Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 533803 times)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2010 on: February 28, 2024, 10:58:08 PM »

Lani - So nice to know that Mike is working from home right now!  Yes, I like to make simple meals during the week and have easy clean up!  My hubby likes whatever I fix!     Cute mama and her pups! :-* :)

Og - What a huge temp change in just a few hours;  74 down to 32!  Yaay! Cards were good! ;D    Nice birthday posts today!   Good tips on cooking carrots & potatoes in slow cooker - thank you!

Phyl - Looks like you had a good temp in your area, although you had heavy rain.   Yum! Your meatloaf dinner sounds so good!!

Tsk - Wow, you are having some different temps in your weather and all the rain!!!

Clynn - You & Ed sure had a busy day!!!  Hope Sophie is resting & sleeping comfortably tonight.  Hope all went well for you & Ed at your dental appts!   Yesterday, I had my teeth cleaned! ;)   Chilly day over there!

Kb - What did you decide to cook in your crockpot?  I bet it was delicious!   I just saw your picture - what a lovely meal!!!! Yum!!!!

Puff - Such a wide range of temps in a day!

Lisag - How are Bandit & Misty?   Just saw the picture of Misty & kittens!! Thank you for posting - so cute!    Darling photo of cute lil Sydney  :)

Tig - You are so organized - you already have your route planned!  8)    Amazing procession - so much unity . . .

Karen - It was not my birthday; it was for 'Eaglesrock', but I appreciate your nice birthday post anyway (my birthday will roll around in Sep.) :)

Lori - Delicious birthday posts - so yummy!

Beakers have a good night - all be safe - keep warm.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2011 on: February 28, 2024, 11:09:05 PM »

Catlin Clark was unstoppable tonight - triple double - 33pts,12 assists, 10 rebounds.  She set 3 scoring records.  Iowa beat Minn. 108 to 60 and shot 61.8% for the game.  They made 22 out of 39 3 pt. shots for 56.4%  It was a 3pt clinic. :o

Congrats!! She needs to give a clinic for the Jayhawks! They need a woman to teach them how to get the job done! She's amazing!  8)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2012 on: February 29, 2024, 12:00:44 AM »

Beautiful birthday greetings from everyone for Eaglesrock and Sydney!  ;D

Tig, looks like it was a very teary and well-attended memorial. I'm so sorry for their loss.  :'( ... I send prayers for Bro's BIL.

Lisa, we have to give Misty some slack here being a first time mom at such a young age. The pic shows she's in shock and looking at you for guidance.  ;D :-*
oh my, Miss Sydney is growing! Love that smile and those eyes. Thanks for posting.  :-*

Oldguy, thanks for the tips. I'm going to make a pot roast tomorrow. All this talk is making me hungry.

Phyl, crazy weather everywhere. Thanks for weather info. Beautiful good night pic!

T40, thanks for the story to the Wildlife cams. I caught a few snaps from Africam Rosie's Pan. I hadn't watched that cam in a few years.

Eagles, beautiful sunset .... take care  :-*

Good night from Rosie's Pan!

I've never seen so many Lions taking a rest at Rosie's Pan! One male King surrounded by his harem and cubs.
A couple of the females look pregnant.

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2013 on: February 29, 2024, 02:02:15 AM »

Royal Albatross ~ LGK Gets To Meet TFT For 1st Time! 🐥 Shares Affectionate Preening w/ BOK 💕 2.25.24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4w-uKxWgKQ

Feb 25, 2024
Dad LGK spent the night with TF and in the morning he gave two feedings. At the nest to the right TFT BOK flew in for another changeover with WYL. The coverage begins with LGK getting up and walking to the cam and giving us some great closeups! LGK is one handsome dude!! 💕 After several minutes of admiring himself for the camera, he heads over to TF who is not interested in another feeding at that time.

LGK walks over to BOK who is sitting on the nest and he reaches over and gives her some affectionate preening. He also does a playful nip at her feathers. They have a friendly neighborly interaction (no he is not disloyal to LGL by preening another female!) :) Albatross mate for life and very loyal and dedicated to their partner. Even when a partner dies, it can takes years before the bereaved albatross will start to find a new mate. LGK is just being neighborly 💕

BOK gets up and LGK gets to see TFT and touch it with his bill - sort of like the elephants that touch a new born ellie with their trunks! Very tender moment. Looks like both WYL and BOK will be good neighbors to LGK & LGL. ♥ LGK gets up and has a beautiful departure over the water! Hurry home LGL we miss you! Thank you for watching!

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk

Health check for TF chick on left and TFT nest on the right of screen.

:-* :'( :-* :'( :-* :'( :-* :-* :-* :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #2014 on: February 29, 2024, 02:08:25 AM »

Lori - The Cream Horns look delicious, but your wording about buttery and crispy made me think of this oldie, but goodie.  Jeff and I laugh our heads off, and its a running joke in our house.  ;D  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIrQ9ilL8aw

:D :D :D
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 08:36:34 AM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #2015 on: February 29, 2024, 02:16:48 AM »

Kb lovely scarlet ibis; the ibises that were 'sacred' to ancient Egyptians were white.    Although their murals show some as black. They  sacrificed ibises by the millions, murdering and mummifying the sacred birds as tributes to Thoth (pronounced like “oath,” with a “th” at the beginning), who also oversaw justice, magic and the judgment of the dead.

I'm so lucky! White Ibis are at the retention pond next to my building every day. Big long, curved beak... like an oil rig... up and down in the dirt, all the live long day! There is one in particular one, here daily, solo, except for his good buddy, the Great Egret.  :D :D :-* :-* :-*
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 08:37:19 AM by baziunc »

baziunc

« Reply #2016 on: February 29, 2024, 02:23:57 AM »

bounce

TSK... I was following the bus, as it was on my route for about 5 blocks, and was pulling away from me after I reached 35 m.p.h.

Very sore hip tonight after sitting most of the 4.5 hours in laundry room on regular chair and 2 hours at BWW on regular chair. Pain pills didn't help much. Hmmm

SED

I don't know what BWW is (is that something most people know?), or what your cause of hip pain is, but I know hip pain of any kind - arthritic, or otherwise - is no fun. I hope you feel better soon. ((Hugs))
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 08:25:12 AM by baziunc »

baziunc

« Reply #2017 on: February 29, 2024, 02:33:18 AM »

Did anyone see Baz at the North Carolina game? What a great game! They won 75-71. I bet Baz was enjoying every second!!  ;D
Former Coaches Roy Williams and Larry Brown were present. Both coached at KU too!

Eagles, glad your back is feeling a better and back to her spunky self! She sounds like Lisa's mom!  ;D

Tsk, The TFT family keeps a close eye the TF chick.. How is your SIL?

Phyl, beautiful sunset at Flyaway cam! Interesting info about the ibises

{{{Tig}}}

Puff, warmer than normal weather for you and Tsk. Take care.

Pepper Tells How She Got Away from a Hawk! 😂  RxCKSTxR Comedy Voiceover!  ;D ;D ;D
https://twitter.com/i/status/1762241472386961425

TF Chick jumps up from sleep and sounds alert! Parent is coming! TFT parent calls out too!

Welcome Home Mom LGL! She returns to see her much bigger chick!

Lots of kisses, preening and feeding of chick  :-*

OMG!!!  :'( :-* :'( :-* :'( :-* :)  I am about overcome with joy!!! LGL IS BACK!!!! Feeding and loving on her chick, TF!!!  :-* :-* :-*  I am verklempt. That hardly conveys my tearful joy! Thanks for sharing this fabulous news, Lani!!! Hugs to the World!!! And LGL and TF, and ALL the Royal Albies, and the rangers and staff there!  :) :-* :-* :-*

P.S. Lani, there is so much connection between my UNC Tarheels, and your and Mike's KU Jayhawks! I have followed our intersecting basketball team histories for years!  ;D We could hate each other's team history with some of that, or relish the connection. I'm relishing it. But just so you and Mike know...  ;D ... if we meet in the NCAA Tourney, you know where I stand.
  ;) :D :D ;D ;D ;D 8)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 02:39:30 AM by baziunc »

baziunc

« Reply #2018 on: February 29, 2024, 02:45:01 AM »

Harley sleeping next to me...

Clynn, Harley,  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 08:39:11 AM by baziunc »

baziunc

« Reply #2019 on: February 29, 2024, 03:00:42 AM »

Well, baz I did find and watch your team.  Why NC?  Your school or family connection? 

First half low scoring, but picked up tone the second half.  Got just crazy at the end.  Liked watching their two little guys (racing around little guys/rabbits), exciting play by #4 and #2, Davis and Cadeau.  What year are they?  Hope you get more time with them in other years.

Looked all through the stands for you and the sign.   8)   I'm sure I finally found you.  You were the one wearing the blue sweatshirt, right?   :P

P

Puff, you're hilarious!!!  ;D ;D ;D I was not wearing a sweatshirt. I am waiting for my sister to send me the pics of us at the game with the UNC mascot, Ramses, the Fighting Ram. I will share a pic here when I get it.  ;) :D   I went to school there, at UNC-Chapel Hill, as did my siblings and father. Our blood runs Carolina Blue, as the saying goes.  ;D    ;) :D
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 08:39:48 AM by baziunc »

baziunc

« Reply #2020 on: February 29, 2024, 03:10:57 AM »

BAZI    Bit of a nail biter in the last minutes  :o :o  Hope you had a good time at the game.  ;D

EAGLES  A trip to Mom's today to pack up wrong Amazon order.  Been there done that. :o  Good idea from CLYNN

LANI   My SIL  Margaret is still sleeping a lot but they did go for a ride on Sunday to visit her brother for a bit.  Baby steps.    Pepper telling the story   LOL     YAY  LGL is home  ;D   Big change for baby in 9 days  :o

PHYL   What a cute fabric owl  :)   Good blog from Amy    Interesting how they are publishing the location of the Trempealeau nest.
HD    Knows the location of some good nesting material  LOL    That Dana Schroeder photo is stunning. 

CLYNN   Awww  Harley

TSK, you're being judicious! My nails are mostly gone!!! But we had a total blast at the game! Theres's so much good, and fun, stuff that happens on the court - during the breaks and halftime - that doesn't appear on TV. Great fun the whole time!  :D  I'm so glad your Margaret is getting out some. Hugs.  :-* :-*

baziunc

« Reply #2021 on: February 29, 2024, 03:18:53 AM »

Sue Bruhling - Breaking News in Decorah!!!!! - Decorah Hatchery Eagles - February 25, 2024
Our Friend & Photographer Steven Smith went over to Decorah on Sunday and look what he found!!!!!! Dude/HD & Missy/HM INCUBATING at their New Nest, N5 on the other side of the Bluff!!! ❤ ❤ ❤ They have Eggs! Oh! Happy Day!!!! 🙂 The incubation period for these eggs is approximately 35 days. Although we don't know the exact days that they were laid we will have some kind of an idea counting 35 days from February 25 which would be March 30th! Also, I wonder if the warmer weather might affect the incubation period this year as bald Eagle Incubation in the southern states tend to be shorter due to the warmer weather! 😉 Thank You! Steven Smith for sharing the Big News and Pictures with us! ❤

Clynn, YAYAYAY for Decorah HD and HM!!! And N5! Found! Delivered!!!!  :) :-* :-* :-*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6To0fvX_wFA

baziunc

« Reply #2022 on: February 29, 2024, 03:24:01 AM »

Sue Bruhling - Just now  · AND if that wasn't Enough Great News to start your Day I have More!!!! 🙂
I'm so excited! Our Friend & Photographer Steven Smith also went over on Sunday to check on our much-Loved Mom Decorah and her Guy DM2 and LOOK what he found!!!!!!
My Heart is bursting with Joy to see Beautiful Mom & DM2 still together and bonding as Steve writes below! Praying for Bobbleheads this year as they were not successful the last two years. They deserve this, Mom has been through so much in her lifetime...  February 25, 2024 - Thank You! Steven Smith for the Update and Beautiful Picture of Mom Decorah & her Guy, DM2

Oh my! Clynn and Steven Smith, THANK YOU!!  :-* :-* :-*  Decorah Mom  - you are the best! And DM2, I love you! A great love bond!!  :-* :-*  All best wishes for a healthy and successful nesting season for them this year!  :-* :-* :-*

baziunc

« Reply #2023 on: February 29, 2024, 03:52:24 AM »

I made this Lisa - on low for 6-8 hours on this very cold day!

Recipe:
https://www.cookingclassy.com/slow-cooker-pot-roast/

YUMMM!!  I want some!  :D

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2024 on: February 29, 2024, 05:36:30 AM »

BAZ... Buffalo Wild Wings  ;)
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)