Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 539219 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1095 on: February 02, 2024, 11:32:20 AM »

Sunny day!   Maybes close to Puffs temp!
Love murals on buildings!  Graffiti , not so much!  Notes on bathroom walls like, call sos and so for a good time, not at all!   The first  murals I saw were in. MExico by Diego Rivera!   Kb, where in the world have you seen the ugly murals?    Some of the soviet style buildings would benefit  with a little art work! Maybe a tree, big nest  and some eagles! 

Got a ridiculous container of water delivered today!  Do  not even ask!  Has a spigot at the bottom!   Looked like a gallon on the website! 

Baz, I will try to explain!  Friend Mickey lives in a house on Lake Springfield in Central, Illinois!  They are building a room across the lakeside of the house!  They had a structure there on top of  the deck which was damaged in a storm!  They and their cat liked the room and the view of water, wildlife, etc so are building!   They do not like the cold and snow!

Jackie is my neighbor , across the street!  She bought two lots on a small lake in our county because they. Bought a boat!   Thought she might build a  boat house on this property!  Now, she is building a house there on the bigger of  the  two lots  which is also on the lake!  Her other lot is across the street and not on the lake!  Jackie wants to sell this smaller lot!

Bottom line, I am not moving to this location!   Not wild about lakes that are measured in acres And frequented by gators!   This location is very overpriced as well!

Lani, glad Mike is home or should be soon!
Tsk, I border on behaving like Tim!    No sports for me!
Lisa, glad thing are back to nirmal!   They shake a whole lot on the balconies, in NOLA!   The things one can see makes for very red
Cheeks!
Eagles. Keep your tootsies dry!  Phyl, thanks for all posts!

Karen, thanks for the additional info.  :)  I understand now that Mickey is building a room on her existing house facing the water for that great view. But you said they don't like the cold and snow, so that made me wonder if they are also building a home in the South - in Georgia?? At the same lake where Jackie is building??  ;)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 11:47:31 AM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #1096 on: February 02, 2024, 11:44:46 AM »

Baz,I remembered Frizzies after you described it on your tongue.  ;D ... Good for you! Taxes done! .. food pyramid! LOL!

Lani, LOL, remembering the Fizzies on the tongue!  Do you also remember Pop Rocks? They came after Fizzies. We would pour some Pop Rocks on our tongues and close our mouths, and they would "explode." LOL!  I have your game set to record tomorrow afternoon, before my game. I will be watching your Jayhawks off and on, and will be nervously watching every second of my Heels v. the Dookies. Go Heels!  :D

« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 12:23:19 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #1097 on: February 02, 2024, 12:02:40 PM »

TGIF Beakers!

Now, that's the spirit!!! ;D   My new best friend!!   :-* :-* :-*  LOLOL Lani!!  Has to be named Snoop Dogg!!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 12:04:19 PM by baziunc »

baziunc

« Reply #1098 on: February 02, 2024, 12:17:50 PM »

HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY, BEAKERS!  :D

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1099 on: February 02, 2024, 01:21:40 PM »

CLYNN   That is a cool website but to be honest I cannot sit at a computer any more than I already do  LOL
I enjoy manually holding pieces and listening to TV or music or the like.  It is very relaxing to me.   I have 12 containers of sorted pieces right now for the 1,000 piece I am doing . Very challenging but I love it.  It'll be 2 weeks Monday that I started it.  Took 2 sessions just to get the border up  LOL  Coincidentally it is a wolf puzzle  ;D  Mine are not black  ;)

LISA   As a child I used to darn socks - Mom taught me...Now socks are just tossed.... :-\    What a wonderful friend you have.  Was it a surprise??

(((PHYL)))     I'm hoping as Lulu ages her nails will no longer be needles  :o  She's 2 yrs 3 months now.  A ways to go I think.    I'd call that a "candy cane" dress.  ;)

LANI   I scroll down and always laugh when I see a dressed dog come into focus.  So funny   Seems like we just took down Xmas at church and in 1 1/2  weeks Lent goes up and the Food drive starts on Wednesday 14th  :o

BAZI   Snoop Dogg - Perfect  LOLOL    Groundhog:   " lyin' all the time"  ::)   ;D
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1100 on: February 02, 2024, 02:06:08 PM »

tsk, you are a true to the jigsaw puzzle puzzler! I think I would like it if I had a good place to work on it! I tried to get Talon and Bella interested in puzzles, it just didn't click. They are electronic kids.  ::)

baz, that dog looks like a heathen, with his fag, dreadlocks and wife beater tee shirt on, and then those cheap shades!  Oops, maybe it's a girl! I remember the Poprocks, my sis and I tried to blow up our teeth!  I still love Sugar Babies, and then there were those necklaces that we wore when we were all sweaty. We ate them without a thought...

karen, I couldn't fine the article about the find in Germany. Can you copy and paste it?

Lisa, you got your King Cake!!!  That was so nice of your friend!

The kittens were next to me at the computer, I sent something to print. The printer started making it's usual noises, and boy, Sophie perked up, on her hind feet, for nearly a minute, long enough for me to take a picture. So curious!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #1101 on: February 02, 2024, 02:24:05 PM »

BL - I am glad that Chuck and Phil are in agreement on early Spring!

karen - I just looked thru the guide on my TV...the movie is on ALL day!  No one can say they missed it.  ;D

Lani - LOL, Snoop Dogg!  Yes, my wish was answered.   :)

baz - Yes, Phil Lyin' all the time...LOL

tsk - It was a complete surprise!

clynn - If that is not the cutest pic of Sophie, so curious!  I loved all those retro candies you posted. The Chiclets gum was my favorite.

Puff

« Reply #1102 on: February 02, 2024, 05:56:21 PM »

Happy Ground Hog Morning!   Anybody going to watch the Movie, today?
Sunny and temps creeping up!
Read an article on archaeologists finds in North Eastern Germany dating back 45,000 years when the area was like Siberia in climate.   The previous thought was neanderthals were the norm but the remains found were homo sapiensamke!   They also found horses, rhinos and reindeer remains!  Think this group Spread  over nothern Europe.   Never know what you might find whike digging in your back yard !

karengramke  Does that mean when I dig to turn over the veggie garden in the spring that I could find gold???

P

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1103 on: February 02, 2024, 06:08:53 PM »

CLYNN    I do remember those candy cigarettes.  I think Mom cringed when we spent our nickel on those.  I didn't do that often as I like my Nancy and Sluggo comic book instead.  Nowadays they have these "graphic" comic books" which are really different.   Oh my gosh - that little Sophie is so cute.    ;D ;D

LISA   LOL  Tim just told me " Groundhog Day is in a loop all day"  LOL

PUFF   You never know - Do you have a metal detector?   ;) ;)
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1104 on: February 02, 2024, 06:19:34 PM »

BL thanks for the 'guys' Chuck & Phil weather verdict.  "Groundpig' and 'Land Beaver' are new terms to me. Today it was 70F  and I had to turn the A/C on for a bit.  I hate
'mowing season'.  :) Y'all have a good Friday night.

Karen Nope. Not gonna watch 'Groundhog Day'. I recall the same article on the burial

OMG! Lani your hound dressed like 'The Snoop Dogg' is a hoot! Thanks for the chuckles.  ;) I will concur about the year
 rushing by.

Tsk I hope your Lulu has a long life and her claws age faster. I'd say you are right on the dress being a 'candy cane' dress. I saw it and thought of  a 'candy stripper'  uniformed nurse's aide and Christmas.

CLynn  My dad loved the Sugar Babies-it was the caramel.  Loved the Chicklets and candy cigs.  I recall the same article about the find in Germany in a, I believe,  Live Science newsletter. I kept it for a bit. It's rare but cats do stand on their hind paws. Awww little Sophie the world is new and a fascination.

Lisa Jim's store has the cinnamon and he brought one home. Won't open it as yet so as not to dry out before we want to enjoy it. Mardi Gras or Shrove Tuesday is but 11 days a way.

Puff No. The odds are you won't find hoards of ancient gold coins and jewellery when you dig up your veggie garden. LOL  ;) ;)

Bazi  "I ain't nothin' but a groundhog---lyin' all the time"  Cute and funny at the same time.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 06:21:49 PM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1105 on: February 02, 2024, 06:49:42 PM »

Good Night Everyone. SEDs... . 

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

BrokenLug

« Reply #1106 on: February 02, 2024, 07:14:09 PM »

The kittens were next to me at the computer, I sent something to print.
The printer started making it's usual noises, and boy, Sophie perked up, on her hind feet, for nearly a minute, long enough for me to take a picture.

So curious!

Well Clynn you have done your good deed for the day.

Pip and I are just Siamese smiling ear to ear over here.  8)
U. S. A.

oldguy

« Reply #1107 on: February 02, 2024, 08:01:35 PM »

Busy day here today - new bed arrived this morning - only took 15 minutes to bring it in and set it up and take the old one with them.  We had purchased new sheets 2 days ago, but forgot that we had no blankets that would fit (went from Queen to King)  So spent the afternoon looking for blankets...

We had a high of 54 yesterday with the sun out, but today no sun, so only a high of 38... gradual warming over the next 10 days - a high of 60 forecast for next Wed and Thur.  Most of our 2 ft. of snow is gone already - only the piles from snow removal left.

I have seen cats watch a printer work and then grab the paper and tear it to pieces...  ::)

Iceland and Kilauea are about to go off again ...
Iceland is on the Verge of an Eruption Again   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SReTIjzdE8I
Hawaii Volcano Watch Report | Kilauea | USGS Update 2/2/2024   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zha2a40ChTU

Q-kids keep getting better...
Quarantine Kids play "Wild Horses"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEOB6N7SZRc
Quarantine Kids play "I Got You Babe"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9THQDBWL_e8

It is almost Caturday....

The Legendary LuLu (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnjwSw-l4WM

My Semi-Feral Cat Finally Let Me Pet Her After 7 Whole Years !!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaH9rZXPE-0

How a stray made me a cat dad of 8   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SF42Lhumec

Maru doesn't usually meow, but he often mumbles something   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfHaxEc2tYo

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

BrokenLug

« Reply #1108 on: February 02, 2024, 10:13:41 PM »

May February never ever catch you complacent. I know.

The Sierra Nevada Mountains are going to go absolutely Ansel Adams in the next 72 hrs. 

Quote from: an old snowshoe hair
If Scotty could only beam us into the Yosemite Valley right now I'd have a pair of Algonquin snowshoes strapped to a pack fit for the upcoming white marsh mellowing of the terrain ..

I'm with you my brother and I here you very well.
Here at base camp .. the snow less, wet, foggy & soggy.

A orange glowing orb they say is on it's way.

Slide the forecast time slider to the end.

https://digital.mdl.nws.noaa.gov/?zoom=7&lat=38.15482&lon=-119.70965&layers=F000BTTTFFTT&region=0&element=19&mxmz=true&barbs=false&subl=TFFFFF&units=english&wunits=english&coords=latlon&tunits=localt

All the Yellow is forecast snowfall over five feet.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 10:27:21 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

baziunc

« Reply #1109 on: February 02, 2024, 10:31:18 PM »

tsk, you are a true to the jigsaw puzzle puzzler! I think I would like it if I had a good place to work on it! I tried to get Talon and Bella interested in puzzles, it just didn't click. They are electronic kids.  ::)

baz, that dog looks like a heathen, with his fag, dreadlocks and wife beater tee shirt on, and then those cheap shades!  Oops, maybe it's a girl! I remember the Poprocks, my sis and I tried to blow up our teeth!  I still love Sugar Babies, and then there were those necklaces that we wore when we were all sweaty. We ate them without a thought...

karen, I couldn't fine the article about the find in Germany. Can you copy and paste it?

Lisa, you got your King Cake!!!  That was so nice of your friend!

The kittens were next to me at the computer, I sent something to print. The printer started making it's usual noises, and boy, Sophie perked up, on her hind feet, for nearly a minute, long enough for me to take a picture. So curious!

Clynn, LOLOL! Yes, that heathen dog looks to be a girl.  :D  Perhaps she is Snoop Dogg in a parallel universe!  ;D ;D Sophie is a hoot! What a great picture of her standing straight up on her hind legs for so long, and her investigative pose next to it. Great catch! She's going to be a real character. Sam and Sophie are great additions to your family and household.  :) :-* :-*  I remember all those candies you pictured! Yep, we ate those candy necklaces without a thought, no matter how old they were, or where all they had been tossed before. LOL! Sugar Babies were one of my first choices at the movie theater, along with Milk Duds, which I don't dare eat now - I want to keep as many teeth as long as I can!  ;D  Oh, the national news tonight - I can't remember if it was ABC or NBC (I saw both tonight) - did a brief story on that archealogical find in Germany that Karen posted about earlier, and that you are wanting the article for. It's a pretty big deal in that subject matter. Very interesting!

Lisa, I saw your King Cake post earlier today. So nice of your friend! Your post made me mentally add it to my grocery list before I went shopping today... that was my first mistake - I only mentally added it to my list.  Yep, that corner shelf of my mind never floated up to the top while I was in the store. Shoot.  ::)

I forgot now who asked earlier... maybe it was TSK? regarding which food pyramid I chose dinner from last night. LOL... the one on the right was calling me big time! But I decided to pass, and will wait and maybe choose that option for Super Bowl day instead.  ;) :D

TSK, yep, I agree with you - it seems I went straight from Christmas to Groundhog Day, and completely bypassed January! The time, the time.

I walked 41 minutes this afternoon. I re-visited the cypress swamp kayak launch. I had the funniest encounter with a pretty big flock of Canada Geese when I walked down the trail toward those woods, and past the geese by a retention pond. I'll have to see if I can describe it sometime. But I don't think I could do it justice. It probably was something you just had to be there to see and appreciate. Even the 11 Mallard ducks (5 hens and 6 drakes) came swimming over just as fast as their little legs could paddle to see what the what?!? LOL!! LOL!! When I walked back by there from the kayak launch, the Mallards were all calmly gliding back to their earlier location in the pond, as if the geese had told them, "Get along now. Nothing to see here." I'm still chuckling over it!  :D

I had a late scrambled egg breakfast this morning, shared with Zippo, and a small non-fat yogurt after grocery shopping. I was hungry when I got home from my walk. Dinner was a big bowl of Organic Girl mixed baby Super Greens, chopped a la Clynn-style :D tossed with sliced raw baby carrots and the last of my homemade EVOO and Balsamic vinegar dressing (loaded with spices and herbs), and topped with fresh broccoli crown sections I roasted, and two, count 'em - two! yummy baked lobster cakes sprinkled with Old Bay, and then drizzled over with a Remoulade... with a glash of pinot grigio. Ahhh...  :)

Oh, back now to reading the rest of the posts... LOL, I got sidetracked.
  :D
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 10:39:31 PM by baziunc »