Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 300621 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #195 on: January 07, 2024, 10:45:24 AM »

PUFF   This is meant for a purse but the strap of the cane could hang on this?

https://www.amazon.com/Foldable-Womens-Hanger-Collection-Pretty/dp/B09CKXQB5S/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=3NP6XT75EXXY&keywords=purse%2Bholder%2Bfor%2Btable&qid=1704645685&sprefix=purse%2Bholder%2Bfor%2Btable%2Caps%2C95&sr=8-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1

KB  What a great pic of the GSDs and the little girl - Love her green boots with claws?  LOL
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #196 on: January 07, 2024, 11:20:57 AM »

Ah, just lost a post!

Kb, what is the grease that is falling on Minnesota?  Very odd!
Puff, according to CBS News, there was a tornado touch down in down town Ft. Lauderdale, Fl  last evening!  No injuries reported, minor damage to a few buildings, spotty power outages, no damage to boats and, fortunately it spun up and out to the ocean.
I have a cane that I take when I leave the house!   It has a strap that I ignore and I purchases a hard rubber square that lets it stand up alone!  I do not remove it and have no trouble walking with it on.   Bought this at Oublix after my back surgery!

kbshcb

« Reply #197 on: January 07, 2024, 11:51:52 AM »

Light snow, mixed with sleet. Temps in the high 20's to low 30's. But in Minnesota we call any light snow greasy cause it's slippery...Higher snow inches bring out the plows and treatment so it's not.

As the season progresses with prior treatment, it gets less greasy. This year we have only had the grease and not as often as average.

And not odd. Our meteorologists and local news anchors use the term all the time....
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 11:55:38 AM by kbshcb »

kbshcb

« Reply #198 on: January 07, 2024, 12:35:00 PM »

tig - I give up already on the Vikes....ugg.

and, sorry Peep, those Lions uniforms have to be the ugliest I've ever seen.....LOL

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #199 on: January 07, 2024, 12:56:44 PM »

Sunday blessings Beakers!
Hi Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Aly surprised me by taking this pic early last Sunday morning, New Year's Eve. She and Dewey was well ahead of us, while Sadie and I was having a nice easy walk going uphill. We must have been talking too, Sadie's looking up at me  :-* ... Aly caught the sun rising over our beautiful Rim Country.  :-*

{{{Clynn}}} Sweet photos, love you with your dad... love your morning posts.... Now, Aly and Dewey have passed through Woodlands, CA, only 4 hours to go till Medford.  ;D... she has Jabba the Hutt on one of the glasses.... Love the Medford link! I didn't realize there were that many places to explore. I sent it to Aly.

Phyl, The little Dunlins don't mind wet feet while sleeping.... very interesting Live Science report on 2000 year old calendar....  awww, sweet kitty.

Lisa, glad no need for snow shovel for Bradley! Yes, ditto with Tsk about clips for the mittens. Aly always removed her gloves. 

Kb, nice pic of moose... what is this greasy stuff? ... the little girl with the cute boots, looks well protected and loved by her GSD pack! Especially, the big boy behind her. Oh, I'd love to have him.  :-* ... I just read your explanation about greasy!  ;D

Tig :)

{{{Puff}}} sorry about the headache, that's terribly long time to have one.  :(  hopefully, you can find some relief soon.

Tsk Good idea about the clip for Sydney's mittens! Thank goodness I had them for Aly. She was always removing her gloves.  :)

Karen, thanks for updating the tornado touchdown in Florida. All is well at SWFL: this was posted 3 hours ago.    10:16a M15 flies east from treetop. 10:40a F23 loosens grass around nest while E23 awakens and watches. 10:42a F23 goes to nestovers and begins feeding E23. 10:48a Feeding over, F23 returns to brood E23.

SWFEC 1-6-23. Moments in Time: E23, six days old; Tiny Feet, Tiny Talons, Itty-Bitty Wings. By Androcat.
https://youtu.be/V3cLoyIjD5I

This morning Sadie and I left for our walk at 7:15am, no snow.... and now 3 hours later.
From front door entry.

From the 2nd floor patio

« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 01:00:49 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #200 on: January 07, 2024, 01:08:50 PM »

Lani - I'm confused. Is that you and Sadie?...You look in the pic like you are going downhill, no?
Anyway, just trying to visualize what you posted.
BTW, nice tar or concrete available for your walks?

BrokenLug

« Reply #201 on: January 07, 2024, 01:22:40 PM »

Lani great pic of Sadie and You taken by Aly on 12/31/23.   :)   8)

It looks like Aly's making very good time back to Medford towing a trailer.  It looks like she was able to "tip-toe" through the worst of the weather along her route too.    ;D

https://digital.mdl.nws.noaa.gov/?zoom=6&lat=39.84098&lon=-119.73529&layers=F000BTTTFFTT&region=0&element=4&mxmz=true&barbs=false&subl=TFFFFF&units=english&wunits=english&coords=latlon&tunits=utc
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 01:30:15 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #202 on: January 07, 2024, 01:46:58 PM »

Lani, love seeing you and Sadie on your walk, and your place is beautiful in the snow...so peaceful looking... what a back yard!  Aly almost to Medford safe and sound. You can almost stop worrying!

Sue Bruhling - Awwwwww! Our little Buttercup!! ❤ So Sweet... ❤
Southwest Florida Eagles - January 5, 2024Thank You! Debbie Botelho for sharing your picture with us! ❤

These houses are in Norway, they are covered with mosses, this is so that the heat does not escape and the cold does not enter. This engineering was created by the ancient residents, the Vikings.

nr's latest sweater:

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #203 on: January 07, 2024, 01:54:29 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1743758087691948399

Greasy equals slippery!...love this video...

karengramke

« Reply #204 on: January 07, 2024, 02:05:53 PM »

Lani, great picture of  you and Sadie!  Setting is wonderful as well!  Aly’s making great time!  Prayers for  a safe arrival to her pretty location!    Clynn,  thanks for the link to Medford!
Tsk  clips for mittens!  Lol
Lisa, was goingto offer a  bed for the night  but it could take you on a longer  trip unledd you cut through the South Georgia swamp at Savannah!   You are welcome if you want to do that!
 Lani, wonderful snow and pictures!
Clynn, another sweet capture of Sue B of little Eve!  Thanks for postimg!

BrokenLug

« Reply #205 on: January 07, 2024, 02:37:25 PM »

It looks like a lot of the Beaker's are going to get in on this next winter storm.
Some severe weather in the South/ SE.   ::)

Named Winter Storm Finn by the The Weather Channel.

Link below. Slide time slider all the way to the right.
Hover over your location to see forecast snow amounts in inches in the upper right corner of map.
Save this link as the map will update automatically as Finn unfolds.  :)

https://digital.mdl.nws.noaa.gov/?zoom=5&lat=41.99906&lon=-99.69623&layers=F000BTTTFFTT&region=0&element=19&mxmz=true&barbs=false&subl=TFFFFF&units=english&wunits=english&coords=latlon&tunits=localt

OG it looks like you might be in the IA "bulls eye".
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 02:40:11 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #206 on: January 07, 2024, 02:48:56 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1743758087691948399

Greasy equals slippery!...love this video...

kb wherever that tweet vid was from it was extremely GREASY there.   :o

I have seen my fair share of greasy tracks in the lower 48.

OK we'll just set up Rule #1 just let go. 

Not a strange term to me at all kb.  :)   

« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 08:24:03 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #207 on: January 07, 2024, 03:33:36 PM »

Happy Sunday Beakers!

Low temp this morning 33 deg., currently 53

Please bear with me as I am catching up in the Beak from yesterday.

Puff - Yes, apparently tis the season for long/lingering coughs! So you are in good company around the globe. ;)

Phyl - Poor Jim with his 24/7 cough. Is it possible that his Doctor can prescribe him something even though his appt isn't until next week?
That must be so hard not to have a car while Jim is at work.  If I were your neighbor, I would lend you my car for your errands!

Clynn - That is so wonderful that you & family have secured safety in the house as much as possible for your Mom!  Love that you guys got her a front loading washer & dryer on pedestals.  I have the same thing for myself.   My Mom has a washer & dryer that stack upon one another in her apartment.   Your Mom sounds like she is doing really well - very good!!!!!!
Love the picture you posted that reminds you of Willi  ;D ;D
Beautiful, precious photos your Mother has of you girls!!! 

Kb - Scary stuff at night in your neighborhood.  Thank goodness you are not driving out at night.  Thank goodness that woman was able to get away.

Tsk - It does take my mom longer to get over bruising these days.  Mom and sis were over here yesterday for a couple of hours.  :)  Just read what you said to Karen with regards to some of your family history - thank you for sharing.

Karen - Yes, my sister helps with reaching for those hard to reach things, but if my sister is not in the room, mom will usually just try to do it on her own.  Wow, your Grandmothers were amazingly fit not have Canes and Walkers!! You have inherited their good traits!!

LisaG - Beautiful snow at Bradley's new home / looks like a nice deck area!   Darling pic of Sydney in her first snow!! :-*

Tig - So true about in-laws  :-X   Don't over do clearing snow! I know that is easier said than done, but please take care.

Baz - Yaaay, so glad your fridge got delivered the other day and that you are stocked with food!!  Zippo is happy too! ;D   Bar Nun!!Lol!! ;D

Lani - So glad to know that Aly & Dewey are having safe travels.

Clynn - I'm so glad Phyl asked for enlarged photos!!  Very nice and so cute - thank you for posting!!  That must be you & your Dad!!! :-* :)

Need to get busy again around here. BBL!  Hope all are having a nice Sunday afternoon. :)

LisaG1967

« Reply #208 on: January 07, 2024, 03:51:21 PM »

Phyl - Did you happen to get that Stollen from Publix?  I have a friend who lives in TN, and she shops at Publix and bought German Butter Stollen the week of Christmas.  :D

kb - Glad you are hibernating, too. Icy roads are not good. I think lil girl is safe.  ;D ;D

((tig))

tsk - I need to find some of these cute mug (in real life). I will look for the clip for mittens.  :)

((Puff)) - I hope you get some relief from that headache.  That is a long time to have one.

clynn - I looked at the weather for your area.  Did I read that correctly, 6 to 11 inches to be expected?  :o 

karen - Sorry about your lost post.  That is so sweet of you to offer, but I have already booked my hotel in Savannah!  The summer before last, when Mama was here, and I drove her home we did pass near you, I think.  Instead of my usual route, which is 95 to Savannah and then on to Jacksonville the next morning to get on I-10 to Mobile.  We had cut across Georgia in Savannah.  I thought it was much longer and we were on some back roads!

Lani - LOVE the pics that Aly took of you and Sadie, and gorgeous snow day pics!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u3XWri8BoU

E4E - Thank you  :)  Yea, the deck on the back of their house is really nice. 

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #209 on: January 07, 2024, 04:06:02 PM »

LANI   Could be you on your AM walk - Only more forest  LOL   Oh no  I continued to read and saw that it was you - What a great shot by Aly.  You got a nice snow today - Always so pretty. Esp if you don't have to go anywhere. ;)  Hope Mike is home for awhile.

KAREN   Had not heard about the Ft Lauderdale tornado. 

KB  You can click on the photo of Lani and it enlarges.  Vid is so hard to watch. :(

CLYNN   Cute pic of the "fur" ball from SWFL  ;D   Houses look like Hobbit houses  LOL   From NR   LOL
Chicagoland