 on: April 04, 2024, 08:09:42 PM »

Thought I'd make a quick trip over to the Mary Tyler Moore House located at 2104 Kenwood Parkway in the Kenwood neighborhood of Minneapolis. It was this gorgeous Queen Anne that served as the exterior shot for Mary's home in the TV sitcom. Built in 1892, it was designed by Edward S. Stebbins, who designed houses all over the Twin Cities and spent 14 hears as the official architect for Minneapolis Public Schools. Up close you could really see how grand it is as the tower looms above you. There was some beautiful stained glass on the tower's windows as well. Today, it's a private residence. It's a spectacular home and it was a trip to actually be standing in front of it.
By:
Phitsamay Noi Chiankhamphet 

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3221 on: April 04, 2024, 08:47:57 PM »

Awe, Thomas Demma was at Nancy and Beau's new nest today and lookie here: 2 babies!
The nest at the camera tree fell down last year on April 1st severe ice/snow storm including the baby which did not survive. The new nest is app a mile away and may have a new camera next season.

Kb, awww great to see and what a blessing for this eagle family, they've had hard seasons. Thomas Demma always does a great job getting photos, like our Decorah followers.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 11:12:03 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #3222 on: April 04, 2024, 09:49:49 PM »

Wide mixture of weather today for us at our house; Rain - Very strong heavy rain, - hail at least twice, a tiny bit of sun - our rain gauge reads .44 right now, and we may get more this evening, but next week (probably Tue), we start warming up and getting some beautiful sunshine.  Calif reservoirs and lakes have really benefited with this beautiful rain, but not the mud/road slides in Big Sur.

We have been to the Big Sur River Inn & Restaurant many times (pictured above), but only just to eat and spend some time there.  They have indoor and outdoor sitting and they also have Adirondack chairs out in the river that runs behind this restaurant and on any warm/hot day, you will see folks sitting in those chairs in the shallow river!  Very beautiful scenery.  I've seen folks bring their blankets and picnic baskets.  Sad that these places are not getting any customers right now due to the slide, but that's just Nature. :(
People cannot get there from the other side of Hwy1 (out of Paso Robles) due to a closure.

Karen - Did the weather subside a little so that Piper wanted to out for a bit?

Phyl - Good that Jim will take you to see a Dr on Friday.  Hope you feel a little bit better each day.   Cute pic of squirrel & bluebird!

Tsk - Hope your area warms up soon! 

Clynn - Are the Munchkins on Easter/Spring break this week, or was that last week?    So glad that Ed is feeling back to normal now!!

Puff - So, are you getting very many requests for folks wanting Rooms to come and visit Decorah for the ATF event?  I know how much you enjoy doing this, so hope you are getting requests! :)

Lani - I have lived in Ca in this same general area for all of my life and of course I don't mind you asking!    Hope Mike is back home now. :)    Love the story of duck running the marathon and getting a medal - too Cute!!!!! ;D

LisaG  :)

Bl - Great story from 2015 and of your fishing spot - thank you!

Kb - Yaaay! So happy you got your Internet connection fixed!!!  Loved the vid of 'Raptor' landing on the foot of that fellow! ;D   Gorgeous home!!!

Tig, Og, Lori, Baz  :)

Beakers have a good night.

BrokenLug

« Reply #3223 on: April 04, 2024, 09:58:10 PM »

Tsk, think there may be a drive similar to lsd in Milwaukee or Northern suburbs.  Had a college friend from Theinsvilke and one from a. Tiny  town  north of there.  Don’t remember the name of it and a google search did not bring it up!   Pretty drive with lovely homes on the lake!    The flight into  Chicago is fabulous!   There is also a flight into  DC   That is beautiful. At night!

E23 is still coming home at night and waiting for M to bring breakfast!   He chases a SA out of the nest tree the  other day!  Got help from Dad!   In a way I wish they would band the kids as it could well be some of tgem are  famiky!  Who is to know!

Bl, you are quite the outdoor traveling man!   Would love some of tgat fresh trout!

Me too.
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #3224 on: April 04, 2024, 10:30:03 PM »

I got a cast iron skillet older than I.   :) 

To eat fresh river trout .. yum yum .. sizzling in butter & lemon.   :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 02:22:33 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.