Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 300358 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #210 on: January 07, 2024, 04:11:16 PM »

Lani - I'm confused. Is that you and Sadie?...You look in the pic like you are going downhill, no?
Anyway, just trying to visualize what you posted.
BTW, nice tar or concrete available for your walks?

No, we were going uphill. And we were walking on the golf cart path, taking a short cut to the road to meet one of our walking buddies. Sun rising behind us.   :)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 04:15:12 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #211 on: January 07, 2024, 04:12:12 PM »

Lani great pic of Sadie and You taken by Aly on 12/31/23.   :)   8)

It looks like Aly's making very good time back to Medford towing a trailer.  It looks like she was able to "tip-toe" through the worst of the weather along her route too.    ;D

https://digital.mdl.nws.noaa.gov/?zoom=6&lat=39.84098&lon=-119.73529&layers=F000BTTTFFTT&region=0&element=4&mxmz=true&barbs=false&subl=TFFFFF&units=english&wunits=english&coords=latlon&tunits=utc

BL, Yes, she did, she's not too far from the Oregon state line. Thanks  8)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #212 on: January 07, 2024, 04:21:09 PM »

my last 2 puzzles

Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #213 on: January 07, 2024, 05:24:13 PM »

KB handsome moose;  have you head anything on 'Rutt"? ; Good idea to stay indoors with foul weather; That cute little girl is well protected by her army of 'body guards'.  ;) m  Thaks for explanation of 'greasy' as it pertains to snow and it's slickness.

Puff sweet kitten from this am is part of my 'blue phase'.  ;D ; heard about the tornado; headaches are the pitts sure hope your's
goes away. Keeping your cane close at hand is smart. Gonna be me one day. {{{}}}

CLynn thought that was your Pop ; y'all do take care w/the snow and all.  A thought---if you have patch pockets on your clothes  Sam and Sophie could ride along w/you around the house.  :)   Maggie rode my shoulders for 8mos.    :-*

Karen how frustrating to loose a post you've been working on  >:(  ; many thanks for the weather update, esp tornado in FT. Lauderdale, FLA  , glad that was no worse than it was.  ;)

Lani  very nice sunrise for you on your walk; you have 'just enough' snow to be perfect and enjoyable; Won't be too long and Aly/Dewey will safe be back home in Medford   ;)

CLynn thanks for the update from Sue on SWFL eagles /what a sweet silvery fluff ball.  Your photo of Norway reminded me of  Nat'l Geo Mag  ---a couple of years a go did a long piece on the ancient Vikings of that area and Germany. What an eye opener---author did a fine piece dispelling some myths of that culture---living in 'long houses'  just one long room with dirt floors and a fire pit.    I love Archaeology  :-*   
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #214 on: January 07, 2024, 05:25:07 PM »

Good Night Everyone...SEDs   

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

karengramke

« Reply #215 on: January 07, 2024, 07:38:03 PM »

Lisa,that trip from Savannah is something!   Shorter dustance, I think but slower!  If you got on 175 from that routeyou were anlock from me at one point.  Lol.

Bl, looks like strong storms on Tuesday for me! Thanks for the info and I am hoping it  is just rain!

Hi Eagles

BrokenLug

« Reply #216 on: January 07, 2024, 10:09:46 PM »

_
U. S. A.

Lani

« Reply #217 on: January 07, 2024, 10:50:09 PM »

It looks like a lot of the Beaker's are going to get in on this next winter storm.
Some severe weather in the South/ SE.   ::)

Named Winter Storm Finn by the The Weather Channel.

Link below. Slide time slider all the way to the right.
Hover over your location to see forecast snow amounts in inches in the upper right corner of map.
Save this link as the map will update automatically as Finn unfolds.  :)

https://digital.mdl.nws.noaa.gov/?zoom=5&lat=41.99906&lon=-99.69623&layers=F000BTTTFFTT&region=0&element=19&mxmz=true&barbs=false&subl=TFFFFF&units=english&wunits=english&coords=latlon&tunits=localt

OG it looks like you might be in the IA "bulls eye".

BL, that is serious weather heading towards IA!  :o

Lani

« Reply #218 on: January 07, 2024, 11:53:55 PM »

Aly and Dewey are tucked in their beds early tonight.  ;D

BL, Thanks for the link you posted Friday night, cemented Aly's decision to go through CA then north to Medford. She said it was windy going north thru CA, but trailer was packed tight and did well.... I hope all is well with you, Pip and pup!

Clynn, Thanks, the sun rising over the rim is always a beautiful start to the morning.... awww E24  :-*..... Love the moss covered homes in Norway, reminds me of Hobbits homes ... NR knitted a darling sweater.... Trucker ties down toys! Cute  ;D

Karen, I love Aly captured the beautiful sunrise we see here.... tomorrow we'll see the Rim covered with snow.

Kb, YIKES! video is definitely greasy, slippery, scary!  :o

Lisa, great winter song!

Tsk, there's Ponderosa, Pine, Junipers, Oak trees all around us, except on the golf course. Dewey has bad knees and they did a short walk with us. So, we walk the trails up from our home to one of the holes and Aly and Dewey returned home, and Sadie and I continued our hour walk with others (off the course). No walking or pets allowed on the course or cart paths, except in the winter and you have to be off before 7:30am. And as you can see the sun is just rising.... Mike is leaving Tuesday for the valley.... beautiful puzzles.

Phyl, beautiful serene good night pic .... beautiful Barbie.

Good night!

Keep warm and safe Beakers!  :-*

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn, Eagle's mom, Tig, Phyl and Jim, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

oldguy

« Reply #219 on: January 08, 2024, 02:25:05 AM »

Good Evening/Morning Beakers

BL - I have been watching this system in the forecast for 5 days now - every forecast has changed the snow amounts for Tue and Wed.  It started out as 1.5 inches each day - the current forecast is 12 inches for Tue.  I get to work on Tue. - forecast is for .5 in/hour rate - so I will have about 4 in. on ground at start of shift and 7 in. on the way home.  I ended up buying a 20V snow shovel today after work - it should get a workout this week...

For Christmas Brunch we made a pork sausage cake that was mentioned here - everyone thought it was perfect for a brunch - could not taste or see any sign of the pork.  Also surprised that it was not mentioned to refrigerate - had a small portion left over and I finally threw it out after 10 days - no sign of spoilage... :o  What my other half noticed was that the pork was the only "fat" used in the recipe.

Cards was played as normal - won 1 out of 3 - but scores were close...

Been working on some house cleaning and reorganization - need to replace bed - old bed is a queen and replacing with a king, so bedroom layout needs to be changed - also adding a computer/makeup desk.  Also need to move furniture in front room to make a path to a king into the bedroom.  Still trying to find a desk and headboard that we like - almost nothing available in town - will need to check for them in Cedar Rapids...  We use to have 5 furniture stores in the area - down to 2 and neither has hardwood in stock.

Work was busy this weekend - lots of foot traffic and of coarse this is the time to start setting up the store for spring.  Forecast for next week is temps in the -6 to+12 range and the schedule is to start setting the unheated garden center... ::)  Note:  we have 3 eagle statues this year.

Time to catch up on the videos...

My Cats Left Me Because of My Plastic Surgery! (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FswAyOkB5c4

New Year New Me...?   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P32uJqb3znw

We Saw How Full of Life This Kitten Was As Soon As His Eyes Were Opened   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivF3P-baCYQ
Teasers of Our Upcoming 2024 Videos | walter santi   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F1Cl4vrjpM

Maru’s New Year's Eve soba restaurant only for one day   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77Vw-trjScI
Cats got a new year’s gift 2024   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We2y96a1kGA
New Year's greetings from Maru&Hana&Miri   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW0vwzu__co

EVERY BREATH YOU TAKE_( The Police)_FEMALE COVER By; FranzRhythm family Band   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5kwWiAEQWM

Darcy Lynne is still out there performing...
"Summertime" Cover | Darci Lynne   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsHyjIePwV8

Quarantine Kids play "Wild Wild Life"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoTK6uh3zHU
Quarantine Kids play "I'm Tore Down"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8AOeVpmp6k
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 02:55:24 AM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #220 on: January 08, 2024, 05:30:44 AM »

Enjoy these Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes made with delicious & moist dark chocolate strawberry cake, a thick layer of ganache, cream cheese frosting and a fresh berry on top!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 05:34:57 AM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #221 on: January 08, 2024, 06:42:45 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

oldguy, you have been busy and more to come! Glad to hear Spring merchandise is showing up...Spring is coming! Thanks for all the links, will get to them...  ;D Something funny about beds, I had the kittens closed in our bedroom yesterday while Erin cleaned my floors downstairs. I sent the Munchkins up there to play with the kittens. Erin went up to check and Talon mentioned how big out bed was (split king XL adjustable). Erin showed him how it moved with the remote. Talon said 'Grandpa and Grandma must be millionaires!' LOLOL!!

Lori, hello there!

Lani, are you able to see the rim on your walk? It sounds so beautiful! Found this picture of fresh snow on the South Rim...   Sweet snuggly puppy!

BL, bracing for the incoming snow, looks like many states will be affected! As the old saying goes, 'Buckle Up Buttercup!'

kb, never heard of greasy snow, sounds gross! Best stay inside until the barrage is over! We are all getting hit here in the Midwest!

Phyl, beautiful stones and such a classy Barbie!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

clynndunn

« Reply #222 on: January 08, 2024, 06:49:01 AM »

Happy Birthday Puff!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

clynndunn

« Reply #223 on: January 08, 2024, 06:51:04 AM »

Happy Birthday in Heaven, Kay!

clynndunn

« Reply #224 on: January 08, 2024, 06:52:00 AM »

Happy Birthday Elvis!