Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 588421 times)

Puff

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #8085 on: Yesterday at 07:13:09 AM »

clynn  Going along with tsk that is a real unique and awesome look down into Devil's Tower.

Wow for sure.

P

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8086 on: Yesterday at 07:59:11 AM »

Some bounce
Clynn... I had no idea Devil's Tower isn't solid. Tnx.

BL ... God bless you! ❤️
HAGD
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #8087 on: Yesterday at 08:04:38 AM »

I smell that smell you never ever want to ever smell or ever forget.

The closer my chainsaws get.

From what I read, I know of what you speak.

Take care.

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #8088 on: Yesterday at 09:08:44 AM »

Baked pumpkin spice donuts are cakey, soft, and topped with a delicious maple-cinnamon glaze with a pumpkin spice latte!!!
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:10:22 AM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

karengramke

« Reply #8089 on: Yesterday at 09:16:29 AM »

BL, thank you a million times over!  Wondering what you are clearing and where!   One who truly walks the talk!  God bless and stay safe!

Morning Beakers!    Yesterday was a  blessing. My new neighbors teenage son moved all the big branches out of the backyard.. there is a lot of little stuff left, but that will move eventually. What a nice surprise, and I am grateful for these new friends.. as of now I am relatively unscathed from the effects of Helene.  So much tragedy and damage all over my heart aches for all involved.
A very happy 100th birthday to President Jimmy Carter. God rest his soul and thanks for all he has done for people in the past.

karengramke

« Reply #8090 on: Yesterday at 10:57:39 AM »

Tig, i have been thinking about your $500.00 fee for tree removal and  trimming and while it will take a bite out of your entertainment budget it is a bargain!   Loblolly rate us $1200 a 🌲 .
WIting fir the help whoran into a derour!

kbshcb

« Reply #8091 on: Yesterday at 11:06:04 AM »

https://www.inforum.com/news/minnesota/i-am-going-to-die-teen-in-runaway-vehicle-saved-by-crashing-into-minnesota-trooper-car

If this story just wasn't so friggin incredible!....saved by a Minnesota trouper getting in front of him and letting him hit him in back at 113 miles per hour. Trooper had to reach 130 to get in front of this teen's malfunctioning Honda Pilot.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8092 on: Yesterday at 11:15:11 AM »

Welcome October! Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Lisa, I hope your appt goes well. Safe travels.  :)

Clynn, I can see why Devil's Tower got its name! Geez, I didn't know it was that deep. Spooky!  :o

Tsk, we have Verizon too. We were out from 10am to 2:30... Lots of customers waiting in line at Payson Verizon.

Phyl, I'm so happy for you. Prayers for continued pain-free days for your knees. I can feel the joy in your morning posts!  Last night's peaceful image reflected my hope for the future. Like everyone I've been very upset about the loss of life and destruction in TN, NC, GA & FLA.

Also, yesterday, a very popular mother bear #402 was killed by an adult male bear #469 at Brooks Falls.  :'( :'( It was Live, they shut down that cam on the river. It was devastating for all, I had just watched a bit prior to the tragic event and took a couple of pics. I didn't see it live, I then checked on the albatross. When I returned to the Brooks Falls cam, it was shut down. I deleted my pics that I took that morning. I didn't write about it last night. I'm just able to process it today... she was one of the favorite female bears. She loved to eat on top the lip of the falls and trained her cubs every year from that position on the falls. They will keep her on the Fat Bear list. She had emancipated her yearling Hedgie this summer. Hopefully, he will be able to survive and take care of himself. Thankfully, he wasn't there to see the kill or he would have been taken down too. This was a devastating event for Brooks Falls rangers, families and followers. Loss of #402, Missing Holly, Otis and Divot, it's hard to process and added to my broken heart about the tragic events this past week.  :'( :'( :'(  It's been a few years since this type of kill had happened.

Lori, Love your welcoming October posts. It's fills my tummy and heart with joy!  ;D

Karen, very expensive tree removal price. Happy 100th birthday President Carter.

Kb, I can't read the story, but I'm assuming no one was injured in the end.

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:38:46 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #8093 on: Yesterday at 12:27:02 PM »

Lani - yes, sorry you can't read the article. It's written well how a young teen was saved after his car malfunctioned with the accelerator not letting up, unable to slow no matter what, etc. Was riveting.
All were safe...trooper and teen. Truly a miracle as the car drove through intersections, rail road crossing etc.

I hope not all Honda Pilots need a recall. Remember when one of the Toyota models did this?

I'm so sorry about the female bear....would be difficult to process for me too.

I know males will sometimes kill cubs and why, but I'm not familiar with them killing females or why?
Not sure if you or the rangers know why either but if you learn it please let us know.

Just pulled one large tier of perennials to get ready for fall.....Only 4 or more to go!...

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8094 on: Yesterday at 12:30:00 PM »

I'm in somewhere NC ripping a loud 48" bar Stihl chainsaw tonight making slow progress on ALL of THE downed trees.

Water and all types of hazards are everywhere here big time sketchy situation.   
I've not seen this in my sawyer career.

Akin to that Ice storm in Canada.

I went straight wagging wand of fiberglass stick up on a firmly planted 80 foot bucket truck.

Holly Shit pardon my french.

We're going to need more saws here ASAP.

Bless your soul !
There's no doubt that your thoughtfulness, hard work and compassion is appreciated by those you've aided.
LOL Sometimes it's 'Okay'. to add some 'color'  your statements.
Take care you and 'your crew'.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #8095 on: Yesterday at 12:32:28 PM »

https://www.inforum.com/news/minnesota/i-am-going-to-die-teen-in-runaway-vehicle-saved-by-crashing-into-minnesota-trooper-car

If this story just wasn't so friggin incredible!....saved by a Minnesota trouper getting in front of him and letting him hit him in back at 113 miles per hour. Trooper had to reach 130 to get in front of this teen's malfunctioning Honda Pilot.

You're link worked for me.  Incredible  indeed. Tks for sharing.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #8096 on: Yesterday at 12:49:34 PM »

Lori  very nice October post this AM.  Luv pumpkin spice doughnuts. Tks. may I have another?

KB how thoughtful of your neighbors son to move the fallen limbs.

'Happy  100th Birthday' President Jimmy Carter !  :)

{{{Lani}}} so very sorry about mother bear #402 being killed by adult male bear #469 at Brooks Falls. I can understand how this
would be difficult to ' process' after watching the tragedy live.  Here's hoping her her yearling Hedgie  will survive on his own and thrive as well.

Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #8097 on: Yesterday at 12:58:46 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

It has been a light misty rain all day here, so far. 

clynn - Love the drone shot of Devils Tower.  I had no idea it was hollow! 

tsk - I have Verizon, and no trouble at all yesterday. So sorry that you were in the outage.  Hope you got thru to the dietician today. 

Phyl - Glad to hear there is no restriction on your knees after the injections, and you can live it up.  :D
Thanks for the 365.  Pretty October pics. 

Lori - Love the October pics and goodies!  Hope you are doing good.   :-*

karen - So happy to hear that you have some really nice neighbors, that have helped you.  Yikes, the price $$$ of your loblolly pines for removal.  Wow, 100 yrs old ...Happy Birthday Pres. Jimmy Carter!

kb - Oh geesh, that is scary!  I have a Honda Pilot!!!

Lani - Thank you! My visit with the endocrinologist went good.  She said, I am the only patient she has seen that has been at a constant 7.3 for an entire year with their A1C.  I am pretty happy about that too, as I have cheated some.  (((#402)))  :'(

BrokenLug

« Reply #8098 on: Yesterday at 01:20:54 PM »

Devil's Tower, Wyoming

Don't believe everything you see online.

AI. Photoshop. Bogus.

This is what Devils Tower looks like from above as I flew over it in 1995.

Unless it's entire core has eroded away in the interim.  :)
U. S. A.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8099 on: Yesterday at 02:04:54 PM »

Thanks to those who sent kind words recently about Etta's passing. That was on July 11th, as noted in my posts  linked below from that day this summer.  :-*

Here are the links to my posts about Etta's passing, from July 11, 2024:

https://raptorresource.org/raptorresource/forum/index.php?topic=2867.msg795903#msg795903

and:

https://raptorresource.org/raptorresource/forum/index.php?topic=2867.msg795904#msg795904

It was on her 15th birthday, as I also posted on July 11, 2024:

https://raptorresource.org/raptorresource/forum/index.php?topic=2867.msg795913#msg795913

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center