Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 526761 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1050 on: February 01, 2024, 06:21:03 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tsk - Too funny, no warning of boobie flashing at Mardi Gras, just the jumping up and down.  ;D ;D

karen - Oh, I don't think you would be happy moving to that small town.  ;D  Thanks for the info on the pups. 

BL - Thanks for the tunes.

E4E - Yep, she is back to her old self.  Glad to hear your Mom has been doing good, too.

Lani - Yes, Mardi Gras is early this year, and I missed the date of having a King Cake shipped here!  I was going to get one at the grocery store by Mama's, but I knew it would have been dried out by the time I got back home.  Awww, Top Flat, so sweet. 

Phyl - Thanks for the RRP post.  How is Maggie doing, better now? 

Puff - I know how you feel about your doc retiring.  I have had the same PCP for the past 25 years, and he retired this past year.  Another doc took over his practice, then moved it 45 minutes away.  I just cannot get use to her.  I do need to find someone else. 

LisaG1967

« Reply #1051 on: February 01, 2024, 06:22:50 AM »

clynn - Look at your cute 2 year old self.  :D

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1052 on: February 01, 2024, 06:56:57 AM »

Lisa, glad to hear Mom is back to her old self, that was a good recovery!  It took you longer to get there and back than it did for her to recover! I think one could show boobies without jumping up and down...  ::) ::)  I also know what you and Puff mean, my doctor of 20+ years left to teach and I am not so comfortable with the new one, and now she has a PA that is a bit on the brisk side...  Sigh!

Anyone remember these?

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1053 on: February 01, 2024, 07:13:30 AM »

GOOD MORNING BEAKERS

KAREN   Phew  Was a very busy day for you.   Few questions.  Whose land is it and where?  I think it is your neighbor's land?

EAGLES  B&T doing fine in Fl.  It has been a cold and damp January however. They've had to put their heat on for part of the day.

LANI    Thanks for that great explanation of the initials for names.  Cute little snuggle in that close-up  :)  Hope the good night kitty did not burn it's nose on the light bulb  ;)

PHYL   I just love stick dances  ;D.  Thanks for Amy's blog.  Love that wolf series 365

PUFF   Boy, nothing harder than giving up a good doc who knows you so well.  Hope he will recommend one who will tend to you like he did.

CLYNN  Love it when they paint the sides of buildings.  It only improves life for everyone.  Such a cute pic of you  ;D  I do remember that tent dress style.
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #1054 on: February 01, 2024, 07:45:43 AM »

tsk  Had much in common to talk about.  Appointments were always about 1/2 hour.  First he had to know where I had been.  Hope he treats himself and his wife, and family (?) to some fun travels.  He'd sometimes have his PA call and ask for materials about ?.  But he seldom got to take good length of time off.  Wanted to know what I would recommend.  I said he should streamline his routine, share the burden and time with others - just not my appointments ::)  It's interesting, too, that he wanted to know what to do about all the free time.  Some people never learn, never ask.  (Ton!)

He/We also always found time to talk about the veggie garden.  Got him started on that with suggestions and answers during spring and summer appts.

He was (is?) head of Good Samaritan cardiology.  Wanted to know how retirement hours should be handled.  He doesn't want to be bored.  I find too many retirees like to say they keep busy.  For those who have success and satisfaction in their careers you should not think of it that way.  You have to do more than keep busy.  You have to keep those successful feelings of achievement in what you then do.

One thing I definitely learned after last year is that I am not done.  I retired at 30 teaching in 1994; I started new adventures in 1993 as travel advisor.  As of 2024 I've now started again with ownership of my own travel business.  I'm goofy, I'm 80, but I'm not done?  I'll see what happens in the next year or two to see if I want to retire again.  ;D    8)

My schedule before was started at 6 a.m. to hit the expressway (strange term at that hour) to  drive into the city.  Now I start with my first cup of tea by 6.
 Already did a couple preps for later today.  Have a honey-do list (I make for myself) that I'll run short of time to finish.  There's always later.   ;D  I sound smug.  Sorry!  Not!!!!!

P   
« Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 08:00:47 AM by Puff »

Puff

« Reply #1055 on: February 01, 2024, 08:04:55 AM »

Well, that's a change. . .I left N1 and its low sunrise to come here and hog/post in the Beak.  Went back to check latest at N1 - it's covered in fog.

Made 40 by me yesterday; hoping for 50's today.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1056 on: February 01, 2024, 08:10:00 AM »

For Lori! - Big Bear Bald Eagles - Just now a 3rd EGG!!!

Thank You Kim Wiles

Puff, no rocking chairs! Got to keep on keeping on or we will just fade into the sunset...  You go girl!

tsk, I also love the murals painted on the sides of buildings!

Here is a really cool one!   https://coolmaterial.com/lifestyle/entertainment/building-has-a-tri-level-bookcase-mural-on-the-side/

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

kbshcb

« Reply #1058 on: February 01, 2024, 10:02:34 AM »

Paul Pluswik posts this sunset last night in Ely, MN
We have had some gorgeous ones as well.

Morning all.
Busy day for me.

BL - as my 86 year old neighbor would say: Yep, yep, yep....on Rutt being NW of Fertile, MN

Myself, I don't like painted buildings....a few may be phenomenal, but in general murals/tagging everywhere to me is disgusting.
No more disgusting however than our "Soviet Style" apartment buildings being built everywhere in the Twin Cities.
People have forgotten wheat beautiful architecture looks like...it is NOT soul destroying for the people who live in them, not live near them.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1059 on: February 01, 2024, 10:14:29 AM »

bounce

Yes, KB, I have remarked about our sunsets several times this week!

Root Beer Fizzies was my favorite as a child.

Here is my throwback pic (aged 2, 4, 5) ... I just happen to have a folder of old pics handy while working to declutter.

Happy eagle-watching Thursday!
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #1060 on: February 01, 2024, 11:35:33 AM »

clynn - Mama is doing very well with her recovery, and can resume her normal activities on Feb 6th.  For now, she is still taking it slow around the house.  Oooo, love the bookcase mural. 

tsk - Cute FEBRUARY greeting.

Puff - A very thick dense looking fog in Decorah this morning. 

Phyl - Thanks for the 365.

kb - WOW, that gorgeous sky!

tig - Awww, cute pic of your lil self.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1061 on: February 01, 2024, 12:10:24 PM »

Bearstudy - Fetching Faces - UPDATE January 30, 2024
https://www.bearstudy.org/updates/daily-updates/4869-fetching-faces-update-january-30-2024.html?fbclid=IwAR1CNH0dlrULG2HL2cnDpOBZ4Ua5KpGrhV_t_A_sf3DOuLGdzjOussVlibA

Fisher Male

Hello February!  :-*

Morning Beakers!
Hi Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

{{{Tig}}} oh my gosh! adorable pics  :-*

Kb, love the sunset over Ely, MN Black Bear country!  :-*

Lisa Easter is going to be early this year, late March. I feel like spring is being rushed! LOL! .. so glad your mama is going slow and easy.  ;D

Clynn, Each Albatross is tagged with color bands so they can be clearly identified as to who, what, when & where they come from. That is how they can go back in their records with each Albatross to the early 1900's.... Love the painted buildings .... awww you're adorable! ... love the 60's dresses. They were an quick and easy pattern to sew. I could make one dress in a day... Heavy snow over Big Bear Eagles nest  :'( prayers to keep the eggs from freezing     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4-L2nfGcuE

{{{Puff}}} {{{Ashley}}} there's no better place for her to be  :-* I always see our pets urns everyday. No one knows but me.... Oh, how I understand how you feel about your special doctor retiring. Living in Salina, Kansas and then leaving behind the doctors/medical associates that we became close friends too was difficult. We don't have that same relationship here.

{{{Phyl, Miss Maggie and Jim}}} "Go Red!" ... classic Thursday Throwback pics  :). .... thanks for RRP update on The Norths! I pray this will be a successful season for them.

Mike should be landing at Phoenix Sky Harbor soon and be home this afternoon.  ;D
Have a great day everyone!

Prayers the snow stops over Big Bear Eagles nest.
Keep mama and the three eggs warm!🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1062 on: February 01, 2024, 12:19:15 PM »

PUFF  You have a wonderful relationship with your doc.   Think that is where Tim has gone astray.  No hobbies, no interest in volunteering or exercise,  Now even golf and fishing are less and of course only summer.  That's what makes us all different...Think we may have just hit 50...Bright and sunny and am loving it.

CLYNN   We haven't seen a 3 egg nest in a long time.  Thanks for the Big Bear update.   That wall painting is amazing!!!

TIG   Weren't you just a cutie - Love the devilish look in the 5 yr pic  ;D

LANI   Beautiful AM heart.  :)   Love all of Lynn's winter posts.  Such a variety of critters to watch.
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1063 on: February 01, 2024, 01:10:03 PM »

Baz - Thanks for those yummy looking pics.!
As I stated my ancestors are all from Norway.....just not quite that far north!
I grew up on lutefisk and lefsa....and, my grandma visited her home in Norway many times up into her 80's

I have a geneology paper with all their names and cities and when they left for america in 1865....

Pretty cool.

He'll have to share his impression when he returns with us.

Is he Norwegian?

KB, I wondered about his cod meal, but it doesn't look like it was prepared the way lutefisk is. My nephew doesn't have any Norwegian family on his mother's side (my sister/my family), and, to my knowledge, he doesn't have any on his father's side. I might have to ask my sister about that to confirm about on his father's side (my sister's ex-husband). He, and his father's family, is tall though!   :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1064 on: February 01, 2024, 01:25:34 PM »

Been busy for a few days. At least for me!   Got a hair cut yesterdat, bought some graphite for the  storm door lock , fixed that and srnt a package back thru Fed Ex!   Spent a lot of time on the phone with my neighbor who has ben talking to Mickey, my friend in Illinois about selling our houses and buying a lot on a lame where she just broke ground for a house!  This town is so small you cannot find it on the map and the only grocery store is Piggly Wiggly which  is in the  next town!  Mickey can go but I am not moving there!   The lake is very small and has alligator!   Lots are over priced at over 100,000!  The only businesses in town are a gas station and a Dollar General!
Today I washed and folded  clothes, washed hair, washed bathroom rugs, cleaned a little little and finally read the
 Beak!     Nothing exciting here!  Hoping those in the midwest and Alaska did not get a sun burn today!
This is the second time I have read the Amelia Earhart article  and I think it is her plane .   Time and a lot more money will tell!

Karen, you were very busy! Yay for getting your haircut, too! Okay, I need you to clarify for me... Do you mean Mickey is building a house on a small lake in a small town in Georgia? I thought you meant she is building in Illinois, till you said there's an alligator in that lake. So then I guessed it might be in Georgia. Is Mickey building it to be a vacation home for her in the south, or will she be moving there permanently when that house is finished, or is she building it on spec to sell? News2 wants to know.  ;) ;D  I agree with you about the plane! Based on what I have learned about it, and its location, and her flight plans at that time, it sure does beg the question, and there are no other plane crash incidents known for that location. Plus, her plane's tail configuration was not a common one, and it has the same shape as what the sonar view shows. But I think they said it is in 16,000 feet of water! I know that sonar images from deep water can so often fool the eye. It will be interesting to learn what they find if they ever get a deep water submersible to get closer to try to better identify what that is. It would be incredible if it turns out to be her plane!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center