Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 588622 times)

Puff

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #8070 on: September 30, 2024, 05:44:54 PM »

I'm sure I have mentioned before, but I really don't do movies.  Have seen a few in my time, and one of them was A Star is Born.  Thoroughly enjoyed it; movie and music were so good.  I do have a couple KK discs - and I have several of  Barbra's music.  Not really in the same style of her ideas but she sure can entertain/sing.  I think I have at least 3 of her things just for Christmas.  Get in the car, turn up the volume, and SING!!!!   Never saw her show in person.

P
« Last Edit: September 30, 2024, 05:48:59 PM by Puff »

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8071 on: September 30, 2024, 06:18:13 PM »

Puff, speaking of Barbara Streisand and her beautiful voice (I love this duet...):  https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=you+don%27t+bring+me+flowers+barbara+and+neil+youtube+video&mid=6E7CBD27E154453A5C1A6E7CBD27E154453A5C1A&FORM=VIRE

Lisa, yes, I agree, Bradley and Erin would be good friends...all the way through the tattoos!

tsk, I love that you still have lunch with the girls! I wish I lived closer to Linda, Sally and Patty! Hope you had a good time like you always do!

baz, you are a fountain of information on the disaster. Thank you! I just cannot imagine... Prayers for all. And more prayers for Peace, Comfort and Hope...

beautiful pics of TF, I hope TF is enjoying soaring over the water!

Phyl, how are the knees doing?

Lake Hill in Mills County, Iowa - one of Iowa's best level B roads.

https://iowaroadtrip.net/the-best-level-b-roads-in-the-loess-hills-of-iowa/?fbclid=IwY2xjawFoEJNleHRuA2FlbQIxMAABHQuHIuJ5gSppEfy4P05tNUhrEUPw7B0OHzcguhvPFwSPdFAkNCDgKcGwCg_aem_IDbSfFAItN4dRZk-Ozyv9g#Lake_Hill_in_Mills_County
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8072 on: September 30, 2024, 06:22:01 PM »

Hi Beakers...I'm bbbbbback ! LOL

Here's the skinny on the afternoon:

I had a Maggie barf in front of our Lazy-Boys. Cleaned that up w/  Bissell's Little Green

Got ready for apt w/ Amy , Doc's NP. 

I got side tracked and made Jim/I late---30 mins. :o  But that turned out 'Okay'
Amy jabbed me  in each knee for the 3rd and final time w/ hyaluronic acid gel. Said
this typically lasts for 3-6 mos. But more like 3mos.
Knees feel wonderful---waiting to see if this gravitates to lower knee as opposed to staying at the top where the problem is. But, joint should
be all full up.  Anyway, I'll be happy with 3 mos.

We decided to stop by McDonald's for our dinner. Can never leave w/o  2 large choco shakes
Think I'll spike my Pepsi with some Barcardi Gold  ;)  Fix Jim a  tall Bloody Mary w/ olives. He such a sweetheart this afternoon. :-*
'
'Mag-Pie' was snoozing in my chair so I  gently woke her ,as she's got grade 3 heart murmur.

Really  missed my exercise bike. So ordered this one this morning.

Well there you have it. LOL

« Last Edit: September 30, 2024, 06:42:34 PM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #8073 on: September 30, 2024, 06:27:18 PM »

...an early Good Night.
Wishing  Everyone... SEDs 

I just can't close the day in Beak with out thinking of all those hurricane victims in Fla, Ga and NC. About all Fox News hasbroadcasted for days. They've Partnered with Red Cross to match all contributions made thru the Red Cross link they televise at program breaks.

Sauces bald eagle cam

BrokenLug

« Reply #8074 on: September 30, 2024, 09:47:06 PM »

Good Morning Beakers!  It's another Monday again, as the song goes 'time keeps slipping, slipping, slipping into the future...'

Maquoketa Caves Waterfall, Iowa

Awesome Clynn.  :)
Takes me back to my most awesome salamander encounter there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zT4Y-QNdto

« Last Edit: September 30, 2024, 09:52:22 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #8075 on: September 30, 2024, 10:04:59 PM »

I'm in somewhere NC ripping a loud 48" bar Stihl chainsaw tonight making slow progress on ALL of THE downed trees.

Water and all types of hazards are everywhere here big time sketchy situation.   
I've not seen this in my sawyer career.

Akin to that Ice storm in Canada.

I went straight wagging wand of fiberglass stick up on a firmly planted 80 foot bucket truck.

Holly Shit pardon my french.

We're going to need more saws here ASAP.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2024, 10:31:24 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

kbshcb

« Reply #8076 on: September 30, 2024, 10:34:54 PM »

They need to call up the 82nd airborne and parachute them saws and men int asap...or Marines from Camp Lejeune.

Still no word on my friends in Brevard

From Renee Robinson on Twitter:

I need people to understand something with the news coverage regarding effects of hurricane Helene. There is a lot more to the NC Mountains than Asheville.

Boone, Blowing Rock, Banner Elk, Vilas, Sugar Grove, Elk Park, West Jefferson, Black Mountain, Swannanoa, Sylva, Cullowhee, Brevard, Bryson City, Hendersonville, Cherokee, Waynesville, Burnsville, Candler, Canton, Spruce Pine, Chimney Rock, Lake Lure, Linville, Marshall, Maggie Valley, Newland, Grandfather, Beech Mountain, Sugar Mountain, Old Fort, Morganton, Marion are just a few of the cities and towns that have been flooded and/or destroyed. The counties of Yancey, Mitchell, Avery, Ashe, Watauga, Transylvania, Burke, Caldwell, Alleghany, Madison, Buncombe[3], McDowell, Rutherford, Polk, Henderson, Wilkes, Haywood, Jackson, Macon, Clay, Cherokee, and Swain are devastated and in need of the same help, some even more.

Other counties that fall under various definitions of Western North Carolina include: Alexander County, Catawba County, Cleveland County, Surry County and Yadkin County. When these counties are added, they form a total regional area of roughly 11,750 square miles (30,400 km2). This makes the region roughly the size of Massachusetts. Western North Carolina holds 11% of our state’s population.

There are millions of people up there with no electricity, no communication, no water, and no way to get out or let rescue teams even know where they are. I am not taking anything away from Asheville and the utter destruction there or any other areas in NC that have damage. The level of destruction is unimaginable. But it’s not one or two cities or towns that are in need of help.

BrokenLug

« Reply #8077 on: September 30, 2024, 11:14:03 PM »

A mate of mine and his wife and 1 year old can now drive downhill away from their cut off home.

The life of Brian we kissed like old comrades.  :-*

Grilling venison steaks up here now before they go bad.

My crew sleeping in tents ready to get up and do it all again.

Brian and I with this chainsaw force going to dig out others ..   :)
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 12:49:47 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8078 on: Yesterday at 12:26:52 AM »

{{{Baz}}} Mike needed to pick up supplies from an employee in Fountain Hills on Sunday. No shopping... just there and back... I just read KC Rice's injury may not be as serious as thought. Reid said more testing is needed not going to say anything definite until this week's testing is over.... Thank you for the great links and information for the updates from the hurricane... good news about mtn sister and family. Good luck to them on their return home.

Puff, fun memory of Kris Kristofferson  ;D

Clynn, Maquoketa Caves Waterfall is stunning...  I didn't know Kris K died of Lyme disease... very unusual Iowa road. I wonder what it looks like after it snows.

Tsk, Puff, We've driven to Hana many times it's a stunning drive. Many wonderful memories.

Tig Tree removal is expensive. YIKES!

{{{Phyl, Jim, Miss Maggie}}} glad all went well with your shots, prayers .... thanks for nature video. Heartbreaking news from NC, TN, GA,.

Tsk, glad you were able to spend time with the girls... prayers for Tim.

SED Lisa  :-*

Kb, I pray you hear from your Brevard friends.

{{{BL and crew}}} Thanks for the awesome job... prayers for the difficulty and emotional roller coaster you must be experiencing too. 

Good night and prayers for our Beak, Cheers and Forum family and friends. So much sadness and worry, prayers for loss of life, communities, animals, wildlife,
Those left behind  🙏

https://x.com/i/status/1840916855440945597

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tig, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles and Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk and Tim, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen and Piper, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Baz and family, Eagle and family, Tsk's DIL Amy, Puff, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Hellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 12:31:48 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #8079 on: Yesterday at 01:56:07 AM »

I smell that smell you never ever want to ever smell or ever forget.

The closer my chainsaws get.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:00:36 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

LisaG1967

« Reply #8080 on: Yesterday at 06:01:41 AM »

Good Morning Beakers.....Welcome October!

Puff - I can picture you in the car, cranking it up loud and singing!  ;D

clynn - Yes, tattoos and all!  ;D ;D  Very cool pic of the road in Lake Hill.

Phyl - Glad to hear all went well with your last injection. 

BrokenLug - Thank you, and your chainsaw for going out to help!

Lani - Pretty good night pic. 

kb, tig, karen and all - Morning  :D

Off to the docs for an early appt, be back later.  :)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8081 on: Yesterday at 06:18:29 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lisa, love your morning pumpkin! Good luck at the doctor!

BL, bless your heart for getting down in the dirt...take care...

Lani, I am sure Mike enjoyed your company on the trip to Fountain Hills, and then you both get the peaceful feeling of Payson coming into view after your trek to the city! I have been searching for the article about the Lyme's disease, can't find it now, of course, but it said that undiagnosed for a long period of time will show symptoms of Alzheimers.

Phyl, glad to hear you got your third knee injection, I do hope you get 6 months relief! And then do you do it again? Pepsi and rum, my fave! And dinner at McDonalds! You and Jim are living large! Glad to hear that you ordered your exercise bike, you have been wanting one for a while. That should also help your knees! right?

Devil's Tower, Wyoming

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8082 on: Yesterday at 06:25:18 AM »

CLYNN   The video on that B road is mesmerizing.  Gentle moves to the side with on coming cars  ;) ;)  Remember when spoon rings were popular.  Loved mine but doesn't fit anymore  :(   Have never seen that view of Devil's tower before  :o

PHYL  Very positive day with a nice McDonald's shake as a reward  ;D ;D    Beautiful prayer last night.

BL  You have been everywhere!  WOW  You are part of the  clean-up team.  Are you with a group or volunteering on your own?  I read on that you helped your friend.  Kudos to you and your team and be safe.  Keep us posted.

I was one of the thousands who did not have Verizon phone service yesterday - For me 9:30 to 5:00   Luckily the call I had been waiting for from the dietician went to Tim's phone so this AM I will call her again. 
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #8083 on: Yesterday at 07:05:33 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...and Welcome October!

Currently: 65F cloudy , High  69F mostly,  with  Low 64F

Tig sorry to hear about your tree removal  I bet that cost mega bucks; I'm looking to remove 3 ribbon elms and 1 red bud. they detract from our huge willow

{{{Baz}}} good news for  mtn sister and family all the best for   their  safe return home.

CLynn wow! all that green in Maquoketa Caves Waterfall, Iowa; KK had Lyme Disease   :(    ; awesome view of Devil's Tower
Yes, knee injections would be  about every 3-6mos.  Oh yeah. Exercise bike would be good for the knees---as well as the at home exercises and walking. ;)

Lani tks for the Royal Albies update. Appreciate the 'flight path' map, too. Peaceful image last night

{{{KB}}}  your Brevard friends.

Tsk... 🙏 s. for Tim.  Cute  AM greeting.

Tsk, Clynn, Lisa and Lani thank you for asking bout my doc visit at Elite Sports medicine. 
After my injections were finished. I hopped down from the table( stool was put up). Amy said " Okay. Live it up.' No special restrictions.
They feel fine...hardly wait to get back into my walking after dinner. Love the look and feel of an autumn dusk.

Especially thinking of and offering up  hugs and prayers to  {{{all those suffering }}} from Hurricane Helene devastation.   And are lacking clean water, food, shelter; missing  loved ones  and pets . 🙏 s.   🙏 s.

Prayers for: The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers, Cheerios and RRP and families.

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:19:41 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam