Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 410788 times)

Puff

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3045 on: March 30, 2024, 07:53:56 AM »

Just heard interview of chapel director for family of Officer Johnathan Diller.  It's reported that family met with President Trump in a private room.  Grandma approached him and asked for a hug.  You know how I feel about hugs.  They had the whole room in tears.  President Trump also signed a mass card for Grandmother.

Going to be a rough day for them all.  HUGS HUGS for all, and more HUGS    :'(

Oh, and where was the other guy?  Doing PR for $$$$$$.

P

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3046 on: March 30, 2024, 08:03:11 AM »

TSK... yep
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #3047 on: March 30, 2024, 08:06:43 AM »

Good Morning Beakers.......Happy Caturday!!

clynn - Your senior trip sounded like fun.  LOL, pesky kid!

tsk - Yes!  I could have given that tour.  :D  Awww, love the pic of Lulu on Tim's lap. 

karen - Wow, that was a big high school class!

E4E - The interesting thing, the principal came with us...Sr Elaine.  When the school year was over, she left the sisterhood.  Guess she had too much fun in the French Quarter that day!  ;D

oldguy - Thanks for the videos.  :)

Lani - Good night pup, adorable!

Phyl - Adorable morning, How ya doing kitty!  Thanks for links.

Off to do some shopping....be back later!

karengramke

« Reply #3048 on: March 30, 2024, 08:20:26 AM »

Maybe a little too political this am, Puff !
Tsk, Lulu looks comfortable!  Lol.  Looks like Tim cannot move!  At least that is who I think that is!
Yes, says Lisa!
I have been to Disney World several times as an afult and enjoyed it!  No rides but the plantings and flowers were spectacular, the place was immaculate, the Christmas lights said to be amazing!   I would recommend a day at least!
Meant to mention Lani’s goodnite pup!  He has been here before, quite a wardrobe and absolutely adorable!  I want him!
Roast in the oven!   Hair curled and the day underway!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 05:11:36 PM by karengramke »

karengramke

« Reply #3049 on: March 30, 2024, 08:37:14 AM »

Sorry Tig, I did read wrong!  I have happily amended my post!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 10:03:00 AM by karengramke »

kbshcb

« Reply #3050 on: March 30, 2024, 08:59:00 AM »

BL - just for fun, I found this layout of the Waleswood Estate Property online.
My house was built across the street from now Life Church at the very top of this pic.. Was an elementary school before a church nestled in the woods. At 9 years old I walked across the street to the excavators ripping up my woods and asked them to please leave all our forts when they were preparing for the school.

The stone bridge would be and still is above the Words Waleswood Estates at the sharp turn/curve of Overlook Drive.

Puff

« Reply #3051 on: March 30, 2024, 09:05:58 AM »

The first time I got to Disneyworld, 25? , I stood on Main street looking at the castle and cried.  Ton gave me a hug.  I watched over many years while they actually built it and expanded it.  I'll have to check things out for myself about the "reorganization" of all things Disneyworld.  They're trying, many new programs and constructions being done.  Two fav memories of mine:  We once ran into Mickey on a back path all by himself.  He got on his knees and kissed my hand.  I threatened Ton with bodily injury if he blew the pic!  I have that pic.  Second super memory was watching the parade - on my birthday trip to Disneyworld.  If you know about it and make the prearrangements, they do help you celebrate.  So when you get to your room, there's recognition, and there's the large "Happy Birthday" button you get to wear.  The "cast" of workers is well versed on watching for that button and giving special treatment of some ilk to the person wearing it.  Maybe just a pencil or a free little ice cream. . . .I still remember when, during the parade, someone on the float being a Prince, and being miked, pointed and wished me Happy Birthday.  The others around me, watching the parade, started singing Happy Birthday to me.   Happy memories. . .Love the Mick.   

Been there a few times, you can imagine.  Truth be told - my final plans say part of my ashes will be by the statue of Walt and Mickey in front of the castle.  On a whole different level, for those closer to Disneyland, I enjoyed Knotts Berry Farm more than Disneyland.  No comparison.  In CA there's also Sea World, Huntington Beach, and the San Diego Zoo.  Winner to me is Disneyworld.  You know Walt was from south side Chicago?.

P
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 09:25:34 AM by Puff »

Puff

« Reply #3052 on: March 30, 2024, 09:20:54 AM »

KB I hope some of that sanctuary has survived.  Was a loverly spot to grow up.

The drone craze gave me views and thoughts recently.  Took pics for Tribune article showing a couple locations of neighborhoods in Chicago - then also showed my small town, about 8 miles from city line.  There are basically few to be found trees even in residential areas of Chgo.  Talk about the quality of life!  Progress?  Somewhere I decided I wanted different, I wanted better, better for so many reasons.     

P
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 09:22:38 AM by Puff »

kbshcb

« Reply #3053 on: March 30, 2024, 10:10:39 AM »

Puff said:

Been there a few times, you can imagine.  Truth be told - my final plans say part of my ashes will be by the statue of Walt and Mickey in front of the castle.  On a whole different level, for those closer to Disneyland, I enjoyed Knotts Berry Farm more than Disneyland.  No comparison.  In CA there's also Sea World, Huntington Beach, and the San Diego Zoo.  Winner to me is Disneyworld.  You know Walt was from south side Chicago?.

Puff - I've been to all of the above in CA many times...but, never to Disneyworld in FL.

I do now wonder if my first ride in Disneyland, 8 or 9 years old, I got scared....and never again in life liked to ride roller coasters!....LOL...I am not sure if the ride in Disneyland was actually real scary but nevertheless.

San Diego zoo is one of the best I think...whenever anyone visited me when I lived in CA I of course took them to as many of the above venues as I could....I took Chris to Knox Berry Farm before he was even 1 years old so I doubt he remembers.

When we moved back home to Minnesota I took Chris to Nine Mile Creek/MN river bottoms, my old childhood haunt, so many many times....the area in my picture of the old Waleswood Estates..The creek is barely visible but it drains into the river and also is app 9 miles north of this picture.
I walked through the woods by myself when I went to Jr. High School as well.
Twas lovely.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3054 on: March 30, 2024, 11:44:04 AM »

KB I hope some of that sanctuary has survived.  Was a loverly spot to grow up.

The drone craze gave me views and thoughts recently.  Took pics for Tribune article showing a couple locations of neighborhoods in Chicago - then also showed my small town, about 8 miles from city line.  There are basically few to be found trees even in residential areas of Chgo.  Talk about the quality of life!  Progress?  Somewhere I decided I wanted different, I wanted better, better for so many reasons.     

P

Puff, you have an adventurous, kind, generous and loving spirit.  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3055 on: March 30, 2024, 11:46:42 AM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Morning Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Tsk, Love the "chocolate mini eggs!" LOL!!  I need to ask my sister about the reno in Mililani.... Lulu's loving life!!!  ;D

Clynn, glad to hear Harley and siblings (especially Sophie) are spending more time together and enjoying patio too.... I'm sure it's comforting for you too, to have them all being part of your family's everyday life.  :-* ... that feeding situation is a hard one.... Utah has many beautiful places to see.

Karen, thanks for E23 update, glad to know for him "Life is good." Right now, DadM15 is eating his leftover fish, while E23 is above on top branch. Enjoy the day!

Phyl, thanks for RRP blog update with great pics of feedings.... serene nature video.... thanks for Easter history.... gorgeous Lion!

{{{Hugs Puff}}} yes, it is going to be a hard day for the family, and days to come.... Thinking about you this Easter Weekend and sending you hugs and aloha!

Lisa, that's funny about the principal.  ;D

{{{Kb}}} Goodness, you and Puff have me remembering special moments in my life  ;D ....  thanks for sharing your special memories with us.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #3057 on: March 30, 2024, 01:10:29 PM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Morning Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

{{{Kb}}} Goodness, you and Puff have me remembering special moments in my life  ;D ....  thanks for sharing your special memories with us.

Lani Some times it hard to think positive and value our lives.  Those bad days seem to happen too often and stay too long.  But on a whole, thinking and writing and talking about our lives. . .It's been pretty  good.   ;D  We are still in the race - give me some water!

P

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #3058 on: March 30, 2024, 01:29:40 PM »

BAZI   Thanks  I'll correct my notes.  On your hike, where was the partridge in the pear tree?   ;D ;D ;)   That was once great walk.  Would loved to have done it with you. ;)    LOL  so happy to hear someone corrects those telemarketers " Ill- i  noise"   :o ::) ::)

TSK, notes? Maybe you're referring to Lil Punkin's b'day... I have never said when her birthday is, on purpose, for her anonimity and privacy reasons. Same reason I've scrubbed out identifying info from photos of the kids, and have never said my family members' names. Some people are not trustworthy.  :(  LOL, no partridges!  ;) :D :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #3059 on: March 30, 2024, 01:37:46 PM »

(((BL))), that's right singular that Clynn posted the Royal Gorge Bridge this morning. I'm so sorry about your friend and mentor. He must have been a very special person, who left quite a legacy, and indelible memories for you. Perfect song choice. Hugs.  :-*

Pip, Kopje & I stood on top of Popolopen Torne today and just smiled for our friend ..

.. sketchy up just as down you would have liked it .. Kopje thought he was an ibex.  ::)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbdU9gXeF7w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpji_od1JT4

BL, nice way for you and Pip to give tribute - on top of The Torne. Maybe Kopje remembers past Ibex days.  ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center