Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 539236 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #990 on: January 30, 2024, 06:40:36 AM »

HI EVERYONE

BL    How did that ever happen - the Redwood tree thing?

KAREN   Mickey's friend's 3 adopted Maltese puppies - Hope she lives in a place with a big fenced yard  ;D  What fun that will be.  Would love to know their names whenever that happens.

LANI   Sweet good night doggie.
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #991 on: January 30, 2024, 07:12:01 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

tsk, hope you have coffee in your hand!

Lani, so Mike doesn't like the corn in the soup either! Yes, I caught the sweet little wink from Binx! Awww, what a sweet good night dog...

BL, squack is right....  ;D

karen, 3 puppies at once! that's a handful!

Phyl, Where are you this morning? I have no doubt you take excellent care of Maggie, you have a good vet, he should be able to advise you on what is best for her...  We are set for a high of 41 today, and then 5 days in the 50s! I am sure that will change.  :o What a strange winter it has been so far.

Lisa, so it was your bridge that had that accident!  I thought so, and I am so glad you were far away from it! I am sure Jeff heard all about it! It's good to be home I am sure!

E4E, Sam and Sophie are exploring more and more! They just discovered the computer a few days ago and are fascinated with the screen and the mouse moving all over it!

Stelvio Pass, Eastern Alps, Italy

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #992 on: January 30, 2024, 07:16:52 AM »

FYI.  Cliff and Flyway cams have resumed live feed.  Thank you RRP.  :) ;) 8)
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

LisaG1967

« Reply #993 on: January 30, 2024, 08:12:25 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

eburg - Thank you for the heads-up!

clynn - Jeff had called me to let me know about the accident.  He said, it was very foggy Saturday morning and that both spans of the bridge were closed for several hours. I too, am glad he, or I were not crossing that day.  How are you making out with your eye?  Are you adjusting?  Very cool Stelvio Pass, Eastern Alps, Italy, but also scary looking!

tsk - Yes...safe and sound an yes, time for coffee!!! It's so good to have a pot of my own.   :)

Lani - Thank you  :D

Phyl - Yep, I am home, and all in one piece.   ;D

BL - Jackson Browne would be on the stereo, as my Dad would be outside BBQ'ing when I was younger.  He loved his music.

E4E - Bandit and Jeff were excited to see me.  Misty was a lil skittish at first.  I thought that was a lil odd, but I had never been away from her before.

kb, Puff, tig, and all
- Morning  :) 

kbshcb

« Reply #994 on: January 30, 2024, 08:27:14 AM »

Morning all.
Cloudy here once again, but no fog, so an improvement.

Eagles4 - Oh I'd love to visit you....maybe the only place in all of California I wouldn't mind these days.
Trouble is we need to devise a new kind of transportation system, LOL...I don't fly anymore, nor drive on freeways...trains that derail all the time, nope.
Hey, I got an idea: you travel here in the summer!

Lisa - nice to hear you are back home safely.

BL - In the mid 70's I ate lunch in West Hollywood with someone? and Daryl Hannah sat at the table right next to us. Those were the days when actors/Hollywood moguls etc. were able to publicly show up anywhere without being harassed.
And, now she's married to Neil Young!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #995 on: January 30, 2024, 09:46:24 AM »

...Happy Tuesday.

Currently 41F mostly sunny   High  59F scattered rain,  Low 39F

Have been having issues with Google Chrome and RRP forum crashing and loading this AM. What a struggle!!    >:( >:(

Lisa glad to hear you're home safely

CLynn tks for  snap of Stelvio Pass, Eastern Alps, Italy it's lovely; how ya' doing?; LOL squirrel

Lani that's a sweet 'Good Night' boy

Tsk You got coffee!  ;)

eburg nice to 'see' you---tks for heads-up on Cliff and Flyway going back to 'live feed'. I've missed that, too.

Prayers for: Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #998 on: January 30, 2024, 10:37:08 AM »

bounce
Yes, E4E, come visit MN!
Laundry day...
BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #999 on: January 30, 2024, 11:09:57 AM »

Lavin photography writes: "When you get pulled over by the Owl Police, MN"...

Planes are loud this morning with low cloud cover heading NW into the wind.

But, but, one was really loud!...turns out it was an F-22 taking off out of MSP...
Hmm, what you doing here? ...looking for Rutt maybe? He was heading NW.
A citizen took a video of it but not shareable...but, I heard it!

karengramke

« Reply #1000 on: January 30, 2024, 11:30:13 AM »

Phyl, interesting about a battery powered air plane!  What does Jim say about this?   Do not think I will be flying anywhere in 10 years unless it is with the eagles!  Lol
Sunny day with temps peaking about 60 this afternoon!
Lisa, is Misty friendlier now!  Perhaps she was angry that you left!
There are 😭2  males  Maltese puppies. As yet unnamed and one female, now named Lucy!   That was my pick but they did not know it and we are not acquainted!    They live in a  house  with a large fenced in yard and enough room for these puppies!  The thought of house training makes me nervous!   
The owls who took over the  nest in the west pasture at swfl have at least one baby!   Wish they would stay away  from the eagles!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1001 on: January 30, 2024, 11:48:24 AM »

Royal Albatross - 1/30
TF chick's weight & health check this morning saw chick's weight had popped up to 630g.
Thanks to LGL's 2 earlier feeds. She also fed chick this afternoon.

🎥Here is the video of LGL's return yesterday
https://youtube.com/watch?v=E5MfaCOAEsU

Sharyn's update and live links.
Track the chicks weight

https://doc.govt.nz/nature/native-animals/birds/birds-a-z/albatrosses/royal-albatross-toroa/royal-cam/track-the-chicks-weight/

Read more about the rangers work
https://doc.govt.nz/nature/native-animals/birds/birds-a-z/albatrosses/royal-albatross-toroa/royal-cam/rangers-work-for-royal-albatross/

Gular Fluttering in Birds
https://youtube.com/watch?v=IZCuDo5kOZs&t=1s

Morning Beakers!
Hi Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Clynn, I think my picky eater man Mike will like the bacon (well done) on top of the potato soup. Heavy cream will thicken it more, which he loves... for myself I'll top it with bacon, corn, green onions & white cheddar cheese!... zig zagging Stelvio Pass reminds me of a few roads from Payson north to Flagstaff.... squirrels do that here too! Sit on the patio fence where one of our feeders hang, and peer into the large kitchen window! Their tails flipping up and down. LOL!!

Thanks Eburg for the cams update!  :)

Lisa, glad you're home... Misty was probably punishing you.  ;D ... how's your mama today!

Kb, darling pup! Owl police!  ;D

Phyl, yesterday, I had the same tech problems as you did today. That's probably how I ended up with two morning posts.... thanks for beautiful nature video and article electric concept plane. I wonder what life will be like in 2033.

Hi Tig  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1002 on: January 30, 2024, 12:47:14 PM »

CLYNN   Yes I did - always  ;) ;)   Cute pan birdhouse - I'm always so concerned about clean out  LOL

EBURGH   Thanks for the heads up.  :D

KB   Didn't realize Daryll Hannah was married to Neil Young  :o  Just the right spot for that snowy  LOL

PHYL   Cute little morning birdie   Ughhh  on your computer issues.   Short but beautiful 365

EAGLES  If you came to KB's I'd drive up and we could all meet.  ;) ;)

KAREN   House training would make me nervous too!!

Gotta run - finish later
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #1003 on: January 30, 2024, 01:45:05 PM »

Hmm, actually 4 F-22's flew into MSP today. 3 left and 1 still here.

LisaG1967

« Reply #1004 on: January 30, 2024, 02:36:15 PM »

kb - Thank you  :D  Cute pup in your morning pic.  "When you get pulled over by the Owl Police, MN"  ;D

Phyl - Sorry about your issues with Chrome, and RRP forum crashing.  Thanks for the 365. 

tig - Same for me....laundry!

karen - Yep, she is...I have never left her before...Bandit is use to it.  Aww, have the cams at SWFL got a peek of the owl baby?

Lani - Mama sounded good when I talked to her earlier.  Thanks for the Royal update. 

tsk - You sound busy today.