Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 542373 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1080 on: February 01, 2024, 06:59:03 PM »

Puff Thank you for the words.   I quite understand about how you feel about Ashley.  Grief is a mystery and each person grieves differently from the other.   
 I keep Samantha, Mitch and Mike on  top the china hutch, keeping my mother company.  She loved them, too.
I know how you feel about your doc retiring my dentist has sold his practice to a younger partner. Doc will be leaveing two weeks after my appt in April. I'll miss that man. We had such fun with our names---he Phillip and me Phyllis. Then there's the last names.  ;D 

CLynn I so enjoy all your 'Peace' collection.  The pig-tailed barefoot girl on  house side is very interesting and creative as is the book shelves on the brick building.  The pizza mural looks tasty.  ;D   Cute 2yr old--looks familiar.  ;)  Sadly I don't remember 'Fizzies' but there's something flavored and fizzing that came in  striped colored straws---

Lisa Publix isn't taking orders on K. cakes instead they've  ordered and set them out. We may have missed the boat on cinnamon.  :(
Glad to here your mama is recovering nicely. Let the mystery cruise begin.  Boobies or 'our girls' jiggle naturally---Just go braless and flip that shirt up high.  Don't forget to smile.  ;)  LOL

Tsk when I was in Jr High I had a tent dress, sleeveless,  the  yoke came just above the  nipple line with a 'A' plet in the front middle. I hated it 'cuz it looked like a maternity dress.  ::)  I don't like the  last murals posted  in Minnie either.

CLynn many tks for Big Bear Bald Eagles - 3rd EGG!!! update and all.  Sweet brown bear cubs and coloful  houses in
Qaqortoq, Greenland

KB glad the Ollie-man found his leash. Super photo from Paul Pluswik in Ely MN  tks. Really creative tree stump.
 That's a prize winner if ever.

Oh Tig love thos snaps of you!   Esp the one in black velvet (?) with dotted Swiss sleeves and dress matching bows. Do you and Camper have plans to see 'Argyle' it opens tomorrow night. The adverts/trailer make it look like lots of 'fun' and excitement.  And, the kitty is played  by 'Chip the Cat' who belongs to Director Matthew Vaughn's  wife and daughter.  Hope it goes to DVD/BluRay.

Lani pretty 'Hello February'; I too hope for a successful season the Norths. St Christopher be with Mike. Maggie and I have been seeing Mike around the house going to and fro.  ???

Hi Bazi food pyramids  LOL

Karen  ;)  also thanks for explaination on your neighborhood.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1081 on: February 01, 2024, 07:17:00 PM »

Good Night Everyone...SEDs   

Sauces bald eagle cam

Puff

« Reply #1082 on: February 01, 2024, 07:47:46 PM »

Yes, tsk.  Whatever is broadcast for Chgo/Ord/Loop doesn't hit the same temp we end up getting.  Off by 3-5 degrees, sometimes warmer sometimes cooler.  Today was almost a difference of 8 I think.  Back down now to 39.  Ooops.

P

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1083 on: February 01, 2024, 09:55:31 PM »

Lani -We have gotten a lot of rain of which we are grateful, but there are nearby areas that tend to flood, so not all good, but the great thing is, the rain fills the reservoirs and lakes.   A few years ago, we had such a drought that Lake San Antonio, CA was reduced to a mere puddle.  We got out of the drought last winter thanks to lots of rain!  Now, our lakes are full.  They filled Lake San Antonio with 5,000 lbs of trout a week or so ago!!
Glad Aly will receive rain too!!   That's great that Mike will be back home tonight!! :) :)

Phyl - Thank you for posting a reminder of this being American Heart month.   I think I know how special Maggie is to you & Jim - she is lucky to have such a loving household and plenty of TLC. :-*    Love the '57 Ford Fairlane!!  Retro Coca-Cola  ;D

Puff - I feel for you in your sadness for losing your Cardiologist to his retiring soon.   How about if you take a special gift (of whatever you think) along with a nice note to his medical office and drop it off for him?  This is just a suggestion based on your post asking what you can do for him. :)    Just read you started your own business - congratulations!  You are a busy girl!!

Clynn - What a nice story of how your Dad got you a Ford Fairlane for your 18th birthday!!   Love your cute, darling picture at age 2 :)  Like the tent dresses!!     Just read what you said to Lori!!  A third egg at Big Bear BE nest!!!! Awesome!!! :-* ;D

LisaG - Happy your Mom is already back to feeling like her old self!! :)

Tsk - Glad to know that B & T are doing well & fine in FL right now! :)

Kb - Beautiful MN sunset!

Tig - Cute, darling photos!!! :) :)

Lori - Thank you for the vid showing the 3 beautiful eggs at the Big Bear BE nest!!

Karen - Sound like a great idea your friend Mickey has in building a room across the lakeside of the house! Maybe after the room is built, you can go visit and enjoy the view of the Lake! :)    For now, rain has subsided, but more rain & showers are expected every day for the next 4 days or so!

Beakers have a nice evening - sleep well

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1084 on: February 01, 2024, 11:09:44 PM »

Lori, thanks for Big Bear Eagle gifs... God bless mom/dad keep the snow off and keep egglets warm  :-*

Baz,I remembered Frizzies after you described it on your tongue.  ;D ... Good for you! Taxes done! .. food pyramid! LOL!

Kb, Pencil tree stump, very imaginative.  ;D

Clynn, love the bear family.... Greenland pic would make a great puzzle.

Karen, Enjoy reading your posts, thanks for sharing.... yes, Mike's home and in bed. Milo is sleeping next to him.

{{{Phyl, Jim and Miss Maggie}}} Sometimes the cats and Sadie are watching something I can't see. I agree with you, "grief is a mystery and each person grieves differently from the other." I could say more, but enough said.

{{{Puff}}}

Eagles, It's raining! And we may get a lot of it!  ;D Hopefully, it stops by morning so we can get our walk in and then rain again! Or snow!  ;D... We need to fill our reservoirs too, creeks and rivers for the critters. But, I pray it doesn't flood in your area.

Good night!

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Eagle's mom, Tig, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #1085 on: February 02, 2024, 01:44:09 AM »

Good Morning Everyone....  

Happy Ground Day !

Currently 36F cloudy    High  49F  partly sunny,  Low 29F 

Lots of good posts folks. Enjoyed reading them all.

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

Nature 365:

https://www.nature365.tv/video/2024-02-02-only-crumbs
https://www.nature365.tv/

Groundhog Day: History and Facts
Explore Groundhog Day's shadowy history as well as interesting facts about the custom.

https://www.history.com/news/groundhog-day-history-and-facts?cmpid=email-hist-inside-history-2024-0131-01312024&om_rid=
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 07:37:35 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1086 on: February 02, 2024, 06:29:11 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, I forgot that today is Ground Hog Day! I hope only 6 more weeks of winter! 37 here, high 45 today. Beautiful fox in the 365, love his big bottlebrush tail!
Punxsutawney Phil, and Staten Island Chuck (which I learned about from the article!) Article says Chuck is more accurate than Phil!

Lani, awww, Mike and Milo sleeping peacefully...did you just stand at the door and watch them for a minute?  Glad you are getting some much needed rain, I wonder if you and Sadie are on your walk as I post! Love the kitty paw good night! I made an appointment for the kittens first checkup, required before they are 'fixed'. I checked around after our regular vet quoted $529 and $609 for the spay/neuter, found better prices so I am changing vets. This one has excellent ratings and is much closer, like 4 blocks away! I will ask if they can clip Harley's claws without putting him out. Hopefully they have a way to do it.

E4E, I hope you get just enough rain to keep all the lakes and reservoirs full. I read somewhere that Lake Mead is slowly recovering!

Phyl,

BackYardChickens - Our sweet hens are little confused where they’re supposed to lay… we lowered the hood thinking it would solve the issue. Betty here is quite determined.
Now to find where the others have layed their eggs.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1087 on: February 02, 2024, 07:02:14 AM »

HI EVERYONE

37 heading to 41  cloudy.

KAREN   Thanks for the clarification.   Think you are right about staying put LOL  Mickey should enjoy that extra room with a view.

PHYL   Red for the month of February.  ;D   Thanks for the reminder on Groundhog day  LOL.    Such striking color on the fox 365

CLYNN  Happy you found better vet prices for these two kids.  Being closer is a plus.  ;D   Was it Lake Mead that they found all sorts of "junk" at the bottom??   When we got Lulu and found she would not allow us to trim her nails, she was a noodle in the arms of the vet techs!!  Now we give her a gabapentin in her food - not an easy task mind you as she smells it and won't eat - she gets enough where hours later she is tired and we can get it done - We do this every 3 weeks.  A lot cheaper than the vet and boy those nails go right through jeans.   Engine with the eggs - crazy  :o

LANI   You have the eye for a good puzzle - Greenland - Right ;)   Beautiful good night photo.  Says a lot.
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1088 on: February 02, 2024, 07:24:53 AM »

tsk, thank you for sharing your nail clipping experiences! I am definitely going to ask the vet when the little ones have their check-ups next week! I think I could get Harley to eat drug tainted food if it in hidden in the Kitten food!  Yes, it was Lake Mead, they found 5 bodies/skeletons and numerous other items, I think it was in 2022.

FYI, on the website Jigsaw Planet you can make a puzzle out of any picture! You just click on it from a picture on your computer.  https://www.jigsawplanet.com/

Danny Green Photography  ·  I have just got back from a trip to Yellowstone which is a location I have been going to for many years now. I always look forward to going as it is one of the best places to see and photograph Wolves. Even so they are not easy and you do need a vast amount of luck to be on your side. Around 50% of the Wolves in Yellowstone are Black and although I have seen them many times I have always felt I haven't managed a good photo of one. That changed on this trip as we came across a pack called the Wapiti pack and most of its members are black. It was an amazing encounter with this pack as usually a wolf sighting lasts a few minutes but on this day we spent most of the day with them.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #1089 on: February 02, 2024, 07:44:23 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Lani - Hope Mike is home safe and sound.  Thanks for the bearstudy update. 

baz - News2 wants to know  ;D  I hope you went with the pepperoni food pyramid. 

clynn - The nurse told Mama the same thing that Jennifer said, rushing recovery is probably the worst thing you can do!  What a colorful lil town Qaqortoq, Greenland is.

tig - I literally LOL at your comment about sewing.  Mama sent me to lesson too.  I have never sewed another thing, except a button on. 

Lori - Thank you for Big Bear pic, video and gifs.

kb - Very cool and clever tree pencil. 

karen - Yes, those balconies in NOLA are something else!  ;D

Phyl - Look what arrived for me yesterday by UPS.  :D One of my Decorah friends, that lives in Chattanooga sent it to me.  She is the one that shops at Publix, that I sometime mention.

E4E - Thank you  :-*

tsk, Puff, and all - Morning  :)

Phyl

« Reply #1090 on: February 02, 2024, 08:18:40 AM »

I booted this machine up and can you imagine my  great surprise to see I had already posted for this morning!!  :o
"What! Huh?" I thought. Then it 'dawned' on me---last night instead of hitting 'preview' so I could save it for set up this morning,  I hit 'post' key.  ::) ::)  Well I got a
couple of good chuckles out of it.
Which I need as I often have weeping spells when I look at Maggie, my sweet baby.    Yesterday was bad as
I couldn't do my chores for wiping my eyes (no my mascara is tear proof so is eyeliner) and blowing my nose...
Last night, I was so tired and eager to get to bed 'early' that I didn't  even finish it for this morning. And, we all know Nature 365 isn't updated that early the next day.
Soooooo...

CLynn  'Pixy Stix' thanks . Yes. That's what I was thinking of yesterday. Awesome blk wolf in Yellowstone by Danny Green.
such an'odd' place to lay ones future chicks. Wonder what the logic was going on?  Oh, wait...LOL

Tsk Yes. 'Red' for February as it's AHA's Heart Month campaign and Valentine's Day. Which Jim never celebrates, BTW.
On subject of clipping kitty claws : We put on vinyl exam gloves out of sight of the cats-- I just have Jim gently pick the cats up one at a time and
carry them into hall bathroom and set them in the clean basin while holding them and I quickly clip the front paws only.  The back are need for defense
Maggie's so up in years her claws aren't that sharp anymore.

Lani Yes. Your 'Good Night' image says so much!  It brought tears to me again yesterday.

Lisa  good deal on the King Cake. Maybe they still have cinnamon and Jim can get us one. I'll have to call him.

It's Friday and time for  a fancy dress .

Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #1091 on: February 02, 2024, 09:09:18 AM »

((Phyl)) - Big hugs!

BrokenLug

« Reply #1092 on: February 02, 2024, 09:24:22 AM »

Phyl, I forgot that today is Ground Hog Day! I hope only 6 more weeks of winter! 37 here, high 45 today. Beautiful fox in the 365, love his big bottlebrush tail!
Punxsutawney Phil, and Staten Island Chuck (which I learned about from the article!) Article says Chuck is more accurate than Phil!

According to Chuck and Phil it will be an early spring.   :-\

https://abc7ny.com/staten-island-chuck-groundhog-day-zoo-more-winter/14380548/

Chuck's my go to Marmota monax (aka: chuck, wood-shock, groundpig, whistlepig, whistler, thickwood badger, Canada marmot, monax, moonack, weenusk, red monk, land beaver) prognosticator.   :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staten_Island_Chuck#Past_predictions

« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 09:31:21 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

karengramke

« Reply #1093 on: February 02, 2024, 10:25:54 AM »

Happy Ground Hog Morning!   Anybody going to watch the Movie, today?
Sunny and temps creeping up!
Read an article on archaeologists finds in North Eastern Germany dating back 45,000 years when the area was like Siberia in climate.   The previous thought was neanderthals were the norm but the remains found were homo sapiens!   They also found horses, rhinos and reindeer remains!  Think this group Spread  over nothern Europe.   Never know what you might find whike digging in your back yard !

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1094 on: February 02, 2024, 10:36:51 AM »

TGIF Beakers!
Hi Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

BL ;D

Lisa, what a wonderful friend you have! Your wish was answered.  ;D

Tsk and Clynn, the beautiful photo of the lone wolf watching from the tall trees would make a great puzzle. It would be a difficult one.

Clynn We had a nice gentle rain throughout the night. So we left for our morning walk when there was a break in the weather, 15 minutes later it started to sprinkle, then hail, then sleet and we continued on... came home an hour later...  drenched by it felt good.  ;D ... I gave Sadie a good rubdown with a towel, fed her and made me a nice hot bowl of oatmeal with honey... Glad you found a cheaper vet for the furry family and closer to you too. That's a ridiculous cost, it's about that here too. I remember when it didn't cost that much... why would a chicken want to lay their eggs under a car hood.  ??? Nothing cozy about a that place.... oh my, eerie discoveries in Lake Mead  :-\

{{{Phyl and Miss Maggie}}} sending big hugs and prayers.... beautiful fox.... early spring, Easter, I feel like the year will be rushing by and it's only February.  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander