Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 593602 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #8115 on: Yesterday at 12:13:39 PM »

Stony Point Penguin Colony Camera
Stony Point Nature Reserve, South Africa
Oct.2, 2024 6:20 AM
Camera time: Oct.2, 2024 1:20 PM SAST

Stony Point Penguin Colony Camera
Stony Point Nature Reserve, South Africa
Oct.2, 2024 6:21 AM
Camera time: Oct.2, 2024 1:21PM SAST

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #8116 on: Yesterday at 12:17:36 PM »

Mississippi River Flyway Cam
Oct.2 , 2024   12:14PM
Camera Time: Oct. 2, 2024  12:14 PM CDT

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #8117 on: Yesterday at 12:33:23 PM »

Good Afternoon...

What I thought would be just some nasal drip irritation has quickly turned out to be a roaring soar throat.
The more the day progresses. The more rotten I feel.
Jim up eating breakfoo. Then off to Walgreen's for his other Rx. Sure hope this does the 'trick'.
So far I've managed to keep Maggie protected from our germs.

Tsk  luv the chipmunks this AM. How's Tim and Lulu---and yourself?

CLynn Hope all's well with everyone including Harley and Sophie and Sam

Lani   tks for sloths update 

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:32:04 PM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8118 on: Yesterday at 01:18:13 PM »

CLYNN   Have to be hearty on that tour esp if it goes to the top floor  ;) ;)

OLDGUY    Claire is a miracle worker with the General.  but wonder how much longer.  :(

PHYL  Crystal clear on the flyway  :)

Will report on Tim when  plan is in place.  Day to day is boring enough  LOL
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #8119 on: Yesterday at 03:01:29 PM »

Good afternoon!

Phyl, have you and Jim undergone allergy testing I wouldn’t be at all surprised if that is what is causing many of your issues worth a try thanks for posts this morning and afternoon.     .tsk, 😷
Lani, sloths!🤩
Clynn, love tge house if the 7 gables!, what a fun place for kids to run and play in and a terrible place to have to clean up and downstairs all day long!

Old guy thanks so much for the video of the helicopter pilot flying over the massive devastation in North Carolina. It breaks my heart to see it. I hope they will be able to restore some of the charm that existed in the mountains and entice people to live in the area, I also hope some of the animals who were in harms way have found refuge

I spoke with Dr. Hall this afternoon while she was driving a mobile surgical unit to a town south of here where it lives, she had borrowed it to spay and neuter 100 cats who found a colony to live in  behind a trailer camp behind her boarding and training facility. She was able to spay 20 before returning the unit, but she will continue after things settle down at her house, she has large trees that fell on the deck of her swimming pool and a livestock fence that surrounds the property which is temporarily
repaired enough to keep her animals safe and in side, the property . some of her dogs are at her boarding facility and others in her home  she has no power, except that which is provided by a portable generator. There is no word on when the power in that part of town will be restored. She says it is what it is. I believe she has a wonderful attitude about what cannot be done right now. all in all, I must repeat that I am lucky with my current situation
BL where are you?
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:58:06 PM by karengramke »

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8120 on: Yesterday at 03:39:56 PM »

Yah!...I just heard my friends are at their son's house a few miles away from their home. However, still no electricity, cell phone service, internet, or WATER!

KB, great news!! So glad they are safe!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

oldguy

« Reply #8121 on: Yesterday at 03:47:35 PM »

USGS at Yellowstone released a follow-up today on the explosive activity on July 23rd
Biscuit Basin Hydrothermal Explosion Update (Yellowstone Monthly Update — October 2024)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pucqFVDgQAo
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8122 on: Yesterday at 04:17:56 PM »

Wow
Tnx OldGuy... an earthquake the day before we arrived. And we drove by the explosion site at Biscuit Basin several times during our trip.
Almost finished with laundry day.  :-\
Camper will finish the mowing after he gets some supper for us from Famous Dave's.
BTW... One of our mower batteries no longer works. Any preferred places to get a new one??? Snapper 82v 2ah Briggs & Stratton
 With a rectangular boxy shaped case.

???
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8123 on: Yesterday at 04:36:54 PM »

Happy WinesDay Wednesday, Beakers!  :)

I will try not to whine today, but I can't guarantee I won't wine a bit later.  ;) ;) ;D

Someone asked... My Lil Sister, grandparent to my young great-nephews and great-nieces (not my Mtns Sis), has been gone from home this summer more than she has been home, so she hasn't adopted another cat since her sweet Etta's death in July.

Both of her children's families, (includes her 6 grandchildren), are going to be visiting her for a long weekend this weekend, so it's going to be a barrel of fun there! Wish I could join them!  :) :-*

My 18-and-a-half-years-old privacy fence around my back patio was replaced this past weekend with a brand spanking new one. Zippo was amazingly calm watching it all from her glass patio door perch.  ;) :D :-*

I was out running errands mid-day today, and found myself in the neighborhood of the county health department. I ran in and got my Fluzone High-Dose Flu Vaccine, for seniors. Yay! It had been over 10 years (and 2 days, LOL) since my last TDAP (tetanus, diptheria, pertussis - which is whooping cough), making me eligible to get it covered by my insurance. So I got that at the same time in the other arm. I got the new Covid vaccine 3 weeks ago at Walmart.  All 3 shots were covered in full by Medicare, so no out-of-pocket cost to me. Yay! So, I'm all "shot up."   ??? ;) ;D  Bring on the rusty nails!  :o Just kidding!!  ;D  But I'm protected, just in case! I think about that after disasters - a real concern for those not protected who are at risk of the type of injuries that can put them at risk of tetanus, if not inoculated in advance, or immediately after that kind of injury. I try to stay ahead of that by getting it on a 10-year schedule, as recommended.

I had a crab roll for a very late lunch, so I'm not really hungry for dinner... maybe something light later. Thank goodness it's WinesDay Wednesday!  ;) ;D

Off to take care of things around home...

Take care, (((Beakers)))!!  :-*

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

oldguy

« Reply #8124 on: Yesterday at 04:41:33 PM »

Tig - does it accept charge?  If not, try it again, after it has rested a day.  The battery pack contains several battery cells - these cells have to be equal voltage when you go to charge it - if they are not, the charger will not charge the battery.  Letting it rest a day, allows the cells to balance out.  Some times it will happen if you go staight from the mower to the charger and the battery is too hot.

Walmart sells this battery online with free shipping.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Snapper-1760265-82V-4-0-Ah-Lithium-Ion-Battery/174884122?classType=REGULAR&from=/search
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 05:24:12 PM by oldguy »

oldguy

« Reply #8125 on: Yesterday at 04:52:17 PM »

Baz - last summer, I asked my doctor about getting a tetanus booster as it had been 12 years since my last one.  He told me that Medicare would only cover it if I was being treated for an injury that could lead to tetanus.  The protocol for the shot has been changed and it is no longer suggested for every 10 years.  Is there a difference between the tetanus booster and the TDAP shot?

oldguy

« Reply #8126 on: Yesterday at 05:23:24 PM »

Puff - I thought you would be interested in this news report from Hawaii...
New Hawaii coffee law hailed and hurt Kona industry   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62KAJUJkvMM

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8127 on: Yesterday at 05:41:38 PM »

Thanx OldGuy
I'm forwarding the information to Camper

SED
The hard pool workout plus laundry day has me dragging... But blessed 🙏
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8128 on: Yesterday at 06:57:54 PM »

KAREN   Thanks for the story about Dr Hall.  She is a wonderful lady.  You are surrounded by many nice people.  :)

KB  Great news on your friends.  Tim's son's wife AMY ( the one with ovarian cancer last year)  - her Mom lives near the Gulf and I forget the town in Florida.  She just finished the repair and some rebuild of her home from the last hurricane and this one is now demolished - all new stuff gone cabinetry, flooring appliances etc all at the curb.  She's safe and living with another dtr in Florida. She's also just recovered from a few small strokes...sigh

OLDGUY   Interesting piece on the Yellowstone activity.  More volatile area than I was aware of.

BAZI  Very productive errand day for you.  Am not aware of the 10 yr tetanus, pertussis, diptheria shot.... ???  Enjoy your adult beverage.. ;) ;)

Finished cutting down the perennials today - Tomorrow super clean all 3 birdbaths and tuck away.  Start cleaning up the patio plants as well.
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #8129 on: Yesterday at 08:30:42 PM »

Puff - I thought you would be interested in this news report from Hawaii...
New Hawaii coffee law hailed and hurt Kona industry   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62KAJUJkvMM

OG  I did a full day tour at a coffee setup on Kauai about 8 (?) years ago.  They were new to the trade, but not their bushes - now more like trees.  Their claim to fame and bragging is that it takes better because all their beans come from the same ground/soil.  Kona uses bean from varied plantations, makes it hard to get a pure blend of the different bouquets.  I hear Kauai has been the winner at a good numbers of events lately.  Kauai, because of their winning record gets to charge a tiny bit more.  What's a dollar or two at that level.  Never say die - Starbucks does have shops selling their own Kona even in Hawaii.  Makes no sense to me.  I wonder if they have to prove it.

P   
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:34:39 PM by Puff »