Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 490925 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1035 on: January 31, 2024, 06:26:08 PM »

BAZI    Loved the colorful, cheerful  " Oh Happy DAY" :D :D  Made me smile.   And Mardi Gras is sooner than later this year!!   So is your nephew back now and have you spoken to him?   Best trip ever?  Would he go back?   Loved the pics.
I might have to have a whole glass of wine first before I dug into those meals as beautiful as they looked.

LISA     And she didn't warn Mama not to flash her boobs? - just not to jump up and down .  LOLOL
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #1036 on: January 31, 2024, 07:53:40 PM »

Been busy for a few days. At least for me!   Got a hair cut yesterdat, bought some graphite for the  storm door lock , fixed that and srnt a package back thru Fed Ex!   Spent a lot of time on the phone with my neighbor who has ben talking to Mickey, my friend in Illinois about selling our houses and buying a lot on a lame where she just broke ground for a house!  This town is so small you cannot find it on the map and the only grocery store is Piggly Wiggly which  is in the  next town!  Mickey can go but I am not moving there!   The lake is very small and has alligator!   Lots are over priced at over 100,000!  The only businesses in town are a gas station and a Dollar General!
Today I washed and folded  clothes, washed hair, washed bathroom rugs, cleaned a little little and finally read the
 Beak!     Nothing exciting here!  Hoping those in the midwest and Alaska did not get a sun burn today!
This is the second time I have read the Amelia Earhart article  and I think it is her plane .   Time and a lot more money will tell!

BrokenLug

« Reply #1037 on: January 31, 2024, 08:11:43 PM »

kb I believe Rutt is NW somewhere of Fertile, MN.

It just makes Topographic hoof's sense.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 09:29:44 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

karengramke

« Reply #1038 on: January 31, 2024, 08:46:36 PM »

Lisa, Mickey, my friend in Springfield, Il,  cousin is getting the puppies.  Supposed to be 6 pounds when full grown!   The breeder has them trained to hope in a crate at night as she says, kennel up!  Tgey run and jump in.  When Mickey met her to get the puppies, the breeder had a bichon
Frise .  It was out of the car and as they git ready ti leave she said something and the dog jumped in the car.  She then said passenger and it got right in the passenger seat! Too cute!  You would not need tie outs with this kind if training!
Well, I have. Driven thru a lot of of

the states on the list and I do not think Iowa is 50!  I do not agree with the list! 
Thanks for the eagle nest info and pictures, Clynn and Lori.   Bl, good deal on the Redwoods!   Lani, thanks  for the Royal Akbies report. Amazing how calm they are!   Phyl, thanks for reports!  Bazi, those dinners pictured were not in my Norwegian  grandmothers  dinner rotation!   She made. a wonderful Cherry Pie! 
Seds all.
do

BrokenLug

« Reply #1039 on: January 31, 2024, 09:51:19 PM »

U. S. A.

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1040 on: January 31, 2024, 09:56:06 PM »

Good evening Beakers!

Phyl - Hope Maggie is hangin' in and feeling okay.  How is Jim?
Lani - Amelia Earhart's mystery might be getting solved in the near future. ;)
Clynn - Awe, Harley looks so comfortable & happy! :)   Sam & Sophie are so cute napping together! :)   Liked the story & pic of the Bell building!   Love the beautiful picture of Decorah North E's!!
Kb - Happy you found Ollies's leash!!
Lori - Thanks for eagle info!
LisaG - My mom is doing alright - thank you for asking  :)   Is Misty back to her normal self with you? :)  I really think she missed you very much!
Karen - Cute puppies!!!  I too have been reading and listening to the news about Amelia Earhart and it sure does look like a plane!
Tsk - How are B & T doing these days? :)
Baz - So true about heavy rain being expected in our surrounding area for the next few days.  However, because we live in a 'valley' we do not get near as much rain as the Santa Cruz Mts., Big Sur area and other nearby towns.   We sure get the strong winds!!

Beakers have a good night - sleep well  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1041 on: January 31, 2024, 11:03:59 PM »

BAZI    Loved the colorful, cheerful  " Oh Happy DAY" :D :D  Made me smile.   And Mardi Gras is sooner than later this year!!   So is your nephew back now and have you spoken to him?   Best trip ever?  Would he go back?   Loved the pics.
I might have to have a whole glass of wine first before I dug into those meals as beautiful as they looked.

LISA     And she didn't warn Mama not to flash her boobs? - just not to jump up and down .  LOLOL

OMG! Miss Fisher's favorite Fan flashing her boobs!!! LOLOLOL!!! Tsk!  ;D ;D ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #1042 on: January 31, 2024, 11:36:35 PM »

Karen, love the sweet puppies. The breeder is an excellent trainer too....  Goodness you're having a busy week.

Baz My goodness, I can't even remember my 30th birthday! I'm sure it was fun, since I love birthdays!!  ;D  "All My Exes Live in Texas."  ;D ... I know how you feel about Tarheels loss. We lost two games last week. Killed by 3-pointers. UGH!! Thank God the Chiefs won or else it would have been a total loss for me! I don't take losing a game very well.  :-[ Well, neither does Mike, we both hide in separate rooms for awhile.  :-X ... Aly lived in Norway for three years. I wonder if she ever tried whale?  ???

Lisa, it is amazing how trusting the albies are with the rangers. I love seeing the two nests close together compared to last season. Now, we can watch the two chicks visit and keep each other company. I didn't realize Mardi Gras was so soon. Lent starts early this year... I can't imagine your mama jumping for beads! But, then she is Miss Fisher's favorite fan. Miss Fisher would be jumping for beads and then some!!  8)

BL Thanks for Rutt update.

Eagles, Aly will be getting some of that rain that coming your way... It's a large front that I've been watching moving slowly over the Pacific.... hopefully, we'll get some moisture as it moves inward.... I'm hoping that is Amelia E. plane too.

Tsk, I know the Albatross letters for names can be confusing, they stand for the color of the 3 leg bands. I know there is a reason for the color bands. I hope the below information helps.  ;D

"Northern royal albatross banded at Taiaroa Head have a stainless steel band on the right leg and 1–3 coloured bands on the left leg.
There are exceptions to this, eg the opposite is the case for birds that are from the Chatham Islands.

The colours we use are: black, blue, green, lime, yellow, orange, red, white and pink.

We read the colour bands from the top down, for example, green on top and orange below would read as GO.

Except for black, record the colour by its first letter, for example, red = R. Black should be recorded as K to avoid confusion with B for blue."

This season's Royal Cam family
LGK and LGL (Top Flat) WYL and BOK (Top Flat Track) 2023/24

Top Flat (TF)
Egg
Laid: 7 November 2023
Chick hatched: 23 January 2024
Female
Known as: LGL (Lime/Green/Lime bands)

Breeding since: 2017/18
Male
Known as: LGK (Lime/Green/blacK bands)

Breeding since: 2017/18
Family history to date
Following a failed egg in 2017 LGK and LGL have raised 2 Royalcam chicks, Karere and Tiaki.

LGK, LGL and Tiaki were GPS tracked.

Top of Flat Track (TFT)
WYL and BOK

Egg
Laid: 14 November 2023
Female
Known as: BOK (Blue/Orange/blacK bands)

Breeding since: 2022/23
Male
Known as: WYL (White/Yellow/Lime bands)

Breeding since: 2022/23
Family History to Date
WYL and BOK were first time breeders during 2022/23 but their egg did not hatch.

A photo of Top Flat chick with foster parent WLB yesterday, snuggled in on her feet. White-Lime-Blue
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 11:42:45 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #1043 on: January 31, 2024, 11:51:28 PM »

{{{SED Puff, Tig, Oldguy, Phyl, Miss Maggie & Jim}}}

Good night!

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Eagle's mom, Tig, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1044 on: February 01, 2024, 04:02:48 AM »

"You have the power to take action to protect yourself against heart disease.
Small heart-healthy actions like adding more movement to our day or choosing healthy foods, can have a big impact on protecting #OurHearts."

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/education/american-heart-month#:~:text=February%20is%20American%20Heart%20Month%20You%20have%20the,on%20protecting%20%23OurHearts.%20Last%20updated%20January%2010%2C%202024

Because of Jim and his AFib, and Maggie's heart  murmur, Grandma Olivine's heart attack---I've become more aware of this amazing 'muscle'  that beats tirelessly for our sake.
I wear Red for them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Heart_Month
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #1045 on: February 01, 2024, 04:06:45 AM »

Good Morning Everyone.... and ... 

Currently 25F clear    High  61F sunny,  Low 25F 

After Jim went to bed (9pm) I fell asleep in the Lazy Boy during the last half of Gutfeld on FNC and woke up 3am with   'The Five in it's second airing for the day and Maggie giving me a hard look. Put out more Hills and Hydra Care for her. And, came up here. Thought, 'Well by the time I get 'turned in' it'll be 'post time'.
Soooo, here I am.  ???  When I finish I'll get some 'shut-eye' then life as it's usual Thursday-self.  ::)

{{Tig, Puff and OG}}

Lani thanks for the special 'Good Night'; we are akin in that our graphics /images in our posts reflect how we feel and out thoughts--- and more. Thanks for the Royal update and photos, esp. the egg synopsis and due dates

CLynn Most beauitful states in the USA---Hot Dog!! My home state of  California is #1  and I live in #20, Tennessee. Harley is too precious. Thanks for the Decorah Eagles - Sue Bruhling  photos; awesome  about the Indiana Bell Bldg.

Lori   many thanks for the update on SW Florida , hatch---'Welcome to the world!

Eagles Maggie is much like me---strong and a fighter  in a small package. She's doing well for her health---a cat like her only comes once to a human. Y'all will never know how special  she is nor how difficult this 'good-bye' has become.

Karen you've been super busy; I've sent the Amelia Earhart story to Jim, it'll be ages before he reads it though--the man doesn't keep up with his messages.  ::)

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 04:26:29 AM by Phyl »

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #1046 on: February 01, 2024, 04:12:43 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

January 31, 2024: NestFlix and Neighbors from the North Nest!
 January 31, 2024  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/01/31/january-31-2024-nestflix-and-neighbors-from-the-north-nest/

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #1047 on: February 01, 2024, 04:17:00 AM »

For Throwback Thursday:

NORTHEAST AUCTION PREVIEW: Highly optioned 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 Sunliner
restored by 1957-59 Ford restorers Jerry Miller Classic Cars. 312ci Thunderbird V8 engine backed by an automatic transmission.
 Power steering, power brakes, power windows and power seat.

#istandwithisrael

Puff

« Reply #1048 on: February 01, 2024, 06:02:44 AM »

PHYL  This group has ample representation in the "we understand" league.  We know, we care, and we pray for both of you, and for Maggie of course.  My Ashley still has her spot on the dinette table/chair.  I stroke her urn in the morn and at bedtime.  I know I should be better by now, but. . .

And then there's med issues we have to handle.  That ain't fun.  Mine is in regard to my cardiologist.  Fantastic care and help for 15 years.  He's retiring (for sure this time) he says in April.  How do I ever express the good feelings I have for him.  It's not what I'd like, but he has earned and deserves the change. He led the show in June and kept me going.  Not too any docs I'm sure would show up after midnight on a Fri/Sat night.  How ever can I say how much I thank him and appreciate him.

P

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1049 on: February 01, 2024, 06:18:37 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Puff, sounds like you have a doctor from the old school, what a blessing he was for you!

Phyl, you know you were really tired, you fell asleep in the Lazy Boy and woke up in the morning. Maggie was miffed, bless her little heart! Thanks for the 365, although I can't watch those like that... My first car was a 1962 Ford Fairlane. I got it for my 18th birthday, Dad paid $285 for it and it had a Vietnam sticker on the trunk. Column shift, which I had never drove before! Thanks for Amy's Blog, hoping for a great season for the  North's this year!

Lani, thanks for the info on the naming of the Albatross couples! Still confusing but they know what they are doing! Sweet picture of the little Top Flat chick with the foster parent...

BL, good music...

E4E, hope you don't get too much rain!

karen, sounds like you are doing more and more on your own! I think you are doing great!!

For Throwback Thursday, me at age 2 !                                         I remember these, we called them tent dresses!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown