Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 223244 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1020 on: January 31, 2024, 07:54:55 AM »

Morning!

Tower is here and the sun is shining to boot!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1752315809270206564
Baby elephant fell asleep, worried mother elephant went to get the keepers because she couldn't wake up her baby.

I'm flummoxed. I have 3 Scott made short dog leashes for Ollie man in his house. Blue and white rope with 3 different clasps.
One is somehow missing...the one with the hardest clasp to open btw.
I've looked inside and out and can't find it.
Have no idea how this can happen. I hook him up with his short rope on in front and last evening when I went to do that before opening the door (I hold on to him when I do with the short rope) it was gone so I put on another.
An hour or so earlier I had taken him out back and then I attach a retractable leash on him (only place I use it for out back in the dark) I don't take his short leash off either...but don't remember if it was on or not. I think I would have noticed.

I can't imagine how he could get it off himself.
Couldn't go back to sleep last night just thinking about it. LOL

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1021 on: January 31, 2024, 07:58:49 AM »

tsk, it's coming! TWC says this for us today Some clouds this morning will give way to generally sunny skies for the afternoon.  It will be wonderful with 54 and sun!  Should take care of most of the snow (except for the huge piles that will take longer...).

Puff, it's a very good 'pick me up'!

kb, awww, that baby ellie was sound asleep, how cute, his run to Mama after he wakes up! 

The Most Beautiful States in the U.S., Ranked   https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/most-beautiful-states-in-america   I see Iowa ranks last, they obviously have never seen the Decorah Eagles!  ;D

https://www.archdaily.com/973183/the-building-that-moved-how-did-they-move-an-11000-ton-telephone-exchange-without-suspending-its-operations

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #1022 on: January 31, 2024, 08:11:17 AM »

I found it!....outside in the fenced in back yard. The grass is a bit tall so earlier this am I didn't see it.

I have no idea how it came off him.
Luckily I don't walk him with these nor use them for anything other than holding on to him before letting him hooking him up outside.

Less flummoxed, but still some.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1023 on: January 31, 2024, 08:28:40 AM »

Decorah Eagles - Sue Bruhling - Mr. North - How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...How Beautiful is Mr. North & his Lady, DNF?? Beauty Beyond Words ❤ ❤ ❤
Decorah North Eagles - January 30, 2024 - Thank You! Debbie Botelho for sharing your Post & Picture with us!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #1024 on: January 31, 2024, 08:30:36 AM »

Baby News! Eagle Country SW Florida CONGRATULATIONS On First Hatch of Season
Beakers, I posted pics a couple years back of Nic & Vic with little ones Mossy & Hickory, they were little characters!

Hello big yellow beak nice to meet you!

Where's my breakfish???

1/31/2024~Eagle Country~CONGRATULATIONS On First Hatch of Season 2023-2024🐥 via ladydeeagle55 https://youtu.be/ET6IpIQRFJU?feature=shared

First good view of the Eaglet.. Welcome little one..🐥

Following the unfortunate incident when Hurricane Ian brought down the nest tree that Blaze and Abby once occupied, we’ve been eagerly awaiting to see where they might choose to rebuild. Throughout the last season, we observed their presence, but there was no clear “established nest,” and regrettably, no eaglets.Today, we are delighted to report that they are constructing a new nest in a fresh location on our family’s property, approximately 700 feet southwest of the old nest site. The tree they’ve selected is robust and has weathered numerous storms. We’ve revitalized our equipment and installed our cameras in this tree, believing it will become their new nest site. As we rebuild, we plan to add more features. Currently, you can enjoy our Nest Cam, Bayhead Cam, Remote Tree Cam, and our beloved Cow Cam.The future was uncertain, but it brings us immense delight to witness their long-awaited return.We’re excited to once again share with you the majesty of the American bald eagles. 

Some Back History ..
​Eagles have nested here since 2001. Their original nest and tree blew down in Hurricane Irma after 16 years. Nic  & Vic (the pair at the time ) They built a new nest in an adjacent tree. That nest unfortunately blew down in an unseasonable storm on 12-21-18. The nest you see now, the eagles built up after Dandy & Spur. Nic & Vic nested again and fledged 2 more,Hickory & Mossy in  2019/2020 season.
Nic & Vic did not nest here last season 2020/2021. Our hope is that they have moved on to a new area..There were a few males Eagles Fighting over the territory,nest and the  1 constante female which Eagle Country named Abigail( Abby) for short. As of Nov 1st 2021 ,when cams went live again for this season, it's been Abby and Skippy (one of the frequent males from last season) (now named Blazer,Blaze for short) here as a new pair. We wish them luck in their new relationship and hopefully for a great season with Bobbleheads too.
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LisaG1967

« Reply #1025 on: January 31, 2024, 08:44:32 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Emy - Glad to hear you have some warmer temps.

baz - "Stonehens"  ;D  Yep, Misty seems to be back to her normal self now.  You are doing great with your walking. 

clynn - Beautiful pic of "somewhere in Norway".  Hoping you can get the kitties fixed soon, so Harley can meet them.  Adorable pic of Sam & Sophie. Awww, Harley.  Wow, I would have thought Iowa would have been in the top 10!  Great pic of the Norths!

tsk - Thank you  :-*  She is just saying that she is tired.  Told her, you had major surgery.

E4E - Thank you  :-*  How is your Mom doing?

Lani - Thank you  :-* 

Phyl - Thank you  :-*  Thanks for the 365. 

kb - Aww, Mama ellie. 

Lori - Congrats to Eagle Country SW Florida!

karen, tig, Puff and all - Morning  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1026 on: January 31, 2024, 11:46:14 AM »

Royal Albatross - 1/31  Top Flat Track chick has hatched! Weight 270g

Jim arrives, sprays BOK's (swapped with WYL yesterday) nest with AIL & places their little chick under her with a thank you.
Later in the day, a health & weight check with Sharyn.

Congrats BOK & WYL
Royal Albatross ~ BOK's Egg Has Hatched & Returned! Ranger Sharyn Does A Weight Check! 1.31.24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdeaqk2Oefg

Jan 31, 2024
Egg-citing news! BOK & WYL's egg has hatched today and was returned to BOK! The video opens with Ranger Megan coming to the Royalcam chick and taking its weight. Then ranger Jim brings the newest hatchling back to the nest and is introduced to Mom. ♥

Later, Ranger Sharyn does a weigh check on the little one! She introduces the Chick to Mom once again!
She gives a thumbs up -all is ok!! Thank you for watching!
Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk

Ranger Sharyn checking BOKs chick and weighing. Thumbs up.

Morning Beakers!
Hi Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Oldguy, thanks for the info on Daryl Hannah... great links.

Phyl, my good night pics always reflect my thoughts and prayers, and at that moment I thought of lonely lost souls whether human or God's beautiful critters that just want to feel the warmth of being touched, comforted and loved.... thanks for RRP blog. I giggled when I saw Decorah Geese listed too! So cute!  ;D ... Thanks for Amelia Earhart article, her story will always be a mystery to solve.

Clynn sweet Harley and kittens.... interesting US states ranked by its beauty. Kansas/Iowa 49 & 50 ... beauty is in the eye of the beholder....  magnificent pic of Mr and Mrs DN

Lori, Congratulations to Eagle Country SW Florida and their new baby! Prayers for a successful season.

Kb, YAY Tower and the sun is shining... awww baby ellie and mom, sweet story.  :-*

Hi Tsk, Lisa, Puff, Tig, Eagles   :-*
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 11:48:33 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #1027 on: January 31, 2024, 12:02:25 PM »

BL    How did that ever happen - the Redwood tree thing?

BL, were you and Jackson and Daryl up there for environmental reasons? I remember a time when there were people staying in the Redwoods to save them from removal, and also to save them from being poached.

Baz/Tsk
I guess you could call it a environmental 'stunt' that Jackson & Daryl were doing to raise awareness for the Giant Redwood Trees. They are both very active environmentalists. I was living in San Diego at the time and had made friends and climbed with some of the climbers that later went on to work on this iconic Nat-Geo picture/article. That's how I got this gig on a recommendation from one of those climbers back in 1990 as he knew J.B. somehow.

I was hired as part of the climbing safety & rigging team as I had prior experience climbing in the CA Giants. We were not told who the 'A-List' clients were going to be before we arrived at the undisclosed location.

We were just told "for god's sake don't let either of these 2 people fall out of the tree" .. well yeah duh' that kind of our job. They were both very cool and down to earth (so to speak) people with no celebrity attitude what so ever. And very good tippers I might add.  ;D

They both had previous rock and tree climbing experience so it wasn't like we had to man-haul them up to their Portaledge for the nights sleepover. The weather was perfect 150' up that night as I recall and the sounds of the forest canopy critters was jaw dropping as usual.   8) 
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 08:53:42 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

karengramke

« Reply #1028 on: January 31, 2024, 12:49:23 PM »

Puppies on theirway home!  Lucy. cooper and Max

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1029 on: January 31, 2024, 12:50:55 PM »

baz, good to see you! Stonehens.... LOLOL!  I have been gathering birthday presents for Bella and Sydney, both have February birthdays! Bella will be 6, Sydney will be 30!

Clynn, thanks for the Jackie and Shadow pic and update! Talons crossed for a successful season for them this year!  :-* The Weather Channel did a highlight on them this morning while I was catching up on the weather news! - showing their Live Nest Cam  and it looked like maybe it was Jackie on the 2 eggs in the nest at that time. Fun to see them talked about on a TV show that gets such broad coverage!! I hope it gets people who don't already follow live cams to look into it and learn more and care more about Bald Eagle, raptors, and "Nurture and Nature" issues. Our Earth needs all the love and care it can get! Thanks for sharing, and thanks to The Weather Channel, too!  :)

Clynn, those are big birthdays coming up soon for Bella and Sydney! My younger twins turned 6 in December, and my LGN will turn 6 not long after Bella does. I remember I was 6 years old when I lost my first front tooth. I bet Bella loses hers soon! Sydney turning 30!  The younger folks won't be able to trust her anymore... LOL... Remember that throwback saying from our days at that age, about not being able to trust people over 30? I was on my 2nd wedding's honeymoon on my 30th birthday, in Key West. At that time, I thought my 30th b'day was the best birthday ever! My songtrack then was, "Margaritaville," but it was replaced later by, "All My Exes Live in Texas."  ;D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #1030 on: January 31, 2024, 01:06:47 PM »

Harley is sitting beside me this morning, as usual!

Sophie is going to be the crazy sleeper, here is another sleep position!

[

Clynn, awww, it looks like Harley is in the middle of doing his Sun Salute yoga stretch this morning.  :-*  He's getting a big dose of love from his Mom.  :-*  And, LOL on Sophie's super-relaxed sleeping positions.  :D  I think Sam is looking at you and thinking, "Mommm!! Get Sophie's butt out of my face!!"  ;D ;) :-* :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1031 on: January 31, 2024, 01:23:33 PM »

PHYL   Just finished the Nat Geo January article on Monarchs.  Even learned a few things  Very interesting Thanks   Learned from a sign posted in magazine section I could download it for free on my Libby app  LOL

KB  Mama elephant learned a new technique from zoo caretaker   LOL

CLYNN  Michigan sneaks in there at #8  before most of the  the Western states are done  LOL  Only Midwest state in Top 10     Well Wisc in the top half anyway LOL   Ill. #48   Midwest -the heartland of America takes a back seat   :(   Amazing story about the Indiana Bell bldg    Wonderful pic of the Norths

Thanks Lori for that nest info. and their new occupants.

LISA  Think I will have cocoa today instead of afternoon tea  ;) ;)

LANI  All those letters for names can get confusing  LOL

BL   Thanks for that great story of safety and celebrity.

KAREN    Yup, cute and as I think Clynn said - a handful  ;D   Lucy, Cooper and Max

BAZI     ;D ;D ;D  " All My Exes Live in Texas"
Chicagoland

baziunc

« Reply #1032 on: January 31, 2024, 02:08:36 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!   :D

Lani, thanks for the great pics and updates on the Royal Albies!  :)  I stay amazed at how calm those gentle giant Royal Albatross parents stay with "the hoomans" handling them and their eggs, babies, and nests.  Bless those wonderful "hoomans!"  :-* :-* :-*  Yeah... it wasn't a happy night last night here after the game...  ::)  I sure hope my Heels can pull it together before they host the Dookies on Saturday!! !! !! Major history between the 2 teams, of course, and since so long ago, as our two campuses are only a 12-minute drive apart... well, depending on the weight of the foot on the accelerator pedal.  ;)  GO HEELS!  :D

TSK, cocoa sounds good! Maybe I will make a cup, too - my bones are chilled for some reason today.  Yep, my only still-living "Ex" now lives in, you guessed it - Texas!!  8)

Karen, awww... great pic of Lucy, Cooper, and Max, on their way home with one of their new Forever Family members.  :) :-* :-*

E4E, I watched The Weather Channel this morning and saw the news of the next giant Pacific storm coming ashore soon in CA and the Pacific northwest. It's going to bring loads of precip, and very high winds and waves in places, too.  There will be feet of snow in some of the higher CA elevations, and it looks like loads of rain coming over a number of days for most all of CA, and beyond - drought-busting stuff, with hopes that it doesn't all come too fast, and I don't think it is expected to. So I hope that means you will be getting some nice rain for your area over the upcoming days.

Lisa, I bet your mom is counting down the days to Mardi Gras, and the next Miss Fischer gathering! Continued good wishes for her recovery to stay on pace.  It sounds like every one is back in the groove at your place.  :D

KB, glad you found the missing leash. Clynn has posted some beautiful pictures of places in Norway recently, and that has reminded me that you had expressed interest in my nephew's recent trip to Norway, staying in the town of Tromso, above the Arctic Circle, and his day trips and forays to even farther points north while he was there. Below, I attached a couple of pics he took of some yummy-looking meals he had while there...  The 1st meal pictured included Smoked cod and roe with creme fraiche, peppers and lingonberries. The 2nd meal pictured includes Whale and red wine sauce with lingonberry, potato salad, pickled onions and carrots. Both meals were in Tromso, Norway.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 02:15:51 PM by baziunc »

kbshcb

« Reply #1033 on: January 31, 2024, 02:38:36 PM »

Baz - Thanks for those yummy looking pics.!
As I stated my ancestors are all from Norway.....just not quite that far north!
I grew up on lutefisk and lefsa....and, my grandma visited her home in Norway many times up into her 80's

I have a geneology paper with all their names and cities and when they left for america in 1865....

Pretty cool.

He'll have to share his impression when he returns with us.

Is he Norwegian?

LisaG1967

« Reply #1034 on: January 31, 2024, 05:49:18 PM »

Lani - Thanks for the Royal update.  Love how the Royal parents are so trusting of the rangers with their baby.

karen - Who is getting new puppies?  I might have missed you saying that.

tsk - If I am not mistaken, today is National Hot Chocolate Day.   Enjoy yours!  :D

baz - Funny you should mention Mardi Gras, when the surgeon came in before surgery Mama asks her...will I be able to go to Mardi Gras?  I rolled my eyes, and the surgeon tells her, yes as long as you are not jumping around for beads.   ::) ;D

Have a good night, everyone!