Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 506705 times)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3030 on: March 29, 2024, 09:23:44 PM »

Tsk - My one and only big memorable school trip was the Senior class overnight trip to Disneyland!  We all went from our HS in several school buses and arrived in the evening at Disneyland, and then loaded back up after a few hours to head back home!   

Lani - So nice that there was a nice sunrise when you were walking Sadie early this morning.  Thank you, yes, looking forward to a nice & quiet Easter weekend.

Puff - That is so nice of you to help folks make their ATF reservations.  You sure provide a lot of good info! :)

Karen - Yum! I bet your pork roast turns out very delicious, and so nice of you to want to share with your neighbor!

Baz - Awe, bummer for your Tarheels.  To lose by only 2 pts really hurts!   Sounds like a good walk!!

LisaG - Interesting about your 8th grade trip! ;D

Clynn - Nice heavenly birthday remembrance for Lindawyo.   Happy that Harley is getting used to being with S&S and maybe one of these days you might them all taking a nap together! ;D

Phyl - I wish you good luck in trying to set up Jim's appts. :)

Og, Lori, BL, Tig, Kb  :)

Beakers have a good night.

Puff

« Reply #3031 on: March 29, 2024, 09:59:31 PM »

Thanks Phyl Thanks E4E  Time to get out the word.

Found out last year that quite a few didn't know anything about the pre-arranged rooming.  I've been doing my little bit for about 10 years now.  First, there isn't a big supply in the small town.  Second, I got caught myself looking for where to go and what to do the first two years.  And, talking to others last year I discovered the word wasn't getting out.  Not only is it convenient to know there's supply, and it's not much but helpful to save some money with the lowered cost.  I've suggested to those who want to contribute in some way that they can donate $ saved to Raptor Resource.  It's an easy thing for me since it's my vocation for 30+ years.  Not a biggie - Glad to help.

Since I don't do Facebook or X or youtube it would be fine and very welcomed if y'all help. I'll be making a couple other contacts to some others who might help spread the word.

P

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3032 on: March 29, 2024, 11:22:07 PM »

P.S. As to my post above... I'm using "woo-woo" to mean dogs... such cute pooches!  :) :-* :-* :-*

Woo-Woos! LOL!! I saw two woo woos, three javalenas and three elk on our morning walk.  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #3033 on: March 30, 2024, 12:10:17 AM »

Quickly--- 
Every  year I've been meaning to post this.      Anyone who has a relative  or friend, etc.  who served in Vietnam and would like to be included in my tribute to our Vietnam vets.

Please PM  w/ 'Vietnam' in subject line  and the following info:
First name w/ Last name initial, branch of service  and the military base and/or countries deployed.

I will most happily modify my original post. And, update my template for next year.  :-*

I have an appt late today so it will be in the evening before I can update.

After all, this isn't all about my family.

{{{Phyl}}} what a loving gesture, thank you.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

oldguy

« Reply #3034 on: March 30, 2024, 12:41:40 AM »

Hello Beakers

Another day of upsets - this time in both men's and women's brackets - with 2 out of 4 being upsets...  Iowa women play at 2:30pm Sat. - NC State are still alive in both brackets :o :o

Today's update from Iceland...
Wall Collapse at the Volcano! Truck slides into the fissure! 29.03.2024   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uo5_0dDOvo

The Cats Have Started to Accept Old General! (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUO5wKKDpY4

Daryl Hall and Billy Gibbons - La Grange   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKUbPoq2RKk
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

« Reply #3035 on: March 30, 2024, 12:48:58 AM »

{{{Tig}}} what a special trip.

{{{Puff}}} Thank you for all you do for ATF!

Karen, LG was a great actor, I enjoyed all his movies.... I agree, it looks like UCONN will win it, but there's still a chance for another team. NC state is playing tough.

Oldguy, I agree, Houston lost it was a tough game! ISU lost... WOW! Big 12 is out! I thought for sure Houston would make the Final Four. Thanks for links, I'll watch the updates.

Tsk, Sorry about Marquette. My bracket sheet is such a mess.  :(

Phyl, The vineyard and the light .... Tennessee won over Creighton!

{{{BL, Pip and Kopje}}} beautiful view from an honored place. Thanks for music. Love Smoky!

Clynn, beautiful post for Lindawyo.... good news about Harley and his siblings.  :-* ... What a special senior trip... we didn't have special trips other than sports events during my highschool years.... I watched Renovation Aloha last night, my sister lives in Mililani where the newest episode was made. I had Mike watch the first episode of the show ( on Discovery +) with me today.

Eagles, What a fun senior trip...  I've never been to Disneyland or Orlando. Been to Six Flags!  ;D

Good night!

Praying for those who perished today, their families, the rescuers and community

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eaglesrock, Tsk's friend Maureen, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 12:52:50 AM by Lani »

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3036 on: March 30, 2024, 06:17:40 AM »

Good Morning. How you doin' ! 

Currently: 58F cloudy   High  78F  mostly sunny,  Low 58F

Prayers for: Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley, all those like her and family; Eaglesrock . All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/ 
https://greatergood.com/
https://www.livescience.com/
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #3038 on: March 30, 2024, 06:19:20 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

March 29, 2024: News and NestFlix from Decorah North and GSB
 March 29, 2024  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/03/29/march-29-2024-news-and-nestflix-from-decorah-north-and-gsb/

Fast-forward to a shallow stream 15,000 years ago. Suckers are making their way upstream to spawn. Suddenly, an eagle swoops down and hooks one to bring to his waiting young, who are clamoring hungrily in the nest above. Dad has food. His legacy will survive into a future he can’t imagine.

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 06:23:45 AM by Phyl »

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #3040 on: March 30, 2024, 06:27:19 AM »

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #3041 on: March 30, 2024, 06:28:28 AM »

#istandwithisrael

karengramke

« Reply #3042 on: March 30, 2024, 07:01:20 AM »

Good Morning!  46 degrees going to 76 this afternoon. 81 Monday!  Yikes!  Going back down to the 60’s later in the week!   Illinois vrs UConn this evening!  Illinois is a big team but I do not know if they can beat these East .coasters!  Been praying about it!    Going to put that chunk of meat in the oven!  I am tired of it and it is still in the refrigerator, raw!   Not really the kind of roast I wanted!  No big deal and Jackie will do something with it!  Lol.   Oh, I have always said, there is no noise in Illinois when folks mispronounce it!   Donot know that it would work for Des Moines or Des plaines.   Have a good day!   E 23 still hanging around home, learning to hunt and enjoying a bath in the pond and swooping the ducks!  Mamma finch still in the nest!  No baby heads visible to me!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #3043 on: March 30, 2024, 07:02:54 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!  It's CATURDAY!

Phyl, love watching geese in the water... Amy's Blog, good as usual! Interesting White House Easter Egg Roll video! We are at 40, high 60 today. Do you know if you have any Bluebird eggs yet?

Lani, Sophie is winning Harley over, she just won't give up making friends with the Big Orange Guy! She gets as close to him as she can! Harley was upstairs most of the afternoon and evening and it's going well! They all spent a lot of time on the deck yesterday, today won't be as nice as it was yesterday. They all love to be on the deck, it's like going to the movies with all the birds, squirrels and chipmunks around the feeders! So glad you got to see Renovation Aloha at a place you know! I love that the show has a lot about history and family traditions, love learning more about your birthplace! I have been to Six Flags in Missouri, is that the one you have been to?

oldguy, great views of the Iceland volcano, the flowing lava is mesmerizing... If you didn't watch the TV series Bones you wouldn't know that Billy Gibbons plays the part of Angels's dad. He has several appearances on several episodes!

E4E, yes, hopefully it won't be much longer until Harley and Sam and Sophie can all be together all the time! I still have to figure out the feeding situation though, Harley loves to get a chance to eat some the Kitten Chow! And he doesn't need it, not only because the Vet said he could stand to lose a little weight (fat chance of that) but because his dry food is prescription and very expensive and it is moderate calorie and what he needs! They all get a small can of wet food each day, half in the AM, half in the PM. And treats!

BL, I found a video of your hike! Maybe you and Pip are in the video!   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWQ68zfa_48

tig, we went to Arlington when we were in DC on our Senior Trip. It was very beautiful, I remember seeing a headstone of a friend and her father. the family lived in the housing we lived in, she and her dad were killed in an automobile crash, both buried in Arlington. What were the odds of that... The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, very sombering...

Goblin Valley State Park in Utah

« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 07:42:53 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3044 on: March 30, 2024, 07:34:49 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING ALL

TIG   At the cemetery was that the way you climbed out?

KAREN   I didn't think MU would win  ???

BL  Googled Popolopen Torne.   Kopje the Ibex I can see why.  LOL  Nice view.   How did you get up that slanted rock without a rope?

EAGLES   Sure hope no one got lost on that Disney trip  LOL  Must have been like herding cats for the chaperones  LOL

OLDGUY  Thanks for the time on Iowa game today.    Boy, that is some volcano.  Can't believe all those people standing there.    Old General - such a regal cat.  Skinny legs, out pointing front toes.

LANI   Has your sister seen the new house in Mililani? or the crew working/filming?   I've never been to Disneyland either.  Good night pup  ;D

PHYL    Some good videos in this bunch from Amy's blog  Thanks     Man and black and white cat  LOL

CLYNN   What a cool hike - Thanks for finding that.  Goblin Valley - good name.  I've never even seen pics of that.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 07:52:52 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland