Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 292593 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #225 on: January 08, 2024, 07:10:11 AM »

Happy Birthday, Lori!!!!!

Happy Birthday, Puff!!!!

I hope you both enjoy your special day!!!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #226 on: January 08, 2024, 07:10:46 AM »

GOOD MORNING

In the forecast beginning at midnight...

PHYL   Beauties of beach stones.  Would be fun to collect.  :)  I have a necklace I bought from an artist who uses beach glass.

BL  Beautiful stones from you as well.

LANI   Thankfully Aly and Dewey are safe and sound.  :)  Will neighbors help her unload that trailer today?  You have some great  walking opportunities  with friends to meet along the way with similar goals. Nice scenery as well  :)  Good that Mike is close to home for this trip.   That good night pup really made me laugh  ;D

OLDGUY   Had to Google 20 v snow shovel.  Never knew there was such a thing.  The new year bringing lots of home redecorating projects to the forefront.  :)    Our snow levels are also changing depending on which source you use.  We go from rain to 6"  ::)   Stay safe.  I will enjoy the links for my break time today,  Thanks

CLYNN   Keeping up with the stone theme - love the painted ones.   That would be a fun hobby.  Talon's measure of wealth  LOLOL

HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY PUFF

GREAT DAY AHEAD FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY LORI

Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #227 on: January 08, 2024, 07:12:50 AM »

California Condor.

Interesting: Captive bred California Condor's are being vaccinated for avian flu as an experiment. 1/5 of the Arizona condors died from it last year...

Last quote: "If it provides any protection at all, we should do it: Sorenson said.
Interesting story...and why we don't do this for agricultural birds etc.

https://baynature.org/2023/11/29/all-vaxxed-up-and-ready-to-roost-six-captive-born-condors-fly-free/

Happy Bird Day, Puff

BTW, no new news that's supported by admins yet on Rutt...

Puff

« Reply #228 on: January 08, 2024, 07:19:00 AM »

tsk Not so concerned re snow but local Wunderground shows 30's and then 20's for this week - and then single digit highs for next week.  WHAT!  I'll be watching to see if any other local source comes up with the guesses.

LisaG1967

« Reply #229 on: January 08, 2024, 08:01:20 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tsk - Great job on your puzzles!  They are both so busy looking.  Were they hard to do?

karen - I want to say I took 16 across, ended up on some back road, and got to 75 somehow.

Lani - One of my favorite winter songs, but can really listen to it anytime of the year!  Glad to hear that Aly arrived home safely. 

oldguy - Wow, you made the Sausage Cake that karen mentioned.  I am glad to hear that it turned out good! 

Lori - Morning  :)

clynn - The things kids say.... 'Grandpa and Grandma must be millionaires!' LOLOL!!
Happy Heavenly Birthday to Kay

kb - Wow, never seen an close-up of the Condor before...cool!

Puff - Morning  :)

All of the Beakers who are going to get the snow, stay safe and warm. 
Our new station keeps saying, our whole state is under a flood watch, and coastal flooding with winds up to 60mph tomorrow.  :o

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #230 on: January 08, 2024, 08:48:39 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Monday !  

Currently 29F clear    High  59F  ptly sunny,  Low 29F 

No snow in our forecast...but, for all our Beakers in a snowy and icy forecast---do take care and 'hibernate' keeping warm and dry.  Hugs and prayers.

Lani  pug dog looks kinda cute   all wrapped up like a  'purrito'.    With the weather the way it is---what a relief  on this  trip with Mike so close to home

OldGuy tks for extra weather info.; videos and all will check them out later. And, you made 'the sausage cake'  Karen talked about last Autumn---so glad it t urned out and was enjoyed.

KB :o  what a closeup of the Cali Condor, as a kid in California have alwasy seen them  on land from a distance, they a huge huge raptors

CLynn Do take care---did hear about your forecast as well---Brrrrrr! And, dig in.  LOL Talon's comment Grandpa and Grandma must be millionaires!'

Lisa No, didn't buy stolen from Publix. It came directly from Germany.

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #231 on: January 08, 2024, 08:50:15 AM »

Happy Birthday in Heaven, Kay !

#Istandwith Evan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #232 on: January 08, 2024, 09:04:52 AM »

Happy Birthday Lori!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

« Reply #233 on: January 08, 2024, 09:14:43 AM »

for Lori...

...purring you a very happy birthday today and always.  Purrs, Maggie the Cat

Lori...

...with warmest wishes for a very Happy Birthday ! Many, many happy returns all year long.

Happy Birthday, Puff...

...wishing you many, many happy returns of the day  and the entire year!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 09:41:46 AM by Phyl »

#Istandwith Evan

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #234 on: January 08, 2024, 09:24:44 AM »

Happy birthday Puff!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #235 on: January 08, 2024, 09:35:40 AM »

Happy birthday Lori!
You are such a beautiful person inside and out! Have a blessed day and all the days to follow!  :-*

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #236 on: January 08, 2024, 10:39:34 AM »

bounce

(( Lani ))

Happy Bird Day PUFF
Happy Bird Day LORI

Went to the warm pool at o dark hundred. Home in time to clean up the previously shoveled snow by the driveway and get inside. We are getting a smidge of snow.

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

oldguy

« Reply #237 on: January 08, 2024, 11:36:30 AM »

Happy Birthday Puff

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

oldguy

« Reply #238 on: January 08, 2024, 11:38:34 AM »

Happy Birthday Lori

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

« Reply #239 on: January 08, 2024, 11:47:41 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

It's a cold Monday, started at 9 degrees! brrrrr, late start for walking this morning.

Oldguy, Good to hear from you. You've been busy at work and home. Lots of plans for the New Year... The Walter Santi video of the recent kitten he rescued was a heartbreaker, I was in tears the first half. What a beautiful brave little guy, I pray they are able to find a forever home. Thanks for links.

Clynn, the sun is shining, there is snow on the Rimm it's 27 degrees now, and it's gorgeous outside. Stunning pic from the Grand Canyon.... Last night Mike finished the Tillamok Peppermint Bark ice cream  ;D ... awww cute Talon story! Love the painted rocks...

Tsk, Aly's boss and his wife will help her unload the trailer.... We have great walking buddies. The gal I was meeting on New Year's Eve (daily walker too) had been having breathing problems. She had been coughing and having problems walking up the hills for the last month. I know this high elevation can bother people, it seems as the years go by I've been catching myself a bit too... Anyway, she was struggling on our walks this past week. She texted me early yesterday morning and said, she probably needs to get her pacemaker checked and medication changed. I agree bless her. Plans have changed for Mike, he's leaving for Houston on Weds and will return Friday.  :-\ ... but, he goes to the valley for a checkup after his shot.

Kb, thanks for story on Condor. Did not know that about the AZ condors.... take care.

Lisa, oh my flood watch in the winter! Take care  :-*

Phyl, love the antique trike, never had one. I wonder what that would be worth today. I love the show "American Pickers."

{{{Tig}}} you've had your workout today. Enjoy the rest of your day cozy and warm indoors.

{{{Puff and Lori}}} I hope you both have a lovely birthday!  :-*

Hi Eagles, Karen, Baz!  ;D

Time to get shoveling snow!
Have a good day Everyone!  ;D