Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 526759 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1065 on: February 01, 2024, 01:29:25 PM »

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1066 on: February 01, 2024, 01:32:00 PM »

Lisa, good to hear that Mom is taking it slow!  Jennifer (our RN) always told us that rushing recovery is probably the worst thing you can do!

Lani, beautiful Fisher, and in the Bear Study, lovely Mink and beautiful Fox! Mike coming home, I bet he will be glad to walk in the door!

tig, you were a cutie, well, I guess we all were back then! I often made a dress in one day, I was quite a seamstress until about 15 years ago!  I made 5 things in Home Ec class while most worked on one, and I always tried to help the others. It's just like most things, it was in my blood!

tsk, you're right, we haven't had a nest with 3 eggs since the last of Mom and Dad Decorah, the year Dad disappeared!

kb,
you think painted murals on buildings are disgusting? Some aren't very good, but there are many that are beautiful!

Beautiful mural in Cincinnatti! They showcase their murals, you can even take a tour!  https://www.artworkscincinnati.org/public-art/murals/all-murals/

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1067 on: February 01, 2024, 01:50:11 PM »

Clynn... my best recollection is my Mom made most, if not all, of my dresses in those days. I did not take home ec but my Mom enrolled me in a sewing class. She decided I should make a difficult outfit so I would learn all the skills: a corduroy culotte skirt with jacket and vest! I never sewed another thing...  >:(

camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #1068 on: February 01, 2024, 01:53:18 PM »

Clynn - we have nothing beautiful like you showed....only graffiti....if you lived here and other places around the world you'd know...yes, that is disgusting.
Greece and Cyprus are known for it....beautiful countries destroyed.

Furthermore as I stated, Twin Cities are being destroyed with "Soviet Style" apartment complexes everywhere.

I love beauty....as should everyone...but, some apparently don't.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 01:58:06 PM by kbshcb »

baziunc

« Reply #1069 on: February 01, 2024, 01:59:36 PM »

For Lori! - Big Bear Bald Eagles - Just now a 3rd EGG!!!

Thank You Kim Wiles

AWE-SOME!!!  :-* :-* :-*  Thanks, Clynn!!  :) :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #1070 on: February 01, 2024, 02:11:48 PM »

Thank you Clynn!!!
Big Bear Bald Eagle Cam home of the lovely Miss Jackie & the handsome Shadow with 3 eggs!!!

My video on youtube :) https://youtu.be/E9SEiZHWaIk?feature=shared via lorid

Courtesy of FOBBV https://www.friendsofbigbearvalley.org/
The opinions presented do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Friends of Big Bear Valley (FOBBV).

« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 03:07:05 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

baziunc

« Reply #1071 on: February 01, 2024, 02:28:21 PM »

GREAT VIDEOS and GIFs! Thanks, Lori!!  :-* :-* (((Jackie and Shadow and 3 egglets!!)))  :-* :-* :-*  Doing a great job of shaking it off! It's gonna be alright.  :) :-*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xG7mH8i-WE
« Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 02:30:59 PM by baziunc »

Puff

« Reply #1072 on: February 01, 2024, 02:30:26 PM »

2:28 and 58 degrees.  Can't remember which TV station this morning said it would be hard for it to make it into the 40's.  A little bit of sun will do that!   8)

Did you make it up there too tsk?  Or did you get lake effect?

P

baziunc

« Reply #1073 on: February 01, 2024, 02:42:03 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

I loved all the throwback posts!!  :D  It's fun seeing them. Clynn, I remember Fizzzies - we thought they were so much fun, and of course we had to put one directly on our tongue! Oh wow, LOL!  ;D

I was lucky to get all my docs pretty early for preparing taxes this year, so I got my state and federal taxes electronically filed this morning. Woot!  Bring on the refund!  ;D

I'm thinking over my dinner options... so I'm reviewing the food pyramid below, and leaning toward the one on the right side
;D

kbshcb

« Reply #1074 on: February 01, 2024, 04:01:45 PM »

Somebody has a sense of humor in my neighborhood! A very large pencil.

I'm guessing it's harder than a number 2!

clynndunn

« Reply #1075 on: February 01, 2024, 04:15:19 PM »

baz, I like the choice on the right as well! Here is a mural you will love!  Taylor Swift, good dancing mucis!!

Puff, 54 here right now, we had some sun today!

Lori, so happy about Jackie and Shadow, constant prayers that they have a good year...they deserve it!

kb, I have lived in MN and other places around the world, murals and graffiti are not the same thing. I don't care for the Soviet style apartment buildings either, is this what you are talking about? They are ugly, seems like trying to cram as many people in one building as possible. Great something to do with a dead tree!

tig, you sound like my sister Becky. She took Home Ec one year for some reason, made one frumpy dress and never wore it. She never wore dresses. She said her and Mom were in JC Penneys getting the fabric and everything and Mrs. Saxe, the Home Ec teacher was there too. Mom and Mrs. Saxe picked out the material.  She was also Mom's Home Ec teacher!

Qaqortoq, Greenland

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #1076 on: February 01, 2024, 04:20:32 PM »

Clynn - yes that is the style of apartments that have gone up in my city almost non-stop...they take homes here in the hundreds for them..and then applaud themselves.
Murals here are ugly.
I'm sure you haven't been here recently to see the changes...nor in other countries.
I'm not denying their are some pretty murals...just not in the majority.

clynndunn

« Reply #1077 on: February 01, 2024, 04:39:09 PM »

kb, have you seen this one? I bet you like it! 1 South 5th Street in Minneapolis.

Have you seen any of these?   https://www.minneapolis.org/things-to-do/arts-culture/murals-public-art/

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1078 on: February 01, 2024, 06:19:02 PM »

CLYNN  A work of art for sure with that Cincinnati mural.  That town in Greenland looks like the little houses you find on a kids train set  LOL

TIG   LOLOL  Mom had me make a corduroy straight skirt and a vest .  I actually wore it but am sure she helped me.  LOL    I never sewed once I left home.

LORI   Pretty nasty there at Big Bear  :o.

PUFF    I heard on ABC that it got to 54 today, officially.  You were probably warmer further south.

BAZI   One on the right I vote for... ;) ;)

KB   Funny pencil  ;D  To be honest the murals Clynn posted in Minneapolis are not my favorites either... :o :o
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #1079 on: February 01, 2024, 06:31:27 PM »

Sunny day!   Maybes close to Puffs temp!
Love murals on buildings!  Graffiti , not so much!  Notes on bathroom walls like, call sos and so for a good time, not at all!   The first  murals I saw were in. MExico by Diego Rivera!   Kb, where in the world have you seen the ugly murals?    Some of the soviet style buildings would benefit  with a little art work! Maybe a tree, big nest  and some eagles! 

Got a ridiculous container of water delivered today!  Do  not even ask!  Has a spigot at the bottom!   Looked like a gallon on the website! 

Baz, I will try to explain!  Friend Mickey lives in a house on Lake Springfield in Central, Illinois!  They are building a room across the lakeside of the house!  They had a structure there on top of  the deck which was damaged in a storm!  They and their cat liked the room and the view of water, wildlife, etc so are building!   They do not like the cold and snow!

Jackie is my neighbor , across the street!  She bought two lots on a small lake in our county because they. Bought a boat!   Thought she might build a  boat house on this property!  Now, she is building a house there on the bigger of  the  two lots  which is also on the lake!  Her other lot is across the street and not on the lake!  Jackie wants to sell this smaller lot!

Bottom line, I am not moving to this location!   Not wild about lakes that are measured in acres And frequented by gators!   This location is very overpriced as well!

Lani, glad Mike is home or should be soon!
Tsk, I border on behaving like Tim!    No sports for me!
Lisa, glad thing are back to nirmal!   They shake a whole lot on the balconies, in NOLA!   The things one can see makes for very red
Cheeks!
Eagles. Keep your tootsies dry!  Phyl, thanks for all posts!

« Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 08:41:51 PM by karengramke »