Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 540905 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1905 on: February 26, 2024, 11:22:22 AM »

bounce
Puff... Thanx. Yum. Camper says there is a KK in east WI. Told him we would need to walk there and back to burn the calories. Lol
Laundry day. Made appt.s for car insurance folks, and chimney touch up and reported school bus driving 37 m.p.h. in a 25 m.p.h. zone this a.m.
Camper will run some errands, check on an old friend and then pick me up to go to BWW
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1906 on: February 26, 2024, 11:22:55 AM »

Royal Albatross ~ LGK Gets To Meet TFT For 1st Time! 🐥 Shares Affectionate Preening w/ BOK 💕 2.25.24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4w-uKxWgKQ

Feb 25, 2024
Dad LGK spent the night with TF and in the morning he gave two feedings. At the nest to the right TFT BOK flew in for another changeover with WYL. The coverage begins with LGK getting up and walking to the cam and giving us some great closeups! LGK is one handsome dude!! 💕 After several minutes of admiring himself for the camera, he heads over to TF who is not interested in another feeding at that time.

LGK walks over to BOK who is sitting on the nest and he reaches over and gives her some affectionate preening. He also does a playful nip at her feathers. They have a friendly neighborly interaction (no he is not disloyal to LGL by preening another female!) :) Albatross mate for life and very loyal and dedicated to their partner. Even when a partner dies, it can takes years before the bereaved albatross will start to find a new mate. LGK is just being neighborly 💕

BOK gets up and LGK gets to see TFT and touch it with his bill - sort of like the elephants that touch a new born ellie with their trunks! Very tender moment. Looks like both WYL and BOK will be good neighbors to LGK & LGL. ♥ LGK gets up and has a beautiful departure over the water! Hurry home LGL we miss you! Thank you for watching!

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk

Health check for TF chick on left and TFT nest on the right of screen.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1907 on: February 26, 2024, 01:27:56 PM »

PUFF  Saw the Bay of Fundy from above when my friend and I went to Nova Scotia many years ago.

TIG   Wonderful that you're going to Yellowstone this summer.  Am already anticipating Camper's pics  ;) ;)   Congrats to all 50 states for you and bro!  Enjoy the Wild Wings  ;D   How could you monitor the bus speed?

LISA  Very delicate AM vase of springness  ;D

LORI  Around here jumping from fall to spring is more like it  :o :o   Puff pastry horns - YUM  ;D

KAREN   The game is at 6 PM  CST   I have Comcast and the channel is 173 or ESPNHD

LANI   What a sweet Albie report.  It's a good neighborhood  LOL

KB   Like LANI  All my books go to our library.  They have 2 book sales/year.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 05:53:56 PM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #1908 on: February 26, 2024, 01:31:32 PM »

Lori - The Cream Horns look delicious, but your wording about buttery and crispy made me think of this oldie, but goodie.  Jeff and I laugh our heads off, and its a running joke in our house.  ;D  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIrQ9ilL8aw

Puff - Thanks for all the goodies reminders.  The KK's is not a bad deal. 

((karen))

Lani - Thank you  :-*  Thanks for the Royal update.

tig - Sounds like you have a busy day planned.

tsk - Thanks, they caught my eye on Pinterest this morning.  :)

kbshcb

« Reply #1909 on: February 26, 2024, 02:19:19 PM »

I've donated hundreds of books already in years past....I only threw away some of my things like Preparing for the State Board etc...and how to sue in small claims court!...LOL....the few novels I threw won't be missed.
I still have tens if not hundreds more to go in various places....including an entire set of Encyclopedias. Maybe someday? Was a book reader my whole life.

Took a nap today. Much needed after not getting a good night sleep last night with shoulder pain.
Much better at the moment.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1910 on: February 26, 2024, 05:26:03 PM »

Kb lovely scarlet ibis; the ibises that were 'sacred' to ancient Egyptians were white.    Although their murals show some as black. They  sacrificed ibises by the millions, murdering and mummifying the sacred birds as tributes to Thoth (pronounced like “oath,” with a “th” at the beginning), who also oversaw justice, magic and the judgment of the dead.

CLynn just some tiding up and tossing----'purging'  as TSK says.  May take a break tomorrow and then finish up later in week. Oh! That slo-cooker is perfect for E4E/Kris.   Awesome ancient oak---makes me think of what Harry and Hermione saw  The Forest of Dean ?    Lavender Ladies be perfect  near one's bed at night.

Tsk  was thinking Sr. Jean still attended  the games     :-\

Puff   ;)

Tig  a nice swim sounds great.

Lori Now Destini  :)  and goodness those Italian Cream Stuffed Cream Horns. !

Bazi  don't for get the sign and a selfie

{{Karen}} tks for notes  the Doc visit---glad you're doing okay. Maybe this adjustment  will last

Lisa such delicate pink common baby's breath.  Yes the dogs t his AM are all speaking 'hoonan'  ;D

Lani tks for the Royal Albie update and snaps---touching report

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1911 on: February 26, 2024, 05:26:37 PM »

Mississippi River Flyway Cam ----just now
Camera Time: Feb 26, 2024 5:21 PM CST

Good Night and SEDs Everyone
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 11:04:52 PM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1912 on: February 26, 2024, 05:42:25 PM »

bounce

TSK... I was following the bus, as it was on my route for about 5 blocks, and was pulling away from me after I reached 35 m.p.h.

Very sore hip tonight after sitting most of the 4.5 hours in laundry room on regular chair and 2 hours at BWW on regular chair. Pain pills didn't help much. Hmmm

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1913 on: February 26, 2024, 05:57:11 PM »

LISA     LOLOL   That was hysterical - esp when she messed up too  LOLOL  " buttery flaky crust"  Easier to type without errors  ;) ;)

PHYL    Beautiful fly way tonight.

72 degrees today and we smashed the previous record of 64.    Tomorrow 76 is a record high and we may just tie it - Then the severe storms are predicted tomorrow night.  Topsy- turvy weather.   Normal average high is 40 degrees.
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #1914 on: February 26, 2024, 07:04:21 PM »

We had 74 - which isn't counted.   :'(
I think we should either get the record or tie tomorrow.

P

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1915 on: February 26, 2024, 09:35:42 PM »

Phyl - Thank you - yes, I hope my Mom will be better for the next get-together with family! :)

Lani - I heard from my mom briefly today; where she was saying that something we ordered for her from Amazon is not right and needs to be sent back.

Kb - The big furniture move takes place Wednesday - right?  Just wondering if I have the date correct.    Gorgeous pic of  Scarlet Ibis!     Wow! The cruise ships leaving port! ::)

Clynn - I have a box of frozen 'Morey's Alaskan Salmon' - marinated and individually packed from Costco.  I have also bought from Raley's Nob Hill;  Alaskan Halibut.  The Morey's I do not do anything, but set it on a baking sheet!  When I buy fish that I need to spice, I will use 'Old Bay', and a little peppered garlic and will bake it on a buttered baking tray.  It's all good!!     I love that vw bus with the yummy dinner inside - so cute!!!!! ;D     Wow- the 500 - 1000 yr old Oak tree is totally amazing-can't believe the diameter of the massive trunk! :o

Tsk - My Mom used to have medical books and self-help, but she too, gave them away or sold them at a yard sale!

Tig - Sound like a fun trip is being planned for this summer!

Lori - Destini is so pretty!  She has a look that says she owns it!! Lol! :)

LisaG - My Mom must be feeling better as she keeps getting more spunky/demanding! ;D

Puff - Had not heard that about buffalo wild wings - usually our local news will advertise stuff like that. ::)

Lani - Thank you for Albatross update!

Karen - Hope you & Piper are having a nice evening.

Puff - Nice warm temp for your area today!

Beakers have a good night.

Lani

« Reply #1916 on: February 26, 2024, 10:35:58 PM »

Did anyone see Baz at the North Carolina game? What a great game! They won 75-71. I bet Baz was enjoying every second!!  ;D
Former Coaches Roy Williams and Larry Brown were present. Both coached at KU too!

Eagles, glad your back is feeling a better and back to her spunky self! She sounds like Lisa's mom!  ;D

Tsk, The TFT family keeps a close eye the TF chick.. How is your SIL?

Phyl, beautiful sunset at Flyaway cam! Interesting info about the ibises

{{{Tig}}}

Puff, warmer than normal weather for you and Tsk. Take care.

Pepper Tells How She Got Away from a Hawk! 😂  RxCKSTxR Comedy Voiceover!  ;D ;D ;D
https://twitter.com/i/status/1762241472386961425

TF Chick jumps up from sleep and sounds alert! Parent is coming! TFT parent calls out too!

Welcome Home Mom LGL! She returns to see her much bigger chick!

Lots of kisses, preening and feeding of chick  :-*

« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 11:02:48 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #1917 on: February 26, 2024, 10:53:08 PM »

LGL tries to brood a much bigger chick after 9 days away.  ;D

Both mothers are sitting with their chicks. Hopefully LGL will stay the night...  :-*

Mom LGL with TF chick laying under her with a look of pure contentment on both faces... mom and baby.  :-*

Good night!

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 10:56:28 PM by Lani »

Phyl

« Reply #1918 on: February 27, 2024, 06:11:56 AM »

Good Morning Everyone.... ! 

Currently  45F  mostly cloudy    High  62F light rain,  Low 45F 

Tsk me thinks the weather will be screwy for us all for a while  :P

{{{Tig}}}

Eagles good  luck with the weather today;   So glad your Mom's  well . I use Morey's seafood, too. It's  so easy and tasty

Lani   the Royal mothers are very dedicated   :-*

Prayers for:Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.  Twin Cities suburb- Minneapolis  ;  Lakewood Church community, Texas;  All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 06:16:54 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1919 on: February 27, 2024, 06:12:32 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

February 26, 2024: News, NestFlix, and new cams!
 February 26, 2024  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/02/26/february-26-2024-news-nestflix-and-new-cams/

Sauces bald eagle cam