Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 218951 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3000 on: March 29, 2024, 11:02:22 AM »

bounce

((KB))
((Phyl))
(ALL)

My muscles ached a bit to be back in the pool and MOVING today, but it was a good thing.

TSK - we visited JFK grave in 1964 (when there supporting my Bro's drum n bugle corps at the World's Fair). At the end of the day security told us time to leave. About 20 folks sauntered down the hill. When we got there the gate was locked. We had to climb over a 4 ft. tall by 2 ft. wide (if memory serves) stone wall, to get out! And some of the ladies were in dresses.

HAGD all... and please remember ... we all have more in common than our differences. Let us offer grace to one another, rather than be quick to judge. OK. Off my soapbox and feet up on the easy chair. Keep looking UP. Hugs.

camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3001 on: March 29, 2024, 11:53:14 AM »

Espcially honoring my brothers, Larry and Dan, USAF Vietnam War, DaNang Air Base and Monkey Mountain; Philippines, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam. My mother's brother, my Uncle Paul  USAF Vietnam War, DaNang Air Base and Monkey Mountain; Cambodia, Vietnam.
Dan's war buddy Larry H. USAF Vietnam War, DaNang Air Base and Monkey Mountain and Cambodia, Vietnam.  Dan's Air Force buddy, Dave C. USAF, Vietnam, Da Nang Air Base and Chu Lai. 

My  heartfelt love, respect, undying and sincere gratitude for the sacrifice of those listed above.

And, most certainly to all those who've served and continue  in your sacrifice so I and my loved ones may live '...in the home of the brave and the land of the free'. God bless you and your families, keeping you safe until you're home again.

Phyl, thank you and Amen 🙏
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3002 on: March 29, 2024, 11:54:02 AM »

Good Friday Beakers! 🙏
Morning Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Oldguy, Thanks for posting about what's going on in Nevada.... I agree about last night's games. Mike and my bracket are a mess. So far Aly is the winner in our family bracket and she doesn't even watch basketball.  ???

Phyl, thanks for RRP update on GSB. Crazy situation there, I hope there will be a new season for eggs and no trouble from GHOs.... spring is coming in today's nature video.

Clynn, gorgeous pic of Mt. Lemmon near Tucson.

{{{Kb}}}

{{{Puff}}} Thinking of you this blessed Easter weekend.  :-*

Tsk, I think it's cute how your father pronounced Tucson.   ;D   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNy9byWF5Ig

Eagles, Our early morning walk was a good one, we watched the sun rise over the Rim. Like you, we're expecting rain/snow sometime this weekend, maybe Sunday. You and Kris have a blessed weekend.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #3003 on: March 29, 2024, 12:02:42 PM »

tig - well said, thank you.

eagles4- out of curiosity, I poked at the snow on my deck with a shovel....nothing, nada.
May not even be soft enough tomorrow. So, no chance to hurt my shoulder further.

Maybe by May ;) ;)

thanks for the Vietnam Veterans Day reminder, only implemented in 2017!

this needs a caption that I currently don't have in my head.

Walked Ollie for the first time in maybe 6 days...still almost 20 degrees below normal/average for this day.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3004 on: March 29, 2024, 12:27:32 PM »

"... orange you glad I hung around?..."     

moan

::)
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3005 on: March 29, 2024, 12:53:33 PM »

Quickly--- 
Every  year I've been meaning to post this.      Anyone who has a relative  or friend, etc.  who served in Vietnam and would like to be included in my tribute to our Vietnam vets.

Please PM  w/ 'Vietnam' in subject line  and the following info:
First name w/ Last name initial, branch of service  and the military base and/or countries deployed.

I will most happily modify my original post. And, update my template for next year.  :-*

I have an appt late today so it will be in the evening before I can update.

After all, this isn't all about my family.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #3006 on: March 29, 2024, 01:20:01 PM »

"... orange you glad I hung around?..."     

moan

::)

Very clever!...I like it

Puff

« Reply #3007 on: March 29, 2024, 02:53:55 PM »

Thanks all for waiting. . .

AFTER THE FLEDGE 2024

Well, here we are for another issue of After The Fledge 2024.  For some, I discovered last year, this may be your induction to the available program for room reservations, property selection, availability, and cost for our ATF get together.  I have contracted with Decorah hotels for rooms on hold for us.  Rooms are held at 4 locations at reduced rates; option deadlines are available until date indicated.  All arrangements must be made thru me, AND there is no additional charge.  Rooms are held for you using your information and credit card.  Nothing is charged until you arrive at the hotel.  You can also cancel the reservation if necessary at no charge if you do so before your arrival date.  Please call or email me if you have any other questions.

The Fledge this year is July 18 - 20, arriving July 17, departing July 21.  Additional days can be added if you prefer.

First, let me mention that there are no rooms assigned for us at Country Inn & Suites.  You are free to call and make your own reservations there.  888-405-2885.

Fairfield Inn by Marriott      10 rooms available, either 8 king or 2 queen
               at the same price:  Thursday $105, Friday $155,
               Saturday $190
               Deadline:  July 1, 2024

Hotel Winneshiek         4 rooms available, 3 king executive or
               1 king whirlpool if available
               This is downtown location, 3 or 4 miles to nest
               Deadline:  July 16

Quality Inn & Suites         8 rooms available, 1 king or 2 queen beds
               King $175 per night, 2 Queens $165 per night
               With tax: king $668.64, queen $668.84
               Deadline:  June 18

Super8 by Wyndham      12 rooms available, ask for floor and beds
               Total for 3 nights, $654 (with tax $732.59)
               Request floor and bedding

As usual, I'll need your personal information and credit card information to hold a reservation.  Rates apply until the deadline.  Charges will not be processed until checkout.  Any further questions/issues, contact me.

Puff/LaNora         [email protected]      630-852-2108

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3008 on: March 29, 2024, 03:36:17 PM »

There has been a hawk (?) flying around the court during the Sinner/Medvedev tennis match this afternoon. Dangerous...

karengramke

« Reply #3009 on: March 29, 2024, 04:16:26 PM »

Lou i has died!   What a talent he was!   RIP.
Beautiful Good Friday Day here!  Zz71 degrees and sunny with promise of a beautiful weekend and Easter Sunday!
Clynn, I love your artist criss in your morning post!
The Basketball tourney  has had some great surprises  for sure!  I think it looks like UConn will win the dance  but I am hoping for a surprise  there.
Bought. Pork roast that is too big for me so after I cook it tomorrowI will cut it at lest in half  and give  it to my neighbor!   They are on a goofy diet  of meat, eggs  and cheese!   They are   Looking good!
Bz, I hope  you re not too  sad about the .heels!     They gave it a good run.
E

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #3010 on: March 29, 2024, 04:19:23 PM »

Kb, I hope the snow removal has went well.  :)

{{{Baz}}} sorry, what a game!  :( ... I hope you enjoyed your dinner, pork roast sounds delicious. I'll need to get one this weekend.

Puff, I understand what you're saying and it is upsetting for me too.

Alabama and ISU lost, both was a surprise to me. :P , congrats to Illinois fans

Puff, Karen, I forgot about baseball's opening day! Go KC Royals and AZ Diamondbacks!  ;D ...

Eagles, Mike has been given tomorrow off, a nice three day weekend. Hopefully, we will see Shannon on Sunday. Aly is fine. Will you have your mom and sister over for Easter?

{{{Phyl, Jim and Miss Maggie}}}

Good night!

Lani, thanks. I was so sad for my Tarheels - losing by 2 points  :'(  ... to Alabama!  Just an FYI... I think you meant to say that Arizona lost, not Alabama.  ;)  Arizona lost to Clemson!  And Alabama beat my UNC Tarheels!!  :(
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #3011 on: March 29, 2024, 04:24:16 PM »

Hello Beakers

This Tourney is in chaos ...  3 games out of 4 were upsets tonight - U Conn was the only favored team to win....  ::)

Nevada County Water Emergency!    -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCFWsP6KLzg

Maru avoids trouble by using push cart   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvI0Dg5YPUk

Oldguy, LOL! You got that right!!  :o ::) Perhaps we're seeing a bit more college basketball team parity as a result of the tranfer portal.  Bracket Busters for sure!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #3012 on: March 29, 2024, 04:33:58 PM »

GOOD FRIDAY MORNING

BAZI   :'( :'( :'(         Is it Lil Punkin's 6th b-day today? 

Remembering Lindawyo's heavenly birthday

TSK, congrats to Illinois winning last night. Your Marquette team plays tonight at 7:09 pm (Eastern), on CBS, No, Lil Punkin's 6th b'day is not today. She's already had and celebrated it. But thanks for the thought!  :) :-*

baziunc

« Reply #3013 on: March 29, 2024, 04:47:53 PM »

Remembering our dear and fun LINDAWYO on her heavenly birthday, and her brother, (((LILBRO))).

LisaG1967

« Reply #3014 on: March 29, 2024, 04:56:01 PM »

E4E - Sounds like a fun trip for your grandson.   :D

tsk - Our 8th grade trip was a trip to the French Quarter for the day, not something you would think a Catholic School would do.  We visited Jackson Square, St. Louis Cathedral, rode a streetcar, walked the French Market, and ate at Benihana's for our lunch, nothing I had not done before growing up in New Orleans!

((tig))

Lani - Pretty morning pic.

kb - Glad that you and Ollie got a lil walk in.

Puff - Thanks, will pass info on the anyone who needs it.  :)

karen - I read that this morning about Lou.  :(  We finally had a sunny day, after two days of rain. 

baz - Waving to ya!   :)

Have a good night, everyone!