Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 533740 times)

Puff

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2985 on: March 29, 2024, 05:38:55 AM »

Correction needed on Trempealeau nest record.  Says that #2 egg was laid on the 29 of Feb at 5 p.m.  Can't be!  That hasn't happened yet.   :o   Uppps  28th?

P   

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #2986 on: March 29, 2024, 06:24:44 AM »

Blessed Good Friday and Good Morning Everyone.

Currently: 38F clear with a   High  74F sunny,  Low 38F

OG scary about Nevada County Water Emergency/infrastructure breakdown

Puff  heard about  the 103 yr old WWII vet  wheelchair bound in  Calif last night's news.  :(  >:(

Prayers for: Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley, all those like her and family; Eaglesrock . All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/ 
https://greatergood.com/
https://www.livescience.com/

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #2987 on: March 29, 2024, 06:25:52 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Peregrine Falcons: Lifestyles of the Fast and Furious!
 March 28, 2024  RaptorResource
https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/03/28/peregrine-falcons-great-spirit-bluff-lifestyles-of-the-fast-and-furious/

Egg-laying is just around the corner for our peregrine falcons! The earliest layers – Great Spirit Bluff is usually among them – tend to begin in late March, although egg-laying can continue into late May at some of our nests. So when should we look for eggs at Great Spirit Bluff? It depends on a number of factors, including territorial competition, species and individual chronology, nesting experience, and mating history.

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #2988 on: March 29, 2024, 06:27:05 AM »

#istandwithisrael

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2989 on: March 29, 2024, 06:48:42 AM »

GOOD FRIDAY MORNING

BAZI   :'( :'( :'(         Is it Lil Punkin's 6th b-day today? 

PHYL   Pork loin chops dinner- yummy  ;D  The sounds of an ice melt  :o  365

OLDGUY   So many ways emergencies occur.   :( :(

Remembering Lindawyo's heavenly birthday
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 06:59:03 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2990 on: March 29, 2024, 07:00:07 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, good 365, love seeing Mother Earth wake up after her winter nap!  Eggs are coming soon to GSB!

Lani, so happy to hear that Mike has a wonderful 3 day weekend to relax with you and the Furkids! He will be a happy man!

karen, I love a good pork roast, with browned potatoes  and gravy, and maybe some lima beans!

I slept later than usual this morning, maybe because I woke up at 3:30 yesterday morning and couldn't go back to sleep... It's almost time to go let the kittens out!

Mount Lemmon Tucson, Arizona

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #2991 on: March 29, 2024, 07:50:29 AM »

Some interesting postings this morning -

First we get an up close and personal look at the Newman copulation expose'.  Is there no privacy?  Pleeeese!

Loved your falcon presentation and facts Amy.  And thorough - After ?? years there were things I don't remember hearing, reading, or knowing.  Thanks.

Also, getting back to melting -- This one is for you KB.  The Nature 365 contributed by Phyl shows the melting of the snow/ice at Jura in Switzerland.  Is MN being punished for some reasons?   You are made to wait much toooo long.   :(

P

kbshcb

« Reply #2992 on: March 29, 2024, 07:59:05 AM »

Puff - no not being punished.

It's just the nature of heavy wet snow coupled with rain for 12 hours on top of it, and then more snow.

this combination makes concrete literally....so, even with above freezing temps and sun, it only melts from the bottom up...that takes much longer.

It was crazy to get more than this season's total snow amount in 6 days...and being late March, ice and heavy snow are always possible.

Over the course of the 5 or more months of winter here we don't see consistent types of snow. We get fluffy stuff in late Dec/Jan, and the potential for heavier more moisture laden snow in late fall and late spring.

One must know how to best deal with it depending on which kind of snow and the time of year. Removing it from wood surfaces as quickly as possible for example vs. the tar driveway. The snow will be gone from my grass before the now concrete on my deck.

My shoulder is killing me now after trying to at least move some on the lower deck.  Will rest it and re-attempt come Saturday and hope for some melting on the bottom of the piles.

Puff

« Reply #2993 on: March 29, 2024, 08:11:59 AM »

KB Living in the Chicago area since about 1950 (?) I do know the meaning of "snow affect".  Coming from Colorado I do know - and love winter more than the sweating of horrid summer.  I call myself a snow person!

That being said, I already mentioned my confrontation with a solid 10-18 inch pile of snow with the hotrod in January.  OK so it was instead a chuck of plowed ice.   :(   Took it in for some plastic surgery.  All better!  Never did that before. . .

Weather just now from TV - promising close to 60 today and then 1" size hail and heavy rain tonight.

P
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 08:13:48 AM by Puff »

LisaG1967

« Reply #2994 on: March 29, 2024, 09:30:12 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Puff - Sounds like you have a safe set-up now for no spills.  I believe that info is correct for Trempealeau nest.  There was 29 days in Feb this year.   :D

karen - Glad to hear that you are doing good with the vertigo.

E4E - Thank you.  Are you all doing anything special with your grandson, Mom and sis this weekend?

Phyl - Thanks for the links. 

Lani - Glad to read that Aly is doing fine, and that Shannon will see you all on Sunday and Mike has a nice lil break from work.

oldguy - Thanks for the videos.

tsk - Thanks for the birthday reminders....Happy Heavenly Birthday, Lindawyo

clynn - I have had a few nights like that lately.  Hope you are rested today. 

kb, tig - Morning :)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #2995 on: March 29, 2024, 09:34:51 AM »

currently 45 - steady heavy rain at times, strong winds - impact day

Phyl- Yum! Your pork loin you had on Monday must have been a tasty delicious dinner along with your sides!!  Too bad it is so hard for Jim to get those appts because of being booked up. :(   Thank you for great links as always  :)

Lani - Glad that Mike has the day off and you will have a nice 3 day weekend together! Hope Shannon makes it over and that Aly is doing fine.    Yes, my mom & sis are planning to be here on Sunday.    Enjoy your usual early morning walk with Sadie  :)

Og - Do you have Sunday off?

Puff - Thank you- we are expecting heavy rain today, but it is always worse in the Mts. with slides, etc. 

Tsk- Thank you for the reminder of Lindawyo's heavenly birthday.

Clynn - Have fun letting those cuties out  :)

Kb - Take care of your shoulder and try not to do anything more until it feels better. {{Kb}}

LisaG - I bet you have Sydney's Easter basket all ready for her!  ;D   My Grandson leaves tomorrow (30th) on his 8th grade trip to DC and his mom is going too. It seems like most of the students have 1 parent going with them!  They will visit several different places including the Statue of Liberty!    Yes, my mom & sis are coming over for Easter. :)

Hi Lori, Bl, Tig, Karen & Baz  :)

Beakers have a blessed Good Friday

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2996 on: March 29, 2024, 09:58:05 AM »

CLYNN   Tucson  ( I'll never forget my father who said until his later childhood he always pronounced Tuck-son) so I always think of that.  When my friend and I traveled to Tucson to see the desert blooms back in the 80's ( very few that year)  I think we may have missed Mt Lemmon - would be hard to I imagine.  We did considerable hiking  sigh.

EAGLES    Our school trip to DC was when I was junior in high school.  We went to Kennedy's "grave" eternal flame.  No grave site established yet.  Very memorable.
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #2997 on: March 29, 2024, 10:15:21 AM »

Especially honoring my brothers, Larry and Dan, USAF Vietnam War, DaNang Air Base and Monkey Mountain; Philippines, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam. My mother's brother, my Uncle Paul  USAF Vietnam War, DaNang Air Base and Monkey Mountain; Cambodia, Vietnam.
Dan's war buddy Larry H. USAF Vietnam War, DaNang Air Base and Monkey Mountain and Cambodia, Vietnam.
Dan's Air Force buddy, Dave C. USAF, Vietnam, Da Nang Air Base and Chu Lai. 
KB's husband, Scott H.,  U.S .Navy San Diego and Vietnam War, Vietnam     

Korean War:
KB's dad, Ross B., US Army

My  heartfelt love, respect, undying and sincere gratitude for the sacrifice of those listed above.

And, most certainly to all those who've served and continue  in your sacrifice so I and my loved ones may live '...in the home of the brave and the land of the free'. God bless you and your families, keeping you safe until you're home again.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 10:55:52 PM by Phyl »

#istandwithisrael

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2998 on: March 29, 2024, 10:26:20 AM »

Lilbro thinking of you, and remembering your beautiful sister Lindawyo!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #2999 on: March 29, 2024, 10:34:51 AM »

Thinking of you,Lilbro  and remembering your sister Lindawyo!
I'll always remember her pet shames---so very funny. A sweatheart lady.  I miss her.

#istandwithisrael