Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 507363 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3015 on: March 29, 2024, 05:12:52 PM »

Kb, I hope the snow removal has went well.  :)

{{{Baz}}} sorry, what a game!  :( ... I hope you enjoyed your dinner, pork roast sounds delicious. I'll need to get one this weekend.

Puff, I understand what you're saying and it is upsetting for me too.

Alabama and ISU lost, both was a surprise to me. :P , congrats to Illinois fans

Puff, Karen, I forgot about baseball's opening day! Go KC Royals and AZ Diamondbacks!  ;D ...

Eagles, Mike has been given tomorrow off, a nice three day weekend. Hopefully, we will see Shannon on Sunday. Aly is fine. Will you have your mom and sister over for Easter?

{{{Phyl, Jim and Miss Maggie}}}

Good night!

Lani, thanks. I was so sad for my Tarheels - losing by 2 points  :'(  ... to Alabama!  Just an FYI... I think you meant to say that Arizona lost, not Alabama.  ;)  Arizona lost to Clemson!  And Alabama beat my UNC Tarheels!!  :(

Baz, I meant to write  "Alabama won and ISU lost", both were shocking results. I was going for Clemson  ;D... sometimes my brain moves faster than my typing.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #3016 on: March 29, 2024, 05:13:04 PM »

Waving to All the Beakers!  :)

My pork roast dinner last night turned out sooo yummy!  Good thing, because I will be eating it again tonight, and more. LOL! My team's basketball game last night didn't turn out great.  :( :'(  I will be pulling against a couple of teams tonight, and tomorrow.  ;) ;D

I walked 50 minutes today. I took a long loop around to the wooded cypress swamp on the far side of the neighborhood across the main street from my nieghborhood, where the kayak launch is. Along the way, I passed 1 drake Mallard, 1 alligator, 3 White Ibis, 2 Red-Shouldered Hawks, 5 Canada Geese, many Pond Turtles, 3 cute Woo-Woos, and 1 cherubic 5-month old baby on a nice stroll with his dad. What a beautiful day!  :)

Have a good night, Beakers. Peace. SED.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3017 on: March 29, 2024, 05:14:24 PM »

"... orange you glad I hung around?..."     

moan

::)

Very clever!...I like it

very cute!  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

« Reply #3018 on: March 29, 2024, 05:15:15 PM »

Baz, I meant to write  "Alabama won and ISU lost", both were shocking results. I was going for Clemson  ;D... sometimes my brain moves faster than my typing.

Lani, I can relate!!   :D :D  I knew it was a just an accidental boo-boo.  ;) :D :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #3019 on: March 29, 2024, 05:21:58 PM »

P.S. As to my post above... I'm using "woo-woo" to mean dogs... such cute pooches!  :) :-* :-* :-*

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #3020 on: March 29, 2024, 05:31:51 PM »

Happy Heavenly Birthday lindawyo!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #3021 on: March 29, 2024, 06:00:08 PM »

baz, love what you saw on your walk! Woo-woos! LOLOL  ;D

Phyl, thank you for putting together a list of the Viet Nam Veterans, I will PM you my Dad's information.... so thoughtful of you... Hope you and Jim and Maggie are doing well these days.  :-*

tig, oh my, you had to climb a 4 ft gate, evidently they didn't check to see if everyone was gone! Good thing there were no wheelchairs!

Lisa, that is kind of odd, taking a class of young kids to the French Quarter for the day!  Pretty bodacious! We chose a Senior Trip instead of a prom, we went to Gettysburg, Washington DC and New York. I would have hated to be a chaperone on that trip! I remember this one little pesty kid, we put him in the overhead luggage compartment.

E4E, Harley and the cuties spent a lot of time together today, we are getting there!

tsk, speaking of Tuc-son, someone on the news pronounced Chief Illiniwek all wrong but someone caught it and said it right. It gets me when people pronounce the s at the end of Illinois and Des Moines...  If it's a telemarketer, I correct them before I hang up on them...  ::)

Signing off for the evening, Good Night Dear Beakers!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3022 on: March 29, 2024, 06:13:54 PM »

PHYL   Thanks for bringing that date - Vietnam Veterans day to my attn.  Thank God for their service.

TIG  Now that was a visit to remember when you visited Kennedy's grave site  ;D

LANI    LOLOL   Wish my Dad could have seen that!  Of course then we were still in the age of rotary phones  LOL

BAZI   Thanks  I'll correct my notes.  On your hike, where was the partridge in the pear tree?   ;D ;D ;)   That was once great walk.  Would loved to have done it with you. ;)    LOL  so happy to hear someone corrects those telemarketers " Ill- i  noise"   :o ::) ::)

LISA   I think more schools now are doing some sort of 8th grade trip --We did not have that in my era  LOL    You probably could have given the tour on your 8th grade trip LOL
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3024 on: March 29, 2024, 06:50:24 PM »

Lots of 'Good Friday' images today.  :-*

Tsk love your Good Friday!   Tks for reminder on Lindawyo H. birthday. My dad would pronounce  'Tucson' the same. LOL

CLynn it's okay to sleep late---LOL I did too. So, you keep S and S shut up at night? Or do they get to spend days on screened in porch? How's Mr. Harley doing?  :-*         Awesome photo of Mount Lemmon Tucson, Arizona

{{{KB/Puff}}} you know your limits---but take care shoveling the snow.

Hi  Eagles I'll try calling Jim'[s and my docs again on Monday. I had two docs I'm to see this Spring retire on me. So hoping I can get my PCP to
add this to my June appt. How cool for your  grandson,  a trip to our nation's capital---District of Columbia is a whole nuther country of it's self.

{{{Tig}}} your words are wisdom to be  followed  :-*  And, a good caption for KB's sunbird; tks for info on Arlington's gate and walls.  ;)

Lani lovely grapes; so glad Mike will be home this long weekend

KB enjoyed your Forked tail Sunbird drinking some nectar.  I like Tg's caption

Puff tks for ATF info.  I  posted it in BirdCam General Information, Announcements & Forum Issues

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #3025 on: March 29, 2024, 06:53:49 PM »

Good Night Everyone...SEDs.    🙏 's     

#istandwithisrael

karengramke

« Reply #3026 on: March 29, 2024, 07:06:46 PM »

No high school or grade school trips except for the field  trips in  grade school like a day at the museum of science and industry and such!  There were about 1000 in my high school class!  Who would  chaperone?  Lol
Let the games begin!
Love DC and surrounding area!
Viet Man was quite an experience.  Completely different place now?  The Wall is daunting but the  Korean Memorial is something else.    Is there a day to that war?

Phyl

« Reply #3027 on: March 29, 2024, 07:36:59 PM »

No high school or grade school trips except for the field  trips in  grade school like a day at the museum of science and industry and such!  There were about 1000 in my high school class!  Who would  chaperone?  Lol
Let the games begin!
Love DC and surrounding area!
Viet Man was quite an experience.  Completely different place now?  The Wall is daunting but the  Korean Memorial is something else.    Is there a day to that war?

As far as I can tell... It seems  South Korea celebrates their own ' South Korean War Day'.    
 See:   https://www.bing.com/search?q=korean+memorial+day&PC=U316&FORM=CHROMN

I'll add that person/s to the Vietnam Vet's Day under heading 'Korean  War".  Until I can figure something special out.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 10:58:15 PM by Phyl »

#istandwithisrael

karengramke

« Reply #3028 on: March 29, 2024, 08:40:17 PM »

Tsk, Sorry about the game!

BrokenLug

« Reply #3029 on: March 29, 2024, 09:22:23 PM »

(((BL))), that's right singular that Clynn posted the Royal Gorge Bridge this morning. I'm so sorry about your friend and mentor. He must have been a very special person, who left quite a legacy, and indelible memories for you. Perfect song choice. Hugs.  :-*

Pip, Kopje & I stood on top of Popolopen Torne today and just smiled for our friend ..

.. sketchy up just as down you would have liked it .. Kopje thought he was an ibex.  ::)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbdU9gXeF7w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpji_od1JT4
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 10:49:18 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.